Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Do you buy a crown store item purely because its 'limited edition'

• Prof_Bawbag
    Prof_Bawbag
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Next to no one is going to admit to being a sucker, so the 'no' outcome isn't surprising and probably not a true representation of the amount of suckers out there. Add to that, it's just a very small percentage of ESO gamers who use the forums. It's one of the most potent marketing ploys corps etc have at their disposal, so that should tell you more than any poll on here would.

It's a bit similar to those sales most retailers have. 1/2 price. 1/2 of what? 1/2 the price it was when they had it artificially inflated for the 28 days they are bound by law before being allowed state consumers are getting a bargain. A lot of people are easily parted with their cash and they know it, especially if the word 'limited' or the item has a red card next to it.
    Edited by Prof_Bawbag on September 29, 2016 1:33PM
  • Recremen
    Recremen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No - if i didnt want it, making it limited edition does not change my mind
    Heck no, I buy things that are beautiful or exquisitely made and which fit at least one of my characters. Buying things just because they're getting taken down later is repulsive to me. That said, I have a lot of discontinued items in my collection UI because I really liked them.
    Men'Do PC NA AD Khajiit
    Grand High Illustrious Mid-Tier PvP/PvE Bussmunster
  • MissBizz
    MissBizz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Next to no one is going to admit to being a sucker, so the 'no' outcome isn't surprising and probably not a true representation of the amount of suckers out there. Add to that, it's just a very small percentage of ESO gamers who use the forums. It's one of the most potent marketing ploys corps etc have at their disposal, so that should tell you more than any poll on here would.

It's a bit similar to those sales most retailers have. 1/2 price. 1/2 of what? 1/2 the price it was when they had it artificially inflated for the 28 days they are bound by law before being allowed state consumers are getting a bargain. A lot of people are easily parted with their cash and they know it, especially if the word 'limited' or the item has a red card next to it.

Hah, good call @Prof_Bawbag . I am a sucker, but I just felt the poll was pretty strict. Am I more likely to purchase something in a more timely fashion if it's limited? Yup! I like things that come in the crown stown, but sometimes I'm not quite sure and I wait it out, and buy it later down the road, sometimes just before it gets taken off. Something being limited kind of takes away that luxury where I need to make my decision quickly, so if I like it - yes I'm definitely more swayed to purchase it. I don't buy something based solely on the fact it's a limited edition though. I don't buy something I don't like.. just because it's limited.
    Lone Wolf HelpFor the solo players who know, sometimes you just need a hand.PC | NA | AD-DC-EP | Discord
  • CJohnson81
    CJohnson81
    ✭✭✭✭
    If I like it and it's limited, then I buy.
    Huor Melwasul - Archdemon, The Demons of Light - Warlock, Hufflepuff House - ADXB1 - NA
    I'm only updating this because we're commenting on a thread about signatures. Give me awesomes!
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The only thing a Limited Time offer would do is make me buy something I want sooner rather than later. However, it will not get me to buy something I am on the Fence on.

In fact, it kind of works against increasing sales as I consider things like Pets or Mounts or Costumes for a while before I buy one, and that amount of time is usually more than 4 days. Basically, if I think something is neat, I wait a week or two and look at it again, and if I still think it's neat, I will buy it.
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• Prof_Bawbag
    Prof_Bawbag
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Having been away from the game for the best part of 6 months, the only thing I see in the game that would have swayed me was that black Senche panther with the blue aura stripes and trails. That does look cool and I hope it does come back at some point.

No idea why they make the really cool looking mounts limited. Those would sell like hot cakes regardless. A bit similar to the flame mount. Tons of people have it because it actually looks like some effort has went into it other than it being a mere reskin. Something I wouldn't buy is another wolf mount, no matter what they did with it. I just generally dislike the way the head turns to the side when you're, well, turning. Looks awful and it's the only mount I can say I've regretted buying.
  • TheSpin
    TheSpin
    ✭✭✭
    Yes - if its limited edition i am more likely to buy it
    I find the poll somewhat poorly worded. If there is something I really like, I will buy it immediately especially if it's limited edition. If it's something I kind of like but don't love I probably won't buy it limited edition (like I did not buy the most recent mount even though I liked a lot of things about it because it was weird to have a 2 legged animal). If there's something I like that is not limited, I might put off buying it until I get the urge.
  • Xelrick
    Xelrick
    ✭✭✭
    For me it depends if it interest me of not and not crazy priced.

But sometimes my fingers decide to press 'x' instead of '□' to preview it.
    Xelrick: "Do not mix chaos with madness. It will only lead to unexplored adventures."
  • DragonSamurai360
    DragonSamurai360
    ✭✭✭
    Yes - if its limited edition i am more likely to buy it
    TheSpin wrote: »
    I find the poll somewhat poorly worded. If there is something I really like, I will buy it immediately especially if it's limited edition. If it's something I kind of like but don't love I probably won't buy it limited edition (like I did not buy the most recent mount even though I liked a lot of things about it because it was weird to have a 2 legged animal). If there's something I like that is not limited, I might put off buying it until I get the urge.

I bought it too, as I thought it would look great with an Argonian character. It's head kind of has features related to Dragons at the same time it looks like really upset Guar.
  • Vaoh
    Vaoh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Limited Time and ugly = Not Limited Time and Ugly

Just because you decided to put a short amount of time to buy it, doesn't mean I'm pressured to throw away $40 on a mount.

In fact I would've bought that Ice Horse mount if it wasn't limited time XD
    Edited by Vaoh on October 2, 2016 6:21PM