Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

What am I missing?

whoa_dammitub17_ESO
Keep in mind this is my first mmo ever.......I have a champion 215 khajitt nightblade that was my first character. was not spec'd as a night blade per se- had siphon,silver bolts,low slash,power bash,werewolf. I did quite well until recently. wanted to be able to do more damage as I was starting to find it difficult so I respec'd to a sap tank. Now I just die ALL the time, I'm ok if it's just one enemy but any groups and i'm toast.....effectively making this character unplayable...My level 40 DB knight is way better, and currently the only character I can play.
what I have now-
blur,veil of blades, summon shade, swallow soul, siphoning strikes, drain power, pierce armor, defensive posture, inner fire, medium armor werewolf.
magic-31 health-31 stam-2
Die in battle and go to Valhalla
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Couple of things.

1 you're using both stam based and magicka based moves. They will both be subpar. Focus on magic or stam. Same with your attributes, either all stam or all magicka (health can be achieved via armor, glyphs etc)

2. Damage is based on both max magicka and spell damage OR max stamina weapon damage (depending on what the ability costs, e.g. if it costs magicka it's damage is based on spell dmg and max magicka)

Simply, focus on stam or magicka and you'll do better.
    Edited by Waffennacht on October 7, 2016 3:43PM
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds