Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Brand New Motifs - and now Furnitures & Housing - dedicated website !

Llogwey
Llogwey
✭✭✭✭
Hello everybody,

this topic is to inform you I built a new website dedicated to all ESO styles. ---> http://eso-styles.com

I know there are already PLENTY of websites showing off every craftable motifs , eso fashion being one of the best but the purpose of my site is to be able to compare all items from every set on a piece by piece basis

I made thousands and thousands of screenshots, both front and back of every single item (head, belts, boots, gloves separated) and built a search engine allowing you to compare every item side by side. I did not take level in consideration as color can be changed using Dye station, but I considered the level-tier armors and weapons when the "design" and concept art was actually changing (which means level 1-14, 16-24, 26-34 and 36+)
I also considered Female and Male armor when it comes to Chest pieces and made both screens in this case

I spent dozens of hours (and ten of thousands of golds) collecting up every motif, but also every piece of UNcraftable styles (ebony, ra gada, savior's hide, reach winter, worm cult, kothringi, Xit-Xhat, Ashlander, monster sets) and put them on this site too (as they will certainly become craftable at one point in the future)

I also made sure to be on PTS to capture every forthcoming sets : Hollowjack, Stalhrim Frostcaster, Grim Harlequin and the brand new 16 monster sets

You can search through the search engine on my website but I'll give you some search example here, hoping you like what you see :blush:

ALL 16 new monster sets

New Full Sets (for men, seen in front) for Grim Harlequin, Hollowjack, and Frostcaster in heavy, medium and light (you can change the search criteria from this url directly)

All the known shields ingame (craftable or not)

all the Belt buckles ingame :)

one last for the road...
comparison between tier1, tier2 and tier3 dwemer staffs and the Maelstrom staff

And you can do thousands of comparison combinations...

Please consider that I work all alone on this project with my wife helping me feed the website and crop the pictures. All pictures are taken from my own characters (live and PTS) this is a project in progress I still haven't filled everything (missing the basic styles, ra gada and dro-m'athra for example) I've not had the time to upload the pictures yet but I keep updating them, hundreds of pics per week... I'll always post new content on the front page of the site

I would also like to thank @Vaoh a lot for his precious topic referencing all existing motif in the correct order. His thread has been and still is of great and tremendous help for me, to know about every existing motif ingame ! you can check his topic here --> https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/260228/all-motifs-updated-list/p1

I hope you understand this site is built to be a gallery and not a blog or community hub so it is very sober in terms of possibility for feedback, posts, comments, or anything except the search engine and the pictures... If you have any comment feel free to post comment here or send me an email if you want

I hope ZOS will also like this project and I'd really like knowing what they think about it ;) so please @ZOS_JessicaFolsom or @ZOS_GinaBruno , tell me what you think ;)

update February 2017

The site now includes a whole new category dedicated to housing with tables referencing :smile:
- all recipes (ingredient and skill requirements provided)
- all houses (their racial style, their cost in gold and crowns, their location, and both english and french names)
- all furnitures (with exhaustive info on source vendor & locations, crafting & plan types, costs, ingame links, categories and sub categories AND pictures
- a browsable gallery (more than 2200 pictures out of the 2890 existing items)

Edited by Llogwey on May 22, 2017 1:04PM
  • Jazbay_Grape
    Jazbay_Grape
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hey, this is great. You did an awesome job on this. There was some other dude who set up a site like this, but then it was shut down because he was abducted by aliens or something.
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Awesome Job. Thank your for all your work and effort, it is appreciated.

You did ask for feedback, and mine should be simple to address, and its more a nit pick than anything else. The Shortcut Icons tend to show like the middle of an outfit, like focused on the belt for instance. Is there any way to make those Snapshots be of the same aspect and view of the original, but just smaller? Might help in going back and forth on different things as people choose what they like.

However, this is a huge project, and your efforts and time and game resources being spent on this is not over looked.
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• Llogwey
    Llogwey
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yeah there was mystical, whom I knew but he decided to give up.. I once offered him to give him my pics but he did not want to manage piece by piece nor the UNcraftable items....

I'm a masochist fan so I wanted every detail done, and one is never served better than by oneself it is said, so I developped and customized my own wordpress to do so...

About your feedback @nestor I agree with you, but as I am using wordpress with a very precise template (I am not that good a developper) I could not create the thumbnail the perfect way I wanted so I tried my best to recenter or refocus them, especially when it comes to 2H weapons... that's the best I can do I fear :/ for the time being at least
    I'll give it a try, but having sets like really small thumbnails of the whole armore may damage the aspect ratio dramatically

I made a test for the stalhrim frostcaster heavy full set here

The male one I managed to have it full but it is dramatically small... the female one I recentered it on the upper torso... what would be best according to you? I could generalize this to all Chests and Full sets (well that'll require quite a bit or cropping work though.... hundreds of pics to edit ;)
    Edited by Llogwey on September 12, 2016 10:03PM
  • Whilhelmina
    Whilhelmina
    ✭✭✭
    Llogwey wrote: »
    Please consider that I work all alone on this project with my wife helping me feed the website and crop the pictures.
    oooooh, I actually got my credit! *looks in shock*
    Thanks hubby

I'm a masochist fan so I wanted every detail done, and one is never served better than by oneself it is said, so I developped and customized my own wordpress to do so...
    More like a complete maniac tbh

I tried to work on a table sorted by alphabetical order of pre-made searches to access a whole set more easily, so we'll try to create something along those lines at some time in the future.

• Tevalaur
    Tevalaur
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah there was mystical, whom I knew but he decided to give up.. I once offered him to give him my pics but he did not want to manage piece by piece nor the UNcraftable items....

About your feedback @nestor I agree with you, but as I am using wordpress with a very precise template (I am not that good a developper) I could not create the thumbnail the perfect way I wanted so I tried my best to recenter or refocus them, especially when it comes to 2H weapons... that's the best I can do I fear :/ for the time being at least
    I'll give it a try, but having sets like really small thumbnails of the whole armore may damage the aspect ratio dramatically

I made a test for the stalhrim frostcaster heavy full set here

The male one I managed to have it full but it is dramatically small... the female one I recentered it on the upper torso... what would be best according to you? I could generalize this to all Chests and Full sets (well that'll require quite a bit or cropping work though.... hundreds of pics to edit ;)

I think the overview male thumb will be more effective if one has looked at lots of motifs and trying to recollect which is which of what they've seen. Yes, it's very small, but it is a thumbnail which will effectively jog the memory.
    Is Uncle John's band calling you? Do you daydream about Sugar Magnolias? Is your favorite sunflower a China Cat? Tired of Truckin' alone to Terrapin Station? If so, share some Space with other hippies & deadheads in the guild Sunshine Daydream! Send a message in game (PC-NA) to Kaibeth for your invitation.
  • timidobserver
    timidobserver
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Good job. ZOS should give you some kind of spotlight for this.
    V16 Uriel Stormblessed EP Magicka Templar(main)
    V16 Derelict Vagabond EP Stamina DK
    V16 Redacted Ep Stam Sorc
    V16 Insolent EP Magicka Sorc(retired)
    V16 Jed I Nyte EP Stamina NB(retired)

• RoyalPink06
    RoyalPink06
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wow, great job on this. I do not even wanna think about how much work you put and are still putting into it. Bookmarked!
    NA PS4
  • Diminish
    Diminish
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Great job on this. I thought about making a tool that allowed you to physically place armor in different styles on a character so you could see how your character would look with specific armor pieces crafted in specific styles. The thing that held me back is that I feel like if I were to spend the time to do this, ZoS would just implement it in game (where it ought to be) a week later and render the massive amount of time I spent creating it wasted. Best of luck moving forward with this!
  • Auricle
    Auricle
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is amazing, and exactly what I've been hoping someone more dedicated than myself would conjure up. I can't even imagine how much time and care went into creating this.

This is a victory for OCD folks everywhere. Much appreciated! :D
  • OutLaw_Nynx
    OutLaw_Nynx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Amazing!
  • Llogwey
    Llogwey
    ✭✭✭✭
    Tevalaur wrote: »
    I think the overview male thumb will be more effective if one has looked at lots of motifs and trying to recollect which is which of what they've seen. Yes, it's very small, but it is a thumbnail which will effectively jog the memory.

maybe I could do this for chest (without head, bu recentered on upper torso), and do a full tiny thumbnail for full set. well I don't know what other people think about it, but on my screen (which is still a 19" 4:3) this is too small to distinguish anything :(

• Tai-Chi
    Tai-Chi
    ✭✭✭✭
    Thank-you! This is a wonderful project. Like others, I have bookmarked the page.

Do you have a dedicated web-site for the pics? :)
    PC - EU (Main) & PC - NA
  • Llogwey
    Llogwey
    ✭✭✭✭
    thanks for the kind feedbacks folks :) At least I feel that my work is not meaningless and other people find it useful (I thought I'd be alone to use it lol)

@Tai-Chi what do you mean about dedicated web-site for the pics?

the site is a whole huge wordpress with its own internal image gallery that I feed, at the moment it uses 3GB of disk space but everything is stored in the wordpress and I upload the pics and feed the data in the wordpress admin section.

the website and domain name (faerylands.eu) are my own, It's a web hosting I pay every year that allows some dozens of GB of space and several functionnalities.

I may end up puting a paypal donation window on the site though at the moment I'd prefer help providing me motifs on the EU server, or gold to pay them in guild stores in order to carry on the job... all my ingame money goes into buying motifs oO and it's especially difficult with Dro-m'athra (and soon Celestial) because I do not raid...

• Tai-Chi
    Tai-Chi
    ✭✭✭✭
    thanks for the kind feedbacks folks :) At least I feel that my work is not meaningless and other people find it useful (I thought I'd be alone to use it lol)

@Tai-Chi what do you mean about dedicated web-site for the pics?

the site is a whole huge wordpress with its own internal image gallery that I feed, at the moment it uses 3GB of disk space but everything is stored in the wordpress and I upload the pics and feed the data in the wordpress admin section.

the website and domain name (faerylands.eu) are my own, It's a web hosting I pay every year that allows some dozens of GB of space and several functionnalities.

I may end up puting a paypal donation window on the site though at the moment I'd prefer help providing me motifs on the EU server, or gold to pay them in guild stores in order to carry on the job... all my ingame money goes into buying motifs oO and it's especially difficult with Dro-m'athra (and soon Celestial) because I do not raid...

LoL, That's just me showing my ignorance of 'high tech' stuff.
    http://eso-styles.faerylands.eu is what I was looking for.

When I opened the above link, for the first time, the drop-down menus (on the left) were closed and therefore I did not realise that everything was in one place. Silly me, bookmarked the ESO Community page! I have got it now. Better late than never.

Thanks again B)

PC - EU (Main) & PC - NA
  • Alp
    Alp
    ✭✭✭✭
    This is really nice. If you need any help with graphics, background, logo etc. for the site just ask.
    I don't have much of a portfolio but I got my website and too much free time. Would love to contribute to making a site like this the go-to place for looking up motif styles.

http://marcsteen.com/
  • Llogwey
    Llogwey
    ✭✭✭✭
    Just a little update to tell you I uploaded all the Breton style (well, basic styles are really harder to put online than exotic ones really... so many sub sets... 240 items for an armor set , as opposed to only 60 items for "level agnostic" exotic styles)

working on all the remaining weapons sets for the moment, waiting for my toons to be copied on PTS to make Dro-Mathra, Reach Winter and Ra Gada styles

Also, could some of you folks give me more feedback on what you thing would be the best for full set pictures based on the example above : here

I will change the "full set" posts in accordance. Personnaly I think that a head, shoulder and upper torso image wouldbe more fitting and enjoyable to look at than a tiny full upright set with lots of blank space on right and left of the thumbnail.

So what do you think? :)
    Edited by Llogwey on September 17, 2016 1:26PM
  • Llogwey
    Llogwey
    ✭✭✭✭
    more info :

- Dark Seducer Style exists in game for Medium Helm and Cuirass, the items are "Face Mask of Anguish" and "Encasement of Anguish" (dropped from Dark Anchors, bind on equip)
    - Abnur Tharn Style exists in game for Staff and Dagger, the items are "Volar's Crescent Staff" and "Volar's Crescent Dagger" (dropped from Dark Anchors, bind on pickup)

- Those items have unique appearance :
    * "The Emperor's Blessing" (healing staff, reward for main questline if you sacrifice the Prophet, bind on equip)
    * "Sword Saint's Blade" (2H sword, , reward for main questline if you sacrifice Sai Sahan, bind on equip)
    * "Great Axe of Titanborn" (2H axe, , reward for main questline if you sacrifice Lyris Titanborn, bind on equip, part of the Titanborn style)

- the "Hawk Eye" armor set has two items in unique style : Head and Shoulders

Except for the Volar's Crescent items, I have all the others, you can expect to see them soon on my site :)

Edited by Llogwey on September 18, 2016 8:08PM
  • MarrazzMist
    MarrazzMist
    ✭✭✭✭
    Search system truly is superior! Wonderful work!
  • Dread_Viking
    Dread_Viking
    ✭✭✭✭
    THXZ amazing site
    Don't worry girl I'm a Sorcerer, i got my Hardened Ward for protection
  • Llogwey
    Llogwey
    ✭✭✭✭
    as a little update
    I made 400+ new screens and uploaded them not yet finalized the info feeding though
    this week end I will add

Craftable :
    - Complete set of Skinchanger style
    - Complete set of Draugr style (
    - Complete set of Dro-m'Athra style

Uncraftable :
    - Complete set of Ra Gada style (syvarra set) - uncraftable style
    - Full weapon set for Ashlander (red mountain set ) style
    - Partial weapons for Kothringi and Xit-Xhat weapons
    - Almost complete set for Reach Winter Heavy (Permafrost) and Light (Winterborn) styles (NB : Medium/briarheart is already online, and this style does not have weapons it uses generic barbaric for weapons)

Next to be uploaded (i have the items, not the pics yet):
    - Dark Seducer style set (Head / Chest : face mask/encasement of anguish)
    - Lich Set (Head, shoulders, robe, gloves, staff)
    - Golden Saint set (Head, shoulders, chest, legs, gloves, sword ; shield is already online : Lord's Mail/unassailable loot set)
    - Companions Weapons (unique style items : Emperor's Blessing Staff, Sword Saint's Blade, Great Axe of the Titanborn : rewards from the main timeline, depending who you sacrifice)

I still need to find :
    - Volar's Crescent Staff & Dagger (from anchors, Abnur's Tharn style) - bind on pickup :(
    - Yokudan weapons (the style is not provided on PTS yet... alas)
    - most Xit-Xhat and Kothringi weapons (have to loot cradle of shadow and mazzatun dungeons....)

I'll keep you updated :)

Edited by Llogwey on September 23, 2016 9:40AM
  • altemriel
    altemriel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    hollow jack weapons look awesome, the same for celestial ones!

where do these motifs drop?
    Edited by altemriel on September 23, 2016 9:56AM
  • Llogwey
    Llogwey
    ✭✭✭✭
    celestial are the old ones from Craglorn trials but they were not yet craftable (they drop from the Mage, the Warrior, the Serpent bosses)
    now (in One Tamriel) those same trials will drop the Motif to craft them (the same way it is done for Dro-Ma'athra in the Maw of Lorkhaj trial)

Hollowjack is an event motif that will drop only during the Witches Festival event (along with special quests and achievements) it is linked to Halloween.

New Life Festival will bring Skinchanger (Xmas holidays? I don't know)

and Grim Harlequin should be brought by an "Easter festival" I suppose, not yet named...
  • altemriel
    altemriel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    celestial are the old ones from Craglorn trials but they were not yet craftable (they drop from the Mage, the Warrior, the Serpent bosses)
    now (in One Tamriel) those same trials will drop the Motif to craft them (the same way it is done for Dro-Ma'athra in the Maw of Lorkhaj trial)

Hollowjack is an event motif that will drop only during the Witches Festival event (along with special quests and achievements) it is linked to Halloween.

New Life Festival will bring Skinchanger (Xmas holidays? I don't know)

and Grim Harlequin should be brought by an "Easter festival" I suppose, not yet named...

hmm, interesting those festival motifs, I suppose they will be BOP (not tradable), right? (meh...)
    and do we know where will they drop?
    Edited by altemriel on September 23, 2016 10:31AM
  • Llogwey
    Llogwey
    ✭✭✭✭
    as far as I know they are tradeable yes (hopefully because they work in Chapters so you need 14 of them !! )

and they will drop during the witches festival I don't remembre the requirements except it is linked to the festival content. You can see how it works on the old pts patch notes describing how those events work

Actually I am quite fond of the Grim Harlequin shield... Hollowjack uses the same "flashy/fluorescent" effect that we have in Dro-m'Athra except that it is orange instead of blue

Froscaster though uses a crystalline texture that really looks like glass (on weapons especially) that makes frostcaster swords really "crystal swords" like glass swords should be, but are not... :( too bad the crystal is necessarily pale blue and undyable... (well it is stalhrim crystal from Solstheim region :)

• altemriel
    altemriel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    as far as I know they are tradeable yes (hopefully because they work in Chapters so you need 14 of them !! )

and they will drop during the witches festival I don't remembre the requirements except it is linked to the festival content. You can see how it works on the old pts patch notes describing how those events work

Actually I am quite fond of the Grim Harlequin shield... Hollowjack uses the same "flashy/fluorescent" effect that we have in Dro-m'Athra except that it is orange instead of blue

Froscaster though uses a crystalline texture that really looks like glass (on weapons especially) that makes frostcaster swords really "crystal swords" like glass swords should be, but are not... :( too bad the crystal is necessarily pale blue and undyable... (well it is stalhrim crystal from Solstheim region :)

yes, the Stalhrim Frostcaster weapons look awesome too! But that will be crown store only motif, right?
  • Llogwey
    Llogwey
    ✭✭✭✭
    So far everything indicates so because the name of the physical motif book says "crown motif" . I simply hope it is not an item you can only get through Crown Crates (ou crown gems) else I'll become angry :)

• altemriel
    altemriel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    So far everything indicates so because the name of the physical motif book says "crown motif" . I simply hope it is not an item you can only get through Crown Crates (ou crown gems) else I'll become angry :)

naaaaaaaaaaaah nooooooooooo, ZOS you can not be serious about that !!!

@ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_RichLambert
  • Llogwey
    Llogwey
    ✭✭✭✭
    As promised here is an update : 300 new items :smile: (remember you can adapt your search by selecting only what you want)

- Full set of Skinchanger : armors weapons
    - Full set of Draugr : armors weapons
    - Full set of Dro-m'Athra : armors weapons

- Full set of Ra Gada : armors weapons

- set of Ashlander : weapons

you can also check them all on the master index table I created, here

more to come tomorrow :)
    Edited by Llogwey on May 22, 2017 1:06PM
  • Alp
    Alp
    ✭✭✭✭
    I guess that's a no to wanting help replacing the green background, logo etc.
  • Llogwey
    Llogwey
    ✭✭✭✭
    oh well I am currently focusing on the content @alp, i'll look into the "design" or images a bit later but you can always make me propositions in email if you want :)