Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Question about provisioning writ - please help

akl77
akl77
✭✭✭✭✭
Do you need to buy and learn all the receipes in order to do the writ? If so, what kind of receipes, green, blue, purple?
The reason I asked is because I had taken the writ quest, and one of the drink I didn't know how to make, so do I have to go search in guild stores for it?
Thanks for your help.
Pc na

Best Answers

• AntMan100673
    AntMan100673
    ✭✭✭
    The recipes required for writs are sold by the npc chefs and brewers so any you don't know you can just buy from them.

There are 6 recipes required for writs at each tier (depending on how many skill points you've put into provisioning) and they are all green.
    EU - EP - Dunmer - Dragonknight - Magicka DPS - CP160

GT: AntMan100673
    Answer ✓
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    akl77 wrote: »
    I had taken the writ quest, and one of the drink I didn't know how to make, so do I have to go search in guild stores for it?
    Thanks for your help.

Just so you know, as long as the Food or Drink is Crafted (Green as opposed to the White Drops you can find) it can be turned in for the Writ. And, it does not matter who makes the Food or Drink, so you can either get the recipe, or you can get the finished product from another player or but it from a Guild Kiosk.

Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

Answer ✓
  • SpAEkus
    SpAEkus
    ✭✭✭✭
    The recipes required for writs are sold by the npc chefs and brewers so any you don't know you can just buy from them.

There are 6 recipes required for writs at each tier (depending on how many skill points you've put into provisioning) and they are all green.

Thank you.

Except for the 10/10 writs. They don't sell those recipes. Just to save some frustration not finding them at the vendor.
    Answer ✓
  • bebynnag
    bebynnag
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SpAEkus wrote: »

Thank you.

Except for the 10/10 writs. They don't sell those recipes. Just to save some frustration not finding them at the vendor.

but they drop EVERYWHERE all the time! 1 guild i am in has kindly asked people to stop donating them to the guild bank because it was taking up too much space,

basically ask in guild/area chat for level 6 provisioning writ recipes most people would be happy to give you a set for free (or thats the case on xbox eu at least may be diffrent for your platform/server)
    Edited by bebynnag on September 29, 2016 4:57PM
    Answer ✓
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I believe they are going to sell these recipes from Chefs and Brewers come One Tamriel

Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

Answer ✓
  • Tevalaur
    Tevalaur
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is Uncle John's band calling you? Do you daydream about Sugar Magnolias? Is your favorite sunflower a China Cat? Tired of Truckin' alone to Terrapin Station? If so, share some Space with other hippies & deadheads in the guild Sunshine Daydream! Send a message in game (PC-NA) to Kaibeth for your invitation.
    Answer ✓
  • SpAEkus
    SpAEkus
    ✭✭✭✭
    All we need now is an addon that puts the writ board and drop off on the map. I STILL get lost running around Orsinium to drop off.
    Answer ✓
  • akl77
    akl77
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Thank you.
    Pc na
  • I_killed_Vivec
    I_killed_Vivec
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Thank you.

but they drop EVERYWHERE all the time! 1 guild i am in has kindly asked people to stop donating them to the guild bank because it was taking up too much space,

basically ask in guild/area chat for level 6 provisioning writ recipes most people would be happy to give you a set for free (or thats the case on xbox eu at least may be diffrent for your platform/server)

They do drop everywhere - guild banks don't want them, you can't sell one in a guild trader, can't give them away.. they are vendor trash, might as well give you 9g instead of a recipe everyone has.
  • BenevolentBowd
    BenevolentBowd
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The final tier recipes are not currently available from the NPC vendors but will be when OneTamriel goes live.
    Megaservers: PC NA / EU (sometimes) Xbox NA (sometimes)
    Luxury Furniture Gallery [PC/NA]: Moon-Sugar Meadow
    Website:BenevolentBowd.ca, "Sharing My Notes With the World to Help Others"
    Charity:#GivingTheNewMeta
    ESO Calendarmancer: http://benevolentbowd.ca/calendar (10+ timezones to choose from)
    YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/c/BenevolentBowd
    #TeamStackableTreasureMaps