The Scalebreaker DLC game pack and Update 23 base-game patch are now available to test on the PTS! Read the full patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

An idea for DOORs in Cyrodiil

visionality
visionality
✭✭✭✭✭
Doors are one of the most dangerous and frustrating things in Cyro cause they either refuse to open when you really need to get through or they rollercoster you right back to your starting point.

So ... why not change doors to simple passable objects when they lead to an area that you can enter? No more hectic "e"-typing and a lot less frustration.
  • Hexys
    Hexys
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Enjoy
    Astrum | Daggerfall Covenant | EU-PC
    Noricum | Daggerfall Covenant | EU-PC
    AoE Rats | Ebonheart Pact | EU-PC

DC | AR 50 | Hexys - Magicka Sorcerer (07-08-2016)
    AD | AR 50 | Hexposed - Magicka Sorcerer (27-04-2017)
    EP | AR 50 | Darth Hexys - Magicka Sorcerer (05-08-2018)
    EP | AR 18 | Hèxýs - Magicka Sorcerer

DC | AR 39 | Hexyles - Stamina Nightblade
    AD | AR 31 | Shaðow - Magicka Nightblade
    EP | AR 28 | Hexesy Shadowblade - Stamina Nightblade

EP | AR 34 | Hexyra - Stamina Warden

1.6k+ Champion Points
    Earned over 300.000.000 Alliance Points!
    #01 2x Grand Overlord PC-EU
    #01 3x Grand Overlord Magicka Sorcerer WW
    #01 Grand Overlord on each faction PC-EU

@Hexiss - Youtube Channel - Twitch Channel
  • Cathexis
    Cathexis
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Doors are one of the most dangerous and frustrating things in Cyro cause they either refuse to open when you really need to get through or they rollercoster you right back to your starting point.

So ... why not change doors to simple passable objects when they lead to an area that you can enter? No more hectic "e"-typing and a lot less frustration.

In a world where we can create magical barriers it astonishes me that we still use doors with faulty locking mechanisms or which have a tendency to spontaneous revolve 360'
    Pvp will never balance in a sufficient feeling manner for the player base, until the player base stops viewing it as a pve farming activity.
  • DHale
    DHale
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    On my stam build doors open up super quick on my magic builds its curtains for me. Crazy but true.
    Sorcerna, proud beta sorc.
    RIP April 2014 to May 31 2016 DArk Brotherhood. Out of retirement for negates and encases.
    Sorcerna will be going back into retirement to be my main crafter Fall 2018. Beacuse a 6 k shield is f ing useless.
    Died because of baddies on the forum. Too much qq too little pew pew.
    13 AD 2 DC. CP 1200 plus 15 level 50 toons.
    NA, PC, Vivec.
    #SORCLIVESMATTER actually they don’t or they wouldn’t keep getting nerfed constantly.
  • Sandman929
    Sandman929
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

One of the best ideas I've read on here so far.

Edit: That was my initial reaction because I hate doors so thoroughly. But, this might bring about some very annoying dodging in and out of safety for defenders. I guess after a little more thought, I'd rather just make regular doors work right.
    Edited by Sandman929 on September 27, 2016 9:37PM
    Daggerfall Covenant - Xbox One NA