Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Official Discussion Thread for One Tamriel Craglorn

• Shadesofkin
    Shadesofkin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    UrQuan wrote: »
    ADarklore wrote: »
    Interesting when people talk about how Craglorn was popular in 2014... let's also remember how little new content there was back then, so people had little choice if they wanted to do something new... let's also remember that on Console, Craglorn has NEVER been popular- and ZOS has the data-mining to prove it. So as of now, Craglorn is a large wasted zone that will bring in more players to the zone once it becomes more solo-friendly, especially since an extremely large population, if not the majority, are solo players.

And the mix it has on the PTS now is fine for that. Yes, there are swaths that one might not consider "solo friendly" but the main quest is and the vast majority of overland is.
    Seems like a good way to do it to me.

indeed, and I'd like to point out that nothing in Craglorn is so overwhelming that you need more than one other person of reasonable skill to complete it.
    @shadesofkin -NA Server.
    Tier 2 Player.
    MagDK Main forever (even in the bad times)
  • Ashtaris
    Ashtaris
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The problem I see with the Craglorn on the PTS is they nerfed it too much. I understand that you are trying to make it soloable, but at least make the mobs somewhat of a challenge. I use to go to Upper Craglorn to test my builds a bit taking on some of the mobs. Now they drop like flies. The Scaled Court Illusionists use to kick my butt but now they are a bunch of wimps.
    Edited by Ashtaris on September 6, 2016 5:37PM
  • Shadesofkin
    Shadesofkin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ashtaris wrote: »
    The problem I see with the Craglorn on the PTS is they nerfed it too much. I understand that you are trying to make it soloable, but at least make the mobs somewhat of a challenge. I use to go to Upper Craglorn to test my builds a bit taking on some of the mobs. Now they drop like flies. The Scaled Court Illusionists use to kick my butt but now they are a bunch of wimps.

I disagree. I mean, yes for some of us (myself included) it's a cakewalk, but the average player is not like that. In fact, I would go as far as saying that the average player will consider it a challenging experience.
    @shadesofkin -NA Server.
    Tier 2 Player.
  • I_killed_Vivec
    I_killed_Vivec
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

I disagree. I mean, yes for some of us (myself included) it's a cakewalk, but the average player is not like that. In fact, I would go as far as saying that the average player will consider it a challenging experience.

I was hoping that it would be a challenging experience. Craglorn should be scary, where you think twice about leaving the beaten path. Everything else is going to be battle-levelled, can't we have one place where you can go to frighten yourself?
  • Shadesofkin
    Shadesofkin
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I was hoping that it would be a challenging experience. Craglorn should be scary, where you think twice about leaving the beaten path. Everything else is going to be battle-levelled, can't we have one place where you can go to frighten yourself?

I actually agree with that philosophy, but since I figure my voice is one amongst the stars I'm done shouting about how battle leveling is literally the dumbest thing ever and I'm just going to say that they should do their best to make sure the whole game is balanced correctly.
    @shadesofkin -NA Server.
    Tier 2 Player.
  • GOREKIN
    GOREKIN
    ✭✭
    In craglorn it still feels like a group zone not solo. The out land zone is fine for solo somewhat. The quests are still geared for groups. The devs are even harder on test then live. To bill this zone as solo friendly it is not their yet. I do not think you should keep any group quests or group devs. Make them solo friendly. Trials and dragon stars should stay the same.

Solo content - would be all quests and devs.

Group - Dragon Star Arena

Raid - Trials

Edited by GOREKIN on September 6, 2016 8:58PM
  • craigr02
    craigr02
    ✭✭✭
    zyk wrote: »
    I am disappointed that Crag is being cookie-cuttered like the rest of the zones. It would be nice to have updated overland group content. CP 160 group content and upgraded rewards would have brought players back. It did not need to be completely nerfed.

I recall Matt Firor talking about about the zone is empty and how he's never been there on the live servers, but during 2014 Crag was packed and a lot of fun. It remained a fairly popular zone until the Orsinium DLC.

A problem ESO now has is that all Overland content is so easy that it's horribly boring and pointless to group when completing it. To me, this is a real problem in an MMO.

I did Crag like mad during the days of VR10 and VR12. Before the dark times, before the Unlimited.

In all seriousness, I think Crag as a group zone was always better than as something solo friendly. I loathe how little people seem to recognize the inherent benefit of a zone complete with regular repeatable daily quests for groups. The only problem is that the loot and experience were just absymal. Now the loot is slightly better (though seriously I farmed for hours and got no Martial Knowledge) and the experience is excellent. They just need to add a group finder set up for it.

Just wanted to say, I went there for about 30 mins and got three pieces of Martial Knowledge, Gloves, Robe, and Belt.
  • Shadesofkin
    Shadesofkin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    craigr02 wrote: »
    zyk wrote: »
    I am disappointed that Crag is being cookie-cuttered like the rest of the zones. It would be nice to have updated overland group content. CP 160 group content and upgraded rewards would have brought players back. It did not need to be completely nerfed.

I recall Matt Firor talking about about the zone is empty and how he's never been there on the live servers, but during 2014 Crag was packed and a lot of fun. It remained a fairly popular zone until the Orsinium DLC.

A problem ESO now has is that all Overland content is so easy that it's horribly boring and pointless to group when completing it. To me, this is a real problem in an MMO.

I did Crag like mad during the days of VR10 and VR12. Before the dark times, before the Unlimited.

In all seriousness, I think Crag as a group zone was always better than as something solo friendly. I loathe how little people seem to recognize the inherent benefit of a zone complete with regular repeatable daily quests for groups. The only problem is that the loot and experience were just absymal. Now the loot is slightly better (though seriously I farmed for hours and got no Martial Knowledge) and the experience is excellent. They just need to add a group finder set up for it.

Just wanted to say, I went there for about 30 mins and got three pieces of Martial Knowledge, Gloves, Robe, and Belt.

I'm jelly, I spent hours in there and I had a full set of both Air and Fire in good traits but not a single scrap of MK
    @shadesofkin -NA Server.
    Tier 2 Player.
  • Shadesofkin
    Shadesofkin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    GOREKIN wrote: »
    In craglorn it still feels like a group zone not solo. The out land zone is fine for solo somewhat. The quests are still geared for groups. The devs are even harder on test then live. To bill this zone as solo friendly it is not their yet. I do not think you should keep any group quests or group devs. Make them solo friendly. Trials and dragon stars should stay the same.

Solo content - would be all quests and devs.

Group - Dragon Star Arena

Raid - Trials

The entire overland is soloable now and there's not a single quest that requires a group except the ones that specifically say "entering group area".

The main story quest, the delves, and the overland mobs are all solo friendly. At this point its on the player to be good enough.

Only group areas (which literally warn you) are group friendly and they only need 1 other person. That's not an exaggeration of my mad skillz, that's straight from the developers.
    @shadesofkin -NA Server.
    Tier 2 Player.
  • GOREKIN
    GOREKIN
    ✭✭
    Yes overland is solo friendly now. The group areas are linked to quests. Many of theses quest have not been done since you need more then yourself.

Remember that this zone will be played by all levels with all sorts of gear and cp points. When testing make sure you use the lower level 30 templates. Do not put on the best gear.

Important for all testing to think not only for max cp but low cp levels as well.

• Seri
    Seri
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes overland is solo friendly now. The group areas are linked to quests. Many of theses quest have not been done since you need more then yourself.
    If you are lower levelled then yes, you might 'need' more than yourself but the group areas don't actually have any group mechanics left to them now so they are soloable.
    ]Remember that this zone will be played by all levels with all sorts of gear and cp points. When testing make sure you use the lower level 30 templates. Do not put on the best gear.

Important for all testing to think not only for max cp but low cp levels as well.
    Unfortunately that's the same logic that everyone uses when people say '<dungeon here is too hard>' as well, thus resulting in 99% of the game feeling 'too easy' for anyone with more than 160CP if that person knows how to play their character.

I like where Craglorn is right now. It's one of the few zones where your progress as you level up and gain CP is noticeable because every other zone is scaled pretty easily (a couple of the new world bosses excluded), and unlike the rest of the game, you can bring a friend to help now, or accept the challenge, wait until you level a bit more, and learn how best to play your character.
    EP CP160+ Templar, Sorc, NB
    DC CP160+ Templar, Sorc, DK
  • OMA
    OMA
    ✭✭✭
    I did the first quest solo with one of my live version copy champions so whatever she had on from live, nothing from the new sets except she did get to use her dual wield ultimate on a quest boss and that was cool! It didn't one shot the quest boss but it sure helped her deal with it alone on PTS. The quests lead you into these 'group' dungeons in craglorn. I did not attempt bosses but just went in to get the goal of the quest done. The mobs were easier to solo, thank you! I have no doubt that the bosses in the delves might not be easy for average players to solo. It still looks like you need a group to do those dungeons. Also making it easier for people to go get the skyshards if that's all they are there for if they can sneak past bosses and solo the regular dungeon mobs. I really hate having to find a group on live just so I can do that so I do like this change.

The thing with the 4 member group quests always was that when you get 4 people together, some want to just rush and click through everything and not allow you to experience the story and THIS quest line is very very cool and should not be rushed through! So far I like the change.

(Also noted that I found nirncrux as I gathered along the way. Not in every node but at least one which is more than I've ever found outside of doing crafting dailies. Yay.)
  • JR_Returns
    JR_Returns
    ✭✭✭
    I have spent a reasonable amount of time Craglorn.

Overland zones.
    General level and size of mobs seem to have been modified for solo play. I think the balance is about right, although there really wasn't any need to change anything, as the mobs you couldn't take on could be easily been avoided. As a crafter and harvester I notice that mobs have been moved to be on the normal collection routes. Whichever Dev thought that funny, I love you too.

Nirncrux
    The patch notes say the drop rate has been doubled, I did a complete circuit of Craglorn collecting everything and got one Potent Nirncrux right at the end of the run. That's about what I'd have expect with the old drop rate. It's is random chance so one circuit isn't a good test, but I'd be interested to hear if anyone else has checked the drop rate. I hope that by doubling the drop rate ZOS didn't mean 1:400 to 1:800.

Overall difficulty changes
    Upper Craglorn has been totally nerfed, you could almost complete it with bear fists and no armour (the bloody spelling checker is telling me that I've spelt armour wrong, I'm English, I was born in England and I speak English, it makes my blood boil, God how I hate Microsoft).
    However lower Craglorn is a different picture. Magical Anomalies, Elinhir, Anka-Ra Burial Sites etc seem to all be group content, in fact it looks as though it hasn't been changes at all. This begs the question did they start the changes in North Craglorn and then run out of time, which resulted in them doing a half job by sticking "Group Content" messages all over the place.

Been playing a long time, got multiple characters, can't be bothered wasting my time listing them B) .
    Edited by JR_Returns on September 8, 2016 6:55PM
  • Jekerl
    Jekerl
    mod
    We want to thank everyone who’s helped us test all of the changes in Craglorn. We’re reading the feedback daily and are taking it into consideration for any additional changes we make.

Here are a few changes we’ve made so far.
    • We’ve updated the monster difficulty across much of the zone and feel it’s in a better place to judge the combat balance. We will continue to review feedback and are evaluating additional changes
    • A multi-player icon will appear next to the quest name in the center screen message after accepting a group quest.
    • A multi-player icon will appear next to the quest name in the quest tracker when a group quest is selected.
    • Repeatable quest icons over a quest giver’s head now appear as blue instead of white.
    • We’ve resolved an issue that prevented several monsters in Craglorn from dropping appropriate loot for One Tamriel.
    Jeremy Sera
    Lead Content Designer
    Staff Post
  • code65536
    code65536
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Last week (2.6.0 patch), a couple of friends and I went around doing some of the Dailies in Craglorn.
    1. The Mage's Staff one in the Spell Scar: We got 3 blue-colored coffers. With nothing worth keeping (zero motifs, and the Craglorn sets aren't very good).
    2. Four dailies in Upper Craglorn. We just did four that we stumbled across. We each got 3 green-colored coffers. Again, with nothing worth keeping (I think I even got a generic non-set item in one of my coffers, though I could be remembering wrong). One of them was Skyreach Hold.

Among the 3 of us, we got 15 daily quest coffers. With zero Yokudan motifs. Most of these dailies take much more time than Dailies in Wrothgar, Hew's Bane, or The Gold Coast. Yet they are far less rewarding than those dailies. Skyreach Hold, in particular, was a bit of an insult--this is a long dungeon, worthy of being a full-blown 4-man Undaunted dungeon. And in return for the time we spent clearing it, we get green coffers? With trash inside? How is the coffer quality determined, anyway?
    Nightfighters ― PC/NA and PC/EU

Dungeons and Trials:
    Personal best scores:
    Dungeon trifectas:
    Media: YouTubeTwitch
  • cpuScientist
    cpuScientist
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Craglorn is the best content you guys have ever made. Hard but fun content. Hard for solo, easier for groups. Now it is just really far to easy. Many in my guild would have fun contests trying to solo some of the content, but now it is way to easy. Now that may have been to difficult for your ZOS's liking. However increase the difficulty as that same boss, a triple lamia boss that was hard to solo, was just easily solo'd by our healer. And when I say easily, it lasted about 5 seconds and he never was in any kind of danger, far to easy.

Please do increase the diffiuclty. We should have a group zone, and craglorn filled that beautifully. Everything else is soloable. FAR TO EASY EASY EASY.... I have zero reason to ever go through that story now. It is too easy. I will really never go back there, for many that will be dead content, AGAIN!!!! Far to easy.
  • cpuScientist
    cpuScientist
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jekerl wrote: »
    We want to thank everyone who’s helped us test all of the changes in Craglorn. We’re reading the feedback daily and are taking it into consideration for any additional changes we make.

Here are a few changes we’ve made so far.
    • We’ve updated the monster difficulty across much of the zone and feel it’s in a better place to judge the combat balance. We will continue to review feedback and are evaluating additional changes
    • A multi-player icon will appear next to the quest name in the center screen message after accepting a group quest.
    • A multi-player icon will appear next to the quest name in the quest tracker when a group quest is selected.
    • Repeatable quest icons over a quest giver’s head now appear as blue instead of white.
    • We’ve resolved an issue that prevented several monsters in Craglorn from dropping appropriate loot for One Tamriel.

Thank you. I will test to see how hard it is now. But please keep the delves on group dungeon level. It was a nice balance, easier than group pledge normal dungeons, but harder than regular zone easy peasy lemon squeezey delves. MAKE CRAGLORN GREAT AGAIN!
  • deadlychaos1991
    deadlychaos1991
    ✭✭✭
    Solo casual players have 16 full zones, 3 dlc zones, starter islands, delves, dolmens and all that. Why NOT have a challenging raiding zone? What's the harm in that? That solo players complain it's too hard? It's an MMO. If they're nerfing the amount of current, hard content in the game, they need to add some new hard content to replace it. Keep the raiders happy as well as the casuals.
  • Tai-Chi
    Tai-Chi
    ✭✭✭✭
    code65536 wrote: »
    I lost all of my Craglorn wayshrines on my character that had 100% completion in Craglorn.

Is this a bug?

The same happened to me. My V160 EP character had the Craglorn Exploration/Pathfinder achievement.

In fact, i had completed some quests in Craglorn and there were some outstanding ones in the quest list. These had all disappeared. I had to get the cart from Mournhold and start afresh.
    PC - EU (Main) & PC - NA
  • LMar
    LMar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Similar to other playes above, when I checked Craglorn all my wayshrines and POI were not there. I didn't check my Cragorn achievements to see if they were reset but I am gonna check this later on today. I don't want to lose all my progress! I am almost at the end of all the questlines!!!
    "If a stick of fish is a fish stick, it will stick like other fish sticks stick"
    "Taller races now sit in chairs correctly"
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The patch notes said that all quests have been reset, but hopefully any that have been completed already will still count for the final quests if those aren't done yet. Considering the overhaul to the zone, it's not surprising that all map markers have been reset too.
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
    Join us on Discord - discord.gg/uesp
  • The Uninvited
    The Uninvited
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    JR_Returns wrote: »
    Upper Craglorn has been totally nerfed, you could almost complete it with bear fists and no armour (the bloody spelling checker is telling me that I've spelt armour wrong, I'm English, I was born in England and I speak English, it makes my blood boil, God how I hate Microsoft).

funny-angry-bear-fist.jpg
    Pandora's Promise (rip) | LND | Pactriotic | IKnowWhatUDidLastWinter's | The Uninvited |

Ride the paranoia | All life is pain | Only the grave is real
  • The Uninvited
    The Uninvited
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Enodoc wrote: »
    The patch notes said that all quests have been reset, but hopefully any that have been completed already will still count for the final quests if those aren't done yet. Considering the overhaul to the zone, it's not surprising that all map markers have been reset too.

Just checked, but all my achievements for the quests were not reset. Only Spellscar was greyed out, but that's the only one I haven't done on live yet on my main.
    Pandora's Promise (rip) | LND | Pactriotic | IKnowWhatUDidLastWinter's | The Uninvited |

Ride the paranoia | All life is pain | Only the grave is real
  • ettavolt
    ettavolt
    ✭✭
    Anomalities and Burial Sites doesn't respawn after death (if attempted by solo player).
  • Aquanova
    Aquanova
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Except for the trials, Craglorn is a joke now.
    NA/PC
  • hingarthuub17_ESO
    hingarthuub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    I only see quests that are marked "to be completed as a group". I've no idea where the soloable quests are. I could use a push in the right direction.