Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

PvPers I need advice

ducket1
ducket1
✭✭
So I have only ever really dabbled in Pvp a little bit on this game but I'm looking to swap one of my characters to a pvp set up. (I'm not really sure what race to use atm)

I'm guessing the sets used for pvp change a little bit, I'm thinking of going with a stamina set up as all but 2 of my Pve characters are magika based.

I was wondering what would be best/most manageable set up to use. Im maxed in crafting so can craft any set needed unless some gear that I should be using drops in trials.

Anyway any help would be appreciated
High Elf Dragonknight (Magicka) Stormproof
High Elf Templar (Magicka) Stormproof
Khajiit Nightblade (Stamina)
Breton Sorcerer Lvl (Magicka) Stormproof
Breton Nightblade (Magicka) Stormproof
RedGaurd DragonKnight (Stamina) Stormproof
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    folks will need to know your race and class to help with "optimum" builds...

the truth is - most of the input here will be in regards to high end game play (meta builds), just to start out and have some fun - they're not really necessary...

you can come in your pve set...the most important aspect is learning the flow and patterns of pvp play, not the gear (although don't forget to eat or drink when you get there)...

best way to do that is find a fairly densely populated campaign that is relatively even among the three alliances...

go to where the keeps are closest to the battles (they're those cross icons on your cyrodiil map)...once you port in - go outside and try to find a group (at least 4 or 5 players - the more the better) and shadow them for awhile...

if you can, research some of the threads- there are some basic do's and don'ts...the most important thing though is getting started and trying to have fun...don't worry about dying - it happens to us all...

until you get comfortable - it may be best to focus on using your ranged weapons...

oh yeah, in regards to forum stuff - make sure to select "no" for questioned answered until you get all the info you need...this will help folks to notice that your question still needs to be answered...
    Edited by geonsocal on September 29, 2016 10:32PM
    PVP Campaigns Section: Playstation NA and EU (Gray Host) - This Must be the Place
  • Rohamad_Ali
    Rohamad_Ali
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Need to know what class at least .
  • yodased
    yodased
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bosmer nightblade, stam focused with widowmaker, viper and veledrith.

Breton templar, magicka focused with blackrose and malubeth
    Tl;dr really weigh the fun you have in game vs the business practices you are supporting.
  • Jaronking
    Jaronking
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    yodased wrote: »
    Bosmer nightblade, stam focused with widowmaker, viper and veledrith.

Breton templar, magicka focused with blackrose and malubeth
    Don't you mean reactive instead of black rose.
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ducket1 ...most of the gear folks will recommend will require you to either have a bunch of Alliance Points (earned when pvping) and bought from "elite cyrodiil gear vendors" located in a few other the Cyrodiil towns - you can also find pvp gear at guild stores (unless you know exactly what you're looking for or have coin to melt - better to save your coins); or, tel var stones (earned while playing in the Imperial City dlc and sold at tel var vendors in your alliance home base in IC)...

if your a crafter, folks will recommend using impenetrable and divines traits - reinforced and infused work okay too though...

they'll also recommend going with the thief and shadow mundus stones, I use the warrior, apprentice and steed and they seem to work okay...

hunding's rage, julianos, seducers, night mother's gaze, clever alchemist, TBS, eternal hunt are real popular craftable sets...

again though - your gear will be the least of your concerns...most important is where to stand (literally) and how to fight in and with groups...
    Edited by geonsocal on September 30, 2016 12:14AM
    PVP Campaigns Section: Playstation NA and EU (Gray Host) - This Must be the Place
  • KingYogi415
    KingYogi415
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Just follow a zerg and heal them.

Best way to start!
    Edited by KingYogi415 on October 1, 2016 4:01AM
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    one last bit of pvp advice - unless you're riding your horse somewhere or inside your own keep, stay in stealth - all the time...funny thing is - sometimes even being in your own keep may not be safe...
    Edited by geonsocal on September 30, 2016 12:52AM
  • ducket1
    ducket1
    ✭✭
    Need to know what class at least .

Khajit NB probs as I don't use this character for anything at the moment
    High Elf Dragonknight (Magicka) Stormproof
    High Elf Templar (Magicka) Stormproof
    Khajiit Nightblade (Stamina)
    Breton Sorcerer Lvl (Magicka) Stormproof
    Breton Nightblade (Magicka) Stormproof
    RedGaurd DragonKnight (Stamina) Stormproof
  • GreenSoup2HoT
    GreenSoup2HoT
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Throw on some Marksmen and Snipe away!
    PS4 NA DC
  • ZOS_JohanaB
    ZOS_JohanaB
    ✭✭✭✭
    We moved this discussion to PvP Combat & Skills
    Staff Post
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    geonsocal wrote: »
    one last bit of pvp advice - unless you're riding your horse somewhere or inside your own keep, stay in stealth - all the time...funny thing is - sometimes even being in your own keep may not be safe...

Iuse to do that, but OMG it takes forever to get anywhere. i suggest doing this when a location is within eye shot (like a keep or cropsford etc...)
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • Berenhir
    Berenhir
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    geonsocal wrote: »

Iuse to do that, but OMG it takes forever to get anywhere. i suggest doing this when a location is within eye shot (like a keep or cropsford etc...)

Vamp.

Though if a location is not within eye shot, you will probably ride anyway. Should better have been "When not riding or fighting, stay in stealth or be prepared to be bursted down any time."

Don't shift-ride all the time. If your horse goes out of stam, you are basically dead the moment you are attacked. You can't break free the animation that plays when you fall off your horse and it's long enough to get killed. Actually if you are ganked from melee distance, you will be dead before even touching the ground.
    PC EU - Ebonheart Pact - Gray Host - Death Recap -#zergfarming -
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Berenhir wrote: »
    "When not riding or fighting, stay in stealth or be prepared to be bursted down any time."

Wow, when you just read that at face value - it sounds awfully paranoid...no wonder so many pve people want nothing to do with cyro...

took me months to get my buddy to understand that very simple rule though...we used to ride around doing a lot of the dolmens...we died a bunch of times waiting for them to respawn cuz he wouldn't crouch...neither of us are max cp players...

he still stands sometimes in IC - totally freaks me out...
    Edited by geonsocal on October 1, 2016 1:42AM
  • Divil_sp33d
    Divil_sp33d
    ✭✭
    Mounted combat would be fun, with a skill line that makes it harder to be knocked off your mount, able to shoot arrows from being in mounted.
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I actually never sneak any more, I try to encourage opponents to let their presence be known >:)

I won't stay on horseback when nearing locations though
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • cjhhickman39
    cjhhickman39
    ✭✭✭✭
    One thing to do for staying on your mount max out its stamina. I have not been knocked of yet and I take a lot of hits because I ride trail when following a group