Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Magplar PVP set

LeeroyGankins
LeeroyGankins
✭✭
What are some good set combos from One Tamriel for Magplar PVP?

Heavy/light?
  • X3ina
    X3ina
    ✭✭✭
    Healer or DPS?

Zerg/small group/solo?
    SW GoH > ESO
  • Dracane
    Dracane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Always Malubeth :)
    Rest naked
    Edited by Dracane on October 1, 2016 9:16PM
    Auri-El is my lord,
    Trinimac is my shield,
    Magnus is my mind.
  • LeeroyGankins
    LeeroyGankins
    ✭✭
    X3ina wrote: »
    Healer or DPS?

Zerg/small group/solo?

Cyorodil small group/zerg

More on the DPS side
  • LeeroyGankins
    LeeroyGankins
    ✭✭
    Dracane wrote: »
    Always Malubeth :)
    Rest naked

way to save gold mats lol
  • Savos_Saren
    Savos_Saren
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Bruh- lemme theorycraft the hell out of this for you,

Soulshine + Kagrenac + Chokethorn= Happy heals and happy kills.

I would run:

Chokethorn Head (infused)- Light, max magicka
    Chokethorn Shoulders (impen)- Medium, max magicka

Kagrenac Chest (infused)- Heavy, max magicka
    Kagrenac sash (impen)- Light, max magicka
    Kagrenac breaches (infused)- Light, max magicka
    Kagrenac shoes (impen)- Light, max magicka

Soulshine Ring- Spell Damage, healthy
    Soulshine Necklace- Spell Damage, healthy
    Soulshine Sword- Sharpened

Kagrenac, as we know, will increase your health, max magicka, magicka regen, spell power, and resurrections. Now, throw in an armor set that will increase you max magicka, spell crit, spell damage, and add a huge bonus to all channeled/casted abilities. Chokethorn will increase your healing by 2%... and with all your beautiful heals, you'll now heal yourself or your teammates more.

What does that mean? Now your Puncturing Sweep deals more damage and heals you for more. Now your Jesus Beam (either morph) hits HARDER than it does now. AND... don't forget to slot Soul Assault as your ultimate. It's a channeled ability. You just destroyed the competition while making your teammates happy with heals and quick rezzes.

B)
    Edited by Savos_Saren on October 3, 2016 3:18AM
    Want to enjoy the game more? Try both PvP (crybabies) and PvE (carebears). You'll get a better perspective on everyone's opinion.

PC NA AD
    Savos Saren
  • DannyLV702
    DannyLV702
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    5 piece malubeth 2 piece kags
  • Alucardo
    Alucardo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    jaburns wrote: »

I would run:

Kagrenac, as we know, will increase your health, max magicka, magicka regen, spell power, and resurrections. Now, throw in an armor set that will increase you max magicka, spell crit, spell damage, and add a huge bonus to all channeled/casted abilities. Chokethorn will increase your healing by 2%... and with all your beautiful heals, you'll now heal yourself or your teammates more.

What does that mean? Now your Puncturing Sweep deals more damage and heals you for more. Now your Jesus Beam (either morph) hits HARDER than it does now. AND... don't forget to slot Soul Assault as your ultimate. It's a channeled ability. You just destroyed the competition while making your teammates happy with heals and quick rezzes.

B)

What's the tooltip on the updated Soulshine these days? I use kags and cyrodiil light so I take less damage while channelling abilities (big plus), but if Soulshine adds some decent DPS it might be worth looking at.
  • Swindy
    Swindy
    ✭✭✭

I would run:

B)

Oh oops MN...couldn't find a piece of Krag, missing hands but that makes 12 & the 5.
    Edited by Swindy on October 3, 2016 7:05AM
    II Swindy II

Australian on Xbox NA (ex EU)
  • Toast_STS
    Toast_STS
    ✭✭✭✭
    Alucardo wrote: »

I would run:

B)

What's the tooltip on the updated Soulshine these days? I use kags and cyrodiil light so I take less damage while channelling abilities (big plus), but if Soulshine adds some decent DPS it might be worth looking at.

Soulshine: Increased this item set’s Spell Damage bonus to cast time and channeled abilities to 450 from 210.
    VR14 DK Leaps-in-keeps
  • Alucardo
    Alucardo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Toast_STS wrote: »

I would run:

B)

Soulshine: Increased this item set’s Spell Damage bonus to cast time and channeled abilities to 450 from 210.

Wow, not bad. Thanks!
  • Cinbri
    Cinbri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

I would run:

B)

1. You forgot mention gloves.
    2. It seems pure duelist build coz you won't survive with it when outnumbered and won't have enough magicka sustain to spam Rushed Ceremony.
    3. Chockethorn has less HP than automatons - in PvP it can be one-shotted even by AoE, so in PvP it may die the moment it is spawned and you will need to wait 10 sec till next spawn and pray that it won't be melted next second after.
    4. In additon like Engine automaton it can be interrupted.
    5. Like all other healing sets it is reducing its effectiveness too much coz Battle Spirit 50% heal reduction.
    P.S.: At least it can be repented.
  • stevepdodson_ESO888
    stevepdodson_ESO888
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Toast_STS wrote: »

I would run:

B)

Wow, not bad. Thanks!

maybe you could keep your Cyro Light and add it to Soulshine
  • Pomaikai
    Pomaikai
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Was thinking Reflective, Soulshine swords and Jewelry, plus Malubeth. Unless of course there is a new Monster Set that would be a better choice than Malubeth.

Thoughts?
  • cazlonb16_ESO
    cazlonb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Where did Soulshine drop again ? It's one of the overland zones, but I forgot which one.
  • Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Where did Soulshine drop again ? It's one of the overland zones, but I forgot which one.

Reaper’s March: Skooma Smuggler, Senche’s Bite, Soulshine
  • DRXHarbinger
    DRXHarbinger
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

I would run:

B)

Only drops jewlery in healthy.
    PC Master Race

1001CP
    8 Flawless Toons, all Classes.
    Master Angler
    Dro-M'artha Destroyer (at last)
    Tamriel Hero
    Grand Overlord
    Every Skyshard
    Down With BOP!
  • xblackroxe
    xblackroxe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    DannyLV702 wrote: »
    5 piece malubeth 2 piece kags
    Pls only 5? If you dont have a malubeth piece in every slot you aren't considered a real templar.
    Member of HODOR

Dro-m'Athra Destroyer
  • Soris
    Soris
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Soulshine have full jewelry yes?
    Welkynd [Templar/AD/EU]
  • Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

I would run:

B)

Aw crap, this is right, since it is a heavy armor set, the jewelry is only healthy. That really is crappy.
  • SkylarkX
    SkylarkX
    ✭✭✭✭
    Soris wrote: »
    Soulshine have full jewelry yes?

As of this patch they all do

Gold+shirt.jpg
    Nocturnal - Oceanic PvX Guild
    Skylärk / Dunmer DK
    Skylårk / Bosmer NB
    Skylörd / Khajiit Sorcerer
    Elizabeth Skylark / Breton Templar
    PC/NA/AD
  • Soris
    Soris
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rofl pic of my day. Im in library and sounded so weird trying not to laught out loud
    Welkynd [Templar/AD/EU]
  • Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I would run:

B)

And that's OK, as a Templar having some health isn't the end of the world :p.

Minno - DC - Forum-plar Extraordinaire
    - Guild-lead for MV
    - Filthy Casual
  • Ashamray
    Ashamray
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Minno wrote: »

m-m-m, dont think so. What's the point of Soulshine? More, moar spd for channels. Arcane jewelry has approximately 2800 max magicka.
    If 1045 magicka = 100 spd, then arcane trait is like ~268 spd. So 450 - 268 = 182 spd of pure additional damage AND 0 - 268 additional spd for BoL. Looks nasty.
    Boadrig, EU PC

Very Balanced
    Battleground Beta Testers
    Cite's Legacy
    Colosseum

Imperial City frequenter
    Imperial City feedback and suggestions
  • Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ashamray wrote: »
    Minno wrote: »

m-m-m, dont think so. What's the point of Soulshine? More, moar spd for channels. Arcane jewelry has approximately 2800 max magicka.
    If 1045 magicka = 100 spd, then arcane trait is like ~268 spd. So 450 - 268 = 182 spd of pure additional damage AND 0 - 268 additional spd for BoL. Looks nasty.

If you're looking for pure dps, correct. But Templars do have that class shield that scales off health. And with certain setups, you can have a decent BoL without having to stack Magicka/sp (especially when you use it for its intended purpose to bring low health players out of execute range.)

Would I use Soulshine in pve? Maybe. Would I use it in group pvp? Yes. Would I use it as solo? Maybe. Based on your math example, you use more DPS instant cast abilities therefore Soulshine is instantly not worth the investment. I wouldn't knock it down so quickly.
    Minno - DC - Forum-plar Extraordinaire
    - Guild-lead for MV
    - Filthy Casual
  • Papa_Hunt
    Papa_Hunt
    ✭✭✭
    Is Soulshine BoE or BoP? Can it be bought and sold from Guild Vendors?
  • Roechacca
    Roechacca
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Reactive, Malubeth and Fas. Have a smoke and shot of bourbon while you spread cancer and collect hate tells.
  • Papa_Hunt
    Papa_Hunt
    ✭✭✭
    Is Soulshine BoE?
  • Xvorg
    Xvorg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Papa_Hunt wrote: »
    Is Soulshine BoE?

All dropped sets on wilderness are BoE
    Sarcasm is something too serious to be taken lightly

I was born with the wrong sign
    In the wrong house
    With the wrong ascendancy
    I took the wrong road
    That led to the wrong tendencies
    I was in the wrong place at the wrong time
    For the wrong reason and the wrong rhyme
    On the wrong day of the wrong week
    Used the wrong method with the wrong technique
  • Neoauspex
    Neoauspex
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What about soulshine armor, does that only drop in heavy too?
  • NBrookus
    NBrookus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Neoauspex wrote: »
    What about soulshine armor, does that only drop in heavy too?

Only heavy. But has jewelry and weapons.