Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

New Launcher Mistake?

ZombieZig
ZombieZig
✭✭✭
Old launcher had a colored icon depicting the servers status being up or down. New launcher does not have this.
  • ZombieZig
    ZombieZig
    ✭✭✭
    I pondered perhaps after selecting NA realm in-game this may appear. It does not.
  • UrQuan
    UrQuan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Caius Drusus Imperial DK (DC)
    Bragg Ironhand Orc Temp (DC)
    Neesha Stalks-Shadows Argonian NB (EP)
    Falidir Altmer Sorcr (AD)
    J'zharka Khajiit NB (AD)
    Isabeau Runeseer Breton Sorc (DC)
    Fevassa Dunmer DK (EP)
    Manut Redguard Temp (AD)
    Tylera the Summoner Altmer Sorc (EP)
    Svari Snake-Blood Nord DK (AD)
    Ashlyn D'Elyse Breton NB (EP)
    Filindria Bosmer Temp (DC)
    Vigbjorn the Wanderer Nord Warden (EP)
    Hrokki Winterborn Breton Warden (DC)
    Basks-in-the-Sunshine Argonian Temp
    Someone stole my sweetroll
  • ZombieZig
    ZombieZig
    ✭✭✭
    Oh? Not having this is a feature intended... cool stuff.
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    It's not so much that it's intended, but something that we do plan on adding back in in a future patch. We had to remove it since the server selection is now done in-game, and not on the patcher.
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Staff Post
  • Kandrecar
    Kandrecar
    ✭✭
    I can't even start my launcher, it says Host_AuthFail. I hope it gets fixed on its own after maintenance is done
  • ZombieZig
    ZombieZig
    ✭✭✭
    Ty Gina for clearing that up
  • _Chaos
    _Chaos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's not so much that it's intended, but something that we do plan on adding back in in a future patch. We had to remove it since the server selection is now done in-game, and not on the patcher.

So silly. You don't need to take away a server status icon, just put all of them on the launcher. Simple coding for a company of that size. Simple coding for anyone that took a high school programming course actually. This isn't rocket appliances guys.
    'Chaos
  • nk125x
    nk125x
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Half your customers are having to reinstall your whole game, the other half have lost there characters

If this isnt a screw-up go help us all when you do screw-up.

Edited to remove bashing comment
    Edited by ZOS_DaryaK on October 6, 2016 9:03PM
  • Integral1900
    Integral1900
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The game is on the E drive you stupid launcher! It's already bloody well installed! Why do I have to pump 40 gig download all over again AAARRRGH!!!!!!!
  • Mx13
    Mx13
    ✭✭✭
    nk125x wrote: »

Half your customers are having to reinstall your whole game, the other half have lost there characters

If this isnt a screw-up go help us all when you do screw-up.

Chill dude, no one lost their characters its just that the NA/EU server selector its a bit wonky right now.

Edited to match quoted content
    Edited by ZOS_DaryaK on October 6, 2016 9:03PM
  • _Chaos
    _Chaos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
  • Integral1900
    Integral1900
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Tried that fix, no good, what I succeeded in doing was making it very cross indeed, I had to use the windows admin tools to stop it causing chaos. I'm going for a full rip out and reinstall again. Well done ZOS..... :s
  • xRIVALENx
    xRIVALENx
    ✭✭✭
    Just so everyone is aware, there is a PC Technical Support section on the forums :)
  • Tai-Chi
    Tai-Chi
    ✭✭✭✭

I selected the EU option from the second launcher screen. The game loaded on to the Character Selection screen; I found all my 8 characters missing. I nearly had heart failure.

It is clear that other people have had the same and similar problems. What is ZOS doing about it. Your response to this whole issue seems to have a tone of casualness about it.

PC - EU (Main) & PC - NA