Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

PvP ETIQUETTE

• Swainburg
    Swainburg
    ✭✭
    As an active PvP Player, these are some things i think of on a daily basis.

1. Don't duel between keep. You are just distracting players traveling between the keeps when their focus should be defending or pushing.

2. Don't duel around keeps that are flagged. Cyrodiil is one enormous map, there's plenty of room. (See #1).

3. Your Alliance would prefer if someone high level and fast picked up the scroll.

4. Don't use others siege and start sieging at random stuff that makes 0 sense. Buy your own and do whatever you want with them!
    Angry-Meme-02_zpsgsw0ry3t.jpg

5. Don't push enemy into their home-base. Keep map interesting for all parties. Give Alliances a chance to push back.

6. If you have siege, use them, be useful.

7. 1 person can run 1-3 sieges. No need for the whole group to run 1 siege each. Scout, defend, be useful.

8. Don't just stand in the breach at a flagged keep waiting for a miracle to happen while the opposing alliance pour hot oil on top. You will most likely die.

9. Try placing forward camps as close as possible to your flagged keep.

10. Let the less fortunate low levels use wells. If you're high level, you should have your own food by now.

11. DON'T CHASE
    enhanced-buzz-19902-1326681430-3_zpsaihij4pr.jpg

12. Don't spread out (See #11). Did you miss every horror movie ever created? Stay together, don't spread out.

13. Don't get upset when you get killed and go all Twitter fingers like it's a Meek Mill vs The Game fight. No need to send evil messages to person who killed you.
    62264414_zpss0ywa3s1.jpg

14. Don't expect Templars to keep you alive, that's your own job.

Do you have any PvP Etiquettes? ;)

STOP THE TBAG 2016

When i get zerged down and the zerglings feel the need to drop balls on my face... NOT COOL
    Live for the pact... die for the pact.

Stam DK Tank (PvE)
    Stam DK DPS (PvP & PvE)
    Stam Sorc DPS (PvP & PvE)
    Magika Sorc DPS (PvP)

PS4 NA EP
  • Cathexis
    Cathexis
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Try not to beat down on a solo low level roaming a quest area or the middle of nowhere in cyro. It's pitiful and honourless. At least give them the opporunity to engage on their own terms when its a clearly one sided fight.
    The Tomb of FPS Alteration Magic - Everything You Need to Know About FPS
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/520903/tomb-of-fps-alteration-magic-everything-you-need-to-know-about-fps
    Praise Malacath.
  • Cathexis
    Cathexis
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Edited by Cathexis on September 29, 2016 3:12AM
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/520903/tomb-of-fps-alteration-magic-everything-you-need-to-know-about-fps
    Praise Malacath.
  • Seratopia
    Seratopia
    ✭✭✭✭
    I remember one because it happened today.

If you have an incoming meteor aimed for your head try to stay away from others. There were instances where someone would run right into me with that thing hitting us both.
  • Lore_lai
    Lore_lai
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Zouni wrote: »
    I will never understand when a lone, same faction, idiot is being zerged down by a group and then watch them aim straight for my stealthed position. There is no way I can help this *** bag and the end result is me dead as well.

No offense, but if I'm being chased by a zerg, taking care of your little stealthed hiney is the last thing on my mind. :D
    Plus, chances are you will not be able to rez me anyway if I die, because I'll be camped and I have no clue if you carry camps/are willing to set one up.
    So yes, I'd rather lure the zerg in that direction if it means I give my actual team-mate a chance to escape, even if you are there.

I don't do it to be a b*** on purpose, you're just really low on my priority list then and there. :p
    If I have a better route that doesn't lead to you, I'll take it. But if you're in the way then *shrug* - collateral damage.
    Besides - you have the benefit of not being chased and your resources drained, are in stealth - so they are not even aware of you yet - so if you see the pain train coming, move away.
  • Cathexis
    Cathexis
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I will never understand when a lone, same faction, idiot is being zerged down by a group and then watch them aim straight for my stealthed position. There is no way I can help this *** bag and the end result is me dead as well.

@Zouni When I see a stealth and Im getting zerged down with no hope, I usually try to avoid them. That said, I dont have to run the fastest, I just have to run faster than you...And in stealth, you're pretty damn slow.

Just something to consider.
    Edited by Cathexis on September 29, 2016 2:24PM
    Praise Malacath.
  • Zouni
    Zouni
    ✭✭✭
    Cathexis wrote: »

@Zouni When I see a stealth and Im getting zerged down with no hope, I usually try to avoid them. That said, I dont have to run the fastest, I just have to run faster than you...And in stealth, you're pretty damn slow.

Perhaps I am being misunderstood - when someone takes a a 90 degree turn to come to my spot as I am moving away is what I am refering to. I was not in harms way until that idiot steered them my way. Understand?
    Nyxtes - NB
    Nyxta - Sorc
    Mastrofonoss - DK
    Gr Blue - Temp
  • Valen_Byte
    Valen_Byte
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Perhaps I am being misunderstood - when someone takes a a 90 degree turn to come to my spot as I am moving away is what I am refering to. I was not in harms way until that idiot steered them my way. Understand?

I understand what you are saying. I also understand why someone would right right for you. Happens all the time. Stealthy players rarely help. If you are going to just sit there and watch me die, I may bring you a parting gift. Why dont you just jump in there? You afraid to die?
    ***Dixon Kay MagDK FORMER EMPEROR***Deca Dix MagDK FORMER EMPORER***Valonious MagPlar FORMER EMPEROR***
    GM of BYTE
    MAY YOUR DEATHS BE SWIFT, AND YOUR LOAD SCREENS LONG.
    And alien tears will fill for him, Pity’s long-broken urn, For his mourners will be outcast men, And outcasts always mourn
  • Zouni
    Zouni
    ✭✭✭
    Valen_Byte wrote: »

I understand what you are saying. I also understand why someone would right right for you. Happens all the time. Stealthy players rarely help. If you are going to just sit there and watch me die, I may bring you a parting gift. Why dont you just jump in there? You afraid to die?

I was smart enough to avoid death until soemone like you came along.

Nyxtes - NB
    Nyxta - Sorc
    Mastrofonoss - DK
    Gr Blue - Temp
  • Xvorg
    Xvorg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I remember some weeks ago while fighting DC a sorc near alessia's bridge, I took and advantage and send him to the slaughterfishes with destruction reach... obviously he died while swimming.

and sent me some PMs that started with the F word... which I replied "if you don't know how to fight at alessia's bridge, don't come to alessia's bridge"

But the question remained... was my fault for taking adantage of his (bad) position? Was his fault for putting himself in that situation? I remember the first time I was WBed down the bridge was like "nice idea"

What does the PvP etiquette say about that?
    Sarcasm is something too serious to be taken lightly

I was born with the wrong sign
    In the wrong house
    With the wrong ascendancy
    I took the wrong road
    That led to the wrong tendencies
    I was in the wrong place at the wrong time
    For the wrong reason and the wrong rhyme
    On the wrong day of the wrong week
    Used the wrong method with the wrong technique
  • Xvorg
    Xvorg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Seratopia wrote: »
    I remember one because it happened today.

If you have an incoming meteor aimed for your head try to stay away from others. There were instances where someone would run right into me with that thing hitting us both.

Hard to do it on prime time due to lag.
    Sarcasm is something too serious to be taken lightly

I was born with the wrong sign
    In the wrong house
    With the wrong ascendancy
    I took the wrong road
    That led to the wrong tendencies
    I was in the wrong place at the wrong time
    For the wrong reason and the wrong rhyme
    On the wrong day of the wrong week
    Used the wrong method with the wrong technique
  • andreasranasen
    andreasranasen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Xvorg wrote: »
    I remember some weeks ago while fighting DC a sorc near alessia's bridge, I took and advantage and send him to the slaughterfishes with destruction reach... obviously he died while swimming.

and sent me some PMs that started with the F word... which I replied "if you don't know how to fight at alessia's bridge, don't come to alessia's bridge"

But the question remained... was my fault for taking adantage of his (bad) position? Was his fault for putting himself in that situation? I remember the first time I was WBed down the bridge was like "nice idea"

What does the PvP etiquette say about that?

See #13 :p

#VMATOKENSYSTEM #WEAPONDYE #TRAITCHANGE #CROWNCRATELOVER
    • Alliance/Platform: Aldemerii - PS4/NA - CP 800+
    • Mag Sorc: Arya Rosendahl - Altmer - Highelf
  • Cathexis
    Cathexis
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Oh no I quite understand, Im saying that you are being used as a sacrificial lamb in the pursuit of escape and that the best way to avoid this in stealth is to simply be more stealthy.

That said its a totally *** move imo to blow someones cover or to not help either way, but I think its very circumstantial. If Im running a nb or a sorc running maximum range attacks from a perch its a lot more practical to help out than if Im at point blank range while my team mate is outnumbered 10 to 1. The circumstance of the fight matters.
    Edited by Cathexis on September 30, 2016 2:28PM
    Praise Malacath.