Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

EU Server login bug and annoying workaround

Lanxorot
Lanxorot
Initial state:
1. Remove UserSettings.txt file from "live" folder to simulate clean game installation.
2. Launch the game, on server selection pop-up select Live-EU and observe that on Login screen server set to Live-EU and announcement displayed for EU servers.
Login to the game and observe that all characters related to EU servers present.
3. Log out completely from the game and close game patcher.
4. Open again game patcher and launch the game. Observe that Server on Log-in screen set to Live-EU BUT announcement set to NA servers.
Wait. Wait more. Wait much more. Observe that nothing happens and announcement still set to NA Servers.
Try to log-in and observe that You logged to the NA servers.
Logout. Completely close game/patcher.

Workaround to correct login for EU servers - should be applied each login

1. Get to Login screen - note that NA announcement present on the bottom:
1444lf6.jpg
2. Select NA server and press ACCEPT
s2u1xt.jpg
3. Select EU server and press ACCEPT
mkwrrm.jpg
4. Wait about 1 min and You will see EU server announcement:
2rm03tt.jpg
  • Yshaar
    Yshaar
    ✭✭✭
    Thank you so much for this workaround. I have exactly the same issue!
  • melek-taus
    melek-taus
    ✭✭✭
    This solved my problem as well but still the Game launcher/ patcher does not work. I only see the option Install and am required to download the full game again but even with 80gb free disc space I get an error that I have no room.
    To start the game I have to go into the game folder and execute the launche.exe and ESO will go directly to the login screen where I have to change the serves. I cannot start the game from the normal patcher/ launcher as the play button keeps saying install.
    Anyone?
    EU/PC
    Malek Taus - VR16 Khajit Stamina GankKnight -

Will gank for Skooma....
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    melek-taus wrote: »
    This solved my problem as well but still the Game launcher/ patcher does not work. I only see the option Install and am required to download the full game again but even with 80gb free disc space I get an error that I have no room.
    To start the game I have to go into the game folder and execute the launche.exe and ESO will go directly to the login screen where I have to change the serves. I cannot start the game from the normal patcher/ launcher as the play button keeps saying install.
    Anyone?
    @melek-taus What folder are you going to? All client files should now be in "The Elder Scrolls Online" and not "The Elder Scrolls Online EU".
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
    Join us on Discord - discord.gg/uesp
  • melek-taus
    melek-taus
    ✭✭✭
    Enodoc wrote: »
    Anyone?
    @melek-taus What folder are you going to? All client files should now be in "The Elder Scrolls Online" and not "The Elder Scrolls Online EU".

I only have one folder the "The Elder Scrolls Online" folder. I can start the game from the launcher64.exe or launcher.exe application (it directly loads the login screen) within the game folder and have to select NA and then EU to load the game. However if I start the normal patcher/ launcher in which you have to press play I only have an Install option, no repair option and install always says there is not enough space...
    Edited by melek-taus on October 7, 2016 8:46AM
    EU/PC

Will gank for Skooma....
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Anyone?
    I only have one folder the "The Elder Scrolls Online" folder. I can start the game from the launcher64.exe or launcher.exe application (it directly loads the login screen) within the game folder and have to select NA and then EU to load the game. However if I start the normal patcher/ launcher in which you have to press play I only have an Install option, no repair option and install always says there is not enough space...
    Hmm... you could try renaming that to "The Elder Scrolls Online EU", and see if the launcher notices that (if it does notice, it should turn it back to "The Elder Scrolls Online" and then update normally).

I would otherwise suggest that you start the installation and see what folder it creates, but if it's saying there's not enough space, I assume you can't do that. Beyond that, I'm afraid I'm not sure what to suggest right now.
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
    Join us on Discord - discord.gg/uesp
  • melek-taus
    melek-taus
    ✭✭✭
    Anyone?
    Hmm... you could try renaming that to "The Elder Scrolls Online EU", and see if the launcher notices that (if it does notice, it should turn it back to "The Elder Scrolls Online" and then update normally).

I would otherwise suggest that you start the installation and see what folder it creates, but if it's saying there's not enough space, I assume you can't do that. Beyond that, I'm afraid I'm not sure what to suggest right now.

I am going to try what you suggested and hope this works.
    Found a similar problem and Z stated this might also work:

Entire game (40GB) is being downloaded instead of just the patch (2.3GB)
    EU players may find this is happening after the Launcher update is complete. Close the launcher. Navigate to where you have ESO installed on your machine, and open the “Launcher” directory. Open “launcher.settings” in Notepad (or any preferred document editor) and look for the “region”:”EU” entry. Change this to read “region”:”US”, and save the launcher.settings file. The launcher can now be reopened and the patch continued.

If “region” is already set to “US” in settings, then navigate to where you have ESO installed on your machine. If you see a newly-created folder titled “Elder Scrolls Online”, delete that. Then, rename your original folder titled “Elder Scrolls Online EU” to just “Elder Scrolls Online.” When you re-open the launcher, you will download the 2.3GB patch rather than the entire game.

I just do not know why I should set it to US region seing as this is for EU players.
    EU/PC

Will gank for Skooma....