Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Nerieneth or Valkyn Skoria for pvp?

Ankael07
Ankael07
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
I do pretty much every aspect of pvp from Imperial City to solo, small and big scale battles in Cyrodiil. Considering the buff that Valkyn will receive with update 12 which one of the sets would excel in what part of pvp?
Edited by Ankael07 on September 29, 2016 7:47AM
If you want me to reply to your comment type @Ankael07 in it.

Best Answer

• Curragraigue
    Curragraigue
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    code65536 wrote: »
    Neri's 3s delay meant it was never very useful against humans in the first place.

This^

Only run Skoria if you are running a few DoTs.
    PUG Life - the true test of your skill

18 characters, 17 max level, at least 1 Stam and 1 Mag of every class, 1 of every race and 1200+ CP

Tanked to Undaunted 9+ Mag and Stam of every class using Group Finder for 90+% of the Vet Dungeon runs
  • Bakven
    Bakven
    ✭✭✭
    If you're good with resources I say run kena for extra damage. Neiren'eth is almost useless in pvp because of the delay. Skoria is better but since the proc chance is low you need a bunch of dots to make it viable and hope to never fight a Templar that can purge
    EP NA Haderus
    Iscangar- Mageblade (retired pvp; pve only now)
    Emlyn Medresi - Magicka DK

Soon to come
    Vash'rassa- Stamblade
    -Tiffany - Stam DK
    Trokaar - Mageblade (vamp/Iscangar 2.0)
  • Brrrofski
    Brrrofski
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    What class are you? Templar - skoria is good. Wouldn't bother with either on anything else to be honest.
  • NordSwordnBoard
    NordSwordnBoard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    They both work in siege situations and bridges. I'd say I got Skoria to work better with my skill set up, so I use that over Nerieneth. Skoria meteor follows targets but lich crystals stay where they proc. You can easily roll away from a lich crystal, but not the meteor. Both are less effective in the open field imo.

Fear is the Mindkiller
  • Swainburg
    Swainburg
    ✭✭
    Brrrofski wrote: »
    What class are you? Templar - skoria is good. Wouldn't bother with either on anything else to be honest.

Yeah, because its not like any other class had DoTs that can proc skoria or anything. DEFINITELY not mDks ;)
    Edited by Swainburg on September 29, 2016 5:44PM
    Live for the pact... die for the pact.

Stam DK Tank (PvE)
    Stam DK DPS (PvP & PvE)
    Stam Sorc DPS (PvP & PvE)
    Magika Sorc DPS (PvP)

PS4 NA EP
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've always just pushed skoria to the side when dealing with PvP. This thread has rekindled my interest.

About how many DoTs would be needed at a minimum?
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • Solariken
    Solariken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I've always just pushed skoria to the side when dealing with PvP. This thread has rekindled my interest.

About how many DoTs would be needed at a minimum?

I'd say no less than 3 DOTs is a safe bet, which brings you to a cumulative ~24% chance each second to proc while not on cooldown. Any less and you are probably better off using something else.
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @solariken would boundless storm be one to count?
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • Solariken
    Solariken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    @solariken would boundless storm be one to count?

@Waffennacht yep! It has a pretty short range though, so it might not actually be that practical for proc'ing Skoria depending on your play style.
  • Moglijuana
    Moglijuana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Skoria > Neiren'eth for PvP. HOWEVER In my recent small groups I've been playing with we have had a magblade running Neiren'eth (just for fun tbh). I have noticed it does one of two things. A)It forces that person to mitigate that damage somehow (stopping their dps entirely) or B ) they take that damage to the face. SO it still has its uses. The funniest combo is a crystal inside a negate with a dk spamming talons inside lolol.
    Ps4 - PSN:jdmaya
    Dårth Måul (AD- Dunmer Mag DK) Legate
    Latest Vid:https://youtu.be/WZp_IdyrL6Q
  • Papa_Hunt
    Papa_Hunt
    ✭✭✭
    Degeneration counts as a DoT?
  • Strider_Roshin
    Strider_Roshin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Skoria is good now, and next update it will be phenomenal.
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Strider_Roshin @Solariken

With the new monster sets, will skoria be competitive with them?
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • Solariken
    Solariken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Skoria is getting a nice buff in damage and cooldown - it definitely still looks solid for DOT builds, but I honestly haven't spent much time playing with the PTS monster sets. Several sound interesting though, like Ilambris.
  • Strider_Roshin
    Strider_Roshin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    @Strider_Roshin @Solariken

For magicka DoT builds, yes.
  • Papa_Hunt
    Papa_Hunt
    ✭✭✭
    Just making sure...Entropy and morphs do count as a DoT? On a templar, what other DoTs would you use (for Skoria)?
  • Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Papa_Hunt wrote: »
    Just making sure...Entropy and morphs do count as a DoT? On a templar, what other DoTs would you use (for Skoria)?

Jabs, radiant destruction, ritual of retribution, vamps bane, empowering sweeps (there a dot dmg component.)

Though I think RD might be confirmed as not procing Skoria. Need someone to confirm that.
    Minno - DC - Forum-plar Extraordinaire
    - Guild-lead for MV
    - Filthy Casual
  • WuffyCerulei
    WuffyCerulei
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Nerieneth is good for just damage, Skoria is good for if you use DOTs a lot. Mag sorcs and any NB should use Nerieneth, while templars, mag DKS, and stam sors should use Skoria.
    For the love of Kyne, buff sorc. PC NACP 2100+Star-Sïnger - Khajiit Magicka Sorc - EP Grand Overlord - Flawless Conqueror vMA/vBRP/vDSA no death/vHel Ra HM/vAA HM/vSO HM/vMoL HM/vHoF HM/vAS +2/vCR+3/vSS HMs/vKA HMs/vVH/vRG Oax HM/vDSR
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So I was thinking of dropping skoria on my mag sorc, but with only two solid dots and a so so dot I was pretty meh on using it. Started thinking about putting it on my "hybrid" and Im very happy with the results.

Got me a couple of axes, running rendering slashes (the heal morph aways confused with the other flurry morph), and flurry damage morph, hurricane, and Dawnbreaker.

Quite pleased indeed looking forward to the buff, the dunmer passive couples nicely as well.
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • SupremeTravie
    SupremeTravie
    ✭✭
    skoria because it will hit the player and others around.. the other one is an anchored aoe that is easily avoidable. PvP is always moving know one is going to stay in an red aoe that gives you a chance to move out of before it explodes.
  • SupremeTravie
    SupremeTravie
    ✭✭
    skoria also hits harder