The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

In game crowns

rebornhunter25
There should be a way to get in game crowns once in a while.. when you get to Vet level they should give you 100 crowns... then for each achievement you unlock you earn like 5-10 crowns based on achievements acquired . They could make special dungeons that are super mind shattering hard... for 500 crowns ... and as you progress through the dungeon it unlocks 5 crowns here or 20 crowns for a mini boss ...

I just think there should be more ways to get crowns other than paying those prices in store as often or waiting forever to get your monthly allowance with the ESO membership .. what do you guys think ?:D
Its just a game, not real life... don't take it seriously
  • Balibe
    Balibe
    ✭✭✭✭
    No ......

The things you do in game should not be based on crowns, I see nothing but farmers .....

It is bad enough there is a crown store to get certain items you cannot get ingame, it should not be attached to game play .....

• Prof_Bawbag
    Prof_Bawbag
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    The only thing I'd like to see regarding the amount of crowns being given is the amount you get when purchasing the game. 500cr is useless and is nothing more than bait to buy even more. Even buying the least amount of crowns is gonna leave you with unspent crowns if you don't wish to purchase further items from the store. They should either have a 500cr mount or give out 900cr so you can buy a mount.

MS used to do that with their old MS points system and they were rightfully slated for it and then rightfully removed the rip off. Good if you continuously purchased dlc etc, a blatant attempt to get money for nothing from those one off buyers. A lot of people were left with unspent odd amounts and MS probably made millions from the scheme. I find it hard to believe ZoS don't make lots from employing the same tactics.
    Edited by Prof_Bawbag on September 27, 2016 12:47PM
  • Danikat
    Danikat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have no problem buying crowns when I want something from the store, but it would be nice to have a way to earn them in-game too.
    Balibe wrote: »
    No ......

The things you do in game should not be based on crowns, I see nothing but farmers .....

It is bad enough there is a crown store to get certain items you cannot get ingame, it should not be attached to game play .....

So do you dislike the dye unlock system then, since that's also based on completing achievements?

If they gave out crowns for achievements and made it like the dyes where you can only get them once per account that would limit farming. And it would actually help with the issue of items not being available in-game. It'd be like the achievements which award skins and mementos, except you could choose your own reward instead of having a specific one based on the achievement.
    PC EU player | She/her/hers | PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

"Remember in this game we call life that no one said it's fair"
  • rebornhunter25
    I personally like the dyes , but perhaps adding in a new item into the system besides just earning dyes or so would make the game player more hyped on playing to get to that achievement
  • justinbarrett
    justinbarrett
    ✭✭✭
    tbh I do not see a need for crowns anyway...why not just call it dollars/euros/pounds, after all that is what they are. Ridiculous concept that we buy into. I am a plus member(yay?) and I am a plus member for as long as they release a new dlc that I do not have enough dollars(crowns) for...once they miss a mark, I will have all the dlc content purchased and will cancel my sub, I will still be playing though :) becasue, for me, it is the best mmo on the market.
    Edited by justinbarrett on September 28, 2016 6:52AM
  • rebornhunter25
    My nephew does that just says oh 700 crowns is 7 dollars kinda thing .. don't know why they just dident leave a cash balance and not have crowns
  • notimetocare
    notimetocare
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My nephew does that just says oh 700 crowns is 7 dollars kinda thing .. don't know why they just dident leave a cash balance and not have crowns

The answer to eberything is marketing. In small part, it allows them to also sell items for a fixed price, while giving bulk buyers more for their money
  • Thaumic
    Thaumic
    ✭✭✭
    I like the idea of giving crown rewards for some achievements, like the dyes / titles (once per account rather than character, obviously). Possibly also as payment for completing certain quests (again only paid once per account).
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff)