The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Trinimac Cult Crafting Motif

robwolf666
robwolf666
✭✭✭✭✭
Anyone else seen the Trinimac Cult Crafting Motif that I think just went up in the Crown store.... 5000 Crowns for it, LOL.

To put that in perspective, 5500 Crowns cost £32 in the UK... so they more or less want £30 just for the privilege of being able to craft a certain kind of armour.

Can anyone say RIP OFF!?

So happy I decided to cancel my sub and stop buying in-game stuff and stick with the basic game, it's not like there's not enough to do in it...

[Edited title for clarity]
Edited by ZOS_Ragnar on September 29, 2016 8:40PM
  • Asardes
    Asardes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    You don't like, you don't buy. I'd rather buy 4 DLC than a motif. But that's just my take.
    Beta tester since February 2014, played ESO-TU October 2015 - August 2022, currently on an extended break
    vMA (The Flawless Conqueror) | vVH (Spirit Slayer & of the Undying Song) | vDSA | vAA HM | vHRC HM | vSO HM | vMoL | vAS+1 | Emperor

PC-EU CP 3000+
    41,000+ Achievement Points before High Isle
    Member of:
    Pact Veteran Trade: Exemplary
    Traders of the Covenant: God of Sales
    Tamriels Emporium: God of Sales
    Valinor Overflow: Trader
    The Traveling Merchant: Silver

Characters:
    Asardes | 50 Nord Dragonknight | EP AR 50 | Master Crafter: all traits & recipes, all styles released before High Isle
    Alxaril Nelcarion | 50 High Elf Sorcerer | AD AR 20 |
    Dro'Bear Three-paws | 50 Khajiit Nightblade | AD AR 20 |
    Veronique Nicole | 50 Breton Templar | DC AR 20 |
    Sabina Flavia Cosades | 50 Imperial Warden | EP AR 20 |
    Ervesa Neloren | 50 Dark Elf Dragonknight | EP AR 20 |
    Fendar Khodwin | 50 Redguard Sorcerer | DC AR 20 |
    Surilanwe of Lillandril | 50 High Elf Nightblade | AD AR 20 |
    Joleen the Swift | 50 Redguard Templar | DC AR 20 |
    Draynor Telvanni | 50 Dark Elf Warden | EP AR 20 |
    Claudius Tharn | 50 Necromancer | DC AR 20 |
    Nazura-la the Bonedancer | 50 Necromancer | AD AR 20 |

Tharkul gro-Shug | 50 Orc Dragonknight | DC AR 4 |
    Ushruka gra-Lhurgash | 50 Orc Sorcerer | AD AR 4 |
    Cienwen ferch Llywelyn | 50 Breton Nightblade | DC AR 4 |
    Plays-with-Sunray | 50 Argonian Templar | EP AR 4 |
    Milariel | 50 Wood Elf Warden | AD AR 4 |
    Scheei-Jul | 50 Necromancer | EP AR 4 |

PC-NA CP 1800+
    30,000+ Achievement Points before High Isle
    Member of:
    Savage Blade: Majestic Machette

Characters:
    Asardes the Exile | 50 Nord Dragonknight | EP AR 30 |
  • Luigi_Vampa
    Luigi_Vampa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I'm fine with the motiffs in the crown store being expensive. It means it won't devalue the motiffs in game quite as much.
    PC/EU DC
  • robwolf666
    robwolf666
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Asardes wrote: »
    You don't like, you don't buy. I'd rather buy 4 DLC than a motif. But that's just my take.

Don't worry I won't be buying - I just feel sorry for the poor saps who will.

I think the Crown Store side of the game is excluding a whole section of gamers who can't afford the ridiculous prices, and ripping off those who can.

Just imo.
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Every time they put a Motif in the Crown Store, it craters the in game price of the motif.

Quite Frankly, I wish they cost twice as many crowns.
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• Abeille
    Abeille
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It needs to be expensive as to not to affect the in-game market for it too much.
    Just so that everyone knows, my Altmer still can't have black hair. About a dozen of Altmer NPCs in the game have black hair. Just saying.

Meet my characters:
    Command: Do the thing.

Zadarri, Khajiit Fist of Thalmor: The thing was done, as commanded.
    Durza gra-Maghul, Orc blacksmith: The thing was done perfectly, in the most efficient way.
    Tegwen, Bosmer troublemaker: You can't prove I didn't do the thing.
    Sings-Many-Songs, Argonian fisher: Sure, I'll do the thing... Eventually. Maybe.
    Aerindel, Altmer stormcaller: After extensive research, I've come to the conclusion that doing the thing would be a waste of resources.
    Liliel, Dunmer pyromancer: Aerindel said I shouldn't do the thing. Something about "resources".
    Gyda Snowcaller, Nord cryomancer: I will find a way to do it that won't waste resources and make Aerindel proud of me.
    Beatrice Leoriane, Breton vampire: I persuaded someone else into doing the thing. You are welcome, dear.
    Sahima, Redguard performer: Doing the thing sounds awfully unpleasant and really not my problem.
    Ellaria Valerius, Imperial priestess: I'll pray to the Eight for the thing to be done, if it is Their will.
  • robwolf666
    robwolf666
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Abeille wrote: »
    It needs to be expensive as to not to affect the in-game market for it too much.

If you're talking about Guild Merchants or player to player selling, I can't see how the are related - the things in the Crown Store cost real money (since you buy the Crowns), the things in-game just costs gold, which obviously isn't real money... so I really don't see the logic in comparing the two.
  • Asardes
    Asardes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Each time they release a DLC they add a couple of motifs. I see them go for absurd prices on the guild stores a few days after the release, like 80K for a single page. And for most of them you actually don't see the difference on other chars, just on your own, when you look really carefully. And you hardly see the difference between pieces in different styles, especially if they are dyed with the same colors. Many motifs are actually very similar, with just one spike or stripe on that piece, and most of them just look plain bad in the first place - Trinimac maces in particular look just like pastry paddles or even worse. I see no incentive in farming them myself, or even buying them from guild stores. Just bought a few missing pieces from Dwemer and the Xyvkin because the looks less bad than the others and fits well with most monster sets. And they were cheap to boot, like a few hundreds for a page, 2K tops. I won't pay game money, let alone real money for something that looks only marginally different, and even worse than something that's actually very common in game, like the normal racial motifs. Some of the racial ones look really good, for example Breton heavy armor.
    Edited by Asardes on September 29, 2016 2:53PM
    Beta tester since February 2014, played ESO-TU October 2015 - August 2022, currently on an extended break
    vMA (The Flawless Conqueror) | vVH (Spirit Slayer & of the Undying Song) | vDSA | vAA HM | vHRC HM | vSO HM | vMoL | vAS+1 | Emperor

PC-EU CP 3000+
    Member of:

Characters:
    Asardes | 50 Nord Dragonknight | EP AR 50 | Master Crafter: all traits & recipes, all styles released before High Isle

PC-NA CP 1800+
    Member of:

Characters:
  • Abeille
    Abeille
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    robwolf666 wrote: »

If you're talking about Guild Merchants or player to player selling, I can't see how the are related - the things in the Crown Store cost real money (since you buy the Crowns), the things in-game just costs gold, which obviously isn't real money... so I really don't see the logic in comparing the two.

They are related because the motifs are available through both these means.

If the motifs are sold in the Crown Store for cheap, more people will buy them from the store instead of from players in game, and the price will plummet because of the lack of demand.
    But for 5k Crowns, people will think twice before buying it with their real money. More people will buy it with gold, and the price won't drop so much.
    Just so that everyone knows, my Altmer still can't have black hair. About a dozen of Altmer NPCs in the game have black hair. Just saying.

Meet my characters:
    Command: Do the thing.

Zadarri, Khajiit Fist of Thalmor: The thing was done, as commanded.
    Durza gra-Maghul, Orc blacksmith: The thing was done perfectly, in the most efficient way.
    Tegwen, Bosmer troublemaker: You can't prove I didn't do the thing.
    Sings-Many-Songs, Argonian fisher: Sure, I'll do the thing... Eventually. Maybe.
    Aerindel, Altmer stormcaller: After extensive research, I've come to the conclusion that doing the thing would be a waste of resources.
    Liliel, Dunmer pyromancer: Aerindel said I shouldn't do the thing. Something about "resources".
    Gyda Snowcaller, Nord cryomancer: I will find a way to do it that won't waste resources and make Aerindel proud of me.
    Beatrice Leoriane, Breton vampire: I persuaded someone else into doing the thing. You are welcome, dear.
    Sahima, Redguard performer: Doing the thing sounds awfully unpleasant and really not my problem.
    Ellaria Valerius, Imperial priestess: I'll pray to the Eight for the thing to be done, if it is Their will.
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

... so I really don't see the logic in comparing the two.

You must not pay close attention to Motif Pricing in the Guild Stores.

Daedric, Ancient Elf, Primal and Barbaric used to sell for 20K to 40K each, now they are 2K to 4K. This price drop happened just after they were sold in the Crown Stores. Although they do drop in Coldharbor now. Actually, come to think of it, I do see less of those 4 from loot drops for the same reasons I see less Blue Motifs. Blue Motifs now sell for Half what they used to, and in game drop rates have plummeted on those due to the Legerdemain system diluting the tables. They were selling for less than 100 Gold not too long ago but the drop rates were nerfed even more.

Any time a Motif is offered in the Crown Store, the trader prices drop significantly. It's not logic, it's Cause and Effect this time. Watch the Trinimac Pricing over the next 3 to 4 weeks, you will see a significant change.

Edited by Nestor on September 29, 2016 2:58PM

• Asardes
    Asardes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    They were expensive because they were new. Look at the DLC motifs and how they drop even to 10% of the initial price within a few months. Even if one is a crafter he won't buy motifs for each of his characters, just the one that does the high end crafting, tempering, has all the traits researched for the fancy sets etc. The others are most likely just writ crafting alts who just need the common racial styles which are ~150 gold per piece in any guild store. But those motifs still drop from normal loot chests. So the supply is constant while demand is most likely satiated for the most part. I had sold barbaric and daedric for 10K+ gold about 6 months ago. Now I sell them for 2.5K. Crown store availability may contribute, but it's not the main factor for price drops.

PC-EU CP 3000+
    Member of:

Characters:

PC-NA CP 1800+
    Member of:

Characters:
  • Danikat
    Danikat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    To put that in perspective, 5500 Crowns cost £32 in the UK... so they more or less want £30 just for the privilege of being able to craft a certain kind of armour.

It's a bit off topic but where are you buying crowns?

On this site (Store link at the top of the page) they cost £23.99 for 5,500. If you're paying £32 you're already being ripped off.

Not that it makes the motif prices any better. Maybe I'm cheap but I'd just buy them in-game. I quite like the racial ones anyway so it doesn't bother me if I can't find a rare one for sale (or for a reasonable price, some people in one of my guilds seem to be very 'optimistic' about what their items are worth).
    PC EU player | She/her/hers | PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

"Remember in this game we call life that no one said it's fair"
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Asardes wrote: »
    They were expensive because they were new. Look at the DLC motifs and how they drop even to 10% of the initial price within a few months.

The Original 4 Purple Motifs held their price for quite a long time, it was only after their being sold in the crown store the motifs price plummeted. Sure, all the DLC motifs are expensive early on to cover the early adopters, but they drop to a more reasonable price after a period of time. The 2.5K price you suggest still means a 40K price for the entire Motif, so it's still not cheap.

But, just watch Trinimac Chapter pricing over the next few weeks, it will plummet.

• Elmour0Fudd
    Elmour0Fudd
    ✭✭
    Anyone else seen the Trinimac Cult Crafting Motif that I think just went up in the Crown store.... 5000 Crowns for it, LOL.

Can anyone say RIP OFF!?

So happy I decided to cancel my sub and stop buying in-game stuff and stick with the basic game, it's not like there's not enough to do in it...
    even worse ... where are you buying them from? isn't crown store lol

The Elder Scrolls® Online: Tamriel Unlimited™
    5500 Crown Pack
    5500crowns

£23.99GBP

Items & Services

Product Details
    •PC/Mac only.
    •Use Crowns to purchase mounts, pets, costumes, and more virtual goods in-game.
    •Crowns cannot be traded or gifted.
    •This is a license (See Additional Requirements tab below and Terms of Service).

edit noted someone else had said this but the text above is a direct copy past from store page and relates to pc/mac only

Edited by Elmour0Fudd on September 29, 2016 5:16PM
    Try Cat herding it's fun thay said you'll love it it's a good honest job........ bollock's you need Silverweave body armour to stop em fighting, but a stuffed mouse on a string can help!

• Snarrffffff

[/PC NA mainly dead Breton magic sorcerer b]

https://1drv.ms/i/s!Alg5EQDPhr8CemxApWeDYYkydrc

oh what fun
  • BrianDavion
    BrianDavion
    ✭✭✭✭

you realize all these motiffs drop in game right? you can farm trinimac motiffs in wrothgar.