The maintenance is complete and the PTS is now back online. The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test!
The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

So Skeleton 2PC undaunted set going live?

• RinaldoGandolphi
    RinaldoGandolphi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Lexxypwns wrote: »
    It also mitigates damage to damage shields

Shhhhhhhhh. .. that was reported to devs .. now every sorc gunna use it lol

Hey now!

I was planning on trolling folks on my Sorc with this....ahh yes the Triple Stack Hardened Ward + Harness Magicka + Healing Ward while they hit me with Dawnbreaker and i laugh at it lol...such a troll....i got my eyes on other sets now, but i gotta admit...it would be quite the funny sight for sure!
    Rinaldo Gandolphi-Breton Sorcerer Daggerfall Covenant
    Juste Gandolphi Dark Elf Templar Daggerfall Covenant
    Richter Gandolphi - Dark Elf Dragonknight Daggerfall Covenant
    Mathias Gandolphi - Breton Nightblade Daggerfall Covenant
    RinaldoGandolphi - High Elf Sorcerer Aldmeri Dominion
    Officer Fire and Ice
    Co-GM - MVP

Sorcerer's - The ONLY class in the game that is punished for using its class defining skill (Bolt Escape)

"Here in his shrine, that they have forgotten. Here do we toil, that we might remember. By night we reclaim, what by day was stolen. Far from ourselves, he grows ever near to us. Our eyes once were blinded, now through him do we see. Our hands once were idle, now through them does he speak. And when the world shall listen, and when the world shall see, and when the world remembers, that world will cease to be. - Miraak

• Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lexxypwns wrote: »
    It also mitigates damage to damage shields

Shhhhhhhhh. .. that was reported to devs .. now every sorc gunna use it lol

Hey now!

I was planning on trolling folks on my Sorc with this....ahh yes the Triple Stack Hardened Ward + Harness Magicka + Healing Ward while they hit me with Dawnbreaker and i laugh at it lol...such a troll....i got my eyes on other sets now, but i gotta admit...it would be quite the funny sight for sure!

Current mitigation order of importance:
    Dodge> block> dmg reduction>shield>armor.

The extra 30% will give all builds access to major protection other than Templars and nightblades and especially if you don't want to use an ultimate for 250 cost.

Con:
    - you lose out on healing. I'd imagine this is a huge trade-off for any build looking to get out of execute range. Definite con for Magicka builds unless you can offset it.
    - 6% proc rate on dmg. You may get it or you may not.

With a 18k attack, 13% cp mitigation and this 30% you are looking at an attack in pvp worth:

This is before shields, before armor and before block.

Overall it feels OP but I haven't compared this to other sets yet.
    Minno - DC - Forum-plar Extraordinaire
    - Guild-lead for MV
    - Filthy Casual
  • Silver_Strider
    Silver_Strider
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    So people become somewhat more tanky, it's not like it makes them unkillable nor does it increase their damage so I'm not noticing much of a problem. Shields still only last 6 seconds so even if this set helps the shield last longer from attacks, it doesn't increase their duration any so again, not a problem.

If anything, it sounds more like someone is complaining because they'll no longer be able to cheese their victories with Viper+Velideth procs.

No one in this thread who is saying this set needs adjusting uses viper or velidrath lol. It does make players unkillable though. Reactive Templars can now use this plus the sweeps ultimate for around 75% dmg mitigation, or the other set that reduces dmg while in a channel for over 50% dmg mitigation while this set is active.

It's way too strong to not be a minor or major buff.

I'm sorry but when did you become omnipotent and could speak for everyone?

Pirate set is only as bad as you make it sound in a handful of situations. Reactive only applies when you CC someone, so easy to work around, and that only applies when Pirate is proc'd, which won't be 100% of the time. It'll be annoying sure but I feel you are blowing this way out of proportions. PvP is cancer right now regardless if this set gets involved or not. Infinite sustain Black Rose and Eternal Hunt roll monkeys are just as annoying as Reactive Templars so if they get another trolly tool, it's not the end of the world.

Also, the set DOES provide a buff in Major Protection.
    Edited by Silver_Strider on October 3, 2016 5:38PM
    Argonian forever
  • Qyrk
    Qyrk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Minno wrote: »

Con:
    - you lose out on healing. I'd imagine this is a huge trade-off for any build looking to get out of execute range. Definite con for Magicka builds unless you can offset it.

You can put a few more points into Healing received in CP tree to counter this :)
    Edited by Qyrk on October 3, 2016 9:51PM
  • Alucardo
    Alucardo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Qyrk wrote: »

Con:

You can put a few more points into Healing received in CP tree to counter this :)

I usually have 20/20 between Blessed and quick recovery (depending on class/build), so with the 30% mitigation I'm laughing all the way to the bank.
    Unless I get fasalla'd
  • cschwingeb14_ESO
    cschwingeb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    With the stipulation of needing to get hit, the pirate set is not going to be very useful to shield-spammers. I tested blood spawn with my sorc, and it would not proc while a damage shield was up. Pirate is worded the same way.

Now... Pirate plus health regen is going to be insane.

And I'm sure ZOS will wake up and change Reactive to give Major Protection instead of a stacking damage reduction... Someday...
  • Xsorus
    Xsorus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    With the stipulation of needing to get hit, the pirate set is not going to be very useful to shield-spammers. I tested blood spawn with my sorc, and it would not proc while a damage shield was up. Pirate is worded the same way.

Now... Pirate plus health regen is going to be insane.

And I'm sure ZOS will wake up and change Reactive to give Major Protection instead of a stacking damage reduction... Someday...

Pirate plus health regen would be insane if there was a really good way of not gimping your damage to get Health Regen. Troll Kings makes it possible to actually run a Health Regen build and retain respectable damage.....But without Troll Kings you have to eat into your jewelry enchants to get it up there. You could run the new Health Regen armor available in One Tamriel but just not sure how useful it'd be.
  • Rilmarshim
    Rilmarshim
    ✭✭✭
    It's not like we allready have a shitloads of unkillable tanks who now get HP stacking set. But damn... 15% healing reduction for 30% damage mitigation it's totaly ridiculous! Haven't you seen how many healing incoming bonses have tank DK's in heavy armor? 15% redustion is nothing. Even 30% reduction from Major Defile were never issue for them.
  • DRXHarbinger
    DRXHarbinger
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Alucardo wrote: »
    Dymence wrote: »
    A sorc under their suppression field will get 60% mitigation from this bad boy (30% from negate). God forbid they are running reactive (35%), are a vamp (33% at lower health) and running circle of protection (8%).
    You could mitigate so much damage you'd start recovering health instead. Could be fun.

Negate doesn't mitigate anymore afaik ever since they made it deal dmg and gave a healing morph.

Ah right, ta for the info. The only other place to get major protection is Bolstering darkness (Nightblades), as far as I'm aware. So NB tanks could make good use of this set.

Nope. Bolstering gives you 60% reduction. But it's major and another 30% on top so won't stack
    PC Master Race

1001CP
    8 Flawless Toons, all Classes.
    Master Angler
    Dro-M'artha Destroyer (at last)
    Tamriel Hero
    Grand Overlord
    Every Skyshard
    Down With BOP!
  • Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Qyrk wrote: »

Con:

I usually have 20/20 between Blessed and quick recovery (depending on class/build), so with the 30% mitigation I'm laughing all the way to the bank.
    Unless I get fasalla'd

Which is why I think this set should get 30% reduced healing.
    - Guild-lead for MV
    - Filthy Casual
  • Joy_Division
    Joy_Division
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The only downside I can see from this set is losing my costume / armor dye.

2 piece is too strong not to try.
  • timidobserver
    timidobserver
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I hope they are prepared to do a mid quarter balance patch. Some of the stuff they are adding will need to be balanced before the next major update.
    V16 Uriel Stormblessed EP Magicka Templar(main)
    V16 Derelict Vagabond EP Stamina DK
    V16 Redacted Ep Stam Sorc
    V16 Insolent EP Magicka Sorc(retired)
    V16 Jed I Nyte EP Stamina NB(retired)

• Alucardo
    Alucardo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Do you know what the duration is?

Edit: lol nvm, it's in the OP
    Edited by Alucardo on October 4, 2016 1:57PM
  • Joy_Division
    Joy_Division
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Yep.

There is one thing I'm not 100% clear about regarding ESO's cooldowns though. Does the timer start when the set procs or when the proc effect is over?
  • Alucardo
    Alucardo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Yep.

There is one thing I'm not 100% clear about regarding ESO's cooldowns though. Does the timer start when the set procs or when the proc effect is over?

That's the weird thing. Sometimes things can refresh themselves (like I believe they've made powerful assault do now), and sometimes they proc when the effect is over. Hopefully this one will be the latter...
  • Cinbri
    Cinbri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Yep.

That's the weird thing. Sometimes things can refresh themselves (like I believe they've made powerful assault do now), and sometimes they proc when the effect is over. Hopefully this one will be the latter...
    Na, cooldown start at beginnig of proc. with 12 sec duration and 15 sec cd - real cooldown is 3 sec.
  • Birdovic
    Birdovic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I hope they are prepared to do a mid quarter balance patch. Some of the stuff they are adding will need to be balanced before the next major update.

@timidobserver

Well, there will be a "balancing patch" or something.
    ESO is the only game so far, that hypes me more for a Balance Patch/Update than an actual DLC lol.

And I wish its going to fix problems, I havent played for months now, simply didnt enjoy it anymore. But I want to play again :no_mouth:
  • timidobserver
    timidobserver
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Birdovic wrote: »

@timidobserver

Well, there will be a "balancing patch" or something.
    ESO is the only game so far, that hypes me more for a Balance Patch/Update than an actual DLC lol.

And I wish its going to fix problems, I havent played for months now, simply didnt enjoy it anymore. But I want to play again :no_mouth:

Currently they don't do incremental balance patches anymore. Most balancing is done only in major patches
    I am saying that they need to make an exception to that policy this time.
    V16 Uriel Stormblessed EP Magicka Templar(main)
    V16 Derelict Vagabond EP Stamina DK
    V16 Redacted Ep Stam Sorc
    V16 Insolent EP Magicka Sorc(retired)
    V16 Jed I Nyte EP Stamina NB(retired)

• asneakybanana
    asneakybanana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    DKsUnite wrote: »
    So people become somewhat more tanky, it's not like it makes them unkillable nor does it increase their damage so I'm not noticing much of a problem. Shields still only last 6 seconds so even if this set helps the shield last longer from attacks, it doesn't increase their duration any so again, not a problem.

If anything, it sounds more like someone is complaining because they'll no longer be able to cheese their victories with Viper+Velideth procs.

No one in this thread who is saying this set needs adjusting uses viper or velidrath lol. It does make players unkillable though. Reactive Templars can now use this plus the sweeps ultimate for around 75% dmg mitigation, or the other set that reduces dmg while in a channel for over 50% dmg mitigation while this set is active.

Unless I've missed a change since it came onto PTS, this set gives Major Protection and Minor Defile.

So it doesn't stack with most other damage mitigation abilities. Quit your complaining mate.

this is true however, major protection is only avaliable from veil of blades or nova neither of which was mentioned in the above calcs

nova gives major maim. The only source of major protect in the game currently is veil...
    Asneakybanana AD DK Former emperor of Chrysamere and Chillrend. World first hardmode Hel'ra and Quake con winner (Alliance rank 25)
    Asneakyhabenero EP DK Former emperor of Thornblade, Haderus. World first vMA Dk clear (Alliance rank 39)
    Asneakycucumber EP Sorc Former empress of Blackwater Bay and Trueflame (Alliance rank 32)
    Asneakypineapple EP Temp Former empress of Azuras Star and Haderus (Alliance rank 22)
    Asneakypickle EP NB Former empress of Trueflame (Alliance rank 47)
    Sweat Squad
    Crowned 27x on 12 different campaign cycles | 200M+ AP earned
    Fastest AA clear ever: 5:42 | Fastest HRC clear ever: 5:27 | NA first HM MoL
    609k Mag Sorc vMA
    NA first Tick Tock Tormentor
    NA first trinity (All No Death/HM/Speed run trials titles)
    2x Tick Tock Tormentor
  • Destruent
    Destruent
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Unless I've missed a change since it came onto PTS, this set gives Major Protection and Minor Defile.

So it doesn't stack with most other damage mitigation abilities. Quit your complaining mate.

this is true however, major protection is only avaliable from veil of blades or nova neither of which was mentioned in the above calcs

nova gives major maim. The only source of major protect in the game currently is veil...

Is it really major maim? It isn't stated as a major buff. It only says: "Decreases damage done by enemys inside the nova by 30%." If it is Major maim it should be like: "Inflicts enemys inside the nova with major maim, reducing their damage done by 30%."
    But i don't think we can test it, bc there is nothing which provides major maim, isn't it?
    Noobplar
  • Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Destruent wrote: »

Is it really major maim? It isn't stated as a major buff. It only says: "Decreases damage done by enemys inside the nova by 30%." If it is Major maim it should be like: "Inflicts enemys inside the nova with major maim, reducing their damage done by 30%."
    But i don't think we can test it, bc there is nothing which provides major maim, isn't it?

It says:
    "Call down a fragment of the sun to the target area, dealing [x] Magic Damage each second to enemies and reducing their damage done by 30%, and reducing their Movment Speed by 62%."
    - Guild-lead for MV
    - Filthy Casual
  • Destruent
    Destruent
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

It says:
    "Call down a fragment of the sun to the target area, dealing [x] Magic Damage each second to enemies and reducing their damage done by 30%, and reducing their Movment Speed by 62%."

ye....but it doesn't say anything about major maim...
    Noobplar
  • Alucardo
    Alucardo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

It says:

It says reducing their damage done, not the damage you take. So it would be maim, not protection.
  • ManDraKE
    ManDraKE
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    the minor defile of this set can be purged, while keeping the dmg reduction buff? If that is the case, is a must-have set for templars
    Edited by ManDraKE on October 4, 2016 8:09PM
  • Destruent
    Destruent
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    ManDraKE wrote: »
    the minor defile of this set can be purged, while keeping the dmg reduction buff? If that is the case, is a must-have set for templars

no, it can't.

It says:

It says reducing their damage done, not the damage you take. So it would be maim, not protection.

Major and minor buffs are usually specifically called as major xxx in the description. But this description doesn't say anything like this.
    Noobplar
  • Alucardo
    Alucardo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

no, it can't.

It says:

Major and minor buffs are usually specifically called as major xxx in the description. But this description doesn't say anything like this.

I know, which is why I didn't explicitly say "major maim". I just mean it works in the same way maim would
  • Infrapuna
    Infrapuna
    ✭✭✭
    Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.... Cancer sets.....

This calls for a certified InfraCancer Build™...

So many possibilities.... Reactive, Blackrose and Skeleton Monster set on a Stam DK seems like a nice start. :3
    "Sometimes I wish I was a goat" - @PureEnvelope35

Master Troll and 24 man solo zerg, as claimed by DC zone chat.
    (Retired) Tryhard Small Scaler

160 Magicka Sorcerrer Infrapuna EP
    160 Stamina Dragonknight The Very Great Infra DC
    160 Magicka Necromancer Infrapuna the Second DC

Proper pleb.

Infrapuna
  • Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

no, it can't.

It says:

Yea but it's still the same effect. It only effects enemies in the area of effect.

It's percentage also applies on dmg dealt in the armor mitigation equation. Whereas major protection is multiplicative with other dmg mitigation sources.
    - Guild-lead for MV
    - Filthy Casual
  • Destruent
    Destruent
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

no, it can't.

It says:

Yea but it's still the same effect. It only effects enemies in the area of effect.

It's percentage also applies on dmg dealt in the armor mitigation equation. Whereas major protection is multiplicative with other dmg mitigation sources.

I know, that it works that way. But i doubt it is major maim, bc it is not stated in the tooltip like it is everywhere else for those buffs/debuffs.
    Noobplar
  • Lord_Eomer
    Lord_Eomer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I do not see any problem, OP need to relax down and grind one for himself..