The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Red mountain in pvp

AGrz5585
AGrz5585
✭✭✭
Is it decent or even viable?

Was thinking of using it on a stam dk with dw and possibly even skoria
  • Alucardo
    Alucardo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You know, considering all the hype it received I have not seen a single red mountain build yet in PVP. Viper and Velidreth - by the dozens.
  • AGrz5585
    AGrz5585
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah me either. I don't like viper on my dk and don't have veli.

Was thinking of trying something different. The idea just sounds cool.
  • Rykmaar
    Rykmaar
    ✭✭✭
    I've got a build with RM on my Dunmer stam dk (because ofc he's a Dunmer). i like it.

1t will let me screw around with new options as I'll be able to farm for jewelry, and I have a couple of build ideas using it that I've been wanting to try out.

Bonus of having it is it doubles as awesome for PvE too.
  • Stratforge
    Stratforge
    ✭✭✭✭
    I caught the build from a guy running Red Mountain, Widowmaker and Velidreth the other day. I rage blacked-out and probably sent him all kinds of mean messages. -_-
    PC NA
    Xbox One NA (retired)
  • fred4
    fred4
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Red Mountain has a 10% proc chance. I tested it against Wrothgar giants. To get a decent proc rate, 1v1, you basically need to run Flurry. If you do that in a controlled, sustained fight against a non-moving giant it usually outperforms Viper. PvP, however, is not like that. In PvP you get interrupted, CCd, or the target moves so much that not all strikes from Flurry hit them. In that case the guaranteed proc, from Viper, every 4 seconds works out much better.

I run Skoria and Viper on my stam DK. Skoria works exceptionally well with Flurry.
    Edited by fred4 on September 28, 2016 1:54PM
    PC EU (EP): Magicka NB (main), Stamina NB, Stamina DK, Stamina Sorcerer, Magicka Warden, Magicka Templar, Stamina Templar
    PC NA (EP): Magicka NB
  • Unsent.Soul
    Unsent.Soul
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Alucardo wrote: »
    You know, considering all the hype it received I have not seen a single red mountain build yet in PVP. Viper and Velidreth - by the dozens.

I've seen a certain AD player on xbox NA using that and elegance. Death recap just read clench, heavy attack, and red mountain.

I believe this guy was on a MagNB, as well
  • Alucardo
    Alucardo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I've seen a certain AD player on xbox NA using that and elegance. Death recap just read clench, heavy attack, and red mountain.

Now there's a build you don't see every day
  • Unsent.Soul
    Unsent.Soul
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Now there's a build you don't see every day

By the time you do, it's too late. Funny thing is a guild mate warned me about said NB. I didn't believe it till I saw the recap.