The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

Magicka Sorc build

MalakithAlamahdi
MalakithAlamahdi
✭✭✭✭✭
Good day guys,

I'm looking for some advice for a nice pvp build for a magicka sorc. I'm a Breton.

Currently i've tried:
5 seducer
3 willpower (all spellpower enchants)
3 magnus

And:
5 Julianos
2 Magnus
1 kena
3 Willpower (all spellpower enchants)

With the first build the substain is great, but the damage is a bit low (2600-2700 spellpower buffed with out weapon enchant). While the second build has good damage but very little substain. Does anyone know a build that's a bit of both worlds?

I'm eager to hear from you!
  • XoxHANNIBALxoX
    XoxHANNIBALxoX
    ✭✭✭
    I run at the mo
    5 julianos
    3 seducer
    3 willpower
  • XoxHANNIBALxoX
    XoxHANNIBALxoX
    ✭✭✭
    What traits you using?
    What weapons?
    Skills?
  • WillhelmBlack
    WillhelmBlack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    You get more sustain than you would think using Harness Magicka, even in this stamina meta.

I like max magicka and Crit so Julianos and Vicious Death, I use recovery glyphs. It's working for me anyway, gonna get Spinners Robe set next patch though.
    PC EU
  • MalakithAlamahdi
    MalakithAlamahdi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What traits you using?
    What weapons?
    Skills?

Currently i'm using sharpened and divines on all weapons and armor. One flame staff and 1 resto staff.

Front bar: Crushing shock - Christal fragments - curse - hardened ward - streak
    Back bar: Endless fury- power surge - Shattering prison - Healing ward - Daedric minefield
    Overload bar: Bountless storm- hardened ward- defensive ruin - streak - inner light
  • FriedEggSandwich
    FriedEggSandwich
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vampire is good for sustain, pretty much a no-brainer in pvp, cp and shields can mitigate the extra fire damage. Amberplasm is a decent set, the 5 piece bonus adds 300 magicka regen and 300 stamina regen. With that and 1 bloodspawn you can have enough stam regen to use dark deal for endless magicka. Depends what for really, pvp or pve?
    PC | EU
  • XoxHANNIBALxoX
    XoxHANNIBALxoX
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah go vampire 4th stage but must have flame resist glyph on jewellery. Also go precise on resto and not sharpened.
    Edited by XoxHANNIBALxoX on September 19, 2016 5:55PM
  • XoxHANNIBALxoX
    XoxHANNIBALxoX
    ✭✭✭
    I also like mutagen for my oh s##t sustain health button
  • Hankrabbit
    Hankrabbit
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah go vampire 4th stage but must have flame resist glyph on jewellery. Also go infused on resto and not sharpened.

lol no. Don't use resist glyphs. Put some CP in elemental defender and it's fine.

I am wearing:

5 Julianos
    5 Amperplasm
    1 Kena

decent damage + decent sustain (magicka and stamina)
  • Izaki
    Izaki
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Don't use Divines you'll get wrecked when your shields are down. Best compromise is 3 Divines 4 Impen.

Check your Cps for sustain, cost reduction is more effective than recovery.

I run 5 Kags 2 Engine Guardian 3 Willpower Maelstrom Staff. Sustain and damage is great.

If you want to get more creative and have a small group then 5 Kags 5 Elegance and 1 Kena is great damage but a bit less sustain.

No point in running 3 shields its a magicka sink. Just hardened + healing gets the job done.
    @ Izaki #PCEU
    #FrenchKiss #GoneFor2YearsAndMyGuildDoesn'tRaidAnymore
    #MoreDPSthanYou
    #Stamblade
  • Izaki
    Izaki
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Hankrabbit wrote: »
    Yeah go vampire 4th stage but must have flame resist glyph on jewellery. Also go infused on resto and not sharpened.

lol no. Don't use resist glyphs. Put some CP in elemental defender and it's fine.

I am wearing:

5 Julianos
    5 Amperplasm
    1 Kena

I tried Amberplasm and to be honest the sustain is really not THAT much better. The 300 stam recovery is okay but in my opinion its not needed at all.
    @ Izaki #PCEU
    #MoreDPSthanYou
    #Stamblade
  • Izaki
    Izaki
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    What traits you using?
    What weapons?
    Skills?

Currently i'm using sharpened and divines on all weapons and armor. One flame staff and 1 resto staff.

Back bar: Endless fury- power surge - Shattering prison - Healing ward - Daedric minefield
    Overload bar: Bountless storm- hardened ward- defensive ruin - streak - inner light

Why do you front bar streak over endless fury?................ Shattering prison is also pretty useless when you have mines.

What I run in open world:

Front Bar: Frags, Force Pulse, Curse, Ward, Bound Aegis, Overload
    Back Bar: Daedric Tomb, Streak, Heal Ward, Power Surge, Bound Aegis, Shooting Star
    Overload bar: Frags, Endless Fury, Ward, Bound Aegis, Inner Light

Hits like a truck.
    @ Izaki #PCEU
    #MoreDPSthanYou
    #Stamblade
  • MalakithAlamahdi
    MalakithAlamahdi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What traits you using?
    What weapons?
    Skills?

Why do you front bar streak over endless fury?................ Shattering prison is also pretty useless when you have mines.

Back Bar: Daedric Tomb, Streak, Heal Ward, Power Surge, Bound Aegis, Shooting Star

Hits like a truck.

Folk in Cyrodiil gave the tip to do so. Streak is to excape quickly and since weapon swap can be very clunky, having a ward can be nice. But i can also give this a try. I don't really have acces to maelstrom weapons though...i do have a master staff. Would you reccomend 5-1-1- or 7 light? I do have the undaunted passives.
    Edited by MalakithAlamahdi on September 18, 2016 9:03PM
  • Hankrabbit
    Hankrabbit
    ✭✭✭

I am wearing:

5 Julianos
    5 Amperplasm
    1 Kena

I tried Amberplasm and to be honest the sustain is really not THAT much better. The 300 stam recovery is okay but in my opinion its not needed at all.

With this setup i get 1900 magicka recovery and 1100 stamina recovery. Works very good for me, i never run out of magicka. And if you want to use a sustain set its much better the magnus or seducer IMO.

Edit: you can use the bonus stamina for dark deal. it fits very well with amberplasm.
    Edited by Hankrabbit on September 18, 2016 9:11PM
  • Hankrabbit
    Hankrabbit
    ✭✭✭

I am wearing:

5 Julianos
    5 Amperplasm
    1 Kena

With this setup i get 1900 magicka recovery and 1100 stamina recovery. Works very good for me, i never run out of magicka. And if you want to use a sustain set its much better the magnus or seducer IMO.

double post.
    Edited by Hankrabbit on September 18, 2016 9:11PM
  • Izaki
    Izaki
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    What traits you using?
    What weapons?
    Skills?

Hits like a truck.

Folk in Cyrodiil gave the tip to do so. Streak is to excape quickly and since weapon swap can be very clunky, having a ward can be nice. But i can also give this a try. I don't really have acces to maelstrom weapons though...i do have a master staff. Would you reccomend 5-1-1- or 7 light? I do have the undaunted passives.

If you're having some sustain issues I'd suggest going with 1 Heavy and 6 light. Its a good compromise.

The vMSA weapon doesnt matter. If you can get your hands on gold Elegance jewelry (around 50k on XB1 EU) then you could use 2 Engine Guardian, 5 Kagrenac's Hope and 4 Elegance.
    The Elegant 4 piece in gold is better than Willpower in my opinion. I have still yet to figure out what to run for One Tamriel now that all sets come with jewelry, there can be some pretty interesting combos (Lich+Kags+Kena+Ilambris is what i'm really thinking of)

So just a little advice on the bars: the Overload bar isn't just another buff bar. Its your clean-up-annoying-cancer-builds bar. The whole point is you do your thing with the destro staff (curse, force pulse, proc a frag), don't throw the frag straight away, go into overload (ani cancel so its harder to see) chuck the frag and immediately follow up with an Overload and Endless Fury. Killer combo. Easy to dodge, but still killer when you pull it off. Never stay on your overload bar for too long though.
    Edited by Izaki on September 18, 2016 9:19PM
    @ Izaki #PCEU
    #MoreDPSthanYou
    #Stamblade
  • MalakithAlamahdi
    MalakithAlamahdi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Very interesting suggestions and tips, guess i've got a lot to learn for sorc!
  • MalakithAlamahdi
    MalakithAlamahdi
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I am wearing:

5 Julianos
    5 Amperplasm
    1 Kena

Edit: you can use the bonus stamina for dark deal. it fits very well with amberplasm.

How much spellpower do you have buffed if i may ask? :)
  • jhharvest
    jhharvest
    ✭✭✭
    I have still yet to figure out what to run for One Tamriel now that all sets come with jewelry, there can be some pretty interesting combos (Lich+Kags+Kena+Ilambris is what i'm really thinking of)
    5 Lich + 5 Spinner + something looks strong to me. I think the penetration will be very useful.
  • MalakithAlamahdi
    MalakithAlamahdi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What traits you using?
    What weapons?
    Skills?

Hits like a truck.

If you're having some sustain issues I'd suggest going with 1 Heavy and 6 light. Its a good compromise.

The vMSA weapon doesnt matter. If you can get your hands on gold Elegance jewelry (around 50k on XB1 EU) then you could use 2 Engine Guardian, 5 Kagrenac's Hope and 4 Elegance.
    The Elegant 4 piece in gold is better than Willpower in my opinion. I have still yet to figure out what to run for One Tamriel now that all sets come with jewelry, there can be some pretty interesting combos (Lich+Kags+Kena+Ilambris is what i'm really thinking of)

So just a little advice on the bars: the Overload bar isn't just another buff bar. Its your clean-up-annoying-cancer-builds bar. The whole point is you do your thing with the destro staff (curse, force pulse, proc a frag), don't throw the frag straight away, go into overload (ani cancel so its harder to see) chuck the frag and immediately follow up with an Overload and Endless Fury. Killer combo. Easy to dodge, but still killer when you pull it off. Never stay on your overload bar for too long though.

I've tried some of your tips (and the build) and I love it so bar. Especially the mages wrath - shard - overload, it onshots them if you get to hit the shard well (good way to get rid of them pesky archers). The damage is a lot better now as well!

Currently I use 5 kag, 3 magnus and 3 willpower, but will give engine guardian a try ones I got it in light with impen. Got only 1200 regen now and about 3k spelldamage, substain is manageable like this but out of combat it feels a bit low. Engine guardian will probably fix that though.

EDIT: Got about 42-43k magicka as well :)
    Edited by MalakithAlamahdi on September 21, 2016 8:57AM