Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Opener

Syiccal
Syiccal
✭✭✭✭✭
As I stamblade ganker playstyle
What would your opinion be on best skill to open with.
Heavy attack?
Surprise attack?
Ambush?
  • AverageJo3Gam3r
    AverageJo3Gam3r
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm not a NB. I don't gank except for that one week I was trying out a heavy attack elegance build. But as a heavy armor mDK, I can usually survive most gank attempts due to 29k health, argonian passives, and fossilize. Of course, the ganker gets away, but surviving a gank is a win in my book.

The 1 out of 5 times that a gank is successful against me, my death recap looks something like:
    Heavy bow attack from stealth
    Poison injection
    Ambush
    Fear
    Incap strike
    Reverse slice

The heavy attack and poison injection hit me at the same time. Ambush empowers the incap and fear makes me drop my block.

Take it for what it's worth.
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    what type weapons on your bars are you rolling with?
    PVP Campaigns Section: Playstation NA and EU (Gray Host) - This Must be the Place
  • Hankrabbit
    Hankrabbit
    ✭✭✭
    it depends on how far away your enemy is. If he is in the range of a heavy attack, use it. If not ambush > Incap.
    Edited by Hankrabbit on September 19, 2016 9:57PM
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    not sure if this will make sense...

try to think of it in terms as to what you're trying to accomplish - for my stamblade (I've become bored with ganking - too much waiting around)...I know I need to buff (relentless focus), then shield (cloak), then I need to stun/snare/cc (surprise attack), then I want to buff my weapon damage (flying blade)...

after that, get a little distance with fear and work it out from there...
    PVP Campaigns Section: Playstation NA and EU (Gray Host) - This Must be the Place
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I like the questions you ask @Syiccal ...my guess is that you're getting better at this by leaps and bounds...
  • BruhItsOver9000
    BruhItsOver9000
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bow ganking usually goes like this, heavy attack > surprise attack or ambush.

Melee ganking, heavy attack > incap strike or surprise attack

Don't know about staffs though.
    WOOD ELF MASTER RACE.

• jhharvest
    jhharvest
    ✭✭✭
    Syiccal wrote: »
    As I stamblade ganker playstyle
    What would your opinion be on best skill to open with.
    Heavy attack?
    Surprise attack?
    Ambush?

Alt-F4
  • Master_Kas
    Master_Kas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    5x marksman (on bow bar), 5x alchemist armor, 1x molag kena shoulder.

100 cp into mighty, rest into crit damage (should be 20.8% crit damage if you're at the cap)

Shadow mundus, divine traits on armor.

All buffs you can find (rally, stealth, bosmer, grim focus, magelight for empower) -> 2x focused aims -> most things that are not blocking or shielded die.

No need to get into melee range, it only means bigger chances to get zerged down. Focused aim you can sit at max range ^^
    EU | PC
  • Syiccal
    Syiccal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm using 5 viper sting 5 alchemist 3 agilty
    Full buff I'm at 5k dmg with 78.8% crit.
    I tried a few different ways last night.
    I think heavy attack animation cancel into surprise attack puts them in execute range and killers blade to finish.
    Some more tanky players required a strikes before killers blade.
    I'm using dw/2h
    I have 608 cp
    Edited by Syiccal on September 20, 2016 5:24AM
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    dang @Syiccal ...sounds like I should have been asking you what to do....
  • Syiccal
    Syiccal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ha..I just like to get a feel for what other ppl like to do almost like brainstorming to get best results
  • Syiccal
    Syiccal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Considering changing mundus to shadow so first burst will be alot stronger.
    I used to run a sustain build but seems tanks can sustain just as well these days..(black rose!) So aiming for raw burst dmg now
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    why not the warrior stone (I have it on a few characters) - i had thought most max damage builds would use it...from reading the forums it seems neither the warrior or apprentice stones are used much...
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    geonsocal wrote: »
    why not the warrior stone (I have it on a few characters) - i had thought most max damage builds would use it...from reading the forums it seems neither the warrior or apprentice stones are used much...

Because they are really inefficient compared to the other mundus, warrior = like one weapon damage glyph, serpent = two stam regen glyphs.

Thief and shadow are super efficient and there are not many ways to get similar buffs.
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    thanks for the knowledge @Waffennacht ...the more I learn, the more I realize there's a lot more to learn :#