The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Stopping Cancer Builds in PVP

nk125x
nk125x
✭✭✭✭✭
We have all seen them. The unkillable perma blocking tank. One simple way to help mitigate this would be to not allow block casting. If you are blocking you cant do anything else.
  • Ahzek
    Ahzek
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Perma block is not cancer.
    Jo'Khaljor
  • smokey13a
    smokey13a
    ✭✭✭
    that would make no difference at all really though as they would just stop blocking for a split second to use an attack then block again.

also this whole game is set for "cancer builds", the only way to stop them is to completely change the way armour set bonuses and the CP system work but ZOS would never do that plus if they did people would realize they aren't as skilled as they thought they were and probably leave the game.
  • Destyran
    Destyran
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    nk125x wrote: »
    We have all seen them. The unkillable perma blocking tank. One simple way to help mitigate this would be to not allow block casting. If you are blocking you cant do anything else.

You walk away and leave them they cant kill you lol
  • shepardTHEweak
    shepardTHEweak
    ✭✭✭
    why ''CANCER'' can you even get cancer from gaming?
  • Shad0wfire99
    Shad0wfire99
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Man, you're really gonna hate the new S&B Ult.

XBox NA
  • Ch4mpTW
    Ch4mpTW
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    why ''CANCER'' can you even get cancer from gaming?

Meme-You-serious-bruh-or-nah-Picture.jpg
  • THEDKEXPERIENCE
    THEDKEXPERIENCE
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    You're seriously complaining about tanks? There's like 10 of them total per server. Here is how you stop them, hit the guy behind the tank.
  • Cazzy
    Cazzy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I really would like to see the word "Cancer" removed from people's vocabulary when describing anything other than the actual serious illness.

Sorry to be a party pooper but I genuinely think the term can be considered offensive :/
  • Shad0wfire99
    Shad0wfire99
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hyperbole is the language of the internet. Cancer = Bad. It is what it is.

XBox NA
  • Ch4mpTW
    Ch4mpTW
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hyperbole is the language of the internet. Cancer = Bad. It is what it is.

Not only that, but it's being used in the correct context.

http://www.Dictionary.com/browse/Cancer
    2. any evil condition or thing that spreads destructively; blight.
    Edited by Ch4mpTW on September 13, 2016 11:32AM
  • Vipstaakki
    Vipstaakki
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have an idea! Lets nerf Sorcerers some more! Always fun!
  • Asmael
    Asmael
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    All of the following are considered cancer:
    • Playing a magplar
    • Playing a stamblade
    • Using Viper's Sting
    • Using Velidreth
    • Using Eternal Hunt
    • Using Reactive armor
    • Using Black Rose
    • Using Snipe from stealth
    • Being a ganker in general
    • Using immovable potions
    • Perma blocking
    • Not dying within 3 seconds of the start of the fight
    • Using LoS (Line of sight) to stay alive
    • Using a blazing templar build
    • Using a bomb build
    • Camping mines on a sorc
    • Stacking multiple shields
    • Using a health regen build
    • Using heavy armor
    • Playing the game
    • Using wings against a sorc / ranged magblade
    • Using Dawnbreaker
    • Using Incapaciting Strike
    • Using Daedric mines
    • Using Cloak
    • Using purify
    • Using Lingering health potions
    • Playing stamina
    • Being a tank
    • Using coldharbor sieges
    • Outnumbering someone by 2 or more
    • Spamming Wrecking blow
    • Using Reverbating bash
    • Using Storm knight
    • Using Salvation
    • Ganking other players
    • Using a one-shot wonder build
    • Using Streak twice or more
    • Using gap closers

At which point you might as well say "**** it" and just play the game as it should be. Play by your own rules, not others'.
    PC EU - Zahraji of the Void, aka "Kitty", the fluffiest salmon genocider in town.
    Poke @AsmaeI (last letter is uppercase "i") on PC EU or Asmael#9325 on Discord and receive a meow today.
  • nk125x
    nk125x
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Problem is, if nothing is done, after the new release there will only be 2 classes of player in PVP

1: The Unkillable tank, with tava and bloodspawn will be able to perm keep up the s&b ult 24x7

2: The 2H Stam NB oneshotting anything that move with its Ult and instantly having ult back for the next oneshot

This isn't a great place to be and PVP will die. Maybe this is ZOS's plan as they don't seam to give any love to the PVP player.
  • WillhelmBlack
    WillhelmBlack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Asmael wrote: »
    • Playing a magplar
    • Playing a stamblade
    • Using Viper's Sting
    • Using Velidreth
    • Using Eternal Hunt
    • Using Reactive armor
    • Using Black Rose
    • Perma blocking
    • Using a bomb build
    • Using heavy armor
    • Playing the game
    • Using Dawnbreaker
    • Using Daedric mines
    • Using Cloak
    • Using purify
    • Playing stamina
    • Being a tank
    • Spamming Wrecking blow
    • Using Reverbating bash
    • Using Storm knight
    • Using Salvation
    • Ganking other players
    • Using gap closers

At which point you might as well say "**** it" and just play the game as it should be. Play by your own rules, not others'.

Love this
    PC EU
  • Asardes
    Asardes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    They are ineffective anyway, because cancer kills to slow to earn AP. Better stick to that ebola or pneumonic plague builds :)
    Beta tester since February 2014, played ESO-TU October 2015 - August 2022, currently on an extended break
    vMA (The Flawless Conqueror) | vVH (Spirit Slayer & of the Undying Song) | vDSA | vAA HM | vHRC HM | vSO HM | vMoL | vAS+1 | Emperor

PC-EU CP 3000+
    41,000+ Achievement Points before High Isle
    Member of:
    Pact Veteran Trade: Exemplary
    Traders of the Covenant: God of Sales
    Tamriels Emporium: God of Sales
    Valinor Overflow: Trader
    The Traveling Merchant: Silver

Characters:
    Asardes | 50 Nord Dragonknight | EP AR 50 | Master Crafter: all traits & recipes, all styles released before High Isle
    Alxaril Nelcarion | 50 High Elf Sorcerer | AD AR 20 |
    Dro'Bear Three-paws | 50 Khajiit Nightblade | AD AR 20 |
    Veronique Nicole | 50 Breton Templar | DC AR 20 |
    Sabina Flavia Cosades | 50 Imperial Warden | EP AR 20 |
    Ervesa Neloren | 50 Dark Elf Dragonknight | EP AR 20 |
    Fendar Khodwin | 50 Redguard Sorcerer | DC AR 20 |
    Surilanwe of Lillandril | 50 High Elf Nightblade | AD AR 20 |
    Joleen the Swift | 50 Redguard Templar | DC AR 20 |
    Draynor Telvanni | 50 Dark Elf Warden | EP AR 20 |
    Claudius Tharn | 50 Necromancer | DC AR 20 |
    Nazura-la the Bonedancer | 50 Necromancer | AD AR 20 |

Tharkul gro-Shug | 50 Orc Dragonknight | DC AR 4 |
    Ushruka gra-Lhurgash | 50 Orc Sorcerer | AD AR 4 |
    Cienwen ferch Llywelyn | 50 Breton Nightblade | DC AR 4 |
    Plays-with-Sunray | 50 Argonian Templar | EP AR 4 |
    Milariel | 50 Wood Elf Warden | AD AR 4 |
    Scheei-Jul | 50 Necromancer | EP AR 4 |

PC-NA CP 1800+
    30,000+ Achievement Points before High Isle
    Member of:
    Savage Blade: Majestic Machette

Characters:
    Asardes the Exile | 50 Nord Dragonknight | EP AR 30 |
  • iAmLife
    iAmLife
    ✭✭✭
    People really need to stop using the word cancer/cancerous type of words... we know it's a *** build (Insert build here) but to those whoever use that 'cancerous/cancer' word literally need to sort themselves out.. it's lame and doesn't really make much sense.. OH MY GOD THIS CANCER BUILD... OMG THIS CANCER ATTACK... GODDAMNIT CANCER CRAP HITTING US AGAIN... WHERE IS THIS CANCEROUS SEXTON! ... whoever thought of that must be a real *** who likes to throw the word cancer around a lot and doesn't really know much about it... not a word to use lightly...

on that bombshell..

Birds the word...
    I'll own you fool, COME AT ME YOU SON OF A GUN, hi names Life... LIKE FOR LIFE kthnxbye
  • Shad0wfire99
    Shad0wfire99
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Maybe people should just stop being offended at every little thing anyone says.

XBox NA
  • DKsUnite
    DKsUnite
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Asmael wrote: »
    • Playing a magplar
    • Playing a stamblade
    • Using Viper's Sting
    • Using Velidreth
    • Using Eternal Hunt
    • Using Reactive armor
    • Using Black Rose
    • Perma blocking
    • Using a bomb build
    • Using heavy armor
    • Playing the game
    • Using Dawnbreaker
    • Using Daedric mines
    • Using Cloak
    • Using purify
    • Playing stamina
    • Being a tank
    • Spamming Wrecking blow
    • Using Reverbating bash
    • Using Storm knight
    • Using Salvation
    • Ganking other players
    • Using gap closers

Hence why mDK is the best :D you can never be called cancer unless you wear fasalla which is a cancer and gives cancer to enemies you hit you
    Vyr Cor | Magicka Dragonknight | DC
    Vir Cor | Stamina Dragonknight | DC

Latest Videos:
    Magicka Dragonknight: Vyr Cor | "A Dragon's Fury" | Magicka Dragonknight PvP
    Stamina Dragonknight: Vir Cor | "Heathen" | Stamina Dragonknight PvP

Youtube: CorGaming
  • iAmLife
    iAmLife
    ✭✭✭

It's not being offended or anything, majority say it on here... probably 90% of them just sheeple others who are addicted to this word.. whatever the person may define it end of the day.. we all look at it as an illness... and it's just cringey when someone mentions it...

It ain't 'little' if majority already say it... but their choice if they want to live a cringey life of a forum poster from south ghana in a town called Life... because iAmLife...
    I'll own you fool, COME AT ME YOU SON OF A GUN, hi names Life... LIKE FOR LIFE kthnxbye
  • Shad0wfire99
    Shad0wfire99
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    iAmLife wrote: »

It's not being offended or anything, majority say it on here... probably 90% of them just sheeple others who are addicted to this word.. whatever the person may define it end of the day.. we all look at it as an illness... and it's just cringey when someone mentions it...

It ain't 'little' if majority already say it... but their choice if they want to live a cringey life of a forum poster from south ghana in a town called Life... because iAmLife...

As @Ch4mpTW already explained it's being used in the correct context, so, go ahead and cringe, I suppose.

XBox NA
  • iAmLife
    iAmLife
    ✭✭✭

As @Ch4mpTW already explained it's being used in the correct context, so, go ahead and cringe, I suppose.

Yes... and if you read what I wrote you would've known I already explained it... but don't worry I made it bold for you my simpleton buddy! Life is a challenge I know, that is why I am here :)

But tbh since ESO if I'm not wrong requires you to be 18? and they pretty much blocked out all the words to describe something as sh!t, I'm guessing the word 'cancer' fills in the gap.

#NO2PROFANITY
    Edited by iAmLife on September 13, 2016 12:14PM
  • RAGUNAnoOne
    RAGUNAnoOne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nerfs that affect PvE but were made because of some PvP players complaining are cancer.
    Edited by RAGUNAnoOne on September 13, 2016 12:17PM
    PS4 NA
    Argonian Master Race

PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

Support Tail armor and tail ribbons: http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/236333/concept-tail-armor-for-beast-races#latest
    http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/246134/request-dyeable-tail-ribbons
  • Cazzy
    Cazzy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    cancer
    ˈkansə/Submit
    noun
    a disease caused by an uncontrolled division of abnormal cells in a part of the body.
    "he's got cancer"
    a malignant growth or tumour resulting from an uncontrolled division of cells.
    plural noun: cancers
    "most skin cancers are curable"
    synonyms: malignant growth, cancerous growth, malignant tumour, tumour, malignancy.
  • Peekachu99
    Peekachu99
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

I held my mother's hand as she passed from this world to the next from lymphoblastic lieukemia. Maybe people should start exercising some emphathy and common sense when opening their mouths online or in real life and realize that the world extends well beyond their carefully groomed sardonic indifference.

It's always a joke at someone else's expense until it happens to you. And I'm all for tasteless humor myself--there's few things that I won't poke fun at. But the prevalence of the term in reference to something as lighthearted as video games is almost sociopathically dissonant.
  • Shad0wfire99
    Shad0wfire99
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Yes... and if you read what I wrote you would've known I already explained it... but don't worry I made it bold for you my simpleton buddy! Life is a challenge I know, that is why I am here :)

But tbh since ESO if I'm not wrong requires you to be 18? and they pretty much blocked out all the words to describe something as sh!t, I'm guessing the word 'cancer' fills in the gap.

#NO2PROFANITY

Cancer. Get mad.

XBox NA
  • Cazzy
    Cazzy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Peekachu99 wrote: »

I held my mother's hand as she passed from this world to the next from lymphoblastic lieukemia. Maybe people should start exercising some emphathy and common sense when opening their mouths online or in real life and realize that the world extends well beyond their carefully groomed sardonic indifference.

It's always a joke at someone else's expense until it happens to you. And I'm all for tasteless humor myself--there's few things that I won't poke fun at. But the prevalence of the term in reference to something as lighthearted as video games is almost sociopathically dissonant.

I'm so sorry :( I watched my grandfather pass in a decrepit hospital bed unable to speak. He was my world. There was nothing I could say to someone who meant so much. We just waved goodbye.

I've been raising money for Cancer Research for the longest time. Last year I played ESO for 24 hours straight to help Macmillan Cancer Support - it's an awful illness and having a charity there who understands and helps people is vital. They really deserve love :smile:
    Edited by Cazzy on September 13, 2016 12:20PM
  • iAmLife
    iAmLife
    ✭✭✭

#NO2PROFANITY

Cancer. Get mad.

Sex
  • TequilaFire
    TequilaFire
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    People having a heart attack over the word cancer are going to end up having a stroke.
  • WillhelmBlack
    WillhelmBlack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

It's not just a little thing though is it. Cancer is a serious condition that affects 1 in 3 people in this thread alone, it's not some players you can't kill in a video game. I don't even know how you can compare the two, it's childish, ignorant, it's ****ing disgusting tbh.
    PC EU
  • iAmLife
    iAmLife
    ✭✭✭
    Let the 'cancer' wording addicted who use it wrongly users enter... this will be fun :D
    Edited by iAmLife on September 13, 2016 12:19PM
This discussion has been closed.