Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Sword and Shield Stam Sorc Build?

Ohhgrizyyy
Ohhgrizyyy
✭✭✭✭
Anyone have any sword and board Stamsorc PvP dps builds? The sword and board being the primary dps, 2h as backbar preferably? Mostly just need info such as skills, armor/weapon sets and traits. Ty
Playing on PS4 NA server and current characters are CP 750

Lvl 50 EP High Elf Magsorc PvP (outdated)
Lvl 50 EP Wood Elf Nightblade (Currently my crafter)
Lvl 50 EP High Elf Magplar PvP (outdated healbot)
Lvl 50 EP Redguard Stam DK PvE (updating)
Lvl 50 EP Dark Elf Mag DK PvP

All my builds are outdated...I quit for a year lmao

PSN ID: SDL_Griz
  • Shader_Shibes
    Shader_Shibes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Armour sets im using are full on cheese mode: 5x Black Rose - 2x Velidreth - 5x Vipers (Sword/Shield/Jewelry) Any 2h on back bar,, pref Maelstrom one.
  • Ohhgrizyyy
    Ohhgrizyyy
    ✭✭✭✭
    Armour sets im using are full on cheese mode: 5x Black Rose - 2x Velidreth - 5x Vipers (Sword/Shield/Jewelry) Any 2h on back bar,, pref Maelstrom one.

What abilities do you use on sword and shield bar?

• Tonnopesce
    Tonnopesce
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Cheese build for every class, build diversity FTW
    Signature

• Jar_Ek
    Jar_Ek
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ask @CasNation I think he runs a full on dps s+b build. I sometimes run s+b but I run a more tanky build than pure dps.
  • Brrrofski
    Brrrofski
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Ohhgrizyyy wrote: »

Ransack, heroic slash, reverberating bash and maybe invasion for a gap closer. If you have a maelstrom 2h crit rush may be better though.
  • Ohhgrizyyy
    Ohhgrizyyy
    ✭✭✭✭
    no defensive posture? And do you spam ransack as main dps or?

• NinjaMyk
    NinjaMyk
    ✭✭✭
    I recently started using s&s on a stam sorc and am using black rose (obviously it's really hard to not) the fury pvp set on jewels and weapons and then switch between maulabeth, bloodspawn and veldrith monster helms depending what I'm doing. (I try to avoid maulabeth but when there is a Zerg of opposition players with it on you need to fight fire with fire)

Skills I use are ransack/heroic slash(prefer ransack as cheaper and debuffs their armor) shielded assault, bound armour stam morph, dark deal and reverb bash with dawnbreaker ult I have tried both morphs and prefer smiting but both reverb and shielded assault are cc so if you can live without the aoe cc and bigger initial burst you may prefer flawless

Back bar I switch between dual wield and sword and board but I don't use 2h as I want fury bonus at all times and skills are hurricane, vigor, bound armor, crit surge and a flex slot. Depending on what I'm doing flex slot can be low slash, steel tornado, blood craze, defensive stance, immovable, caltrops or anything else you want there

It's not for everyone but if you soak up a bit of damage and let your wrath passive and fury 5pc build you can hit way harder than people were expecting. Only things that cost magic are the 33 second long surge and dark deal so the deal is pretty much always available to help with sustain. I wear 7 heavy impen which helps black rose passive and gives me enough defence I can stroll around making people mad while blocking, vigor, dark deal and then when the passives are up burst someone out of nowhere.

Final note I run tripots if you do as well empty your mag pool with dark deal first as a pot fills it back up so its just free stam
    Edited by NinjaMyk on September 22, 2016 8:42AM
  • SlayerTheDragon
    SlayerTheDragon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My Radiant Destruction still slices through all that CHEESE.
    ¤═══¤ People don't like it when you talk to them with your weapon drawn ¤═══¤
  • Alucardo
    Alucardo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

From full health? Good luck with that bruh
  • NinjaMyk
    NinjaMyk
    ✭✭✭

I'm not saying your wrong but I struggle to believe you can radiant destruction spam from full health a half decent player wearing black rose & maulabeth so...

Pics or I didn't happen XD
  • Shad0wfire99
    Shad0wfire99
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @FENGRUSH has a pretty cool s&b Sorc build. You're not going to do a lot of damage, as it's more of a support build made for running in small groups, but it's a fun build and really effective. Dragon Disruptor, I believe, is the name of it.

XBox NA
  • Juhasow
    Juhasow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

In full impen heavy armor + minor maim from heroic slash Your defensive is high enough to not have defensive posture and if You'll be ambushed by buch of players You'll die anyways so reflecting spell projectiles will not save You.Also there is much less magic projectile users now then before due to stamina FotM. Ransack is main dps skill due to cheap cost and major fracture debuff , heroic slash is used to apply debuffs to target anf buff to You ulti regen. I was running bloodspawn/black rose/2 agility 3 endurance and it was working good. Bloodspawn allows to charge dawnbreaker really fast and additional resists are also nice. My gap closer was crit rush on back bar. For now i would reccomned to not create final build for stam sorc on PvP because update that is coming will change setups so spending gold to improve gear to gold is waste of moneys if You'll need to change it in 2 weeks.
  • Brrrofski
    Brrrofski
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Nah, most build are stam now. I don't have room for it on my bar in all honesty.

Gap close > light atrack, ransack, bash > light attack, reverb, bash > light attack, heroic slash, bash.

Repeat that basically
  • Asardes
    Asardes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Got killed by one last night and was surprised to see ransack in the death recap.
    Beta tester since February 2014, played ESO-TU October 2015 - August 2022, currently on an extended break
    vMA (The Flawless Conqueror) | vVH (Spirit Slayer & of the Undying Song) | vDSA | vAA HM | vHRC HM | vSO HM | vMoL | vAS+1 | Emperor

PC-EU CP 3000+
    41,000+ Achievement Points before High Isle
    Member of:
    Pact Veteran Trade: Exemplary
    Traders of the Covenant: God of Sales
    Tamriels Emporium: God of Sales
    Valinor Overflow: Trader
    The Traveling Merchant: Silver

Characters:
    Asardes | 50 Nord Dragonknight | EP AR 50 | Master Crafter: all traits & recipes, all styles released before High Isle
    Alxaril Nelcarion | 50 High Elf Sorcerer | AD AR 20 |
    Dro'Bear Three-paws | 50 Khajiit Nightblade | AD AR 20 |
    Veronique Nicole | 50 Breton Templar | DC AR 20 |
    Sabina Flavia Cosades | 50 Imperial Warden | EP AR 20 |
    Ervesa Neloren | 50 Dark Elf Dragonknight | EP AR 20 |
    Fendar Khodwin | 50 Redguard Sorcerer | DC AR 20 |
    Surilanwe of Lillandril | 50 High Elf Nightblade | AD AR 20 |
    Joleen the Swift | 50 Redguard Templar | DC AR 20 |
    Draynor Telvanni | 50 Dark Elf Warden | EP AR 20 |
    Claudius Tharn | 50 Necromancer | DC AR 20 |
    Nazura-la the Bonedancer | 50 Necromancer | AD AR 20 |

Tharkul gro-Shug | 50 Orc Dragonknight | DC AR 4 |
    Ushruka gra-Lhurgash | 50 Orc Sorcerer | AD AR 4 |
    Cienwen ferch Llywelyn | 50 Breton Nightblade | DC AR 4 |
    Plays-with-Sunray | 50 Argonian Templar | EP AR 4 |
    Milariel | 50 Wood Elf Warden | AD AR 4 |
    Scheei-Jul | 50 Necromancer | EP AR 4 |

PC-NA CP 1800+
    30,000+ Achievement Points before High Isle
    Member of:
    Savage Blade: Majestic Machette

Characters:
    Asardes the Exile | 50 Nord Dragonknight | EP AR 30 |
  • Shader_Shibes
    Shader_Shibes
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Umm, Invasion, Heroic Slash, Pierce Armour, Hurricane and Armaments.
  • CasNation
    CasNation
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jar_Ek wrote: »
    Ask @CasNation I think he runs a full on dps s+b build. I sometimes run s+b but I run a more tanky build than pure dps.

I don't have a SnB stam sorc dps for pvp actually. I don't think I ever ran one except in pve cadwells gold for fun.

I do however have a snb/bow nb dps/ganker for pvp. A few disclaimers in that one though: it's a BWB toon, so I can afford to be a bit weird with my setups. For example, I don't have major brutality. I can afford to do this because blackwater fights are a bit more about sustain anyways. I also only slot snb for reflect, because it offers a great defense against inexperienced players. I can't tell you how many times I have baited an overload spammer into killing themselves on me.

That said, I THINK you could make it work. I am not a super experienced PvPer though, so I am probably not the one to ask for a lot of advice on. My limited advice is this though: practice the skill ->LA ->bash combo endlessly. It adds so much more damage. Also, figure out whether you want to run ransack or heroic slash as a spam. As a nb, I just use surprise attack. Ransack is probably best.
    PC NA AD
    Gamma Fyr: Dunmer Sorcerer Stamina DPS (the Missing Sister...props to those who get the reference)
    Samekh Fyr: Dunmer Nightblade Magicka DPS
    Claire Le'Rouge: Breton Templar Heal/Tank (the Resplendent Bastion)
    Augustus Constantine: Imperial Nightblade PvP (Blackwater Bandit)
    Shadow-of-Sundered-Star: Altmer Dragonknight Lowbie
  • Asardes
    Asardes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    CasNation wrote: »
    For example, I don't have major brutality. I can afford to do this because blackwater fights are a bit more about sustain anyways. I also only slot snb for reflect, because it offers a great defense against inexperienced players. I can't tell you how many times I have baited an overload spammer into killing themselves on me.

So no critical surge, you mean no self heal on critical hits? Isn't healing basically the most important sustain?

Beta tester since February 2014, played ESO-TU October 2015 - August 2022, currently on an extended break
    vMA (The Flawless Conqueror) | vVH (Spirit Slayer & of the Undying Song) | vDSA | vAA HM | vHRC HM | vSO HM | vMoL | vAS+1 | Emperor

PC-EU CP 3000+
    41,000+ Achievement Points before High Isle
    Member of:
    Pact Veteran Trade: Exemplary
    Traders of the Covenant: God of Sales
    Tamriels Emporium: God of Sales
    Valinor Overflow: Trader
    The Traveling Merchant: Silver

Characters:
    Asardes | 50 Nord Dragonknight | EP AR 50 | Master Crafter: all traits & recipes, all styles released before High Isle
    Alxaril Nelcarion | 50 High Elf Sorcerer | AD AR 20 |
    Dro'Bear Three-paws | 50 Khajiit Nightblade | AD AR 20 |
    Veronique Nicole | 50 Breton Templar | DC AR 20 |
    Sabina Flavia Cosades | 50 Imperial Warden | EP AR 20 |
    Ervesa Neloren | 50 Dark Elf Dragonknight | EP AR 20 |
    Fendar Khodwin | 50 Redguard Sorcerer | DC AR 20 |
    Surilanwe of Lillandril | 50 High Elf Nightblade | AD AR 20 |
    Joleen the Swift | 50 Redguard Templar | DC AR 20 |
    Draynor Telvanni | 50 Dark Elf Warden | EP AR 20 |
    Claudius Tharn | 50 Necromancer | DC AR 20 |
    Nazura-la the Bonedancer | 50 Necromancer | AD AR 20 |

Tharkul gro-Shug | 50 Orc Dragonknight | DC AR 4 |
    Ushruka gra-Lhurgash | 50 Orc Sorcerer | AD AR 4 |
    Cienwen ferch Llywelyn | 50 Breton Nightblade | DC AR 4 |
    Plays-with-Sunray | 50 Argonian Templar | EP AR 4 |
    Milariel | 50 Wood Elf Warden | AD AR 4 |
    Scheei-Jul | 50 Necromancer | EP AR 4 |

PC-NA CP 1800+
    30,000+ Achievement Points before High Isle
    Member of:
    Savage Blade: Majestic Machette

Characters:
    Asardes the Exile | 50 Nord Dragonknight | EP AR 30 |
  • CasNation
    CasNation
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Asardes wrote: »
    CasNation wrote: »
    For example, I don't have major brutality. I can afford to do this because blackwater fights are a bit more about sustain anyways. I also only slot snb for reflect, because it offers a great defense against inexperienced players. I can't tell you how many times I have baited an overload spammer into killing themselves on me.

So no critical surge, you mean no self heal on critical hits? Isn't healing basically the most important sustain?

Well, as I mentioned this is a NB BWB build, so...no. I don't have crit surge :tongue:

If I were a sorc, then yeah, run that crit surge baby. As a NB I use piercing mark, killers blade and vigor for heals in bwb.
    PC NA AD
    Gamma Fyr: Dunmer Sorcerer Stamina DPS (the Missing Sister...props to those who get the reference)
    Samekh Fyr: Dunmer Nightblade Magicka DPS
    Claire Le'Rouge: Breton Templar Heal/Tank (the Resplendent Bastion)
    Augustus Constantine: Imperial Nightblade PvP (Blackwater Bandit)
    Shadow-of-Sundered-Star: Altmer Dragonknight Lowbie
  • Ohhgrizyyy
    Ohhgrizyyy
    ✭✭✭✭
    @FENGRUSH has a pretty cool s&b Sorc build. You're not going to do a lot of damage, as it's more of a support build made for running in small groups, but it's a fun build and really effective. Dragon Disruptor, I believe, is the name of it.

I actually plan on making that build in the future. But I currently have a stam sorc and want to try a few new things out in pvp like dps with s&s

• FENGRUSH
    FENGRUSH
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Ill be making one next patch for sure. I think new sets offer some more boom in it - but its definitely still possible now.
  • Ohhgrizyyy
    Ohhgrizyyy
    ✭✭✭✭
    THE LORD HAS REPLIED!

• Sallington
    Sallington
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Currently running:
    5x Willow's Path
    3x Endurance
    1x Maelstrom Sword w/ Maelstrom Shield
    1x Maelstorm bow (back bar)
    1x Engine Guardian
    1x Bloodspawn

Tri-stat regen drink

Not a heavy hitter burst-machine by any stretch, but extremely survivable and a crap ton of fun. No problems killing people 1v1 or 1v2, and no problems staying alive unless there's like 3-4+ on me.
    Daggerfall Covenant
    Sallington - Templar - Stormproof - Prefect II
    Cobham - Sorcerer - Stormproof - First Sergeant II
    Shallington - NightBlade - Lieutenant |
    Balmorah - Templar - Sergeant ||
  • The_Duke
    The_Duke
    ✭✭✭✭
    here is my 1h S nightblade build which I have used on my stam sorc as well.

1 kena
    1bloodspawn
    4 alchemist (5th on 2h bar)
    4 marksman
    2 leki sword and shield

Fully buffed in 5 heavy 2 medium with stam/hp food serpent stone as an Imperial my stats are:

3900 WD, 34000stam, 30000Hp, 2000 crit resist, 1800 stam regen. I can get more than 3900 WD as a stam sorc.

Skill bars for stam sorc

1H
    Reverb
    Pierce armor
    Dark deal
    Crit surge
    Hurricane
    Dawn breaker

2h
    Stampede
    Restraining prison/bolt escape
    Dizzying swing
    Vigor
    Rally/for burst heal since I already get the brutality from crit surge.

Side note: I'm experimenting with a pelinals build right now. 10k crystal frags and 9 K curse 14k dizzying swing. Curse, Proc a frag and hit crit rush at the same time and you hit with both at once plus curse goes off the same time as your Dizzying.....good times
    The Duke

Stamplar

Guild leader of The Dukes. PS4
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SnB and SnB here

Dark conversion, streak, Hardened Ward, Power Bash, and camouflage hunter ult Flawless Dawnbreaker

Pierce armor, hurricane, crit surge, h ward, invasion, DB or suppression field

Built for 1vX

32k magicka, 25k health, 20k stam, no undaunted yet
    1800 stam regen
    3000 wpn dmg unbuffed

Eternal hunt x5 (medium or heavy) x1 kena, x1 bloodspawn (want tremorscale and knight errant) x3 agility x2 willpower

Gives me a very nice 8.5k ward, the ability to dodgeroll a ton,

I use power smash as a spammable dps move. It can hit an NPC for over 13k fully buffed. Invasion is a, awesome CC gap closer. I like it
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • Biro123
    Biro123
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Search for Buran's build.. here it is:

http://tamrielfoundry.com/topic/buran-pvp-2-4-stamina-sorcerer-sb2h

Mine is based very heavily on that - although I've switched 2-hander for bow (to safely build ulti from range when its zergy and for the poison arrow to help with finishing) - and instead of rally use crit-surge, and use the s+b closer.

Ransack is always there but some other skills I keep switching out depending what I feel like (often re-arming trap of the sorc cc's).

The weakness seems to be in prolonged fights - either taking sustained damage, or getting carried away trying to beat down a full tank - then running out of resources.. Mine is imperial and I'm only 290-ish CPs - so I think I'm lacking some of the sustain options needed to really make the build shine ( redguard passives and more CP in cost-reduction). But as long as I can get out of immediate trouble enough to dark-deal - its usually ok.

Yes, I said it.. I use black-rose and have resource issues...

But I'm enjoying it.. Its a decent front-line brawler - tough enough to take some hits, strong enough to dish out the damage and fast enough (bow dodge-roll passive and hurricane) to get out of dodge when zerg-squad turn around and look your way....
    Minalan owes me a beer.

PC EU Megaserver
    Minie Mo - Stam/Magblade - DC
    Woody Ron - Stamplar - DC
    Aidee - Magsorc - DC
    Notadorf - Stamsorc - DC
    Khattman Doo - Stamblade - Relegated to Crafter, cos AD.