The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Need help - how to approach pledge keys with regards to the upcoming October update

Chelister
Chelister
✭✭✭
Hey everyone

So I have been gathering gold keys via doing bonus tasks for daily vet pledges and now I have like 10 gold & 5 silver keys

I have accumulated a large number of different helms from various sets such as Velidreth, Engine Guardian, Blood Spawn, Bogdan and so on

But I have discovered that I do not have shoulders for those sets, I do not have shoulders for Velidreth set, Engine Guardian set, etc...

Now the question is the following:

Yes, I would really like to get the shoulders for Ancient Guardian or Velidreth, so to have a full 2 slot amor set

However, by opening chests now (so to get a chance for getting a shoulder as a 2nd item of a set I partly have) I will loose the opportunity to instantly open 10 gold & 5 silver chests when the new update comes out in October

Thus I will loose a chance to instantly get some of the new shoulders of the upcoming October update

With the new update we are promised to receive 10+ new 2 slot amor sets, which means that after the new update I will have less chance to receive Engine Guardian Shoulder or Velidreth Shoulder, or Blood Spawn, because the higher the overall number of Monster Sets, the smaller the chance to get what you exactly want

At the same time if I start opening up chests now, I risk to get rubbish items, while in contrast if I open chests after the update I will have a higher chance to get some valuable items, but though will again have less chance to get shoulders of those sets for which I have helms e.g. Blood Spawn, Velidreth, etc..

So should I open chests now or after the update?

Would really appreciate any suggestions & thoughts
Please do not hesitate to clarify any of what I have said

Thank you

Best Answers

• Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There will be chests that only contain certain shoulder groups. I think your odds of getting what you want will actually go up. I dunno about traits though
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
    Answer ✓
  • Dubhliam
    Dubhliam
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    EVERY key gets converted into a single key - Undaunted key.

There will be three chests, each containing certain sets:
    Maj al-Ragath's chest: (12 sets)
    Banished Cells I & II
    Darkshade Caverns I & II
    Elden Hollow I & II
    Fungal Grotto I & II
    Spindleclutch I & II
    Wayrest Sewers I & II
    Gilirion the Redbeard's chest: (12 sets)
    Arx Corinium
    Blackheart Haven
    Blessed Crucible
    City of Ash I & II
    Crypt of Hearts I & II
    Direfrost
    Selene’s Web
    Tempest Island
    Vaults of Madness
    Volenfell
    Urgalarg Chief-bane's chest: (4 sets)
    Cradle of Shadows
    Imperial City Prison
    Ruins of Mazzatun
    White-Gold Tower

So, if you are looking to get a Velidreth shoulder, it will be so much easier if you save your keys for the update.
    Especially silver keys, since they don't have a 100% drop chance now, but they will after the update.
    >>>Detailed Justice System Concept thread<<<
    Answer ✓
  • UrQuan
    UrQuan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The other thing to consider is that post-update all keys (gold, silver, and bronze) will be converted into generic "undaunted keys" that can each be used to open any of the 3 chests (each of which, as @Waffennacht says, contains a specific group of different shoulders). So all of the keys you collect now will be exactly the same after the update.

In other words, if you're going to wait until the update to use your keys (which is probably wise if there are specific shoulders you're after, as you can increase your chances of getting those shoulders by picking the chest that drops them) then you'll do just as well going for quick silver keys as you will going for gold keys. If all you're after are the keys, focus on silver. If you're looking to get some practice on the hard modes and/or just stay in practice, then keep going for gold.
    Caius Drusus Imperial DK (DC)
    Bragg Ironhand Orc Temp (DC)
    Neesha Stalks-Shadows Argonian NB (EP)
    Falidir Altmer Sorcr (AD)
    J'zharka Khajiit NB (AD)
    Isabeau Runeseer Breton Sorc (DC)
    Fevassa Dunmer DK (EP)
    Manut Redguard Temp (AD)
    Tylera the Summoner Altmer Sorc (EP)
    Svari Snake-Blood Nord DK (AD)
    Ashlyn D'Elyse Breton NB (EP)
    Filindria Bosmer Temp (DC)
    Vigbjorn the Wanderer Nord Warden (EP)
    Hrokki Winterborn Breton Warden (DC)
    Basks-in-the-Sunshine Argonian Temp
    Someone stole my sweetroll
  • Chelister
    Chelister
    ✭✭✭
    UrQuan wrote: »
    The other thing to consider is that post-update all keys (gold, silver, and bronze) will be converted into generic "undaunted keys" that can each be used to open any of the 3 chests (each of which, as @Waffennacht says, contains a specific group of different shoulders). So all of the keys you collect now will be exactly the same after the update.

In other words, if you're going to wait until the update to use your keys (which is probably wise if there are specific shoulders you're after, as you can increase your chances of getting those shoulders by picking the chest that drops them) then you'll do just as well going for quick silver keys as you will going for gold keys. If all you're after are the keys, focus on silver. If you're looking to get some practice on the hard modes and/or just stay in practice, then keep going for gold.

So both silver & gold keys will be converted to 1 type of key which I can use to open any chest after update, right?
    In such sense I can focus on silver keys rather than gold keys, though bronze keys will be good as well, since all three types of keys convert into 1 type
    right?
  • ClockworkArc
    ClockworkArc
    ✭✭✭
    Pretty sure they said all gold keys are being converted to two undaunted keys due to the system changes.
  • Chelister
    Chelister
    ✭✭✭
    Pretty sure they said all gold keys are being converted to two undaunted keys due to the system changes.

what about silver & bronze?
  • UrQuan
    UrQuan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Got a source? All I've seen is that they'll all be converted to Undaunted keys.
    Caius Drusus Imperial DK (DC)
    Bragg Ironhand Orc Temp (DC)
    Neesha Stalks-Shadows Argonian NB (EP)
    Falidir Altmer Sorcr (AD)
    J'zharka Khajiit NB (AD)
    Isabeau Runeseer Breton Sorc (DC)
    Fevassa Dunmer DK (EP)
    Manut Redguard Temp (AD)
    Tylera the Summoner Altmer Sorc (EP)
    Svari Snake-Blood Nord DK (AD)
    Ashlyn D'Elyse Breton NB (EP)
    Filindria Bosmer Temp (DC)