The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

I read every stam character is running Blackrose. What is the mag alternative for mag character?

• Berenhir
    Berenhir
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    altemriel wrote: »
    Berenhir wrote: »
    Kerioko wrote: »
    I am still running an old argonian sap tank in PVP:

- 5 Heavy Kagrenacs
    - 2 Heavy Malubeth
    - 3 Willpower Jewelry with Spell Damage
    - Torug's SnB
    - Malestrom Resto (really helps with magicka sustain)

Also tried 5 Black Rose, 5 Fasalla, 2 Malubeth for pure troll tank, but lacks ability to kill anything like the above set-up.

Occasionally run 5 Fasalla, 5 Transmutation, 2 Engine Guardian for heavy armored NB healer.

really thank you for sharing, but I was asking about crafted sets ;), I am a noobie casual player, I only did maybe like 2 vet dungeons, no trials, no crafted sets are the best for me. Kagrenac is crafted one I know, but the rest not.

But you can buy stuff from the guild stores. It's usually cheaper than crafting and upgrading your own gear.

If you want to be a tanky NB with burst potential I recommend:

5 Julianos (Heavy on Legs and Chest)
    5 Transmutation (Head, Shoulders, Jewellery)
    2 Torugs Pact DW sharpened/infused OR 1 sharpened Destro Staff (Destro highly recommended)
    1 resto staff

5 Impen, 2 well-fitted, Hakeijo on chest/head/leg

Slot Radiant Magelight on main bar.
    Transmutation should be always up with Strife.
    One siphoning ability on every bar at least.
    Use blurr.

thank you for sharing, I will try that out.

I have a question, how do you mean this Transmutation should be always up with Strife. ??
    I somehow do not see the connection there.

http://elderscrollsonline.wiki.fextralife.com/Robes+of+Transmutation+Set
    http://elderscrollsonline.wiki.fextralife.com/Strife

When ESO tooltips speak of an ally that always includes yourself. Meaning that you grant yourself the Transmutation buff when you heal (health < 100%) yourself with a HoT. Available HoTs for you are Refreshing Path, Strife, Soul Tether, Regeneration, Grand Healing and Entropy.
    PC EU - Ebonheart Pact - Gray Host - Death Recap -#zergfarming -
  • altemriel
    altemriel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

- 5 Heavy Kagrenacs
    - 2 Heavy Malubeth
    - Torug's SnB

Also tried 5 Black Rose, 5 Fasalla, 2 Malubeth for pure troll tank, but lacks ability to kill anything like the above set-up.

Occasionally run 5 Fasalla, 5 Transmutation, 2 Engine Guardian for heavy armored NB healer.

really thank you for sharing, but I was asking about crafted sets ;), I am a noobie casual player, I only did maybe like 2 vet dungeons, no trials, no crafted sets are the best for me. Kagrenac is crafted one I know, but the rest not.

But you can buy stuff from the guild stores. It's usually cheaper than crafting and upgrading your own gear.

2 Torugs Pact DW sharpened/infused OR 1 sharpened Destro Staff (Destro highly recommended)
    1 resto staff

Use blurr.

I have a question, how do you mean this Transmutation should be always up with Strife. ??

When ESO tooltips speak of an ally that always includes yourself. Meaning that you grant yourself the Transmutation buff when you heal (health < 100%) yourself with a HoT. Available HoTs for you are Refreshing Path, Strife, Soul Tether, Regeneration, Grand Healing and Entropy.

good to know :), thanx
  • altemriel
    altemriel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

- 5 Heavy Kagrenacs
    - 2 Heavy Malubeth
    - Torug's SnB

1 resto staff

Use blurr.

ok and some question to Transmutation set, in the above link it says, that I can get it from:
    - Hew's Bane Boxes from the Elite Gear Vendor in Cyrodiil - Does it mean the "Golden" vendor which appears only some days a week, or is it some other Cyrodiil vendor? And "Hew`s Bane Boxes - which ones are those?
    - PvP Rewards of the Worthy (ok)
    Edited by altemriel on September 19, 2016 1:39PM
  • Berenhir
    Berenhir
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You should consider going vamp due to higher regeneration, survivability and the sneak speed increase.

Magblade has a steep learning curve in PvP. Avoid melee encounters with Scamsorcs and any solo encounters with MagDKs at first.
    Group up with stamina toons, they provide the single target burst damage you lack.

When you are vamp and have concealed weapon slotted your speed on the battlefield will be unmatched. Use it to burn enemy sieges and tents.

Probably you will survive many lost keep sieges. Stay inside the keep and prep the inner doors. Or slot flame reach and knock people down while they defend.

MagNBs have the highest trolling ability.
    Like that guy
    Edited by Berenhir on September 19, 2016 1:54PM
  • Berenhir
    Berenhir
    ✭✭✭✭✭

- 5 Heavy Kagrenacs
    - 2 Heavy Malubeth
    - Torug's SnB

1 resto staff

Use blurr.

ok and some question to Transmutation set, in the above link it says, that I can get it from:
    - Hew's Bane Boxes from the Elite Gear Vendor in Cyrodiil - Does it mean the "Golden" vendor which appears only some days a week, or is it some other Cyrodiil vendor? And "Hew`s Bane Boxes - which ones are those?

Elite Gear Vendor is the guy in the border keep (where you start in cyro) selling blue boxes. Transmutation will probably be light defensive blue box with Hew's Bane armor.
    But its to expensive and RNG, seriously, just buy from the guild trader. I dont know what megaserver you're on, but typical trading hubs are Rawl'kha, Belkarth, Daggerfall, Mournhold, Eldenroot, Orsinium etc on PC EU. They should sell plenty of purple Transmutation stuff. Compare prices first as you probably dont use MM and Awesome Guild store.
    If you have no money, join a trade guild.
    If you play on PC EU, i can invite you. Just message me your username ;)
  • thankyourat
    thankyourat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    for example @Sypher in this video runs 5 Lich/4 Julianos/3 Willpower. He said there also, that if we do not have (or can not afford to buy) Lich set, we can run 5 Magnus (or 5 Seducer)/4 Julianos/3 Willpower
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JrsbZK-EUw0
    (video uploaded 13.06.2016)

What do you say to that?

That's a good build. when I play dual wield on my magblade that's the gear set up I run also, have you looked into playing a destro/restro magblade. It's a better option in my opinion

well, not yet, could you please share a good destro/restro build?

The biggest advantage of running dual wield on the main bar (as in this Sypher`s build) is the 2 piece bonus of dual wield weapons imho.

I'm running 5 necroprentence, 3 magus, and 3 willpower if I ever get a Maelstrom destro sharpened I'll switch it up a little bit, I've also run 5 julianos instead and it works well also. You lose out on the extra set bonus and spell damage from dual wield, but with a destro build you get to attack weave and it's alot better for sustaining yourself. Dual wield and destro both have perks. I would try it out just to see if you like it.
  • altemriel
    altemriel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    You should consider going vamp due to higher regeneration, survivability and the sneak speed increase.

Magblade has a steep learning curve in PvP. Avoid melee encounters with Scamsorcs and any solo encounters with MagDKs at first.
    Group up with stamina toons, they provide the single target burst damage you lack.

When you are vamp and have concealed weapon slotted your speed on the battlefield will be unmatched. Use it to burn enemy sieges and tents.

Probably you will survive many lost keep sieges. Stay inside the keep and prep the inner doors. Or slot flame reach and knock people down while they defend.

MagNBs have the highest trolling ability.
    Like that guy

hehe :smiley: , I love that fire staff skill !
  • altemriel
    altemriel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    for example @Sypher in this video runs 5 Lich/4 Julianos/3 Willpower. He said there also, that if we do not have (or can not afford to buy) Lich set, we can run 5 Magnus (or 5 Seducer)/4 Julianos/3 Willpower

What do you say to that?

That's a good build. when I play dual wield on my magblade that's the gear set up I run also, have you looked into playing a destro/restro magblade. It's a better option in my opinion

The biggest advantage of running dual wield on the main bar (as in this Sypher`s build) is the 2 piece bonus of dual wield weapons imho.

I'm running 5 necroprentence, 3 magus, and 3 willpower if I ever get a Maelstrom destro sharpened I'll switch it up a little bit, I've also run 5 julianos instead and it works well also. You lose out on the extra set bonus and spell damage from dual wield, but with a destro build you get to attack weave and it's alot better for sustaining yourself. Dual wield and destro both have perks. I would try it out just to see if you like it.

ok and what do you mean by "attack weave"? animation cancelling? or something else?
  • altemriel
    altemriel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

- 5 Heavy Kagrenacs
    - 2 Heavy Malubeth
    - Torug's SnB

1 resto staff

Use blurr.

Elite Gear Vendor is the guy in the border keep (where you start in cyro) selling blue boxes. Transmutation will probably be light defensive blue box with Hew's Bane armor.
    But its to expensive and RNG, seriously, just buy from the guild trader. I dont know what megaserver you're on, but typical trading hubs are Rawl'kha, Belkarth, Daggerfall, Mournhold, Eldenroot, Orsinium etc on PC EU. They should sell plenty of purple Transmutation stuff. Compare prices first as you probably dont use MM and Awesome Guild store.
    If you have no money, join a trade guild.
    If you play on PC EU, i can invite you. Just message me your username ;)

ok, so I will check the guild stores then ;), I am on PC EU and I am already in 5 guilds, one of them a bigger trading one, so I will check there too.

And yes, I do use MM and AG addons ;)
  • CapuchinSeven
    CapuchinSeven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's a better option in my opinion

I agree, DW has its movements but I find the ability to attack weave as well as being able to cloak and then heavy attack very useful. I have to admit though nearly every skill I use is a class skill, other than Reach and Ward. I find Swallow Soul a much better choice than Shock.

Destro for me is about the light and heavy attack (to the point where I've been trying out the elegant set).

yes, the sypher`s DW/restro build, video above, is also using only class skills (no DW skill), only some restro skills from restro staff.
    I did not master animation cancelling yet....

or what do you mean by "attack weave"?

But the great advantage of DW is that it counts as 2 pieces bonus to set bonus

Yea cancelling.
    With 5 Elegant I can rip someone apart with cancelling light into swallow soul or medium into swallow soul and from cloak I can get a large amount of burst with a heavy canceled into swallow soul.

Also Berenhir advice is pretty good and I agree with it.
  • altemriel
    altemriel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    It's a better option in my opinion

I agree, DW has its movements but I find the ability to attack weave as well as being able to cloak and then heavy attack very useful. I have to admit though nearly every skill I use is a class skill, other than Reach and Ward. I find Swallow Soul a much better choice than Shock.

Destro for me is about the light and heavy attack (to the point where I've been trying out the elegant set).

yes, the sypher`s DW/restro build, video above, is also using only class skills (no DW skill), only some restro skills from restro staff.
    I did not master animation cancelling yet....

or what do you mean by "attack weave"?

But the great advantage of DW is that it counts as 2 pieces bonus to set bonus

Yea cancelling.
    With 5 Elegant I can rip someone apart with cancelling light into swallow soul or medium into swallow soul and from cloak I can get a large amount of burst with a heavy canceled into swallow soul.

Also Berenhir advice is pretty good and I agree with it.

elegant set looks pretty good too!

damn, I have to practice the anim. cancelling finally :smiley: , I have watched the "how to" videos like half a year ago, but was too lazy to practice it :smiley:

Edited by altemriel on September 19, 2016 5:03PM
  • Rohaus
    Rohaus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I do not run Black Rose and I have been heavy since before it was "cool".

Depending on the situation I run 5 piece Ravaging (jewelry and weapons), and then either 5 piece Fasalla or 5 piece Fury all heavy.

Fasalla if the opposing group is running crazy deep heals... Fury for group burst powah!

I played with Black Rose extensively and honestly I do not see why so many people think it is OP... perhaps in a dueling setting it would be a sought after configuration. The problem with Black Rose is though it is solid for tanking it does very little for you if you try to play as an offensive HA build. If you like those IC sets, I think Reactive is a better option especially with the stupid amounts of CC in this game.

Ravaging + Fury is the ticket if you ask me. It allows you to go offensive and bust out some crazy high weapon damage in the event that people decide to hit you. This game is highly dependent on burst damage.

YouTube channel Rohaus Lives!
    Daggerfall Covenant
    VR16 DragonKnight
  • thankyourat
    thankyourat
    ✭✭✭✭✭

What do you say to that?

ok and what do you mean by "attack weave"? animation cancelling? or something else?

It's not really animation cancelling, but it's kind of one in the same. Before every attack do a light or heavy attack with your staff, that will cause all attacks to hit at one time. It will make up for the spell damage you lose from not running dual wield
    Edited by thankyourat on September 19, 2016 7:12PM
  • altemriel
    altemriel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

What do you say to that?

It's not really animation cancelling, but it's kind of one in the same. Before every attack do a light or heavy attack with your staff, that will cause all attacks to hit at one time. It will make up for the spell damage you lose from not running dual wield

well as far as I know this what you are writting about - that is animation canceling too. or what do you mean by really animation canceling?

https://youtu.be/_7mbaNHtt6I

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BLZzGoPp9Ug
    Edited by altemriel on September 19, 2016 8:34PM
  • altemriel
    altemriel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Rohaus wrote: »
    I do not run Black Rose and I have been heavy since before it was "cool".

Depending on the situation I run 5 piece Ravaging (jewelry and weapons), and then either 5 piece Fasalla or 5 piece Fury all heavy.

Fasalla if the opposing group is running crazy deep heals... Fury for group burst powah!

I played with Black Rose extensively and honestly I do not see why so many people think it is OP... perhaps in a dueling setting it would be a sought after configuration. The problem with Black Rose is though it is solid for tanking it does very little for you if you try to play as an offensive HA build. If you like those IC sets, I think Reactive is a better option especially with the stupid amounts of CC in this game.

Ravaging + Fury is the ticket if you ask me. It allows you to go offensive and bust out some crazy high weapon damage in the event that people decide to hit you. This game is highly dependent on burst damage.

Ravager and Fury are for stam users, but I was asking for a mag NB.

Fasalla is for healers I suppose. But I want to run either a tanky DPS, or pure DPS ganker burst build
  • Vangy
    Vangy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Seriously?

Make a templar and throw on reactive + 5 warlock on back bar with SNB while DW 2 pc anything + 2 malucheese.
    GG cancerplar build. Oh and get vampire for mistform. Perma block + malu cheese proc + J-beam from 40m range. My set up has;

25k resists unbuffed, 1500 regen with warlock proc as well + 3.2k spell damage unbuffed with 41k max mag. Nothing will kill you. Your empower + DF + meteor + toppling burst will kill any viper veli cheeseblade that thinks they can cheesify u with their stealth procs.
    Edited by Vangy on September 20, 2016 3:18AM
    (2)V16 Dk- stam dps/stam tank/mag dps
    (2)V16 Sorc- mag dps/stam dps
    (2)V16 nb- stam dps/mag dps
    (1)v16 temp- mag tank/mag dps
    CP: 610 and counting

PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates! Viva la revolutionz
  • altemriel
    altemriel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Vangy wrote: »
    Seriously?

Make a templar and throw on reactive + 5 warlock on back bar with SNB while DW 2 pc anything + 2 malucheese.
    GG cancerplar build. Oh and get vampire for mistform. Perma block + malu cheese proc + J-beam from 40m range. My set up has;

25k resists unbuffed, 1500 regen with warlock proc as well + 3.2k spell damage unbuffed with 41k max mag. Nothing will kill you. Your empower + DF + meteor + toppling burst will kill any viper veli cheeseblade that thinks they can cheesify u with their stealth procs.

thank you for sharing a templar build, but (no offence pls) I do not get why you people do not read the original first post - I wrote there in bold and red, that I am asking about my mag NB, not templar, not DK ;D
  • kaithuzar
    kaithuzar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I do not like heavy kags unless you are a magicka templar.
    For magicka nb I prefer 5 worm cult using jewelry & weapons with either 5 julianos or 4 elf bane or even 5 alchemist, you could do blackrose if you didn't have the worm cult but worm cult is going to be op next patch b/c they changed 4% healing into + magicka recovery on top of already getting + sp dmg & + reduce cost 5%; way better than the heavy seducer that sorcs are wearing imo
    Member of:
    Fantasia - osh kosh b-josh
    Just Chill - Crown's house
    GoldCloaks - Durruthy test server penga
    Small Meme Guild - Mano's house

Former member of:
    Legend - Siffer fan boy club
    TKO (tamriel knight's order) - free bks
    Deviance - Leonard's senche tiger
    Purple - hamNchz is my hero
    Eight Divines - myrlifax stop playing final fantasy
    WKB (we kill bosses) - turd where you go?
    Arcance Council - Klytz Kommander
    World Boss - Mike & Chewy gone EP
    M12 (majestic twelve) - cult of the loli zerg
  • Own
    Own
    ✭✭✭✭
    Calboy wrote: »
    Don't listen to the forums. Everyone is not wearing black rose. In fact there are more people wearing medium according to hard data supplied from zos.

Can you link me this?
  • altemriel
    altemriel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    l3alls wrote: »
    Calboy wrote: »
    Don't listen to the forums. Everyone is not wearing black rose. In fact there are more people wearing medium according to hard data supplied from zos.

Can you link me this?

this was it:

So regarding this hard data, does it discriminate between inactive & active characters?
    ZOS_RichLambert wrote: »
    I probably shouldn't respond to such a post, but gotta jump in. We do use data and compare that to player feedback and our own experiences on live. Players always assume that what they see is what everyone is doing... that is a very dangerous assumption. Let's take a more detailed look at question #7... (even though its trolly)
    "What hard data did you use when buffing heavy armor? If your data is reliable and / or your ability to interpret this data is satisfactory, why are HA sets like Black Rose so popular among damage dealers?"

Note: I'm only using NA PC data for a quick example... I don't have the time to wait for the report to parse all 180+ GB of data for all platforms.

Current armor bias of ALL players on NA PC:
    w2tkk.jpg
    http://i66.tinypic.com/w2tkk.jpg

Current armor bias of ONLY PVP players on NA PC
    308utdy.jpg
    http://i64.tinypic.com/308utdy.jpg

.. and now just for fun, here's the bias of all PVP players on NA PC with 501+ CP.
    2qwjwux.jpg
    http://i68.tinypic.com/2qwjwux.jpg

So in general, heavy isn't as popular as everyone thinks in PVP, especially at the higher end CP. The changes to heavy armor have swung things much closer to what I would call overall parity than ever before. There is still room for improvement however, especially when we start digging into things like class armor bias breakdowns. (i.e. - DK generally prefer heavy over all other armor types...etc)

the source of this reply from Rich was here:
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/291607/zos-claims-to-use-hard-data-for-balancing/p1
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Weaving = using a light or medium attack to follow up another ability cutting the animation short (or vise versa)

Animation Cancel = using block, roll dodge, or weapon swap, or bash to completely remove the animation from a casted ability

Example, pressing block after Dawnbreaker, you won't see any DB animation
    Edited by Waffennacht on September 21, 2016 7:59PM
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • SirAndy
    SirAndy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I read every stam character is running Blackrose.
    Nope ...
    ninja.gif

• Xvorg
    Xvorg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    After wearing Black Rose for a while on my mag Sorc, I've come to the conclusion that Seducer (or Magnus) would be a better choice if you want to run Heavy Armor.

This!!!

despite you end up using wet noodles to do dmg
    Sarcasm is something too serious to be taken lightly

I was born with the wrong sign
    In the wrong house
    With the wrong ascendancy
    I took the wrong road
    That led to the wrong tendencies
    I was in the wrong place at the wrong time
    For the wrong reason and the wrong rhyme
    On the wrong day of the wrong week
    Used the wrong method with the wrong technique
  • WreckfulAbandon
    WreckfulAbandon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vangy wrote: »
    Seriously?

Sorry but you are not hitting 3.2k SD unbuffed in Reactive, Warlock, and Malucheese. What you described is def a cheesy setup but the problem lies more with some sets than the Temp class.

PC NA

All my comments are regarding PvP
  • Calboy
    Calboy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Anyone tried mdk in black rose stacked everything into spell damage, maybe with bloodspawn?
  • Metemsycosis
    Metemsycosis
    ✭✭✭✭
    Can elegant (20% buff to heavy and light attacks) combine with destructive mastery (2K + Max magicka with destro equipped) ? Seems excellent for a high or dark elf fireball chucker. Drinks siphon attacks atro for Regen?
    Terethea Magdalena, Breton Nightblade
    A Dark-Adapted Eye, Imperial Necromancer

sanguinare vampiris

https://m.twitch.tv/amcrenshaw/profile
  • CapuchinSeven
    CapuchinSeven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Can elegant (20% buff to heavy and light attacks) combine with destructive mastery (2K + Max magicka with destro equipped) ? Seems excellent for a high or dark elf fireball chucker. Drinks siphon attacks atro for Regen?

Not sure, I've been wondering about changing from Breton to a High Elf NB using cloak crit destro heavy attacks with Elegant and Empower.

Not sure if Elegant and Empower stack though.
  • THEDKEXPERIENCE
    THEDKEXPERIENCE
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

What do you say to that?

5 Julianos
    5 Vicious Death (destro/resto, 3 jewelry, 1 gear)
    1 Kena

Kaboom.
    Edited by THEDKEXPERIENCE on September 24, 2016 2:05AM
  • Metemsycosis
    Metemsycosis
    ✭✭✭✭

Not sure, I've been wondering about changing from Breton to a High Elf NB using cloak crit destro heavy attacks with Elegant and Empower.

Not sure if Elegant and Empower stack though.

Just got my hands on elegant. Seems pretty powerful. Not sure why it would not stack with empower, since empower is nowhere near the tool tip. Btw elegant and destructive mastery can be used together, with jewelry sets involved. The staves and jewelry of either set are expensive atm (for me, anyway, whose characters live from campaign to campaign)
    Terethea Magdalena, Breton Nightblade
    A Dark-Adapted Eye, Imperial Necromancer

sanguinare vampiris

https://m.twitch.tv/amcrenshaw/profile
  • Sureshawt
    Sureshawt
    ✭✭✭✭
    Lesson of the day:

Do not believe everything you read especially if resides on the Internet.