Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Light armor passives really need a buff

SilentBoomstick
SilentBoomstick
✭✭✭
I'm not really a big fan of magicka builds but I have my sorcerer because I have dark deal to give me back to stamina to break free. It's okay I guess but not every magicka build has access to dark deal. I know people don't want light armor to be buffed which is really stupid because it would help a lot of people. Why is there only a passive that gives me spell resistance? Why does it not give me physical resistance as well? What about the Breton passives? Why can't they just give them recovery and then increase then increase the reduction from the cost of magicka? Also what about the medium armor passive that gives us weapon damage? Can they please make it give us spell damage as well?

I know that we are not supposed to get much protection from wearing a bath robe but still it's not right how the passives look for light armor.
  • Minalan
    Minalan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Light armor wearers should be either healing (Templar) or shielding to prevent damage.

None of the LA passives affect shields directly though, and they really should. Extra strength. Extra duration.
  • Malamar1229
    Malamar1229
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    actually if you want to play to balance, full light armor although lacking physical resistances should be granting higher spell dmg.

The other issue is the insanity of gap closures which honestly just need to go. Stamina is too OP to be allowed to be glued to a caster.
  • Master_Kas
    Master_Kas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Changing them won't do much.

- Magicka needs a similar CP passive like unchained (the drink a pot to reduce cost of a spell is trash)
    - Dodgerolling and ccbreaking is a magbuilds/light armor main weakness imo.

Yeah a change to the passives would be nice and all but stamina will still reign thanks to unchained, ccbreaking alot more and ofc passive RNG dodgechance.
    EU | PC
  • SilentBoomstick
    SilentBoomstick
    ✭✭✭
    Master_Kas wrote: »

- Magicka needs a similar CP passive like unchained (the drink a pot to reduce cost of a spell is trash)

Yeah a change to the passives would be nice and all but stamina will still reign thanks to unchained, ccbreaking alot more and ofc passive RNG dodgechance.

If anything they need to give us better (or the same for that matter) ability to dodge roll or break free.

There are however things like shield stacking which is pretty op imo if you put about 100 cp into bastion which makes up for the squishiness. But still when you compare how easy it is for a stamina user to play vs a magicka user there is definitely a big difference simply because they have the stamina needed to cc break.
  • altemriel
    altemriel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

there should be a light armor passive, which when wearing at least 5 pieces of light armor, changes the dodge roll to feed on magicka, instead on stamina!!!

@Wrobel @ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_RichLambert
  • SilentBoomstick
    SilentBoomstick
    ✭✭✭
    altemriel wrote: »

there should be a light armor passive, which when wearing at least 5 pieces of light armor, changes the dodge roll to feed on magicka, instead on stamina!!!

@Wrobel @ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_RichLambert

They also really need to allow us glass cannons to perma dodge roll just like it was before IC.
  • WillhelmBlack
    WillhelmBlack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Light armour is great! Conjured Ward and Dragonblood aren't. Physical damage is also just way too powerful, even on heavy armour.
    PC EU
  • imredneckson
    imredneckson
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I love how it takes two light armor passives ( Recovery and Evocation ) to match just one medium armor passive ( Wind Walker ).
    Edited by imredneckson on September 28, 2016 12:17AM
    Legions of Mordor Guild Officer
    Member of the GvG Community

Dunmer NB - Merser Frey (DC)
    Dunmer DK - Akaviri Battlereeve (DC)- http://orig05.deviantart.net/7ecd/f/2016/013/b/f/you_***_kill_by_eso_picture-d9nrz0q.png
    Imperial Templar - Knight of the Blood Oath (DC)-
    http://orig00.deviantart.net/5ba3/f/2016/115/a/0/jesus_beam_ftw____by_eso_picture-da09ecj.png
    High Elf Templar - Aurí-El (AD)
    High Elf Templar - Teutonic Honor Guard (EP)
  • SilentBoomstick
    SilentBoomstick
    ✭✭✭
    Light armour is great! Conjured Ward and Dragonblood aren't. Physical damage is also just way too powerful, even on heavy armour.

For a sorcerer I have shield stacking with 100 cp into bastion and for a high elf templar I use that cancer build with 5pc black rose.
  • Malamar1229
    Malamar1229
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would keep low survivability on a light armor build if zos would reverse the bolt escape penalties.
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Minalan wrote: »
    Light armor wearers should be either healing (Templar) or shielding to prevent damage.

None of the LA passives affect shields directly though, and they really should. Extra strength. Extra duration.

That's one of the best suggestions I've heard in quite a while regarding armor tweaks...
    Edited by geonsocal on September 28, 2016 2:56AM
    PVP Campaigns Section: Playstation NA and EU (Gray Host) - This Must be the Place