The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Official Feedback Thread for One Tamriel Overland

• silvereyes
    silvereyes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    There are three effects One Tamriel will have on CP grinding:
    • Old Orsinium XP has been nerfed
    • All zones are available for grinding.
    • All zones will be populated. There will be no ghost towns.

On one hand, some of the more popular grind spots for leveling lowie toons will probably be more crowded. On the other hand, it should be easier to find a grind partner. And if one zone is too crowded, there will be more choices for alternate grind locations.
  • STEVIL
    STEVIL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    silvereyes wrote: »

On one hand, some of the more popular grind spots for leveling lowie toons will probably be more crowded. On the other hand, it should be easier to find a grind partner. And if one zone is too crowded, there will be more choices for alternate grind locations.

Yep
    Proudly skooma free while talks-when-drunk is in mandatory public housing.
    YFMV Your Fun May Vary.

First Law of Nerf-o-Dynamics
    "The good way I used to get good kills *with good skill* was good but the way others kill me now is bad."

• Dubhliam
    Dubhliam
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    silvereyes wrote: »

The zones that are already popular grind spots won't get any additional player load.
    Because (even before OT) the game splits an overpopulated zone into more instances and distributes the number of players between them.
    >>>Detailed Justice System Concept thread<<<
  • silvereyes
    silvereyes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Dubhliam wrote: »
    The zones that are already popular grind spots won't get any additional player load.
    Because (even before OT) the game splits an overpopulated zone into more instances and distributes the number of players between them.
    It's true that overpopulated *zones* are sharded off into new instances.

However, just because a grind spot is crowded doesn't mean the zone is overpopulated. Most grind spots can only handle 1-2 really efficient grind groups before there just aren't enough mobs to go around. 3-6 people can saturate some grind spots, while a zone can handle hundreds of players before it creates a new instance.
  • SpAEkus
    SpAEkus
    ✭✭✭✭
    It appears even with all NPC/Mobs battle leveled, XP is still tied to character level.

I have been trying to see if the CP160 leveled kills would give more XP, like taking on higher leveled NPC/Mobs but it looks like it is locked to character level, you just will always get 100% XP.

Ran three diff PTS character levels thru Kenarthis Roost starter zone: ESO+ Subscribed

L50 CP300 - Skeever 88 XP - Alit 1836 XP - Thunderbug 1836 XP

L30 CP300 - Skeever 77 XP - Alit 169 XP - T-Bug 169 XP - Humanoid 169 XP

L4.. CP300 - Skeever 2 XP - Alit 45 XP - T-Bug 45 XP

On Live using a L40 vs L40 target - SabreCat 276 XP - Wrothgar Humanoid CP160 355 XP

And Just to be sure I ran that PTS L30 to an old L37-43 Zone as well as Wrothgar - all normal NPC Mobs are the same 169 XP. So it looks like XP is locked to Character level.

And I also have checked Live vs PTS Quest Turn-in XP and the are the same as well.

I'll still be able to CP grind with all my new L50s but it isn't going to go any faster using the same targets as before.
    Edited by SpAEkus on October 4, 2016 9:11PM
  • Dubhliam
    Dubhliam
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SpAEkus wrote: »
    It appears even with all NPC/Mobs battle leveled, XP is still tied to character level.

I have been trying to see if the CP160 leveled kills would give more XP, like taking on higher leveled NPC/Mobs but it looks like it is locked to character level, you just will always get 100% XP.

Ran three diff PTS character levels thru Kenarthis Roost starter zone: ESO+ Subscribed

L50 CP300 - Skeever 88 XP - Alit 1836 XP - Thunderbug 1836 XP

L30 CP300 - Skeever 77 XP - Alit 169 XP - T-Bug 169 XP - Humanoid 169 XP

L4.. CP300 - Skeever 2 XP - Alit 45 XP - T-Bug 45 XP

On Live using a L40 vs L40 target - SabreCat 276 XP - Wrothgar Humanoid CP160 355 XP

And Just to be sure I ran that PTS L30 to an old L37-43 Zone as well as Wrothgar - all normal NPC Mobs are the same 169 XP. So it looks like XP is locked to Character level.

And I also have checked Live vs PTS Quest Turn-in XP and the are the same as well.

I'll still be able to CP grind with all my new L50s but it isn't going to go any faster using the same targets as before.

Exactly.
    And nor should you be able to level faster, since the mobs aren't any more difficult. Even if they ARE namely "max level".

The only difference in One Tamriel is: You will now always get appropriate exp in all zones, because you can no longer "outlevel" mobs, making them grant lower exp, and stop giving drops.
    >>>Detailed Justice System Concept thread<<<