How strongly do you align yourself to to a given Alliance?

• Theryl
    Theryl
    ✭✭✭
    Mercenary / Indifferent, play all alliances without a strong preference but help wherever you currently play.
    As a player, the factions are merely an easy way to organize sides for PvP and there's no difference between them.

My main character views the war as a pointless exercise in weenie-waggling over a largely symbolic throne. If pressed, she's dutifully loyal to the Covenant and will say all the right things. As an historian, she suspects that all three factions are simply going to fight until mutual exhaustion and economic collapse sets in.
  • Korah_Eaglecry
    Korah_Eaglecry
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Mercenary / Indifferent, play all alliances without a strong preference but help wherever you currently play.
    All of my characters belongs to a mercenary company. These sellswords go where the coin takes them. RP wise currently this group of mercenaries are working for the Ebonheart Pact and are headquartered out of Shadowfen (as there are already Mercenaries present and it would make sense the EP wouldnt want some sellsword army roaming the heart of their lands). The company has a history of working for both the EP and the DC (was present during King Ransers War) but has not contracted out to the Dominion (Seems the Dominion takes offense to the idea of paying free agent soldiers who have a history of killing Dominion troops in past battles).

For others they may believe in the cause. But for me, I can only see the profit in it.
    Penniless Sellsword Company
    Captain Paramount - Jorrhaq Vhent
    Korith Eaglecry * Enrerion Aedihle * Laerinel Rhaev * Caius Berilius * Seylina Ithvala * H'Vak the Grimjawl
    Tenarei Rhaev * Dazsh Ro Khar * Yynril Rothvani * Bathes-In-Coin * Anaelle Faerniil * Azjani Ma'Les
    Aban Shahid Bakr * Kheshna gra-Gharbuk * Gallisten Bondurant * Etain Maquier * Atsu Kalame * Faulpia Severinus
    What is better, to be born good, or to overcome your evil nature through great effort? - Paarthurnax
  • Arshiya
    Arshiya
    ✭✭
    I highly doubt any of my characters care that much about alliances, given they are all vampires which basically means even you are helping you are still evil in people's eyes should they discover you are a vampire. Which sadly game-wise isnt happening as not even npc vampires seem to recognize my characters as vampires, which is a letdown, but still in times of bigger worry people worry about alliances, well Coldharbour is a nice place where they can argue about their alliances.
    I mean my characters do care or least are interested in, who's the king at the moment, what wars are out there and such, but rarely anything beyond that.
    I am well aware that there is no need to feed that often. I just want to. Amy.
    Otherwise I play on PC platform on EU.
  • Kram8ion
    Kram8ion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Passionately Loyal to one Alliance to the point you refuse to play in any other.
    Though not for me personally, playing other alliances is probebly lots of fun but playing other alliances in the same campaign makes little kittens cry :'(
    ps4eu
    Kramm stam man kittyblade

• Alucardo
    Alucardo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Passionately Loyal to one Alliance to the point you refuse to play in any other.
    Swaggerfall Brovenant 4 life.
  • strikeback1247
    strikeback1247
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    FOR THE QUEEN!
    P.A.W.S. - Positively Against Wild Sasquatches - NO TO BIGFOOT!
  • RebornV3x
    RebornV3x
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pacifist / Anarchist - Other cases, don't want to help anyone or actively try to sabotage a host alliance.
    I don't like any of the 3 alliances very much I wish I could be a merc and play for the highest bidder
    Xbox One - NA GT: RebornV3x
    I also play on PC from time to time but I just wanna be left alone on there so sorry.
  • leeux
    leeux
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Strong loyalty to one Alliance but play other alliances too.
    More than Alliance loyalty, I prefer guild loyalty myself.

Most of my guilds are AD, only because I joined them when I was actively playing my AD main, and hence that's why I decided not to fight against them in PvP, thus only PvPing on AD side. But I have chars in all alliances and play them with no problems.

I suppose that at some point I'll need to level up my alliance skills on my DC and EP chars... I'll probably stick to healing when that happens :blush:
    PC/NA - Proud old member of the Antique Ordinatus Populus

My chars
    Liana Amnell (AD mSorc L50+, ex EP) =x= Lehnnan Klennett (AD mTemplar L50+ Healer/Support ) =x= Ethim Amnell (AD mDK L50+, ex DC)
    Leinwyn Valaene (AD mSorc L50+) =x= Levus Artorias (AD mDK-for-now L50+) =x= Madril Ulessen (AD mNB L50+) =x= Lyra Amnis (AD not-Stamplar-yet L50+)
    I only PvP on AD chars

~~ «And blossoms anew beneath tomorrow's sun >>»
    ~~ «I am forever swimming around, amidst this ocean world we call home... >>»
    ~~ "Let strength be granted so the world might be mended... so the world might be mended."
    ~~ "Slash the silver chain that binds thee to life"
    ~~ Our cries will shrill, the air will moan and crash into the dawn. >>
    ~~ The sands of time were eroded by the river of constant change >>
  • Daraugh
    Daraugh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Since the war is the work of Molag Bal to create chaos, I play every faction. That way I get to see, from each perspective and every angle, what this war means for the future. It's interesting how there are seeds being planted for future storylines in the lore and in the other games. I prefer to pvp for DC, Emeric would be able to create the most stability after the war and the least likely to allow slavery. I'll pvp on other factions, AD being my least favorite, but I'll choose playing with rl friends over sticking to a virtual philosophy.
    May all beings have happiness
    May they be free from suffering
    May they find the joy that has never known suffering
    May they be free from attachment and hatred
  • lolo_01b16_ESO
    lolo_01b16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    My AD char has the very convenient name "Covenant Traitor". I guess it's obvious which alliance I mostly support.
    Edited by lolo_01b16_ESO on October 15, 2016 12:02PM
  • Vorcil
    Vorcil
    ✭✭✭✭
    As an Imperial scholar, I don't have a particular affinity towards any alliance, but use logic.

I follow the Daggerfall Covenant, as I believe the High King Emeric, is the only one that has a real chance to dissolve the daedric plague infesting my Colovian homeland Cyrodiil.

Those Pact fools are too dim witted and fight with only brute force; the Dominion only seek to enslave all nations and export the resources and powers of Cyrodiil to their own homelands.

The Covenant however, seek to restore order and peace throughout the nations; to restore trade and ample supplies needed to my kinsmen; to observe the mantle of responsibility and take care of all the nations and inspire a prosperous safe life for all.

That is why I fight for the Covenant.
  • esp1992
    esp1992
    ✭✭✭
    Here are my thoughts on each Alliance...

Aldmeri
    LOVE: VALENWOOD!; first alliance I played in; Hunting the Mammoth, Troll, Wasp, and Senche!; Wood Elves and Cats (Don't Care for High Elves)
    HATE: Stranglers (AKA ***-WEEDS!)

Daggerfall
    LOVE: How creepy Rivenspire looks!

Ebonheart
    LOVE: SKYRIM!; NORDS!; How Trippy Morrowind Looks;
    MY CHARACTERS

Clouse the White Warden - Breton AD MAG Warden
    Jaro the Wild Changeling - Bosmer AD STAM Warden
  • SirAndy
    SirAndy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    carljokl wrote: »
    Can't vote, no option for me ...

Personally, i don't care about the alliances at all.

But, i have 4 mains across all 3 alliances, and my characters are extremely loyal to their respective alliance.
    shades.gif
    Edited by SirAndy on October 18, 2016 5:56PM
  • carljokl
    carljokl
    ✭✭✭
    SirAndy wrote: »

But, i have 4 mains across all 3 alliances, and my characters are extremely loyal to their respective alliance.
    shades.gif

@SirAndy wouldn't that be covered by vote option 3?
    My Characters

Xargothius: Breton - JOAT / Magsorc | Orchid the Fair: Orismer - Crafter / Heavy Tank | Voneri Vox: Dunmer - Magplar Healer | Rexorgiana: Imperial - Temptress / Magblade
    Phirkius: Altmer - MagSorc | Rexorigus: Imperial - Med Tank / StamKnight | Sven Svedishchef: Nord - Provisioner / Stamplar | Finds-All-Fungi: Argonian - Alchemist/ Stamblade
    Emerald-Wild-Guard: Bosmer - Wyrd / StamSorc | Nates Datum Festi: Imperial - Light Tank / StamKnight | Magnolia Desert-Blossom: Redguard - 2 Handed Stamplar | Shadow-Softpaw: Khajiit - StamBlade
    Sorcerer | Dragon Knight | Templar | Night Blade
  • SirAndy
    SirAndy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SirAndy wrote: »
    shades.gif
    @SirAndy wouldn't that be covered by vote option 3?
    Not really, my characters are loyal to their alliance. Mercenary does not seem to cover that sentiment.

I personally enjoy playing in all 3 alliances but my characters do not.
    smile.gif
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The only reason I have more characters in DC than any other alliance is Daggerfall is the easiest city to level Legerdemain in. However, I have characters all 3 Alliances.

I could not care less about Alliances, as evidenced by Pre-Ordering the game so I could get Any Race in Any Alliance.

Races mean far more to me than the Alliances, as my Roles are tied more to the Race than where they came from.
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• threefarms
    threefarms
    ✭✭✭
    Jorunn is ESO's Trump.
  • EldritchPenguin
    EldritchPenguin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm mostly just a huge fan of Dark Elves.
    Lilelle Adlis - Dark Elf Dragonknight

Vaynothah Sailenar - Dark Elf Templar

Sherivah Telvanni - Dark Elf Sorcerer

Nephiah Telvanni - Dark Elf Nightblade
  • Izaki
    Izaki
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    My main PvP character is AD (magicka sorcerer) but all my other characters are DC. Obviously I have to PvP on my DC characters to get Vigor, Caltrops and Warhorn. So I can say that I'm indifferent I guess.
    @ Izaki #PCEU
    #FrenchKiss #GoneFor2YearsAndMyGuildDoesn'tRaidAnymore
    #MoreDPSthanYou
    #Stamblade
  • Izaki
    Izaki
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    In my case, it's not so much loyalty to a specific alliance. It's my distaste for one specific one.

The Aldmeri Dominion. I spent too much time playing Skyrim to remotely EVER side with them.

So I got the adventurers pack & play as my expatriated Wood Elf in Daggerfall Covenant. (Cause Stros M'kai, N'Ghasta Cyrus & Dram.)

But, while all my current characters are in DC. I have no discernable loyalty to them above the Ebonheart Pact. I just find that the 3 standard races of the Ebonheart Pact make the least sense to be 'allies.' I get the decisions were made based off Geography more than potential lore from previous games/books/books-in-games.

They're a decent representation of an attitude matching Ben Franklin's statement following that 'infamous' letter from King George.
    "Yes indeed we must all hang together, or most assuredly we will all hang separately."

But that's me.

And if it was to establish Elven Dominion of Tamriel.. why are the Khajiit of Elseweyr. (Elsewhere) members and not the Dunmer of Morrowind? (Again Geography.)

You know this is quite a while before Skyrim and that the Aldmeri Dominion is not the same thing as Thalmor? Thalmor kinda took over later on. And also the Pact does kinda make sense because even in Skyrim times you had pretty strong connections between Dunmer and Argonians (not in a very friendly way obviously).
    @ Izaki #PCEU
    #FrenchKiss #GoneFor2YearsAndMyGuildDoesn'tRaidAnymore
    #MoreDPSthanYou
    #Stamblade
  • altemriel
    altemriel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    nope
  • Krist
    Krist
    ✭✭✭✭
    I play characters (alt junky), and even when I PvP, those characters have their own personalities. It comes from having a hardcore RP background.
    So while I chose "mercenary", it really does not fit who I am as a player. Basically as a player, I have no real loyalty outside of which character I am playing. I absolutely do not like AD, and would never play AD side. Nothing against the players, just do not like the story, the set up, or the fact that the faction is yellow. I actually play some of the AD races but for a different faction.

I probably prefer DC story lines, and seem to enjoy PvP'ing with them most, but I love the Nord race, of which my main, Krist, is a Nord, and was made before one could mix and match them.
    "Krist the Lionheart? No. Lionheart was my dog" -Krist
    "Darling, if looks were everything, I would be king of the world" -Luke
    "That place, between day and night, that purple color just before dark, that is where you will find me"- Hughe
  • Enslaved
    Enslaved
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I cannot play as anything but EP. Simply, there is no way for me to have any connection with DC or AD, if you do not count when my axe connects with their skulls.
  • Aztrias
    Aztrias
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My Redguard character is loyal to his own people first, DC second and my Imperial character believe that the DC is the best option to restore the Empire.
    My Dark Elf character is loyal to the Tribunal and the Dunmer people, but feels no kinship with Argonians or Nords.
    Welcome Moon-and-Star to this place where destiny is made

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/498360/r-i-p-pc-eu/p1
    Nerevar forget!
  • Luckylancer
    Luckylancer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    "Passionately Loyal to one Alliance to the point you refuse to play in any other. answer have red stain next to it." i hate it

DC and only DC. all my characters are DC. Covenant FTW!
  • Leandor
    Leandor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Made a choice during last public beta on PC. Stuck with it since.

Currently, I am so aggravated by my EP compatriots that I started an aldmeri char. Don't yet know if I will be comfortable to play it to any extent.

DC? Worst refuse to ever disgrace the surface of this poor planet. You'd have to wrest my account data from my cold dead hands before a DC char will be created on it.
  • carljokl
    carljokl
    ✭✭✭
    Leandor wrote: »
    Made a choice during last public beta on PC. Stuck with it since.

Currently, I am so aggravated by my EP compatriots that I started an aldmeri char. Don't yet know if I will be comfortable to play it to any extent.

DC? Worst refuse to ever disgrace the surface of this poor planet. You'd have to wrest my account data from my cold dead hands before a DC char will be created on it.

By that do you mean the PvP players? The DC story line is quite interesting even if the environments are more conservative and earth-like. Certainly the DC look bad when present in other alliances storylines especially the Ebonhart Pact. DC seems brutal towards them. I can't recall an attack from the Ebonhart Pact even featuring in the Daggerfall Covenant storyline. Just a bit of incursion in Genumbra from Aldmeri Dominion, which is in turn less aggressive than the Daggerfall Covenant invading a whole town in northern Aldurion.
    My Characters

Xargothius: Breton - JOAT / Magsorc | Orchid the Fair: Orismer - Crafter / Heavy Tank | Voneri Vox: Dunmer - Magplar Healer | Rexorgiana: Imperial - Temptress / Magblade
    Phirkius: Altmer - MagSorc | Rexorigus: Imperial - Med Tank / StamKnight | Sven Svedishchef: Nord - Provisioner / Stamplar | Finds-All-Fungi: Argonian - Alchemist/ Stamblade
    Emerald-Wild-Guard: Bosmer - Wyrd / StamSorc | Nates Datum Festi: Imperial - Light Tank / StamKnight | Magnolia Desert-Blossom: Redguard - 2 Handed Stamplar | Shadow-Softpaw: Khajiit - StamBlade
  • carljokl
    carljokl
    ✭✭✭
    threefarms wrote: »
    Jorunn is ESO's Trump.

I am glad this liable flame bait was resisted. Albeit I recall political discussions are against the forum rules anyway.

I don't think for me at least Jorunn reminds me of any living leaders. He seems to just optimise the Nord stereotype.

This makes me think of a discussion I had with my guild where we considered which Elder Scrolls races were most like different earth races. When talking about Americans I said Americans were a Nation not a Race so that would go back to ancestral racial decent. The person I was discussing with said he quite liked the idea of playing a Nord due to being of Scandinavian descent. He was put off though given he didn't like the way Nords get portrayed. They are usually shown as strong and fierce but not appearing so intelligent or sophisticated. They seem to engage lots of drunken revelry. At least the Nords have Shallidor to show not all Nords are like that.

Do we tend to pick races that we identify with? I think the Breton's remind me of Europeans from Central to North West Europe i.e. British, French and German. The Imperials seem inspired by Romans. Dark Elves have some Greek influence in their clothing. Both High and Dark elves are suggested to have some far eastern influence in their architectural styles. I don't know if we have anything quite like Bosmer on Earth. Redguards have African and Middle Eastern influence. The Orismer are not really like any human races but borrow some structures from non centralised tribal communities. Argonians and Khajiit are also quite alien. Historical Argonian architecture looks like ancient South American civilisations. The mud huts are not really like anything on earth. The spiritual Argonian nature trying to be at one with the land feels a bit of Native American cultures. The Altmer and Aylids remind me of British or European gentry / nobility.
    Edited by carljokl on November 25, 2016 3:19PM
    My Characters

• ArrerBoy
    ArrerBoy
    ✭✭✭
    As an Imperial I have no loyalty to anyone but the Empire. Whoever claims the title of Emperor has my loyalty, however brief it may be.
    Edited by ArrerBoy on November 28, 2016 9:51PM
  • CheverTheShrimp
    I am a sucker for dark elves and the land of morrowind, so EP is my main choice but I play all others equally.

Though I like to personally Rp my DC Khajiit defecting when I play in other faction areas
    Edited by CheverTheShrimp on December 1, 2016 2:02PM
    ~ Vvaelud | Dark Elf | Scorcerer | EP | Vampire | Lv 50 ~
    ~ Z'ahzun-Fa the Tiny | Khajiit | Dragonknight | DC | Werewolf | Lv 22~
    ~ Fryyn the Red | Wood Elf | Nightblade | AD | Werewolf | Lv 13~
    ~ Sir Chever the Mad | Dark Elf | Nightblade | EP | Vampire | Lv 17 ~
    ~ Ilvana Tesaani | Dark Elf | Templar | EP| Werewolf| Lv 12 ~
    CP - 144

Priests of Hircine
    PC EU Free werewolf bite guild
    Get your free bite today
    Guild Subreddit | Forum Thread

Aussie Player