Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Would your prefer tokens instead of random weapon/armor pieces?

Beruge
Beruge
✭✭✭
Hello, so as everyone who has been to cyrodil knows you get an reward for every certain alliance points you earn. These rewards containt a random blue/purple pieces of weaponry, armor or jewerly.

For people that play alot these rewards can fill up your inventory and/or mailbox pretty fast, especially if you are member of a few guilds and get some items in return that hasnt been sold as well.

But would tokens be a better reward?

An example could be:

war token and loyalty token.

These tokens would then be able to stack to a total of 200 in your inventory. This for the purpose of being space saving.

War tokens should be able to be traded in for a box with a random item of blue quality - the items you could get should be the exact same type of blue items you already obtain as a reward.
They should also have the ability to be traded for a certain amount of potions/wall repair kits/sieges repair kits/door repair kits instead of an item. This would open up a little more options for people who do not need any of the set items.

Loyalty tokens should be able to be traded for a specific box with a random item of purple quality. Meaning you could trade it in for a box with a leki item inside, the quality would be purple. But you could not choose what piece you are going to get or what trait the piece would have. They should also be able to trade for a higher amount of potions/wall repair kits/siege repair kits/door repair kits. The amount would ofcourse be higher than on a war tokens.

- This would save up alot of space for all the players - wich also saves up alot of time.
- Every player would still have the exact same chance as before to obtain a random piece of blue item like before.
- Every player would know be able to work more specific towards the different dropable sets with purple quality.
- Players who dont want or need any of the sets would now have options to obtain usefull stuff for them instead of the random pieces, like potions.

What are your opinion about this?
My youtube channel: Beruge Casualgaming
  • Agrippa_Invisus
    Agrippa_Invisus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    God, yes.

Completely random loot, no tokens, is so 2004 it hurts.
    Agrippa Invisus / Indominus / Inprimis / Inviolatus
    DragonKnight / Templar / Warden / Sorcerer - Vagabond
    Once a General, now a Citizen
    Former Emperor of Bloodthorn and Vivec
    For Sweetrolls! FOR FIMIAN!
  • OdinForge
    OdinForge
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yeah.

Token system is very much needed.
    The Age of Wrobel.
  • Sandman929
    Sandman929
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Then I could buy all the inferno staffs of Fury I want...which is none.
  • Beruge
    Beruge
    ✭✭✭
    Sandman929 wrote: »
    Then I could buy all the inferno staffs of Fury I want...which is none.

Or you could buy repairng stuff/potions and save the ap you would use on it and buy something nice for AP instead.
  • Sallington
    Sallington
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I wouldn't mind siege, crafting mats and repair kits coming from the rewards bags instead of gear. That stuff is always useful.
    Daggerfall Covenant
    Sallington - Templar - Stormproof - Prefect II
    Cobham - Sorcerer - Stormproof - First Sergeant II
    Shallington - NightBlade - Lieutenant |
    Balmorah - Templar - Sergeant ||
  • QuebraRegra
    QuebraRegra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    right freakin NOW!

628b747f8ccdfb757062f36a27eedecfc2295f515c0586e05fbfb0620c0571a2.jpg
  • Serjustin19
    Serjustin19
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Please yes.This be awesome.
    Formerly Serjustin19, Save for Forum Of Course.... Fiery_Darkness (PC NA) currently.
  • zyk
    zyk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why keep RNG loot at all? Give us a token system and allow us to buy what we want.

ZOS has essentially applied gambling psychology throughout ESO. It is well known RNG loot systems are far more addictive despite being far less gratifying than purely token based systems.

The problem with token systems is that players can see clearly how much work is required to obtain an item. If we can see the full path ahead, we might decide it's not worth the effort.

An RNG loot system which, on average, that provides the same drop rate gives us the hope of instant gratification each time we roll the dice.
    Edited by zyk on August 29, 2016 7:39PM
  • kevlarto_ESO
    kevlarto_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes a barter system would be much better than dealing with the angry RNG God's..

You gather tokens to trade for what you want, of course it would take a few trips through to get the tokens you need to trade, but I have enjoyed this type of system in other games, was fun and I was more driven to do the content and collect tokens.
  • MaximillianDiE
    MaximillianDiE
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes, yes, yes - right now they go straight on the merchant as there's nothing there I want. While we're at it let us by Maelstrom/Master weapons with the tokens. Its stupid that the best pvp weapons in the game are gated behind ZOS' rubbish pve forcing the hardcore pvp'ers to pve. And before any of you you carebears jump in about how I don't want to earn it - I'd be happy to pay the equivalent of a million AP per weapon so that I could well and truly say I'd "earned" it as compared to having to grind out tedious pve and suffer the slings and arrows of its outrageously borked RNG!
    Maximillian Die Caesar - DC - [K-Hole] Retired
    Maximillian AD [[DiE]
    Retired
  • TooskSG
    TooskSG
    ✭✭✭
    Tokens so that we can buy the PvE gear needed to be competitive in PvP? I'd be down
  • NY_ESO_ALLDAY
    NY_ESO_ALLDAY
    Soul Shriven
    I just talked about this in another thread. Wow. It's like some people do think alike.

If maelstrom weapons were ever on sale, they should probably be like 10 hundred million zenis!

So yup, it would be cool to collect pieces of enemies broken armor/weapon (when I land the killing blow of course) that I can carry to a master crafter and recreate weapon or armor when enough pieces are collected.

So if you are wielding a maelstrom sword and I kill you a couple of times, I should be rewarded with fragments of your weapon...
  • Knootewoot
    Knootewoot
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Yes, yes, yes - right now they go straight on the merchant as there's nothing there I want. While we're at it let us by Maelstrom/Master weapons with the tokens. Its stupid that the best pvp weapons in the game are gated behind ZOS' rubbish pve forcing the hardcore pvp'ers to pve. And before any of you you carebears jump in about how I don't want to earn it - I'd be happy to pay the equivalent of a million AP per weapon so that I could well and truly say I'd "earned" it as compared to having to grind out tedious pve and suffer the slings and arrows of its outrageously borked RNG!

Agree
    ٩(͡๏̯͡๏)۶
    "I am a nightblade. Blending the disciplines of the stealthy agent and subtle wizard, I move unseen and undetected, foil locks and traps, and teleport to safety when threatened, or strike like a viper from ambush. The College of Illusion hides me and fuddles or pacifies my opponents. The College of Mysticism detects my object, reflects and dispels enemy spells, and makes good my escape. The key to a nightblade's success is avoidance, by spell or by stealth; with these skills, all things are possible."
  • Psilent
    Psilent
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No, for PvP I want a currency that I can get from PvP that allows me to buy gear from vendors in the trait I want.

I also want special PvP Master/Maelstrom type weapons that are awarded to the top 100 players in the first place faction at the end of a campaign. This would reward a token upon which you could purchase the exact weapon you want off the vendor with an added PvP currency on top. I.e, 1 Token + 500k PvP currency.
    Edited by Psilent on September 7, 2016 2:04PM
  • Beruge
    Beruge
    ✭✭✭
    I think maelstrom weapons and master weapons should not be given by the tokens i suggested.

The entire point i made for tokens was to clean up the mail/inventory with stackable items you could trade in when you have time or get something usefull for pvp. Like wall/door/siege repair kits or potions/foods you currently can buy with AP so that you would have the option if you dont need any of the rewards of the worthy set items.

Even if Maelstrom Arena is a pain - it is only from there you should get the maelstrom weapons. Same counts for dragonstar and master weapons.
    Edited by Beruge on September 19, 2016 6:31AM
  • kevlarto_ESO
    kevlarto_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would like to see a token system both pve & pvp i know i would be more motivated to do some of the pve content knowing i could collect tokens
    Edited by kevlarto_ESO on September 19, 2016 10:09AM
  • Dreyloch
    Dreyloch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I wouldn't mind less mail to sift through, but I have to admit being able to sell these items, or break them down for mats is not a terrible system. Harvesting nodes is not the most exciting thing to do in game.

However, I still fully think that ZoS needs to make full blown PvP only, procs that work in Cyro against players only...gear.
    Let this token system be the means to buy it.
    "The fear of Death, is often worse than death itself"
  • Beruge
    Beruge
    ✭✭✭
    Dreyloch wrote: »
    I wouldn't mind less mail to sift through, but I have to admit being able to sell these items, or break them down for mats is not a terrible system. Harvesting nodes is not the most exciting thing to do in game.

However, I still fully think that ZoS needs to make full blown PvP only, procs that work in Cyro against players only...gear.
    Let this token system be the means to buy it.

You could with this suggestion just trade in the tokens for a random piece like you always have. And break them down for the mats or sell them. So the only change is that you could swap them in for some other usefull stuff and stack the tokens so you would have more free space untill you want to trade them in.
  • Soundwave
    Soundwave
    ✭✭✭
    Token system equals everyone gets what they want all the time. Lmao, lazy much.

R.I.P ESO

There is a thread weekly complaining about how RNG sucks. Seriously its get old after a while. They understand players dont like, and they are trying to fix it. But random gears keeps players playing and paying. So deal with it, its here to stay.
  • Beruge
    Beruge
    ✭✭✭
    Soundwave wrote: »
    Token system equals everyone gets what they want all the time. Lmao, lazy much.

R.I.P ESO

There is a thread weekly complaining about how RNG sucks. Seriously its get old after a while. They understand players dont like, and they are trying to fix it. But random gears keeps players playing and paying. So deal with it, its here to stay.

Maybe actually read? Because that is not at all what this post say. But i assume lazy much is a suitable feature to describe you.