Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

RIP light armor :( ( PvP )

Ihatenightblades
Ihatenightblades
✭✭✭✭✭
I feel like even if i wear all impen or all reinforced theres no way to sustain without shields.

Is shields the onlyyy viable option for light armor?

• Lexxypwns
    Lexxypwns
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes
  • Rex-Umbra
    Rex-Umbra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Light armour requires shields.
    Xbox GT: Rex Umbrah
    GM of IMPERIUM since 2015.
  • NoRagret
    NoRagret
    ✭✭✭
    lol really? about a year and a half ago light armors got a buff increasing its defense by 120%ish. back then people didnt QQ that much and even with uber low phys resistance people would L2P
  • Jsmalls
    Jsmalls
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    NoRagret wrote: »
    lol really? about a year and a half ago light armors got a buff increasing its defense by 120%ish. back then people didnt QQ that much and even with uber low phys resistance people would L2P

@NoRagret
    You talking about the nirnhorned days where each piece gave you % increases to your entire resistances? Those days? Because as long as you rocked 5 1 1 and several pieces of nirnhorned your resistances were pretty awesome no matter what armor you used... And damage shields were 20k and lasted 20 seconds.

Yeah those are the days I thought you were talking about.
  • Kram8ion
    Kram8ion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    light armour passive also gives teabag ressistance for 8sec
    ps4eu
    Kramm stam man kittyblade

• thankyourat
    thankyourat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you run light armor why would you not run annulment it's actually kind of op
  • BRogueNZ
    BRogueNZ
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    be nice if a passive buffed our proactive buffs in LA, we can shield/ward up but its almost an exercise in spam keeping it all up
  • DHale
    DHale
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No shield.... Back to the transitus for you ap for me.
    Sorcerna, proud beta sorc. RIP April 2014 to May 31 2016 DArk Brotherhood. Out of retirement for negates and encases. Sorcerna will be going back into retirement to be my main crafter Fall 2018. Because an 8 k shield is f ing useless. Died because of baddies on the forum. Too much qq too little pew pew. 16 AD 2 DC. 0 EP cause they bad, CP 2300 plus 18 level 50 toons. NA, PC, Grey Host#SORCLIVESMATTER actually they don’t or they wouldn’t keep getting nerfed constantly.
  • old_mufasa
    old_mufasa
    ✭✭✭✭
    And yet shields only last 6 sec meaning they are reactionary not preventative... so being forced to use shields but then making them last for such a short time meaning you have to use them reactionary...

It's why the meta shifting to heavy armor mainly black rose for all class's... as passive defense is going always be better when being ambushed as it buys you time to use your reactionary defensive tools.

Yes I know about the Devs so called hard data.. the problem with that hard data.. trends... the shift to running heavy armor on all builds has been slow but its building... as more and more are finding out about how much better it is.

The another issue with the data mine is from reading it... is that it didn't show how much of that was 5 set or 7 set or mixed.. as most wear 5+1+1 meaning most wear a mix of all armor types... especially with heavy armor vs other armor types such as 7 light/7 med to max stam or magic builds. I don't know anyone who wears 7 heavy.. they all wear 5 heavy with 1 med, 1 light.
  • BigBragg
    BigBragg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I would say that the most glaring disparity of light armor, when compared to medium and heavy, is that it has no passives that double dips benefits for only one skill points being pumped in.
  • Ihatenightblades
    Ihatenightblades
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I do i run dampen magic and ward ally but i was asking is there anothr option

Something like sword n shield or something lol. Just tired of having to break free soon as i get CC'd and apply shields

• SlayerTheDragon
    SlayerTheDragon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Light armor... I laughed.
    ¤═══¤ People don't like it when you talk to them with your weapon drawn ¤═══¤
  • Ihatenightblades
    Ihatenightblades
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Magicka sorcs are doing great in light armor
  • itscompton
    itscompton
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Depends on your definition. I play with a friend who can beat other top players that crush me 1v1 but when we're together and get into fights with 2 or more people and we lose he goes down way before I do on my heavy armor Mag Temp.

• Volrion
    Volrion
    ✭✭✭✭
    I hate you to @Ihatenightblades :*

I only hate them because i mainly 1v1 with guilds and to heres ALWAYSS a nightblade who ganks me and everybody else lol

That incapacitated strike combo is just too deadly :/

Haha it's so funny when it happens though.

*** chaos.
  • Ihatenightblades
    Ihatenightblades
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    itscompton wrote: »

Depends on your definition. I play with a friend who can beat other top players that crush me 1v1 but when we're together and get into fights with 2 or more people and we lose he goes down way before I do on my heavy armor Mag Temp.

Light armor sorcs got that infinite sustain lol plus infinite shields .

I realized only way to take them out is drain ther stam,CC, then finish em off .
  • NinjaMyk
    NinjaMyk
    ✭✭✭
    old_mufasa wrote: »
    The another issue with the data mine is from reading it... is that it didn't show how much of that was 5 set or 7 set or mixed.. as most wear 5+1+1 meaning most wear a mix of all armor types... especially with heavy armor vs other armor types such as 7 light/7 med to max stam or magic builds. I don't know anyone who wears 7 heavy.. they all wear 5 heavy with 1 med, 1 light.

That's not always the case a lot of players actually run the 7 heavy especially if your using black rose at it improves the constitution buff even further the more heavy you wear.
  • ZOS_Ragnar
    ZOS_Ragnar
    admin
    We removed several posts that were off-topic. Please keep all disagreements civil, constructive, and on-topic .
    The Elder Scrolls Online - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • the_man_of_steal
    the_man_of_steal
    ✭✭✭
    NoRagret wrote: »

Give them the full story my man... a year and a half ago when that change was made, there was no buff to poison damage because elemental damage was in the CP node with melee damage and Poison damage was in the same CP node as magicka... SO the 120% buff was great before they buffed stamina.

FYI: I have 4 stam toons and 1 Mag toon.
  • Alucardo
    Alucardo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Light armor should have to rely on shields.. it's LIGHT. What magicka does need is better sustain to help keep those shields up seems they can't dodge roll and keep shuffle on to evade everything like stamina can.
    Wish there was more options for melee magicka builds too. I don't like being pigeon holed into using a piece of wood. I prefer close combat.
  • OldGamerESO
    OldGamerESO
    ✭✭✭
    I keep clicking on posts like this with a Z icon thinking they will be talking about the subject. They should use a different icon for MOD posts, like a blue Z means MOD and red Z means they are posting on the topic.
  • Xvorg
    Xvorg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Not in a million years is OP. OP is dodgeroll and avoid every single attack for a couple of secs. The bubble forces you to play defensively, watching your bar and counting to 6. Samina dodge rolls and for a couple of secs FORGETS defensive tactics even if there are 5 or 6 guys around. You can't do that with a bubble.

I play both, stam and magicka and the differece between both is huge.
    Sarcasm is something too serious to be taken lightly

I was born with the wrong sign
    In the wrong house
    With the wrong ascendancy
    I took the wrong road
    That led to the wrong tendencies
    I was in the wrong place at the wrong time
    For the wrong reason and the wrong rhyme
    On the wrong day of the wrong week
    Used the wrong method with the wrong technique
  • CapuchinSeven
    CapuchinSeven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Xvorg wrote: »

Not in a million years is OP. OP is dodgeroll and avoid every single attack for a couple of secs. The bubble forces you to play defensively, watching your bar and counting to 6. Samina dodge rolls and for a couple of secs FORGETS defensive tactics even if there are 5 or 6 guys around. You can't do that with a bubble.

I agree, I take a big hit to my damage if I slot it because it takes up a slot that I really need for other things. It's NICE when I have it but you have to spam it when you're focused and totally go defensive.

Dodge roll is a huge amount better by a long way.
  • Minalan
    Minalan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    The problem is: more people are using light armor still than heavy.

The devs think, therefore it's balanced.

But what they didn't ask, is how many light armor builds are magicka Templars...
  • MLCBS
    MLCBS
    Soul Shriven
    I
    Alucardo wrote: »
    Light armor should have to rely on shields.. it's LIGHT. What magicka does need is better sustain to help keep those shields up seems they can't dodge roll and keep shuffle on to evade everything like stamina can.
    Wish there was more options for melee magicka builds too. I don't like being pigeon holed into using a piece of wood. I prefer close combat.

Cool insight .
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ugh, I'm one of those poor fools who runs 7 light (on 2 characters :'( )...

it doesn't really seem to bother my mDK...but, my magsorc has to stay on the move constantly...

just wondering, do boundless storm and empowered ward stack?
    Edited by geonsocal on September 23, 2016 7:10PM
    PVP Campaigns Section: Playstation NA and EU (Gray Host) - This Must be the Place
  • Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Xvorg wrote: »

I agree, I take a big hit to my damage if I slot it because it takes up a slot that I really need for other things. It's NICE when I have it but you have to spam it when you're focused and totally go defensive.

Dodge roll is a huge amount better by a long way.

Dodge is the best mitigation only because it's the only mitigation that can negate the entire dmg of a spell. Everything else has to run through the gauntlet of the "armor mitigation" equation, whereas dodge chance is literally "can you dodge? If yes, don't take any dmg, if no, take dmg."
    Minno - DC - Forum-plar Extraordinaire
    - Guild-lead for MV
    - Filthy Casual
  • FriedEggSandwich
    FriedEggSandwich
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    geonsocal wrote: »
    ugh, I'm one of those poor fools who runs 7 light (on 2 characters :'( )...

it doesn't really seem to bother my mDK...but, my magsorc has to stay on the move constantly...

just wondering, do boundless storm and empowered ward stack?

Yeah they stack because they offer different buffs. Boundless storm gives around 5k resistances (like wearing 2 pieces of heavy without the passives), and the ward is a straight damage absorb. In pvp I wear 2 large pieces of heavy and keep boundless storm up constantly. Combine that with a defending resto staff on back bar, some impen and the vampire undeath passive and suddenly you actually have time to cast your ward.
    Edited by FriedEggSandwich on September 23, 2016 7:50PM
    PC | EU
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    thanks @FriedEggSandwich (hmmmm, is it time for lunch yet)...magsorc play has me just as perplexed now as NB did earlier this year...I've begun to incorporate mixed armor builds in my newer characters- but, I'm a little too stubborn to change up some of my older builds...I'll just keep working towards better solutions...
    Edited by geonsocal on September 23, 2016 8:10PM
    PVP Campaigns Section: Playstation NA and EU (Gray Host) - This Must be the Place