Logged out for no reason

knavery
knavery
✭✭
So... A lot of people have been complaining about this issue. I'd like a resolution for it. I don't want this to happen in the middle of a dungeon, which it has on occasion. This never ever happened in WoW. Now that I'm paying for a ESO Plus membership, I'd like a product that doesn't kick me off without warning. I'm fine with bugs here and there, but this is pretty glaring.
  • strikeback1247
    strikeback1247
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've never experienced this, but that sounds really annoying. What platform and server are you on?
    P.A.W.S. - Positively Against Wild Sasquatches - NO TO BIGFOOT!
  • WuffyCerulei
    WuffyCerulei
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Being kicked from the game depends on a variety of factors, but more so on your internet connection and how good your computer is. I get kicked so much from the game that my guildies joke about it now xD
    Edited by WuffyCerulei on September 25, 2016 9:52PM
    For the love of Kyne, buff sorc. PC NACP 2100+Star-Sïnger - Khajiit Magicka Sorc - EP Grand Overlord - Flawless Conqueror vMA/vBRP/vDSA no death/vHel Ra HM/vAA HM/vSO HM/vMoL HM/vHoF HM/vAS +2/vCR+3/vSS HMs/vKA HMs/vVH/vRG Oax HM/vDSR
  • knavery
    knavery
    ✭✭
    I get about 175Mbps down with 10Ms ping. I have a decent computer (specs below). The thing is... This does not happen with other online games. I know people like to be quick to judge that it's on the consumer's side, but that is not always the case. And we're not all naive when it comes to computers.

I don't know if my connection is going in and out or if it's constant. It's very hard to tell when running a speed test. Do any of you know if there's some ports I can open to help prevent this issue?

3.20 gigahertz Intel Core i5-6500
    Crucial_CT512MX100SSD1 [Hard drive] (512.11 GB)
    Samsung SSD 850 EVO 250GB [Hard drive] (250.06 GB)
    16316 Megabytes Usable Installed Memory
    ASUS Z170-AR
    NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970

Edited by knavery on September 25, 2016 11:01PM
  • Illuzion0216
    Illuzion0216
    ✭✭
    Thing is, if you're on other MMOs and not experiencing such issues then you roughly know where the problem lies. But hopefully U12 will fix all these issues.
  • redspecter23
    redspecter23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've been experiencing something that sounds similar. It's exactly like what would happen if I lost internet connection. It appears to be a disconnect like that but all my other online activities are fine. It will do that disconnect "freeze" in game where I can walk around but not interact with anything and 30 seconds later, I get booted to login where I can simply log in again like nothing happened. It's EXTREMELY annoying. Does my description match yours? I was trying to narrow down the issue and am even keeping a log of the times of these game disconnections to try to find a pattern.
  • Essa
    Essa
    Soul Shriven
    Last time i did play ESO was March 2015, then i had to stop playing because of the frequent disconnects i was suffering from. I tried everything but didnt get it to work.
    Today i installed the game again, had a great time and wondered why i ever quit. Until my first disconnect, then it all came back to me.

Its a fresh install, no addons, and everything up to date on the computer. Nothing else disconnects during this time, its only ESO.

Glad i didnt sub for ESO Plus before i experienced this atleast.
  • ZOS_DaryaK
    ZOS_DaryaK
    admin
    Please submit a ticket to our support team and be sure to include your game consultant. Our technical support agents need the game consultant to try and identify why your game is getting disconnected. It is not possible for us to begin troubleshooting without that information.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • knavery
    knavery
    ✭✭
    ZOS_DaryaK wrote: »
    Please submit a ticket to our support team and be sure to include your game consultant. Our technical support agents need the game consultant to try and identify why your game is getting disconnected. It is not possible for us to begin troubleshooting without that information.

Thanks. I've submitted a ticket and attached the Game Consultant report. Hopefully you guys can find out why this is occurring, because it sure sucks.
  • ElBiggus
    ElBiggus
    ✭✭✭
    I'm getting the same symptoms, and it's infuriating -- sometimes it'll recover after everything freezes, but on average I seem to be getting about a minute's playable game before I need to log in again. (Ticket submitted, etc., but like everyone else in this thread, ESO is the only thing that's acting up.)
  • Phica_Lovic
    Phica_Lovic
    ✭✭✭✭
    Same
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

Phica -Max CP - Lvl 50 Argonian Sorc Healer since launch

• godfather902
    Hello,

sorry for bumping another players post but i have had a similar problem.

Since update 12 a few days ago, i keep getting thrown out to the login screen every 30 to 40 minutes. I didn't have any problems like this before but now it's pretty much guaranteed that i will be disconnected after the above mentioned time every time.

I tried repairing, tried a complete new installation, ran tracerts to see if there were problems but i cannot see anything out of the ordinary. I even contacted my ISP and everything seems to be in order. I should mention that i have also been playing Lotro and Swtor and i have zero issues with them so i would really like to find why this is happening, any ideas would be welcome.

Thanks
  • Crowgnosis
    Crowgnosis
    ✭✭
    I am also experiencing this problem since the update. NA PC server
    Nolite te Bastardes Carborundorm
  • knavery
    knavery
    ✭✭
    Ok so I opened a ticket with support and they gave me possible solutions, but each and every time they did, they just closed the ticket. I work in the IT field--specifically with ITIL. I can tell you, this is one of the worst ways to run a support center. It gives the customer the impression that they don't care about them. They just want to close the ticket whether the customer continues to experience the issues or not. What makes matters worse is they say you can reply to the email, and your ticket will be re-opened. Well, today I did that and they give this BS response that I need to open another ticket. These people are as bad as Comcast support. I'd like this escalated to a supervisor or manager, but they don't care about that either. It's really unfortunate and I'll probably be cancelling when my ESO Plus is up.

No one there really gives a *** about the customer and that's evident. They just want to run you in circles so they can meet their SLAs. Unfortunately, what they don't understand is we're the ones paying them.
    Edited by knavery on October 11, 2016 5:35PM
  • Sprotch_16_ESO
    Sprotch_16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Same problem ; 5 (five) drop to loginscreen in 5 minutes !

PC-EUserver....

ne1 else have this problem ?
  • Starfyrez
    Starfyrez
    Soul Shriven
    Having this problem also. Ping was fine in game though, it was around 89 which is normal for me. Just had 3 random kicks to log in screen in about 10 mins. It's not my connection, I am playing in window mode and watching a video which is not having problems buffering. Also EU server.
  • godfather902
    Monday and Tuesday everything seemed fine but today again i can't stay logged in for more than 10 minutes. I enter the game, run around doing quests and before 5 to 10 minutes go by i get kicked to the login screen.

I have done everything possible to find the cause of the problem. Opened a ticket as well with my specs, connection and the game consultant report but all the steps suggested are the steps that i have done already and nothing seems to fix this.

Let me just add that i have tried playing several other MMO's on this pc and while ESO disconnects, the other MMO's keep going without issues.

This is one of the most frustrating issues i have ran into.
  • knavery
    knavery
    ✭✭
    Still logging out for no reason what-so-ever.