Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Official Discussion Thread for the New Life Festival

• feyii
    feyii
    ✭✭✭✭
    Abeille wrote: »
    feyii wrote: »
    Ohh the mudball achievement doesn't seem like it can be completed on the same day. You can target only one ambassador. Well, good to know! Okay, so with that cleared out...

I guess you can complete them in one day. The achievement doesn't want you to target the ambassadors, but the alliance leaders ;)

Now I'm going to login again and try throwing mudballs from the reward boxes at them, to see if this counts!

EDIT: Ok, you can get the achievement by throwing any mudball at Ayrenn, Jorunn and Emeric. However, this achievement is doubled as well for me, and the double didn't register all throws. I was nearly dispairing when I seemingly couldn't find a Queen Ayrenn who counted for the throw. But in the end it turned out that only the duplicate achievement didn't update correctly.

How do they react?
    And do you get a bounty, like when you throw on guards?

yes, you get a bounty. they don't like mudballs in the face XD
  • kip_silverwolf
    kip_silverwolf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno The Glory of Magnus achievement is showing twice in my journal

z.jpg
    "I'm going to live forever..or at least die trying"

drunken Nord & Tamriel streaker since Arena

• FLuFFyxMuFFiN
    FLuFFyxMuFFiN
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno The Glory of Magnus achievement is showing twice in my journal

z.jpg

What addon is that!
  • kip_silverwolf
    kip_silverwolf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    'Oblivion Style Hud'
    It's the only add-on I use on the PTS. Have gotten so used to having it on the Live server, I found the normal hud too strange to look at on the PTS. :D

• Abeille
    Abeille
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    'Oblivion Style Hud'
    It's the only add-on I use on the PTS. Have gotten so used to having it on the Live server, I found the normal hud too strange to look at on the PTS. :D

I need that to live now.
    Just so that everyone knows, my Altmer still can't have black hair. About a dozen of Altmer NPCs in the game have black hair. Just saying.

Meet my characters:
    Command: Do the thing.

Zadarri, Khajiit Fist of Thalmor: The thing was done, as commanded.
    Durza gra-Maghul, Orc blacksmith: The thing was done perfectly, in the most efficient way.
    Tegwen, Bosmer troublemaker: You can't prove I didn't do the thing.
    Sings-Many-Songs, Argonian fisher: Sure, I'll do the thing... Eventually. Maybe.
    Aerindel, Altmer stormcaller: After extensive research, I've come to the conclusion that doing the thing would be a waste of resources.
    Liliel, Dunmer pyromancer: Aerindel said I shouldn't do the thing. Something about "resources".
    Gyda Snowcaller, Nord cryomancer: I will find a way to do it that won't waste resources and make Aerindel proud of me.
    Beatrice Leoriane, Breton vampire: I persuaded someone else into doing the thing. You are welcome, dear.
    Sahima, Redguard performer: Doing the thing sounds awfully unpleasant and really not my problem.
    Ellaria Valerius, Imperial priestess: I'll pray to the Eight for the thing to be done, if it is Their will.
  • Dominoid
    Dominoid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I had great fun with this event. I'm eagerly awaiting more and more events being added to the game over time.

It was great seeing parts of Tamriel I have had no reason to revisit in some time and how the New Life events seemed to fit perfectly into the chosen locations. Some noteworthy things:

I found the idea of item rewards that were for a custom emote great. I got items that let me:
    • Throw mud balls at people
    • Turn myself into ice
    • Get drunk complete with visualization and slurred NPC speech
    • Swallow swords
    • Breath fire
    • and more . . .

I got a costume as a reward - Nordic bather's towel

I didn't get them yet, but I guess there are two hoods as well.

I got 6 recipes as rewards - 3 duplicates that could be sold. There are 8 recipes in all to learn.

I got 2 motif pieces - this makes me have faith I can get all pieces during the actual festival without dropping 1 million gold in the guild stores

New animations
    • The "cannonball" animation when jumping into the icy water was spot on
    • The shivering animation (not new) when emerging from the frigid water as you warm by the fires
    • The cleaning off of the mud from the mud balls

I also threw a mud ball at a guard and incurred a minor bounty - great touch.

Aside from the achievement bugs others have mentioned, this was a nice well rounded and executed event that served as a distraction from the usual grind found in the game. Well done. RPers and non-RPers alike should have a great week or two with this.

Edited by Dominoid on September 21, 2016 10:20PM
  • Abeille
    Abeille
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I can't get over how detailed the hats are. Look at this:

ZlAL1FI.png

(it is dyed)
    Just so that everyone knows, my Altmer still can't have black hair. About a dozen of Altmer NPCs in the game have black hair. Just saying.

Meet my characters:

Durza gra-Maghul, Orc blacksmith: The thing was done perfectly, in the most efficient way.
    Sings-Many-Songs, Argonian fisher: Sure, I'll do the thing... Eventually. Maybe.
    Aerindel, Altmer stormcaller: After extensive research, I've come to the conclusion that doing the thing would be a waste of resources.
    Liliel, Dunmer pyromancer: Aerindel said I shouldn't do the thing. Something about "resources".
    Gyda Snowcaller, Nord cryomancer: I will find a way to do it that won't waste resources and make Aerindel proud of me.
    Beatrice Leoriane, Breton vampire: I persuaded someone else into doing the thing. You are welcome, dear.
    Sahima, Redguard performer: Doing the thing sounds awfully unpleasant and really not my problem.
    Ellaria Valerius, Imperial priestess: I'll pray to the Eight for the thing to be done, if it is Their will.
  • Dubhliam
    Dubhliam
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There are two identical achievements.
    Screenshot_20160922_011807.png
    >>>Detailed Justice System Concept thread<<<
  • Marto
    Marto
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No quest markers makes the Shadowfen quest practically impossible to complete
    "According to the calculations of the sages of the Cult of the Ancestor Moth, the batam guar is the cutest creature in all Tamriel"
  • kamimark
    kamimark
    ✭✭✭✭
    Easy enough to find the tent in Eastmarch, though having it right next to a bunch of hostile Stormfists is not great.

The Reaper's March festival was great, very simple if you're good with locks (which I am). The consumable widgets you can buy and get as prizes are hilarious, but I'd rather have permanent ones. I guess I'll be buying a stack of each.

Shadowfen continues to be the worst zone. So a new or template character has to run down to Hissmir, which is non-trivial even if you have Destinations add-on. Then find the bait-seller who is so important… only sells Simple Bait. Much swearing ensues. Now you run WAY FAR from Hissmir to find the fishing spots. There is a New Life Festival supplier at a crafting station… who does not sell bait. Maybe this should be the useless bait-seller instead. Got 2 of the 3 fish immediately, then could only get repeats of those, then got logged out; no idea if #3 ever shows up.

Damn, I hate that swamp and everything in it.
    Kitty Rainbow Dash. pick, pick, stab.
  • kip_silverwolf
    kip_silverwolf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Marto wrote: »
    No quest markers makes the Shadowfen quest practically impossible to complete

I had quest markers for this one. Head to the bottom coast of Shadowfen, around the Percolating Mire Wayshrine area. The fishing spots are named 'New Life Festival fishing hole' so you can't miss them.
    kamimark wrote: »
    Shadowfen continues to be the worst zone. So a new or template character has to run down to Hissmir, which is non-trivial even if you have Destinations add-on. Then find the bait-seller who is so important… only sells Simple Bait. Much swearing ensues. Now you run WAY FAR from Hissmir to find the fishing spots. There is a New Life Festival supplier at a crafting station… who does not sell bait. Maybe this should be the useless bait-seller instead. Got 2 of the 3 fish immediately, then could only get repeats of those, then got logged out; no idea if #3 ever shows up.

Damn, I hate that swamp and everything in it.

There was a merchant at the fishing holes when I was there. She sold bait + mints and drinks. (Lol Love those mints btw! What an awesome surprise to find! :smiley: )
    I bought and used the simple bait only, and got the fish from that.

I do share your hatred of that place though Kamimark! Especially after spending weeks fishing there to complete my Master Angler achievement! XD

• opaj
    opaj
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The navigation isn't too bad if you take the boat from Windhelm to Alten Corimont. Then again, if you're a brand new player, I have no idea how you'd ever know to do that. It's helpful for template test characters, I guess. :P

• SantieClaws
    SantieClaws
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Khajiit had much enjoyment of the little festival time she had last evening.

This one will return at the weekend for more. The mudballs are oh so fun - apart from the unfortunate fact that the beautiful white fur of this one seems to often be targeted by others.

Breathing fire on elves is also most enjoyable!

Yours with paws
    Santie Claws

29220227654_903e69428d_c.jpg
    Fire eating
    Shunrr's Skooma Oasis - The Movie. A housing video like no other ...
    Find it here - https://youtube.com/user/wenxue2222

Clan Claws - now recruiting khajiit and like minded others for parties, fishing and other khajiit stuff. Contact this one for an invite.

PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

https://www.imperialtradingcompany.eu/
  • kip_silverwolf
    kip_silverwolf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    opaj wrote: »
    The navigation isn't too bad if you take the boat from Windhelm to Alten Corimont. Then again, if you're a brand new player, I have no idea how you'd ever know to do that. It's helpful for template test characters, I guess. :P

I never even thought of taking that boat! (I rode down from Stormhold)

Speaking of template characters and wayshrines though, none of the starter island wayshrines are open for me. I had to go via Daggerfall to get to Betnikh. Not a big deal, but thought I'd mention it in case it was a bug?

• guul
    guul
    ✭✭✭
    plz make player can dodge the mud! it will be more fun!
    No, it can! I confirmed!
    Edited by guul on September 23, 2016 3:43AM
  • SantieClaws
    SantieClaws
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Interesting point observed by the dungeoneering acquaintance of Khajiit who is a grumpy old Imperial mage.

Do Imperials not celebrate the New Life Festival?

They could at least put on a nice hat and be less grumpy for a couple of weeks a year yes?

Edit: The Old Man says this has made him grumpier than ever. What would an Imperial do to celebrate something? Hmm probably it would involve wine and stabbing or something.

Yours with paws
    Santie Claws

Edited by SantieClaws on September 22, 2016 12:22PM

Clan Claws - now recruiting khajiit and like minded others for parties, fishing and other khajiit stuff. Contact this one for an invite.

• Yuls
    Yuls
    ✭✭✭✭
    Interesting point observed by the dungeoneering acquaintance of Khajiit who is a grumpy old Imperial mage.

They could at least put on a nice hat and be less grumpy for a couple of weeks a year yes?

Edit: The Old Man says this has made him grumpier than ever. What would an Imperial do to celebrate something? Hmm probably it would involve wine and stabbing or something.

Yours with paws
    Santie Claws

Wine, moaning about the family, boring small talk, more wine, some strategic marriage agreements, more moaning, more wine.
    But that's not the point. The point is I'm quite sad and bummed I can't partake in the New Life Festivities because I'm Imperial. Seriously? First you put my beloved chub loon into that evil crate, and now you prevent me from having a nice New Life Festival like every of the nine other races? And then you're wondering why we're doing nasty stuff in return and sending daedra after you...? *sigh*
  • SantieClaws
    SantieClaws
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ah old man you can participate yes - all races can do all of the quests. Also they can be done every day not just once.

Just there is no quest involving anything that would be fun or familiar to your people.

Yours with paws
    Santie Claws

• Yuls
    Yuls
    ✭✭✭✭
    Ah old man you can participate yes - all races can do all of the quests. Also they can be done every day not just once.

Just there is no quest involving anything that would be fun or familiar to your people.

Yours with paws
    Santie Claws

There are 10 races, not 9. Obviously it's no problem to have our recipes in the game, sell our clothing, some of our horses, so there shouldn't be a problem placing a 10th questgiver somewhere either.
  • SantieClaws
    SantieClaws
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The ears overhear at ZOS:

"Quick guys - come up with a valid lore reason why Imperials don't celebrate anything. They have rumbled us!"

Yours with paws
    Santie Claws

• rhapsodious
    rhapsodious
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The ears overhear at ZOS:

"Quick guys - come up with a valid lore reason why Imperials don't celebrate anything. They have rumbled us!"

Yours with paws
    Santie Claws

The Colovians and Nibenese couldn't agree on a centralized Imperial tradition, so they decided for the nuclear option and decided not to have any.

"Get Lored" - someone at ZOS, probably
    Edited by rhapsodious on September 22, 2016 12:55PM
  • Epona222
    Epona222
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I did all 9 quests today on 1 of my characters and got a few motif pages.

A thought occurs to me: Where will the style mat for the motif drop after the festival is over? Crafters should not be forced to spend their own IRL money/crowns on mimic gems in order to craft gear for other people after the event. I hope some thought has been given to where the style mats will continue to be provided.
    GM - Ghost Sea Trading Co - NA PC

Epona was a Romano-Celtic goddess dating back to around 1800 to 2000 years before computer games were invented.
  • Abeille
    Abeille
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yuls wrote: »

Yours with paws
    Santie Claws

Wine, moaning about the family, boring small talk, more wine, some strategic marriage agreements, more moaning, more wine.
    But that's not the point. The point is I'm quite sad and bummed I can't partake in the New Life Festivities because I'm Imperial. Seriously? First you put my beloved chub loon into that evil crate, and now you prevent me from having a nice New Life Festival like every of the nine other races? And then you're wondering why we're doing nasty stuff in return and sending daedra after you...? *sigh*

Must be because there is no PvE base game map for them.
    Each of the quests are on places where each of the races live (with the exception of Bosmer and Altmer; their quests are in Auridon and Grahtwoold instead of the other way round). The only maps in Cyrodiil are PvP and DLC maps. The NPC says the festivities in Orsinium were cancelled this year, so I imagine they just left DLC maps out.
    Of course, they could have sent us to Arenthia (north of Reaper's March) to celebrate the festival on the Imperial style. Arenthia still has a big Imperial population after all.

Meet my characters:

• ZunaRoath
    ZunaRoath
    ✭✭✭✭
    As much as I mention the bad things like the crates in the other post, I also say the good ones.

I absolutely love this event and I've not even done all the quests.

Did you participate in the Festival? Was it fun?

I did/do. It was SUPER fun.

Did everything function as expected?

Yes! I think!

Was it clear what you were supposed to do for the quests?

Absolutely.

Did you complete all the quests?

I'm on it!

Did you get any of the achievements?

On it too!

Did you encounter any issues with anything involving this event?

Nothing.

What did you think of the rewards?

They're -awesome-.

Do you have any other general feedback?

1. The quests are so damn funny, fast, and you don't have to wait for things to happen.
    2. The rewards are always there, there is always at least one cool thing in the gifts, either a motif, costume, or cool emote thingy, which: I ABSOLUTELY LOVE.
    3. The emote thingies. Please, add these to other events too, I love them.
    4. Interaction with players optional. The dancing with players, or celebrating all this with players, the mudballs at players, all this, being optional, it is great! Because I can do this event with my friends, or alone!
    5. Please ZOS, continue doing this. This is the way.
    [EU-EP-PC] @Kynes_Peace

Hjalmar Bear-Heart - Main, Stamina Warden
    Svari Wild-Hawk - Magicka Nightblade
    Hulda the Wild - Stamina Warden
    Greg the Witchman - Magicka Necromancer
    Cassius Gallus - Stamina Sorcerer
    Nari War-Shield - Magicka Templar Healer
    Hronvir Winter-Winds - Tank Warden
    Zuna Ice-Bear - Stamina DK
  • Yuls
    Yuls
    ✭✭✭✭

Must be because there is no PvE base game map for them.
    Each of the quests are on places where each of the races live (with the exception of Bosmer and Altmer; their quests are in Auridon and Grahtwoold instead of the other way round). The only maps in Cyrodiil are PvP and DLC maps. The NPC says the festivities in Orsinium were cancelled this year, so I imagine they just left DLC maps out.
    Of course, they could have sent us to Arenthia (north of Reaper's March) to celebrate the festival on the Imperial style. Arenthia still has a big Imperial population after all.

I'm aware there's no PvE base game map for us. But they could have send us literally everywhere by just saying "Yes, it's war, and we can't go home obviously, but let's just gather at xyz instead and celebrate New Life Festival nevertheless." Craglorn is at the border to Cyrodiil too, it's pve. They could have send us there instead of ignoring the Imperials completely. (No, giving away Colovian Hoods to everyone instead doesn't count as "including Imperials". Guess the hoods probably fell off a cart somewhere...)
  • Ilsabet
    Ilsabet
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    What's the motif from this event?
    Ilsabet Menard - DC Breton Nightblade archer - Savior of Pretty Much Everything, Grand Overlord & Empress Nubcakes
    Katarin Auclair - DC Breton Warden healer & ice mage
    My characters and their overly elaborate backstories
    Ilsabet's Headcanon
    The Adventures of Torbyrn Windchaser - Breaking the Ice & Ashes to Ashes
    PC NA
  • Rex-Umbra
    Rex-Umbra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Where does the Orc quest take place?
    Xbox GT: Rex Umbrah
    GM of IMPERIUM since 2015.
  • Abeille
    Abeille
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rex-Umbra wrote: »

Betnikh. If you are using a template character you need to take a boat in Glenumbra, the templates do not have wayshrines on the starting islands.

Meet my characters:

• Rex-Umbra
    Rex-Umbra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Rex-Umbra wrote: »

Betnikh. If you are using a template character you need to take a boat in Glenumbra, the templates do not have wayshrines on the starting islands.

Thanks, I forgot about Betnikh.
    Xbox GT: Rex Umbrah
    GM of IMPERIUM since 2015.
  • FLuFFyxMuFFiN
    FLuFFyxMuFFiN
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Ilsabet wrote: »
    What's the motif from this event?

@Ilsabet Skinchanger. Looks pretty cool imo