The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

When can we get the Old PvP Rule sets back?

Mashille
Mashille
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭
I miss when PvP Rulesets actually made sense.

It used to be something along the lines of `10 Points for Keeps, 5 for Outposts, 1 for Resources and 25 for Scrolls but I can't remember 100% for certain. These Rulesets made sense as different objectives were worth different values. Currently the 'Standard' Ruleset is 1 Point for Keeps; 1 Point for Resources; 1 Point for Scrolls; 1 Point for Outposts. Why? In my mind this makes no sense and I've never understood why this is now the standard Ruleset, when in my opinion it doesn't make any dang sense.

By all means have a Ruleset that keeps the '1 point for everything' rule but why can there not be a Campaign that returns to the Original PvP Ruleset?
House Baratheon: 'Ours Is The Fury'
  • dylanjaygrobbelaarb16_ESO
    dylanjaygrobbelaarb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mashille wrote: »
    I miss when PvP Rulesets actually made sense.

It used to be something along the lines of `10 Points for Keeps, 5 for Outposts, 1 for Resources and 25 for Scrolls but I can't remember 100% for certain. These Rulesets made sense as different objectives were worth different values. Currently the 'Standard' Ruleset is 1 Point for Keeps; 1 Point for Resources; 1 Point for Scrolls; 1 Point for Outposts. Why? In my mind this makes no sense and I've never understood why this is now the standard Ruleset, when in my opinion it doesn't make any dang sense.

By all means have a Ruleset that keeps the '1 point for everything' rule but why can there not be a Campaign that returns to the Original PvP Ruleset?

the campaigns are MUCH more competitive with the changes. before factions could easily run so far ahead that it ruined the campaigns with just a slight population imbalance; there is no point in reverting. the only adjustment i would approve is increasing the scroll points by a large margin so the is more incentive to get them and retrieve them. right now they really are all risk(get double teamed with them) with no reward, which leaves to much emphasis on centre 6.
    if everything was worth one point but scrolls were 5-15 points it could make the map a lot more dynamic. more reason to get scrolls to try catching up, but also more risk to get double teamed from doing it. I think that would be a good change.
  • Nermy
    Nermy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Remember it's 2 points for home keeps as well but I tend to agree with you.

I think it should be:

4 points - home keeps
    2 points - home keep resources
    2 points - enemy keeps
    1 point - enemy resources
    5 points - scrolls

The only reason to hold the scrolls atm is to deny your enemies their scroll buff. Makes no sense. We don't even really go for enemy scrolls anymore, we just make sure we hold our own.
    @Nermy
    Ex-Leader of The Wabbajack [EU EP PvP guild - Now stood down from active duty]
    BLOOD FOR THE PACT!!!

Nermden - EP Warden, Nerm-in'a'tor - EP Dragon Knight, N'erm - EP Sorcerer, D'arkness - EP Nightblade, Nermy - EP Templar

“Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.” ― Oscar Wilde

"An Army is a team; lives, sleeps, eats, fights as a team. This individual heroic stuff is a lot of crap." -General George S. Patton
  • Ackwalan
    Ackwalan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The low population bonus needs to be looked at again. On Haderus PC NA, AD won by NOT logging in.
    Edited by Ackwalan on September 28, 2016 9:04PM
  • ToRelax
    ToRelax
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Nermy wrote: »

I think it should be:

4 points - home keeps
    2 points - enemy keeps
    5 points - scrolls

The only reason to hold the scrolls atm is to deny your enemies their scroll buff. Makes no sense. We don't even really go for enemy scrolls anymore, we just make sure we hold our own.

I think the original numbers weren't so bad, maybe with a 1.5 or like now, 2 factor on home stuff. The only problem was nightcapping was too powerful and group/zerg size was too important. Well those are still major issues that take away a lot more of the motivation to win a campaign.
    DAGON - ALTADOON - CHIM - GHARTOK
    The Covenant is broken. The Enemy has won...

Elo'dryel - Sorc - AR 50 - Hopesfire - EP EU
  • reiverx
    reiverx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nermy wrote: »

I think it should be:

4 points - home keeps
    2 points - enemy keeps
    5 points - scrolls

I dig those numbers. Maybe 6 points for an enemy scroll?