Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

THE ELDER SCROLLS ONLINE: NEW PLAYER GUIDE

• chriss23
    chriss23
    ✭✭
    Thanks for this, very helpful to an 'older, new to MMO' player!
  • BrianQ24b14_ESO
  • Tobiz
    Tobiz
    ✭✭✭
    The little star up at the title, to the right. Its what you use to mark a thread as worthy to save.
    Attention Zenimax: Stamina builds don't hold up to magicka builds, and this is causing most of your class imbalance. It makes melee weapons and bows weaker than staves and class abilities. It makes medium and heavy armor less desirable than light armor. Fix this imbalance, and you'll address most of your balance issues.
  • Ysne58
    Ysne58
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I miss all the threads about skills and morphs that were so nicely laid out.
  • ihernandez69
    ihernandez69
    Soul Shriven
    This will be very helpful Thank you :)
    May Your Sword Run Red With The Blood Of Your Enemies!!!!
  • cuz_mike200
    cuz_mike200
    ✭✭✭
    I started my addiction to ESO at release and I have always loved the game, but I was really confused and done internet research and I learnt the game's mechanics and the way if works so I definitely needed new player guides.
  • Joejudas
    Joejudas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is cool. You also have great folks like Deltia who is on youtube who have stated the will dedicate their time to trying to help newer players. Also if your new to the game...join a guild. People in guilds will always help you out
  • WackyFiasco
    WackyFiasco
    ✭✭
    Bumping to request updating: I haven't played since June of 2014, and I am not at all familiar with the new Champion system.
    XHELORI BAKENEKO - Breton Nighttblade - Siphoning Restoration Staff//E I N H E R J A R
  • damor86
    damor86
    Soul Shriven
    Probably a noob question, but as a templar i have flurry ability unlocked in dual wield however its always greyed out in combat and inactive, Im dual wielding a sword and and a mace, anybody know why?
  • Hawco10
    Hawco10
    ✭✭✭✭
    Thank you so much for this. I'm new, I went as a templar because it seemed to be a popular choice on the web, so I spent 4 days running around skilling up heavy armor and two handed swords, kept wondering what this Aedric spear skill was and the dawns wrath too. Now, I'm frantically trying to skill up those two after discovering that they are what makes a templar.
    Thanks for the guide, it's going to help a great deal !
  • Silentmase
    How do you repack your siege weapon after you have placed it? Ps4
    Edited by Silentmase on August 19, 2015 5:03AM
  • Winterpsy
    Winterpsy
    ✭✭✭
    You press the green triangle when you are using the siege engine.
    Big fat Nord Dragon knight with a huge hammer. - Tank
    Stealthy argonian witch templar - Healer (lowbie)
  • Silentmase
    thank you
  • VirtuallyInsane
    VirtuallyInsane
    Soul Shriven
    I can help anyone out who's new (:
    Do you like Guar? I like Guar. I like Guar more than people.

Abvelia N.A server Ebonheart Pact
  • sophiek_8
    sophiek_8
    Soul Shriven
    Just wanted to say that I found this really useful :)

If anyone has any other random tips for new starters I'm all ears!
  • Deadfinger6
    Deadfinger6
    ✭✭✭
    Just come back to ESO after fallout 4, tis a joy to be back even after a 9gb update. All the improvements seem spot on well done ZoS. Now to find an active guild
  •  joshylonstoky
    guys what do you think its better for a damage base character in stamina: the stone of max stamina or the stone of wapon damage?
  • Karacule_Fairystar
    Karacule_Fairystar
    ✭✭✭
    guys what do you think its better for a damage base character in stamina: the stone of max stamina or the stone of wapon damage?

there are guides that could help you choose what mundus.
    but as far as I know, I choose Shadow for the increased critical damage and also if my crit rate % get passed to 50% or nearly at 50%.
  • RaXZon
    RaXZon
    ✭✭
    This is helpful!

Thanks guys
    Gamertag: RaXZonz
    Server: Xbox one EU

All aboard the post train to whine city!
    Population: too much....

(͠≖ ͜ʖ͠≖)
  • LordDragos
    LordDragos
    ✭✭
    great work
    Imperial Dragonknight Tank - EP
    Breton Magic Nightblade - EP
    Breton Templar Healer/DPS - EP
    Imperial Stamina Nightbalde - EP
    Imperial Templar Tank - DC
    High Elf Sorcerer - AD
    Imperial Stam Sorcere - DC
    Dunmer Dragonknight - EP

GT: iMak0
  • Devil_Doc8404
    Devil_Doc8404
    Soul Shriven
    New to ESO, I haven't seen if there's a level cap to the champion points that you can earn. Can anyone tell me if there's a level Cap?
  • Omnisoul
    Omnisoul
    Currently 531. 30 point increase in the next big patch.
  • Devil_Doc8404
    Devil_Doc8404
    Soul Shriven
    Thanks much Omnisoul.
  • DearestAutumn
    This is helpful, but could someone add in the forum's lingo so I don't feel so dumb looking through the discussion boards. I feel a little lost in there being a new player to EOS.

Greatly appreciated!
  • CAG_JB
    CAG_JB
    Soul Shriven
    First time ESO and MMORPG player,this thread has helped me out a great deal in what seems like a massive overwhelming game at times from a new players perspective.
    Thank you
  • SmokinGnu
    SmokinGnu
    Soul Shriven
    Great guide !
    Thanks from a new player :)
  • b3nius
    b3nius
    Soul Shriven
    very good tuto very helpfull Thanks
  • TheNorthernDragon
    TheNorthernDragon