Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Official Discussion Thread for One Tamriel Daily Quests

• Maotti
    Maotti
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They reaøly should decrease the respawntimer for dolmens.
    PC EU
  • Dubhliam
    Dubhliam
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rex-Umbra wrote: »
    Dubhliam wrote: »
    Rex-Umbra wrote: »
    I don't agree with nerfing bosses and dolmens but agree dailies should reward set items.

These dailies are a great way to provide players with meaningful things to do when they log in.

But even if they add set items in them (and they definitely should), having the bosses and dolmens drop those same sets with 100% drop rates will only devalue these great dailies.

I mean, why would someone bother doing those quests when they can just camp a boss or dolmen?
    And man, if there is something I really hate in MMO games, it's grinding and camping. It completely ruins any fun in a game. Rewards players for NOT playing the game, and further segregates "core" from "casual" gamers.

ZOS should reward players for logging in every day and doing their dailies, not the ones that nolife two days then make like a tree and leave for another game when they get bored.

I believe the main stated goal of the dailies is another option to level the guilds.

As a player who wants to get a particular set which only drop from a specific zone the current drop rate means Ill actually get the set I want in a reasonable amount of time. Doing dailies I get to do one a day unless I get some one to share with me and as a solo player I probably won't go to the trouble and then I would only get a random piece from a much larger pool of set items making it impossible to get the set I want complete.

By impossible you mean you could not go and buy it from a trader?

You see, a grinder can still get a hold of the sets he wants because they're BoE.
    But grinders should not be the ones profiting even more from grinding activities.
    >>>Detailed Justice System Concept thread<<<
  • Dubhliam
    Dubhliam
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Okay... let me try to make my point why I think high drop chances from bosses and dolmens is a bad idea.

What regulates prices in a MMO market?
    Supply and demand.

I cannot for certain say which sets are more popular than others (demand), and even guessing could not be used to determine if certain drop mechanics oversupply or not.

However, there are certain drops that have been added at the same time, have the same demand, and drop from different mechanics:
    Motifs.

Let's look at this example:
    motifprices.png
    All of these motifs were added at the same time, and it's safe to assume that neither one of those has a significantly higher demand than the other ones.

Yet the disparity in price is massive.

Why?
    GRIND

The more expensive ones are gained as a reward for a daily, while the cheaper is a boss drop.
    Dailies are limited to once per day per character, and require the completion of an errand.
    Bosses (or dolmens) on the other hand can be camped and grinded each day every day, with only the respawn being the limiting factor.

The grind is only rewarding for a short time frame just after launch, and usually only a handful of people with lots of time on their hands make a large profit before the added items are in oversupply and then become basically worthless.

ZOS, I beg of you...
    Learn from your best PvE zone: Orsinium.
    It has been almost a year since Orsinium launched, and it is still very crowded and popular.
    Why? Dailies!

Don't reward camping and grind.
    Let players have a prolonged rewarding experience from dailies, which are done by a significantly larger number of players unlike camping, which devalues items in a really short time span and reward only a handful of players.

@ZOS_RichLambert
    Edited by Dubhliam on September 15, 2016 4:54PM
  • anitajoneb17_ESO
    anitajoneb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Dubhliam : your post is too long to quote but just wanted to say : awesome !!! I hope ZOS listens to that.
  • bebynnag
    bebynnag
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    so am i correct in thinking these are daily quests rather than repeatable?

ie: once a day like heists/sacraments, rather than repeat until skill line is maxed like TG board/DB book
  • UrQuan
    UrQuan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

ie: once a day like heists/sacraments, rather than repeat until skill line is maxed like TG board/DB book
    Yes, but they can be shared, so you can do more than one of each in a day if you group up with people.
    Caius Drusus Imperial DK (DC)
    Bragg Ironhand Orc Temp (DC)
    Neesha Stalks-Shadows Argonian NB (EP)
    Falidir Altmer Sorcr (AD)
    J'zharka Khajiit NB (AD)
    Isabeau Runeseer Breton Sorc (DC)
    Fevassa Dunmer DK (EP)
    Manut Redguard Temp (AD)
    Tylera the Summoner Altmer Sorc (EP)
    Svari Snake-Blood Nord DK (AD)
    Ashlyn D'Elyse Breton NB (EP)
    Filindria Bosmer Temp (DC)
    Vigbjorn the Wanderer Nord Warden (EP)
    Hrokki Winterborn Breton Warden (DC)
    Basks-in-the-Sunshine Argonian Temp
    Someone stole my sweetroll
  • Dubhliam
    Dubhliam
    ✭✭✭✭✭

As UrQuan said, daily not repeatable.
    You get one of each: FG, MG, UD, but you can get other people to share their quests with you.
    In theory, you can do at least 45 dailies every day. (3 per regular zone) I am not sure if there are low zone dailies, Coldharbor or Craglorn dailies.
    Well, Craglorn already has it's own daily quests so I can only assume it won't get any additional ones.
  • UrQuan
    UrQuan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

You get one of each: FG, MG, UD, but you can get other people to share their quests with you.
    In theory, you can do at least 45 dailies every day. (3 per regular zone) I am not sure if there are low zone dailies, Coldharbor or Craglorn dailies.
    Well, Craglorn already has it's own daily quests so I can only assume it won't get any additional ones.
    I think there's a global limit on the number of daily quests you can do in a day, though. I could be wrong, but I could swear I remember someone talking about how it was possible to hit that limit when Imperial City came out (between the various Cyrodiil dailies, the crafting writs, the Imperial City dailies, etc). Of course, I've never hit any such limit, and I have no clue what it might be.
    J'zharka Khajiit NB (AD)
    Fevassa Dunmer DK (EP)
    Manut Redguard Temp (AD)
  • Dubhliam
    Dubhliam
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    UrQuan wrote: »

I think there's a global limit on the number of daily quests you can do in a day, though. I could be wrong, but I could swear I remember someone talking about how it was possible to hit that limit when Imperial City came out (between the various Cyrodiil dailies, the crafting writs, the Imperial City dailies, etc). Of course, I've never hit any such limit, and I have no clue what it might be.

First time I've heard of anything like that.
    What i know, is that sometimes I would simply pick up the Wrothgar delve dailies on my characters, then do them tomorrow, hand them in, pick up the new ones and hand those in also.
    However, sometimes I could not pick up today's daily.
    And the conclusion is simple: the game would have given me the same delve daily (e.g. Nikolvara) and that one is already marked as done for today, so I am left without a (second) daily.
  • anitajoneb17_ESO
    anitajoneb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

It's true, I hit that limit one day and was surprised. I don't remember exactly what I was doing that day so it's hard to tell, but I was "rushing" an alt through quests (I hate to grind mobs but I can rush-grind quests). So yes I had done all Cyro dailies, that would be 50 quests, + crafting and undaunted, + probably +/- 20 overland quests. So the limit is around 80 quests/day, maybe 100.
    Not sure why there's a limit in the forst place, though, but I can confirm that there is one.

• ZoM_Head
    ZoM_Head
    ✭✭✭✭
    These are repeatable dailies, every repeatable daily reward always gave us a blue coffer.

Now the Undaunted, FG and MG reward a green coffer.....Before i opened the coffee i knew i was going to get low level junk that will be just soled or decontructed.

May i ask that the coffers be blue/Superior quality please? Just like the daily Wrothgar bosses and dungeons? as well as the dailies in Hew's Bane and Gold Coast?
    mDKs still need a lot of love!
  • Contraptions
    Contraptions
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    With the undaunted/FG quests needing you to close three dolmens/kill a delve boss I suggest reducing the respawn timer for dolmens and delve bosses greatly. With the condensed population and these quests being added competition for dolmens and bosses will be very high, and honestly with the current 10 minute respawn timer it's not exactly fun having to wait up to half an hour just to complete a quest.
    Patroller and Editor at UESP
  • Jekerl
    Jekerl
    mod
    Dolmen spawns have changed. There should now always be one up within 10 seconds or so of the last one going down. However you may need to travel to another dolmen in the zone. In general the last one taken down won't respawn until another appears and is defeated .
    Edited by Jekerl on September 17, 2016 2:20PM
    Jeremy Sera
    Lead Content Designer
    Staff Post
  • Dubhliam
    Dubhliam
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jekerl wrote: »
    Dolmen spawns have changed. There should now always be one up within 10 seconds or so of the last one going down. However you may need to travel to another dolmen in the zone. In general the last one taken down won't respawn until another appears and is defeated .

The more reason to reward set items via dailies instead of dolmen chests.
    I mean, sure... make dolmens drop jewelry.
    Rarely.
    Don't encourage dolmen and boss farming.
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

It's true, I hit that limit one day and was surprised. I don't remember exactly what I was doing that day so it's hard to tell, but I was "rushing" an alt through quests (I hate to grind mobs but I can rush-grind quests). So yes I had done all Cyro dailies, that would be 50 quests, + crafting and undaunted, + probably +/- 20 overland quests. So the limit is around 80 quests/day, maybe 100.
    Not sure why there's a limit in the forst place, though, but I can confirm that there is one.
    Yep, and unless they've changed it recently, that limit is 50. ie, you can do no more than 50 repeatable/daily quests in one day. (When did you do that? That's definitely more than 50. If it was recently, maybe they have changed it from the original of 50 to something higher.)
    Edited by Enodoc on September 18, 2016 3:28PM
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
    Join us on Discord - discord.gg/uesp
  • anitajoneb17_ESO
    anitajoneb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Enodoc wrote: »
    Yep, and unless they've changed it recently, that limit is 50. ie, you can do no more than 50 repeatable/daily quests in one day. (When did you do that? That's definitely more than 50. If it was recently, maybe they have changed it from the original of 50 to something higher.)

Hell, I don't remember so precisely, it was over a year ago, probably summer 2015. But if you say it's 50 then it's 50, maybe I hadn't done undaunted or writs or whatever that day. I "hit" that limit while trying to do all cyro "pve" dailies (which I think there are 10 per town x 5 towns so that's 50). That's consistent with a limit of 50.
    Do you know by chance why there is such a limit ? I mean, 50 dailies is quite a bit of "work" but it still is doable in far less than one day. If someone has a day off and wants to pile up dailies all day, why prevent it ?

• Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not that I agree with it, but here's the reason:
    Ask Us Anything for ESO Live: 4/10
    LonePirate - Why is there a limit on the number of daily quests a player can complete each day?
    This is due to a combination of the increased rewards provided from daily quests with wanting to keep players with limited playtime from falling immediately and hopelessly behind.
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
  • anitajoneb17_ESO
    anitajoneb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not that I agree with it, but here's the reason:
    Ask Us Anything for ESO Live: 4/10
    LonePirate - Why is there a limit on the number of daily quests a player can complete each day?
    This is due to a combination of the increased rewards provided from daily quests with wanting to keep players with limited playtime from falling immediately and hopelessly behind.

MMhhh....
    Can't say I agree with it either... If they wanted to narrow the gaps between players depending on their playtime, the right thing to do would have been to keep soft caps... (another debate entirely).

Anyway THANK YOU very much for the info, it probably took you a bit of research, much appreciated.

• Dubhliam
    Dubhliam
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The Daily quest still reward crap rewards.

ZOS please!

I know it might be a little too late for a Mages Guild and Undaunted dailies to be swapped, since it requires complete new voice acting, but come on!
    You seriously believe anyone will do these quests for those miserable rewards?
    Nothing tradeable, just vendor trash?

MAKE THE DAILIES DROP ITEM SETS!

LOWER THE SET DROP RATES OF BOSSES AND DOLMENS!

If each boss has an average respawn time of 10 minutes (and I believe this will be lower due to the forced respawn from dailies), and there are 6 bosses per zone... that will be: 36 set pieces per hour per character for each zone.
    Let's assume there will be an average of 4 players killing the boss (and I believe there will be many more people camping popular sets).
    That is around 3500 item sets generated each day for every zone.
    50,000 BoE set items per day!
    And this is only from World Bosses, if we are to assume that dolmens and public dungeons will produce the same amount of sets per minute, then that number becomes around:
    150,000 BoE set items per day!
    MINIMUM!
    This would be true if there is only one shard of a particular zone active. Currently on live there are always at least 3 shards active for each zone at any time.
    Now we are at almost HALF A MILLION SET ITEMS generated each day.

To compare, one account would be able to produce 36 sets daily if he did all three dailies on 12 characters. That same number that will be accumulated in one hour of Boss farming.
    If we were to compare that statistics to how Wrothgar dailies work, it is still a heck of a lot more easier to obtain desired sets.
    Remember, Wrothgar dailies would not always award a set piece, and even when they did, it was rarely cp160.

These are all broad estimates, but as you can see, the sheer number of set items generated per day will quickly overflow the market, and you will have diminished the impact of this massive(ly) wonderful update.
    This is a truly grand overhaul of the game itemization rewards, and the opportunity to set forth a long term healthy base incentive mechanism will be wasted.
    Nobody want something retroactively taken away from them (looking at you, CP160 trials).

I urge you, PLEASE consider rerouting the set item rewards to be obtained primarily from Dailies.

@ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_JessicaFolsom @ZOS_RichLambert
  • deadlychaos1991
    deadlychaos1991
    ✭✭✭
    Guys don't spoil the undaunted delves! It lets you do it solo and you can share quests with your group members, which means ideally you can do 96 in a day. Not that you could find that many but that's like 3 or 4 levels of undaunted. FINALLY A QUICK WAY TO LEVEL UP UNDAUNTED AND YOU GUYS WANNA RUIN IT AND MAKE THEM PUBLIC DUNGEONS? Are you high?
  • Rex-Umbra
    Rex-Umbra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I would only agree with rewards only coming from dailies if there were all three dailies located in every zone in the game. So i could choose to do the dailies in the zones i was hunting gear for.
    Xbox GT: Rex Umbrah
    GM of IMPERIUM since 2015.
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Guys don't spoil the undaunted delves! It lets you do it solo and you can share quests with your group members, which means ideally you can do 96 in a day. Not that you could find that many but that's like 3 or 4 levels of undaunted. FINALLY A QUICK WAY TO LEVEL UP UNDAUNTED AND YOU GUYS WANNA RUIN IT AND MAKE THEM PUBLIC DUNGEONS? Are you high?
    The Undaunted is a group-focused Guild. They shouldn't be offering things for solo, as that is not their purpose.
  • deadlychaos1991
    deadlychaos1991
    ✭✭✭
    The Undaunted is a group-focused Guild. They shouldn't be offering things for solo, as that is not their purpose.

Oh I know how much lore means to you. The story telling in this game is SOOOOO good. Level up 8 characters and get undaunted 9 on every character and then come back to me, kid
  • helediron
    helediron
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Move the questgivers closer to each other. At least in Elden Root there is silly running around just to get the quests.

Daily rewards were rubbish.
    Edited by helediron on September 24, 2016 11:59AM
    On hiatus. PC,EU,AD - crafting completionist - @helediron 900+ cp, @helestor 1000+ cp, @helestar 800+ cp, @helester 700+ cp - Dragonborn Z Suomikilta, Harrods, Master Crafter. - Blog - Crafthouse: all stations, all munduses, all dummies, open to everyone
  • Dubhliam
    Dubhliam
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    We can all agree the rewards are rubbish.

@deadlychaos1991
    Insulting a community ambassador by calling him "kid" does not go to your favor.

Besides, for all intents and purposes, Public dungeons ARE solo content.
    So there would still be a valid way to earn Undaunted points outside group dungeons.

Also, if you argue that Public dungeons are not solo friendly, how is then that fair for Mages guild dailies?

As I said, it might be too late to swap MG and UD dailies (since it requires completely reworked voice overs).
    But editing rewards and boss loot tables is a simple modification.

@Rex-Umbra
    There would be way too much dailies to do if every character would be able to start 3 quests in each zone.
    Remember that these dailies are shareable. You would only need to go to the zone where you want to farm a set and have people share those quests with you.
    Also, if you want a particular set, you can always buy one from the Guild Traders, since those drops are BoE.
    Unlike dungeon and trial sets that need to be farmed.
  • UrQuan
    UrQuan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wait, let me get this straight.

You're talking about how you'll be able to group with a ton of people and do the quest sharing thing to quickly level Undaunted. But you're complaining about the idea of having the quests send you to public dungeons because you don't want to group. Never mind that you already have to group to get more than 1 of these per day. Never mind that you really don't need a group to do a public dungeon.

OK, I think you're going to need to answer your own question here:
    Are you high?
    J'zharka Khajiit NB (AD)
    Fevassa Dunmer DK (EP)
    Manut Redguard Temp (AD)
  • deadlychaos1991
    deadlychaos1991
    ✭✭✭

You're talking about how you'll be able to group with a ton of people and do the quest sharing thing to quickly level Undaunted. But you're complaining about the idea of having the quests send you to public dungeons because you don't want to group. Never mind that you already have to group to get more than 1 of these per day. Never mind that you really don't need a group to do a public dungeon.

Are you high?

I'm not talking about being in a group. There's under 20 public dungeons. There's almost 100 delves in the game
  • Dubhliam
    Dubhliam
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Are you high?

I'm not talking about being in a group. There's under 20 public dungeons. There's almost 100 delves in the game

If you're talking about respawn timers on bosses, I am sure those will work just as current Gold Coast delve dailies: the boss respawn will be forced if a player with a daily gets close.

And once again, if you think this won't be the case, I ask you:
    How is this fair for Mages Guild dailies then?
  • UrQuan
    UrQuan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Are you high?

So you're talking about the fact that under the best of circumstances you could only do about 15 or so (I don't know if the quests will ever send you to Coldharbour or a DLC zone) Undaunted dailies in a single day if they were in public dungeons, as opposed to potentially being able to do almost 100 in delves.

In practical terms, there's really no difference. Trying to group with different people to do more than about 15 of any of the dailies in a single day is simply not feasible. Aside from the fact that there's a global cap on the total number of daily/repeatable quests you can do in a single day anyway, trying to find people with all of those different quests would take hours and hours on top of any time spent actually going and doing the quests.
    J'zharka Khajiit NB (AD)
    Fevassa Dunmer DK (EP)
    Manut Redguard Temp (AD)
  • deadlychaos1991
    deadlychaos1991
    ✭✭✭
    That's why I said potentially...and idk about you but I have a TON of guildies that would be more than happy to do undaunted farming that way. look mages guild isn't that hard to level up. Fighters guild isn't that hard to level up. I know everyone is SO concerned with lore and how it fits into the universe, but have you ever tried grinding out undaunted 9 on multiple characters? Didn't think so.