The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Authentication Server Emails

Bunneh
Bunneh
✭✭✭
Trying to login to either Live or PTS and both times it's asking for the access code. I wait and repoll frequently my emails and after 5 or 10 mins the code turns up, which i then use and it tells me there is an error and I should try logging in later.

Is there a problem with the authentication server? I can login fine to the forum.
"Shut it, you fop" - Valorone, Fighters' Guild, Coldharbour to Darien Gautier
PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!
  • Yamenstein
    Yamenstein
    ✭✭✭✭
    You frequently press the button to send the email? Maybe don't do that next time. Get it to send once. Then just wait.
  • Bunneh
    Bunneh
    ✭✭✭
    No. I clicked it and waited. I submitted a ticket and it was fixed shortly after though I didn't get any form of acknowledgement from support - maybe my post was seen. Who knows. Same thing happened to a friend of mine several months ago as it turns out.
  • ElBiggus
    ElBiggus
    ✭✭✭
    They just take forever to arrive -- I usually figure on at least a five minute wait.

There's also a weird bug in their code system: if you try and log into the game and get told you need to enter a code and then try and log into your account on the web it will also send you an authentication code, at which point neither will work. Presumably if you try and log into the normal game, get told you need a code, then try the PTS you'll face a similar problem: it'll try and issue more than one code which means they'll fail. Try one, wait for the code, and then try the other.

Why they're so overly cautious about IP address changes is beyond me. It's particularly annoying if you're dealing with support; their first thing is always "try turning your router off and on again" and so on, and if you do that your ISP will likely give you a new IP address meaning need to wait ages for the naffing email to let you back into the game so you can see if it fixed your problem (which it won't have done) and then face another long wait for the code so you can log back into the support website.

Usability is not Zenimax's strong suit.
  • theivorykitty
    theivorykitty
    ✭✭✭
    Agree with @ElBiggus . They are just slow, and I've had problems before trying to get into one account and then the web account. If the game says it sent you a code, just wait and do *nothing*. You'll get it at some point - it's sort of ridiculous.

FYI your account can be auto-banned if you enter an authentication code incorrectly. They resolve the issue eventually, but it takes days and they cancel your eso+ membership so you have to re-input payment information when they finally let you back in. It's a pain. This was when my husband moved to another country though, so I'm sure it was a combination of one wrong auth code + an IP in a different country. It makes sense on their end and I'm glad they're protecting the account but you don't want it to happen to you.

Patience!
  • Bunneh
    Bunneh
    ✭✭✭
    To make it clear. It was bugged. I would be asked for the code, wait 5, 10, 15 minutes, and eventually receive the code, then put it in, and it would come back with an error. This happened several times over an hour.

It was nothing to do with entering the wrong code. It was the right code but it was bugged. Shortly after eventually raising a ticket it was fixed. Clearly it is something that is quite common.