Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Calling all amazing console dps players!!!

ScarlettCrush
How do you hold your controller?
Do you have a special gaming controller like a scuf?
Do you have a video of your hands as you play?
A side by side of what the screen shows vs what you clicking would be...really amazing.
Do you have a really fast internet connection?
Is your controller wired?

I ask... because I want to know if I am playing wrong. I have some nerve damage in my left hand and so I am trying to find a controller or play style that will allow me to have competitive dps. After two years of playing I still struggle with that.
  • bebynnag
    bebynnag
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey, i have arthritis so i can kind of sympathise with you. not sure if im amazing, but im not awfull! LOL

no video of my playing, but i can try to explain how i hold it

pic for referance
    https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/xjr5oMMvByGw6d1ckiNGluIKA6LPgahh1O2-mMWLKWI=w550-h401-no

thumbs cover (a,b,x,y) buttons and sticks,
    1st fingers cover bumpers
    middle fingers cover left & right triggers

i have an xbox elite controler, like scuff it has 'optional back toggles' which you can assign skills to.
    i choose to assign potions to one and weapon swap to the other. this means i can use my little fingers to drink a consumable/swap weapons so i hold it kind of like this

2653156-8547446806-windo.jpg

it increased my DPS/performance as weapon swapping & weaving are much easier, (weaving = light attacks inbetween standard attacks which help manages resources, generate ultimate & contribute to dps)
  • Mojmir
    Mojmir
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    why only console? I know some amazing players on pc that use them
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What is described above is really good but not what I do, I don't find it comfortable.

I just use index fingers for triggers and bumpers. I put most used spells on bumpers and just rest fingers there. Thumbs on joysticks.

No special controller, though I know some of the hardcore players use them to great success. You can pre program what those underneath buttons do.
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • AverageJo3Gam3r
    AverageJo3Gam3r
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Get a Microsoft elite or scuf. Put bar swap on your paddles. It will change your life.
  • BlanketFort
    BlanketFort
    ✭✭✭✭
    Get a Microsoft elite or scuf. Put bar swap on your paddles. It will change your life.

^this. Those paddles are a god-send for weapon swapping. The day I hit lvl 15 on console was the same day I ran to the nearest store and got the Elite, just for bar swapping.
  • Davor
    Davor
    ✭✭✭✭✭

^this. Those paddles are a god-send for weapon swapping. The day I hit lvl 15 on console was the same day I ran to the nearest store and got the Elite, just for bar swapping.

How do you do that? I thought bar swap was on the D-pad. How do you change it on the Xbox One with the Elite?

I am having so much trouble using the paddles I guess I am so use to the buttons I can't use the paddles and took them off. Any tips on how to learn how to use them? I keep hitting the paddles I don't want and casting the wrong powers.
    Edited by Davor on October 6, 2016 8:09PM
    Not my quote but I love this saying

"I would pay It for support. But since they choosed we are just numbers and not customers, i dont mind if game and zos goes to oblivion"