Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Official Discussion Thread for One Tamriel Daily Quests

• UrQuan
    UrQuan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That's why I said potentially...and idk about you but I have a TON of guildies that would be more than happy to do undaunted farming that way.
    You'd need a group of hundreds to have a good chance of getting quests for all of the different delves... As in many many more people than can be in a single group. And you'd still hit the global cap on repeatables done in a single day long before you got that many different quests.
    look mages guild isn't that hard to level up. Fighters guild isn't that hard to level up. I know everyone is SO concerned with lore and how it fits into the universe, but have you ever tried grinding out undaunted 9 on multiple characters? Didn't think so.
    Think again. I've currently got 15 different level 50 characters. Only 3 of them are currently Undaunted 9, and the rest are working on it.
    Caius Drusus Imperial DK (DC)
    Bragg Ironhand Orc Temp (DC)
    Neesha Stalks-Shadows Argonian NB (EP)
    Falidir Altmer Sorcr (AD)
    J'zharka Khajiit NB (AD)
    Isabeau Runeseer Breton Sorc (DC)
    Fevassa Dunmer DK (EP)
    Manut Redguard Temp (AD)
    Tylera the Summoner Altmer Sorc (EP)
    Svari Snake-Blood Nord DK (AD)
    Ashlyn D'Elyse Breton NB (EP)
    Filindria Bosmer Temp (DC)
    Vigbjorn the Wanderer Nord Warden (EP)
    Hrokki Winterborn Breton Warden (DC)
    Basks-in-the-Sunshine Argonian Temp
    Someone stole my sweetroll
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That's why I said potentially...and idk about you but I have a TON of guildies that would be more than happy to do undaunted farming that way. look mages guild isn't that hard to level up. Fighters guild isn't that hard to level up. I know everyone is SO concerned with lore and how it fits into the universe, but have you ever tried grinding out undaunted 9 on multiple characters? Didn't think so.
    Would your ton of guildies not be equally as happy to do Undaunted farming in a public dungeon? Surely with a ton of guildies you'd want to do it as a group, and public dungeons are much more suited for group play than delves. (Trying to do delves in a group is really boring, as everything dies too quickly.)
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
    Join us on Discord - discord.gg/uesp
  • deadlychaos1991
    deadlychaos1991
    ✭✭✭
    UrQuan wrote: »
    That's why I said potentially...and idk about you but I have a TON of guildies that would be more than happy to do undaunted farming that way.
    You'd need a group of hundreds to have a good chance of getting quests for all of the different delves... As in many many more people than can be in a single group. And you'd still hit the global cap on repeatables done in a single day long before you got that many different quests.
    look mages guild isn't that hard to level up. Fighters guild isn't that hard to level up. I know everyone is SO concerned with lore and how it fits into the universe, but have you ever tried grinding out undaunted 9 on multiple characters? Didn't think so.
    Think again. I've currently got 15 different level 50 characters. Only 3 of them are currently Undaunted 9, and the rest are working on it.

15 characters huh? Wow that's impressive seeing as there's only 12 character slots max.
  • deadlychaos1991
    deadlychaos1991
    ✭✭✭
    Enodoc wrote: »
    That's why I said potentially...and idk about you but I have a TON of guildies that would be more than happy to do undaunted farming that way. look mages guild isn't that hard to level up. Fighters guild isn't that hard to level up. I know everyone is SO concerned with lore and how it fits into the universe, but have you ever tried grinding out undaunted 9 on multiple characters? Didn't think so.
    Would your ton of guildies not be equally as happy to do Undaunted farming in a public dungeon? Surely with a ton of guildies you'd want to do it as a group, and public dungeons are much more suited for group play than delves. (Trying to do delves in a group is really boring, as everything dies too quickly.)

Everything dies too quickly even solo in a public dungeon. It's laughable. Which is why delves would be better so You don't have to clear as much trash every time you run it. To be honest, if it were public dungeons, I wouldn't do them. It would be more enjoyable doing the actual dungeons. At least they provide some semblance of a challenge, and that's over exaggerating.

And at 5 undaunted xp per daily you do, public dungeons would be a horrible idea
  • wayfarerx
    wayfarerx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

15 characters huh? Wow that's impressive seeing as there's only 12 character slots max.

So just to bring you up to speed, @UrQuan is the patron saint of altoholics everywhere. Seriously, I think he has three accounts full of characters. He is literally the last person on the forums you should ignore when it comes to opinions on having tons of alts.
    Edited by wayfarerx on September 26, 2016 6:41PM
    @wayfarerx - PC / North America / Aldmeri Dominion
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Everything dies too quickly even solo in a public dungeon. It's laughable. Which is why delves would be better so You don't have to clear as much trash every time you run it. To be honest, if it were public dungeons, I wouldn't do them. It would be more enjoyable doing the actual dungeons. At least they provide some semblance of a challenge, and that's over exaggerating.

And at 5 undaunted xp per daily you do, public dungeons would be a horrible idea
    Based solely on mob density, soloing a public dungeon is harder. And as you say, clearing trash is easier in a delve; why can that logic not be applied to Mages Guild too, where you're expected to be running solo? If you want a challenge, the Mages Guild chest is located in the Group Event room, and the Group Events are supposedly the most challenging part of the public dungeon, perfect for a group running the Undaunted daily, and certainly not easy for a solo player on the MG daily to complete.
    Edited by Enodoc on September 26, 2016 6:44PM
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
  • deadlychaos1991
    deadlychaos1991
    ✭✭✭

Based solely on mob density, soloing a public dungeon is harder. And as you say, clearing trash is easier in a delve; why can that logic not be applied to Mages Guild too, where you're expected to be running solo? If you want a challenge, the Mages Guild chest is located in the Group Event room, and the Group Events are supposedly the most challenging part of the public dungeon, perfect for a group running the Undaunted daily, and certainly not easy for a solo player on the MG daily to complete.

No, actually I'm saying it's all easy...public dungeons just take longer. I'm sorry but if you struggle through a public dungeon at all, then you're just bad at the game...
  • UrQuan
    UrQuan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

10 level 50s on my main account (plus 2 babies who are both level 20) at CP cap, 4 level 50s on my second account (plus 4 babies who are all level 25) at about CP175, and as of a couple of days ago 1 level 50 on my third account (plus 7 babies who are all level 25) at about CP35.
    wayfarerx wrote: »

So just to bring you up to speed, @UrQuan is the patron saint of altoholics everywhere. Seriously, I think he has three accounts full of characters. He is literally the last person on the forums you should ignore when it comes to opinions on having tons of alts.
    Yup. I know for sure I've grouped with @Wayfarer on multiple characters on my main account, and I'm pretty sure one or two on my second account. Probably not any of my characters on my third account, though, as I don't play that account very often.
    Caius Drusus Imperial DK (DC)
    Bragg Ironhand Orc Temp (DC)
    Neesha Stalks-Shadows Argonian NB (EP)
    Falidir Altmer Sorcr (AD)
    J'zharka Khajiit NB (AD)
    Isabeau Runeseer Breton Sorc (DC)
    Fevassa Dunmer DK (EP)
    Manut Redguard Temp (AD)
    Tylera the Summoner Altmer Sorc (EP)
    Svari Snake-Blood Nord DK (AD)
    Ashlyn D'Elyse Breton NB (EP)
    Filindria Bosmer Temp (DC)
    Vigbjorn the Wanderer Nord Warden (EP)
    Hrokki Winterborn Breton Warden (DC)
    Basks-in-the-Sunshine Argonian Temp
    Someone stole my sweetroll
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

No, actually I'm saying it's all easy...public dungeons just take longer. I'm sorry but if you struggle through a public dungeon at all, then you're just bad at the game...
    That's rather rude. Not every player is a hardcore gamer with a perfectly-balanced min/max build.
  • Dubhliam
    Dubhliam
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Besides continuous insulting of a community ambassador, @deadlychaos1991 is trying to reason that...

...leveling Undaunted is harder than leveling Mages Guild, so Undaunted dailies should have the faster (delve) variant, while the Mages Guild should keep the longer, harder dailies.

Because logic.

And yes, all my max level characters have Undaunted maxed.
    If your alts don't have Undaunted maxed, then...
    then you're just bad at the game...
    >>>Detailed Justice System Concept thread<<<
  • deadlychaos1991
    deadlychaos1991
    ✭✭✭
    Leveling undaunted is not hard. In any way shape or form. Apparently public dungeons are hard for some people. Maybe your max level undaunted characters can finally start making it through a public dungeon solo.

Seriously though, It's just a tedious grind. It's the only skill line in the game that still takes a fassive muck ton of game hours to level. Hell even assault and support skill lines were tossed into the dirt.
  • Dubhliam
    Dubhliam
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So basically you're just crying for no reason because you already have all Undaunted maxed, and manage to insult everyone in the way.
  • deadlychaos1991
    deadlychaos1991
    ✭✭✭
    Dubhliam wrote: »
    So basically you're just crying for no reason because you already have all Undaunted maxed, and manage to insult everyone in the way.

Where did I say I have all characters undaunted 9? Or are you just putting words in my mouth now?
  • Tai-Chi
    Tai-Chi
    ✭✭✭✭
    I completed 2 dailies from each of MG, FG and Undaunted, on a V160 Sorc. I did the quests solo. One of the FG and Undaunted quests were completed yesterday evening.

My MG and FG skill lines were maxed out well before reaching Vet level, so I do not know how many 'skill advancement' points I would have received if they had not been. From what I read, the 'skill advancement' points appear to be 10pts for MG and FG.

Playing solo (for whatever reason) means that I have not completed any Undaunted quests. As such, my character was stuck at Lv3 in the Undaunted skill-line. I gained 5 points for completing each Undaunted daily and I have no problem with that. I am in this game long-term (ESO+ 190 day repeat member) and I am grateful that at last I will be able to get those Undaunted passives - however long it takes. The unfairness lies in MG and FG gaining 10 skill line points on completion. Advancement in these Guilds should not be easy.

Did I find the Quest-Givers easily?
    Yes I did but I am not convinced that new players will, if they do not have any previous knowledge of how ESO deals with the issue. I first looked in the EP base-camp respective Guilds; when the Quest-Givers were not there, I looked in the Mournhold Guilds. To me, that was the next logical place to look.

Rewards and Drops
    I am used to getting useless drops and not having access to top-end, dropped gear. Nothing new in that. I am a 9 trait crafter in all 3 disciplines, can make top end glyphs, food, drinks and potions. I settle for what I can make and afford to buy from the Guild vendors. Yesterday I picked up a few green, Lv160 dropped items, which I can improve to Gold level, should I wish to do so.

Having said that, one of the items was Lv160, green drop-set jewellery. Who on Earth (or Nirn) uses green jewellery at Lv160? Please @ZOS_GinaBruno make set-jewellery items both level appropriate and Purple. The occasional Gold jewellery item would be extremely welcome.

Difficulty of Content
    I managed to complete all the quests Solo - with my ever faithful Clannfear - without dying except for once. That happened at the Green Hall Dolmen in Grahtwood. It was due to my clumsiness, pressing the escape key instead of the quickslot key for more potion. Albeit I could complete the Dolmens solo, the fights were fairy sustained and long. I am not a particularly competent player but with experience I have learnt several techniques for conquering these whilst playing solo. Without those techniques, I would not have been able to solo them. In my view, the difficulty was about right.

PC - EU (Main) & PC - NA
  • Dubhliam
    Dubhliam
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tai-Chi wrote: »
    I completed 2 dailies from each of MG, FG and Undaunted, on a V160 Sorc. I did the quests solo. One of the FG and Undaunted quests were completed yesterday evening.

My MG and FG skill lines were maxed out well before reaching Vet level, so I do not know how many 'skill advancement' points I would have received if they had not been. From what I read, the 'skill advancement' points appear to be 10pts for MG and FG.

Playing solo (for whatever reason) means that I have not completed any Undaunted quests. As such, my character was stuck at Lv3 in the Undaunted skill-line. I gained 5 points for completing each Undaunted daily and I have no problem with that. I am in this game long-term (ESO+ 190 day repeat member) and I am grateful that at last I will be able to get those Undaunted passives - however long it takes. The unfairness lies in MG and FG gaining 10 skill line points on completion. Advancement in these Guilds should not be easy.

Yes I did but I am not convinced that new players will, if they do not have any previous knowledge of how ESO deals with the issue. I first looked in the EP base-camp respective Guilds; when the Quest-Givers were not there, I looked in the Mournhold Guilds. To me, that was the next logical place to look.

Rewards and Drops
    I am used to getting useless drops and not having access to top-end, dropped gear. Nothing new in that. I am a 9 trait crafter in all 3 disciplines, can make top end glyphs, food, drinks and potions. I settle for what I can make and afford to buy from the Guild vendors. Yesterday I picked up a few green, Lv160 dropped items, which I can improve to Gold level, should I wish to do so.

Having said that, one of the items was Lv160, green drop-set jewellery. Who on Earth (or Nirn) uses green jewellery at Lv160? Please @ZOS_GinaBruno make set-jewellery items both level appropriate and Purple. The occasional Gold jewellery item would be extremely welcome.

Difficulty of Content
    I managed to complete all the quests Solo - with my ever faithful Clannfear - without dying except for once. That happened at the Green Hall Dolmen in Grahtwood. It was due to my clumsiness, pressing the escape key instead of the quickslot key for more potion. Albeit I could complete the Dolmens solo, the fights were fairy sustained and long. I am not a particularly competent player but with experience I have learnt several techniques for conquering these whilst playing solo. Without those techniques, I would not have been able to solo them. In my view, the difficulty was about right.

The sets you obtained are not related to the quests.
    They drop from dolmen chests, delve and public dungeons as well as world bosses.

Sure, the dailies send you to those places, but you don't have to have the quest to be able to obtain that loot.

Which is a shame, I believe dailies should have Superior and Epic set items tied to the rewards.
  • Tai-Chi
    Tai-Chi
    ✭✭✭✭
    Dubhliam wrote: »

Rewards and Drops

Difficulty of Content

The sets you obtained are not related to the quests.
    They drop from dolmen chests, delve and public dungeons as well as world bosses.

Sure, the dailies send you to those places, but you don't have to have the quest to be able to obtain that loot.

Which is a shame, I believe dailies should have Superior and Epic set items tied to the rewards.

Thanks for clarifying that point.

Nevertheless, the point still remains - "Who on Earth (or Nirn) uses green 'set-jewellery' at Lv160?"
    The only reason I can think of is as a temporary measure, to obtain the set's 5 item bonus, until such time that they can obtain Purple, or ideally Gold.
    PC - EU (Main) & PC - NA
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Something that may help is putting the quest givers in every major guildhall (ie, one in each zone). This would make them much easier to find. Turn-in can still be in the capital only, as long as it's clearly directed in the journal.
  • Dubhliam
    Dubhliam
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Something that may help is putting the quest givers in every major guildhall (ie, one in each zone). This would make them much easier to find. Turn-in can still be in the capital only, as long as it's clearly directed in the journal.

051c2304dd533a599994a195475bbeacc23697-wm.jpg?v=3
  • Tai-Chi
    Tai-Chi
    ✭✭✭✭

Yes, this is one solution to the problem. I am sure there are other ways too.

If memory serves me correctly, the Hall Stewards in the FG and MG gave out information about joining the Guilds. A quest marker led the player to the Steward. The Steward could give out pertinent info about the Daily Quests. For Orsinium we received an invitation letter. There could be a Billboard placed outside each Guild. I do not mind which option, so long as it is clearer than at present.
    PC - EU (Main) & PC - NA