Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Loot behind chat window when using xbox controller

Darcwolf
Darcwolf
✭✭✭
This bug has been here as long as controller has been enabled on pc. Basically if controller is enabled your loot will pop up on the left hand side UNDER your chat box, disable controller and it goes back to the right. This has nothing to do with ad ons as I will prove in the video I am posting, plus I am not the only one who has had this issue, and I can replicate it on several pcs, all with fresh installs.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uIAJyBgbDXs&feature=autoshare
  • Korax
    Korax
    ✭✭✭
    I can confirm, the issue is the same here... no addons.
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en-GB/discussion/comment/3350612/
  • Darcwolf
    Darcwolf
    ✭✭✭
    I was the one that posted that, I suddenly became ignored once I showed proof.
  • Korax
    Korax
    ✭✭✭
    Hence me re-referencing it ;)
    Edited by Korax on September 26, 2016 4:15PM
  • ElBiggus
    ElBiggus
    ✭✭✭
    Probably a stupid question, but why not just drag the chat box to the right?
  • Darcwolf
    Darcwolf
    ✭✭✭
    ElBiggus wrote: »
    Probably a stupid question, but why not just drag the chat box to the right?

Because it shouldn't be bugged like that to begin with, and it's been around since they added controller support, also what mmo have you ever played where chat isn't in the left hand corner, why not just keep loot in the right hand corner like it is without a controller.
  • Korax
    Korax
    ✭✭✭
    Its just not right having chats on the right.
    Edited by Korax on October 4, 2016 5:51PM
  • ElBiggus
    ElBiggus
    ✭✭✭
    "Chat on the right" seems more natural to me -- it's on that side on Twitch and live YouTube streams, it pops up in the bottom right on Facebook, and one of the first things I did when I started playing was shift it over. TBH I'd never actually noticed the loot notifications anyway -- I run in 4K and the UI doesn't scale very well so they're almost unreadable, and unless you've got autoloot turned on you'll already know what you've picked up so they seem redundant.

(Also note that gamepad support is still in beta, so it's a "use it at your peril" thing anyway, and given that pretty much no other MMOs support gamepads at all you're lucky to get anything :tongue: )