Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

What is a good KD ratio?

Berenhir
Berenhir
✭✭✭✭✭
Hello everybody.
As everyone is ranting about how bad magsorc are and how superior all other classes, I really ask myself what people consider "bad". Over the last week I played my Bananasorc, following random groups in PvP. I am no expert at sorc and only played him like a week and a half now.

My KD ratio is usually at about 7 to 10, with 40% killing blows. Last session was 234 kills to 22 deaths with 111 killing blows during the end of campaign fights on TF EU.

I have only 370 cp, wear purple seducer and blue vicious death with golden staffs.

My Magblade is far worse, his kd ratio is at about 5 to 7 with only 20-25% killing blows.

My sorc is good when fighting 1 vs 1, my magblade is really bad in duels.

What is considered bad? Which KD ratios or Kill/Killing Blow ratio should be achieved to have a good class?
PC EU - Ebonheart Pact - Gray Host - Death Recap -#zergfarming -
  • Asmael
    Asmael
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    None, but because K/D ratio has no meaning.

I can make a gank build, take little risks, kill less but have an insanely "good" KDR.
    I can run in a 48 men zerg on a slightly tanky build to survive bombers, and have a preeeeeeetty good KDR.
    I can run solo / go open world and have a "meh" ratio, yet still kill 2 or 3 guys while outnumbered 1 to 10+.

Which one of the above ratios has the most meaning? None of them, because KDR bears no actual meaning. It doesn't say how you got your kills, it doesn't say anything about the people you fight nor the circumstances, it doesn't say how you choose your fights: for short, it's a shiny number on a side of your screen.

Just like DPS in a PvE environnement, it only bears meaning if you know which targets, which boss / fight, what buffs you had and what the group composition was at this time.
    PC EU - Zahraji of the Void, aka "Kitty", the fluffiest salmon genocider in town.
    Poke @AsmaeI (last letter is uppercase "i") on PC EU or Asmael#9325 on Discord and receive a meow today.
  • Ariades_swe
    Ariades_swe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This aint COD....
  • White wabbit
    White wabbit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    This aint COD....

Glad some one said this
  • Juhasow
    Juhasow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well I had K/D ratio on my lv 15 stamplar 86/1 after 30 minutes of using oils+balistas with 32 killing blows. Is that means stamplar is OP or K/D ratio means nothing?
  • Berenhir
    Berenhir
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I understand that there are different activities people participate in when in Cyrodiil, but in the end it is just a CTF game with extensive character build mechanics, isn't it?

So while of course the turning of flags is most important, en route you kill players or directly/indirectly support killing.

Wouldn't say kdr has no meaning at all. The average values are different regarding the individual role of course.
    PC EU - Ebonheart Pact - Gray Host - Death Recap -#zergfarming -
  • NBrookus
    NBrookus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Berenhir wrote: »
    Over the last week I played my Bananasorc, following random groups in PvP. I am no expert at sorc and only played him like a week and a half now.

My KD ratio is usually at about 7 to 10, with 40% killing blows.

If you are following groups on a sorc, your KDR *should* be really high. Unless you are a sorc healer or tank, you are doing straight DPS, ranged, with a delayed ranged execute. It's a pretty safe place to be with a meat shield in front of you, and your job is to be picking off people.

OTOH, a CC tank may get virtually no killing blows and potentially die more often because they are putting themselves in the highest risk position or holding a line so others can escape. A tank wouldn't be "bad" because they run like 5% killing blows -- it isn't their job to do so.

Consider KDR for amusement purposes only.
  • PeggymoeXD
    PeggymoeXD
    ✭✭✭✭
    Well considering how often you should deathport to defenses, lets see...

oh yeah it doesnt matter.
    Kitty DK

Vanguärd
    Învictus
    Sun's Death
    EPHS

- Peggy Moe - Look Mom No Emp Buff - Chalman - Linda the Zookeeper -
  • Calboy
    Calboy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This aint COD....

This needed to be quoted again.