Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Magika Sorc Amberplasm in PvP build?

• Malamar1229
    Malamar1229
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I main a mDK so I only play on my sorc when I'm fed up and need a break. Msorc feels so powerful after playing mDK. But I see everyone using seducer. Isn't this a mistake? Shouldn't I instead spec into offense? Msorc isn't good at sustained damage, so the spike damage needs to be high enough to actually burst people down. Seems like willpower+julianos/kags+2pc torugs+1 kena seems like a better setup.

Can any expert msorcs weigh in?

You can run that setup, but you will get quickly frustrated when your burst set up is negated with dodge roll and evasion and then you are at zero magicka for defense.

you can get good burst on a sustain build if you wisely take advantage of prco'd frags and empower buff.

Kags over Julianos IMO....before DB i mixed that set with willpower, 2pc Torugs pact, and 1pc Kena.

I wanted better sustain after DB and went with Seducers.
  • Minalan
    Minalan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Everyone went with seducers after DB.

If someone at ZOS was smart, they might look at that and figure, 'Hey why is every Sorc running a cost reduction and sustain set just to compete? There might be a problem with Sorc magicka costs...'

But they really aren't...
    Edited by Minalan on September 27, 2016 3:42PM
  • Swainburg
    Swainburg
    ✭✭
    Minalan wrote: »
    I'm with Makkir. Seducer is almost a must have after dark brotherhood when some fool at ZOS idecided to increase our magicka costs by about 10% across the board.

Mix seducer with some other DPS focus set with jewelry (elegance, arcane willpower, Cyrodiil light, grace of the ancients, etc) and it balances out. Sustain versus damage.

Thats very valuable information, but the goal of this thread is also to determine whether I could get away with replacing seducer with amberplasm.

After playing around in PvP with this a bit, I have had no problems sustaining. I'm at over 2000 recovery and 40,000 max magicka, but I need to actually finish the sets. I also need to complete my glyphs for spell power before I can send the rest of my stats.

Im assuming I can sustain well enough witg this set up.
    Edited by Swainburg on September 27, 2016 5:32PM
    Live for the pact... die for the pact.

Stam DK Tank (PvE)
    Stam DK DPS (PvP & PvE)
    Stam Sorc DPS (PvP & PvE)
    Magika Sorc DPS (PvP)

PS4 NA EP
  • X3ina
    X3ina
    ✭✭✭
    My future build:

5 Amberplasm
    3 Willpower
    2 Torug's Pact
    1 Molag Kena

Why not:

5 Amberplasm
    3 Willpower
    1 Molag Kena
    1 Bloodspawn
    1 Maelstrom Destro/Resto ???
    SW GoH > ESO
  • WillhelmBlack
    WillhelmBlack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    After a brief period of Amberplasm, I've now switched back to Vicious Death. Im getting enough sustain from heavy attacking because I use Elegant. It might only be temporary and I may change back as it is such a good set but so is an Elegant Lightning Staff, Mages Wrath and Vicious Death. Poof!

For solo PvP I would recommend Amberplasm.
    PC EU
  • WillhelmBlack
    WillhelmBlack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    After a brief period of Amberplasm, I've now switched back to Vicious Death. Im getting enough sustain from heavy attacking because I use Elegant. It might only be temporary and I may change back as it is such a good set but so is an Elegant Lightning Staff, Mages Wrath and Vicious Death. Poof!

PC EU
  • Minalan
    Minalan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    X3ina wrote: »
    My future build:

5 Amberplasm
    3 Willpower
    2 Torug's Pact
    1 Molag Kena

Why not:

5 Amberplasm
    3 Willpower
    1 Molag Kena
    1 Bloodspawn

Try amberplasm and the new five piece set that grants 4K more armor penetration.

Or 5 Amber, 3 Willpower, 2 Magnus, and one of the new max magicka monster set pieces.
  • WillhelmBlack
    WillhelmBlack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    My future build:

5 Amberplasm
    3 Willpower
    2 Torug's Pact
    1 Molag Kena

Why not:

5 Amberplasm
    3 Willpower
    1 Molag Kena
    1 Bloodspawn

Try amberplasm and the new five piece set that grants 4K more armor penetration.

That's my next build, definitely. Hopefully I'll find impenetrable pieces.
    Edited by WillhelmBlack on September 27, 2016 6:07PM
    PC EU
  • Swainburg
    Swainburg
    ✭✭
    The only problem with 5 amber and 5 crafted set is I need all the jewelry... Ugh the dungeon takes so long and amberplasm hardly drops.

Stam DK Tank (PvE)
    Stam DK DPS (PvP & PvE)
    Magika Sorc DPS (PvP)

PS4 NA EP
  • Swainburg
    Swainburg
    ✭✭

Nice dude. How fast can you kill ppl with that setup?

And I was bitten by the solo pvp bug long ago. Nothing else can sate the thirst for the kill :wink:
    Edited by Swainburg on September 27, 2016 6:20PM

Stam DK Tank (PvE)
    Stam DK DPS (PvP & PvE)
    Magika Sorc DPS (PvP)

PS4 NA EP
  • WillhelmBlack
    WillhelmBlack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    My future build:

5 Amberplasm
    3 Willpower
    2 Torug's Pact
    1 Molag Kena

Why not:

5 Amberplasm
    3 Willpower
    1 Molag Kena
    1 Bloodspawn

Or 5 Amber, 3 Willpower, 2 Magnus, and one of the new max magicka monster set pieces.

That's my next build, definitely. Hopefully I'll find impenetrable pieces.
    Swainburg wrote: »

Nice dude. How fast can you kill ppl with that setup?

And I was bitten by the solo pvp bug long ago. Nothing else can sate the thirst for the kill :wink:

Same as any other mag Sorc build. Amberplasm has great 4 pc bonuses and no one escapes the Elegant lightning staff. I bet a few players are surprised how much you can dodge roll too.

Next update I'll be running 5 Spinners Robe set on Destro, 5 Amberplasm on Resto bar where streak is and 2 pc of new monster set.
    PC EU
  • SkylarkX
    SkylarkX
    ✭✭✭✭
    Could go for:
    5 Amberplasm
    5 Julianos/Kagrenacs
    1 Molag Kena/Maelstrom

My future build:

5 Amberplasm
    3 Willpower
    2 Torug's Pact
    1 Molag Kena

Why not:

5 Amberplasm
    3 Willpower
    1 Molag Kena
    1 Bloodspawn

That set only give physical penetration, won't be much use for spell damage
    Edited by SkylarkX on September 28, 2016 10:16AM
    Nocturnal - Oceanic PvX Guild
    Skylärk / Dunmer DK
    Skylårk / Bosmer NB
    Skylörd / Khajiit Sorcerer
    Elizabeth Skylark / Breton Templar
    PC/NA/AD
  • BuggeX
    BuggeX
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    while we are at it, are there amberplasm shields?

and if yes does they also just drop from Xal-Nur? or a earlyer boss to?

im running that *** dungeon solo on normal to farm my last pices but meh, rng sux, amberplasm battle axe and ***.

and i want to farm thes before the stupid "smart loot" kicks in
    Edited by BuggeX on September 28, 2016 12:51PM
    #makemagickadkgreataigan
    #givemeaexecute
    #ineedheal
    #betterhotfixgrindspots
  • Swainburg
    Swainburg
    ✭✭
    BuggeX wrote: »

im running that *** dungeon solo on normal to farm my last pices but meh, rng sux, amberplasm battle axe and ***.

Next patch there will be shields. Aren't all sets supposed to drop in all pieces?
    Edited by Swainburg on September 28, 2016 1:42PM

Stam DK Tank (PvE)
    Stam DK DPS (PvP & PvE)
    Magika Sorc DPS (PvP)

PS4 NA EP
  • BuggeX
    BuggeX
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Next patch there will be shields. Aren't all sets supposed to drop in all pieces?

so right now there are not shilds? :o
    #makemagickadkgreataigan
    #givemeaexecute
    #ineedheal
    #betterhotfixgrindspots
  • Swainburg
    Swainburg
    ✭✭

so right now there are not shilds? :o

I can't tell you for sure, but I know I haven't gotten one before either. But they are guaranteed next patch.

Stam DK Tank (PvE)
    Stam DK DPS (PvP & PvE)
    Magika Sorc DPS (PvP)

PS4 NA EP
  • Brrrofski
    Brrrofski
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I thought about using this on a magica sorc when the dlc dropped. Ended up leveling up other things so forgot about it. Looking to revisit it though.

Why is nobody here mentioning julianos with it? Would julianos, amberplasm and 1 kena not give more damage then 5 amberplasm, 3 willpower, 2 torug's and 1 kena? It's 8;30 am here so too early for maths.

Julianos would give more crit but I guess they there way fives you the same spell damage but more magcia right?

Please tell me julianos would be better. I have 3 amberplasm jewellery and 2 body pieces (shoulder and head). Don't make me farm 5 body pieces :(. Plus they don't come in impen right?
  • Swainburg
    Swainburg
    ✭✭
    Brrrofski wrote: »
    I thought about using this on a magica sorc when the dlc dropped. Ended up leveling up other things so forgot about it. Looking to revisit it though.

Why is nobody here mentioning julianos with it? Would julianos, amberplasm and 1 kena not give more damage then 5 amberplasm, 3 willpower, 2 torug's and 1 kena? It's 8;30 am here so too early for maths.

Julianos would give more crit but I guess they there way fives you the same spell damage but more magcia right?

Please tell me julianos would be better. I have 3 amberplasm jewellery and 2 body pieces (shoulder and head). Don't make me farm 5 body pieces :(. Plus they don't come in impen right?

You are correct, amberplasm doesn't come in impen... Yet. I think when I did some math, I got like 1000-2000 more max magicka from willpower, and decided that I really wanted to wear engine guardian. The other reason I ruled out julianos is the fact that it adds crit and with all the impen in pvp I don't think it adds much damage. You're right on weapon damage... Around 200-300 more, but somewhat less sustain.

Stam DK Tank (PvE)
    Stam DK DPS (PvP & PvE)
    Magika Sorc DPS (PvP)

PS4 NA EP
  • Brrrofski
    Brrrofski
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Brrrofski wrote: »

You are correct, amberplasm doesn't come in impen... Yet. I think when I did some math, I got like 1000-2000 more max magicka from willpower, and decided that I really wanted to wear engine guardian. The other reason I ruled out julianos is the fact that it adds crit and with all the impen in pvp I don't think it adds much damage. You're right on weapon damage... Around 200-300 more, but somewhat less sustain.

So you'd only have 3 impen bits - 2 torug's and 1 kena. Willpower rings and staves, amberplasm 4 body and necklace. Suppose that'd be alright considering you'l mostly have your shield up.