The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

An idea for DOORs in Cyrodiil

visionality
visionality
✭✭✭✭✭
Doors are one of the most dangerous and frustrating things in Cyro cause they either refuse to open when you really need to get through or they rollercoster you right back to your starting point.

So ... why not change doors to simple passable objects when they lead to an area that you can enter? No more hectic "e"-typing and a lot less frustration.
  • Hexys
    Hexys
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Astrum | Daggerfall Covenan | EU-PC
    Noricum | Daggerfall Covenant | EU-PC
    Spectral | Ebonheart Pact | EU-PC

DC | AR 50 | Hexys - Magicka Sorcerer (07-08-2016)
    AD | AR 50 | Hexposed - Magicka Sorcerer (27-04-2017)
    EP | AR 50 | Darth Hexys - Magicka Sorcerer (05-08-2018)
    EP | AR 50 | Grand Overload Hexys - Magicka Sorcerer (03-03-2021)
    EP | AR 39 | Legendary Hexys - Magicka Sorcerer

EP | AR 43 | Hexyles - Stamina Nightblade
    EP | AR 49 | Hexys - Stamina Nightblade (23-02-2022)
    EP | AR 35 | Hexesy Shadowblade - Stamina Nightblade

EP | AR 50 | Hexesy - Magicka Warden (31-01-2021)
    EP | AR 49 | Hexyra - Magicka Warden (07-03-2021)

EP | AR 34 | Hexesy Czyterski - Magicka Necromancer

2.5k+ Champion Points
    Earned over 640.000.000 Alliance Points!

@Hexiss - Youtube Channel - Twitch Channel
  • Cathexis
    Cathexis
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Doors are one of the most dangerous and frustrating things in Cyro cause they either refuse to open when you really need to get through or they rollercoster you right back to your starting point.

So ... why not change doors to simple passable objects when they lead to an area that you can enter? No more hectic "e"-typing and a lot less frustration.

In a world where we can create magical barriers it astonishes me that we still use doors with faulty locking mechanisms or which have a tendency to spontaneous revolve 360'
    The Tomb of FPS Alteration Magic - Everything You Need to Know About FPS
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/520903/tomb-of-fps-alteration-magic-everything-you-need-to-know-about-fps
    Praise Malacath.
  • DHale
    DHale
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    On my stam build doors open up super quick on my magic builds its curtains for me. Crazy but true.
    Sorcerna, proud beta sorc. RIP April 2014 to May 31 2016 DArk Brotherhood. Out of retirement for negates and encases. Sorcerna will be going back into retirement to be my main crafter Fall 2018. Because an 8 k shield is f ing useless. Died because of baddies on the forum. Too much qq too little pew pew. 16 AD 2 DC. 0 EP cause they bad, CP 2300 plus 18 level 50 toons. NA, PC, Grey Host#SORCLIVESMATTER actually they don’t or they wouldn’t keep getting nerfed constantly.
  • Sandman929
    Sandman929
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

One of the best ideas I've read on here so far.

Edit: That was my initial reaction because I hate doors so thoroughly. But, this might bring about some very annoying dodging in and out of safety for defenders. I guess after a little more thought, I'd rather just make regular doors work right.
    Edited by Sandman929 on September 27, 2016 9:37PM