Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Official Discussion Thread for One Tamriel Daily Quests

• Contraptions
    Contraptions
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The rewards from these quests aren't very good, most people will never find a use for white gear or white consumables. I suggest adding something useful like soul gems or spell power potions for the MG, weapon pots for FG, and (dare I say it) Undaunted keys for the Undaunted.

The rewards must be good to ensure players continuously do the content. Long time players like me have already maxed our three guild lines and have no use for the XP or rep or these white items. If things don't change I'm probably gonna farm the motif and be done with these quests within a month.
    Patroller and Editor at UESP
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_JessicaFolsom @ZOS_RichLambert The essence of my "will you reverse the Mages Guild/Undaunted dailies" question at today's PAX is best summarised by this thread. Here are some relevant comments:
    Epona222 wrote: »
    I found it odd that the Undaunted one sent me to a delve, as all delves can be easily soloed. I've only done 1 so far, can they also send you to world bosses? As these have been beefed up, I would find that infinitely preferable. I don't object to being sent back to delves and seeing a bit of life in them mind you, perhaps Mages Guild (where the entire questline is mostly forced solo) dailies should send you to delves, and Undaunted send you to public dungeons and world bosses. Just a thought.
    Enodoc wrote: »
    I agree that it would make more sense for Mages Guild to send you to Delves and Undaunted to send you to Public Dungeons; that fits the mantras of those guilds better.
    Mages Guild Daily
    The required relic was located in the Group Challenge room of the Public Dungeon. Since the Mages Guild is primarily a solo affair, and there was no notification from the quest giver that a group would be required, this is the worst possible outcome. Being in a Public Dungeon at all suggests that a group would be recommended; sticking it in the Group Challenge room means that a group is all but required to be able to access the relic. This setup does not fit the Mages Guild at all, and would be much better suited to the Undaunted.
    Undaunted Daily
    The quest required activating three locations in the dungeon (to return cursed relics), and defeating the dungeon boss. This was very easy to do solo, and as such is a bit of a strange objective to be offered by a Guild which focuses on group activities and hard challenges. This setup does not really fit the Undaunted at all, and would be much better suited to the Mages Guild.
    UrQuan wrote: »
    All of the Mages Guild relics appear to be located basically on top of the group challenge of a public dungeon. A group of us checked about 4 or 5 of them on Friday, and all of them were at the group challenge. [...] it won't cause me any issues. That's not necessarily the case for newer players, though, and I'd agree that it seems strange that a guild whose main quests are all solo-only would have daily quests that seem to be intended for groups, while a guild whose quests are all group-only (Undaunted) would have daily quests that seem to be intended to be done solo.
    Dominoid wrote: »
    Just echoing this sentiment. It's most likely too late, but they can be switched at any time in the future.
    Dubhliam wrote: »
    The Mages Guild and Undaunted daily need to be swapped.
    It makes absolutely no sense for the MG daily to send you to a Public Dungeon, while the UD send you to delves.
    It should be the other way around.
    [...]
    I was about to write a post mentioning all those points, but you did it very well so I just quote you for truth and agreement.
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
    Join us on Discord - discord.gg/uesp
  • Dubhliam
    Dubhliam
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Okay, so basically, this is what I would do:
    Change the Mages guild dailies to send players to delves. If it would send you to Stormhaven, then the reward for that particular daily would be a Stormhaven Mage Crate, which includes the Dreamer's Mantle, Night Terror and Storm Knight's Plate set pieces.
    Change the Undaunted dailies to send players to kill world bosses or in Public dungeons. If it would send you to Glenumbra, then the reward for that particular daily would be a Glenumbra Undaunted Crate, which includes the Bloodthorn's Touch, Hide of the Werewolf, and Wyrd Tree's Blessing set pieces.
    Fighters Guild dailies still send players to close dolmens, but the rewards also include set pieces from the zone the quest was completed in.

Then simply reduce the drop rate from dolmens, world and delve bosses.
    As I said before, we need less grind, more repeatable content.
    And this is it.
    Orsinium was and remains to be one of the best and most popular zones, and the way you made Wrothgar dailies greatly contribute to that fact. Take what you can from Orsinium and apply it to these new dailies.

Also, one thing to note: I'm not sure if any of the dailies direct the player to Coldharbor, but I can only assume they don't.
    This should be an opportunity to single out one set of each weight that should be harder to obtain, and locate those sets in Coldharbor.
    For example, I would swap the Prisoner's Rags set with the Shroud of the Lich set (will be BoP in CoH in update 12). The Lich set is currently BoE on live servers, but very rare.
    This provides an alternative for people that dislike doing dailies, and would rather camp bosses, but it is limited to one zone.

Remember, incentives are what drive the players and the game.
    Would you rather make players camp bosses and dolmens, or actually make them visit all the places Tamriel has to offer?
    >>>Detailed Justice System Concept thread<<<
  • Shadesofkin
    Shadesofkin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Fix the rewards and Ill happily do these every day on every character I have.

Rewards need to be 160 gear, a single set piece per coffer. Green with a chance at blue through purple, random trait and possible jewelry plus weapon.
    @shadesofkin -NA Server.
    Tier 2 Player.
    MagDK Main forever (even in the bad times)
  • jeremiah911
    jeremiah911
    ✭✭✭

Rewards need to be 160 gear, a single set piece per coffer. Green with a chance at blue through purple, random trait and possible jewelry plus weapon.

I completely agree and support this suggestion. This would be a good way for solo players to get a piece of BoP gear.
  • Osteos
    Osteos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Which dailies did you try between the Mages Guild, Fighters Guild, and Undaunted Delve daily quests?

I did one of each.

Did you try any with a group? If so, did you find it to be fun?

I was solo and it was fun. I like revisiting the old areas for new quests. I also like that the mages and fighters guild have dailies now.

Did you like the new rewards?

Not at all. Bunch of low level weapons, armor and food. No incentive to do them again.

Was it clear if a quest was repeatable or not?

Yes it was, but I also listen to the npc dialog :)

Do you have any other general feedback?

29377722392_c562abcd81_h.jpg

29451996506_ba12dff51f_h.jpg

28863957533_884f17c492_h.jpg
    DAGGERFALL COVENANT
    NA PC
    Former Vehemence Member
    Onistka Valerius <> Artemis Renault <> Gonk gra-Ugrash <> Karietta <> Zercon at-Rusa <> Genevieve Renault <> Ktaka <> Brenlyn Renault
  • STEVIL
    STEVIL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

I completely agree and support this suggestion. This would be a good way for solo players to get a piece of BoP gear.

third this notion

However, i will point out.

In wrothgar the dailies are not tied to any skill line and OFTEN drop set pieces but sometimes not and sometimes drop motifs.

In hews bane, they dont drop set pieces but DO count for skill line increases. They are some of the faster advancements. (The unlimited use sprees only advance skill line but give trivial loot rewards.)

In Gold coast, the do drop set pieces but dont count for the DB skill advancement.(Not including heists here just the delves basically.)

So if we stick to current "DLC style dailies" pattern getting skill line advancement AND getting automatic set pieces is a bit out of the ordinary.

But IMO IF THE SKILL LINE IS MAXED always giving set piece makes a lot of sense to me. its a good incentive to get the skill maxed and continue the dailies.
    Proudly skooma free while talks-when-drunk is in mandatory public housing.
    YFMV Your Fun May Vary.

First Law of Nerf-o-Dynamics
    "The good way I used to get good kills *with good skill* was good but the way others kill me now is bad."

• static_recharge
    static_recharge
    ✭✭✭✭
    • Which dailies did you try between the Mages Guild, Fighters Guild, and Undaunted Delve daily quests?
      Tried all 3.
    • Did you try any with a group? If so, did you find it to be fun?
      Did the majority with a friend and 2 solo. Yes they were fun.
    • Did you like the new rewards?
      No. On my max level character the container awarded gave level 50 and cp50 items. Completely useless. Not a bad way to get the Draugr style materials / motif chapters but otherwise not useful.
    • Was it clear if a quest was repeatable or not?
      Yes although it could be made more clear. Some of my friends reported not being able to see the pale yellow outline easily. We were hoping for a more vibrant color like a purple to contrast with the blue for normal quests.
    • Do you have any other general feedback?
      • While doing the Mages Guild repeatable my friend and I picked up our different quests and then proceeded to help each other complete their quests. We went to the public dungeon for my quest first and my friend was able to complete their quest by picking up the item from the chest even though they were in the wrong dungeon according to their quest objectives.
      • The chest from this quest should only be visible if you have the quest active and on the right step. If the chest is there all the time it could be confusing to people that are thinking it's just a broken chest to open.
      • (Slightly related) The timers for the group events in public dungeons, which is where the Mages Guild objectives seem to be, in the same room as the group event, are way too long or messed up somehow. My friend and I went to 4 public dungeons now for the MG quest and each time the group event boss took about 15 minutes to spawn. There was no one else in the dungeon with us and they each took about the same amount of time to spawn no matter what.
      • When the objective is complete and progresses to "Return to *so-and-so*" can we please just get a quest marker above their head to follow? Slightly pointless having another stage where you have to find them and then once you're "in range" it progresses to "talk to *so-and-so*". Just treat it like the pledges. They say "Return" yet the marker is above their head for easier finding.

• anitajoneb17_ESO
    anitajoneb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    • Which dailies did you try between the Mages Guild, Fighters Guild, and Undaunted Delve daily quests?
      All of them, several days in a row.
      Nope, I soloed everything (not many EU testing, they're waiting for character copy. The few that are on PTS are mostly busy duelling :) ). There's no problem soloing those quests, the group public dungeons are a bit hard and are not all on the same level of difficulty (you may rethink crimson crove a bit - too many adds swarming, really, and you usually end up pulling more than one group...).
      Rewards ? They look more like punishment to me ! You could just as well give us a bunch of "Ta" runes. At least they'd go straight into the crafting bag and not clutter our inventory. LoL. I simply assume those rewards are bugged somehow.
      It was very clear to me, yes.
      • Many people have said it but I'll say it again : swap UG with MG. It makes little sense that the undaunted send us to easy solo content while MG sends us to harder group content.
      • I'm not sure yet how many different quests there are. Make sure those quests send us to any / all dungeons in any / all of the zones (possibly including DLC zones for those who have access ?) . It's nice to have a valid reason to go back to all those wonderful zones, and it would get lame soonish if they are always the same 2 or 3 zones involved.
      • You could have put some more effort into a little bit of "story" around those quests and quest givers. A new branch of MG starts some planemeld research around sheogorath's relics ? mhhh... smh... and that's all ? mhhh... Some group somewhere is upset about dark anchors and FG wants to look into this ? mhhh... You have enough stuff available in the lore to make something more exciting or funny ! I know many players don't even read... but many do ! and care !
      • So far I'm loving it and I see many players who will get involved with those new quests on a daily basis, but it will also depend to a great extent on the available rewards.

Also bug report : the Rivenspire delve quest was bugged for me. I killed the guy before picking up the item (which is easy, without looking at his name, he's just a mob in there), then waited for him to respawn but the mechanic was broken, the quest would'nt progress no matter what. Abandoning the quest and starting over - picking up the item before killing the guy this time - did not help either.

Edited by anitajoneb17_ESO on September 6, 2016 8:41AM
  • Darlon
    Darlon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The rewards are just crap:

why would a cp capped character receive ebonthread gear ? (and on top of that a white quality, non set piece)...
    Looks like you're not looking at CP level and just put level 50 stuff in the reward boxes..
  • Epona222
    Epona222
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Undaunted Daily: Probable Bug.

On an EP character - have been given the same quest (Atanaz Ruins in Stormhold) 3 days in a row. Abandoning it and retaking a quest still gives Atanaz Ruins. Tried multiple times to abandon. Have tried all 3 alliance undaunted questgivers. Given that there are 90 delves in alliance zones to choose from, this must surely be bugged!
    GM - Ghost Sea Trading Co - NA PC

Epona was a Romano-Celtic goddess dating back to around 1800 to 2000 years before computer games were invented.
  • Contraptions
    Contraptions
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think ZOS is reluctant to switch the MG and UG quest givers around since it would require them to redo a lot of their voice work, although lore and flavour wise it makes much more sense swapped around. For a quick solution they could just slap some robes on the UG guy, present him as some sort of MG member who is into tomb robbing and stuff and slap some Undaunted gear on the MG guy and make him to be some Sheogorath obsessed Undaunted.

A bit slapdash but better than nothing.
  • Sarecros
    Sarecros
    Soul Shriven
    Which dailies did you try between the Mages Guild, Fighters Guild, and Undaunted Delve daily quests?

All three.

Did you try any with a group? If so, did you find it to be fun?

All solo.

Did you like the new rewards?

As others have said, the rewards are probably bugged atm. I'm fine with the idea of pots/food/ornate gear, but it should be level appropriate. I'd like to hear if anyone else has gotten a Draugr motif drop, as I have not but I've only done 4 dailies. I would expect maybe a 1/6 daily drop rate, possibly 1/12 since these dailies are easier than TG/DB.

I think a slight RNG chance for a key from UD daily would be awesome, doesn't have to be high, maybe 5% or so.

I got 10 points for FG and MG per quest and 5 for UD. I thought this rate was fine for MG, but I feel like FG should be buffed and probably UD as well. I would have expected points to compare to each other (across guild) as a % of rank, not just a flat value. For example, 1 daily at rank 3 of MG gives you, say, 5% of a MG rank, I'd expect the same 5% for rank 3 FG and possibly 2.5% for rank 3 UD. Right now the points for undaunted make the daily a not very useful tool for leveling the UD skill line (same for FG for that matter).

Is it intentional that MG should be so much easier to level than FG? If so, then I suppose the current amount of progress you get is in line with that, but I don't really see why that should be the case.

Was it clear if a quest was repeatable or not?

Yup!

Do you have any other general feedback?

The dailies (at least the UD daily) should probably be randomized per character, if possible (I know this was not the case for TG and DB). I came upon a dead boss for the UD daily... on the PTS... which doesn't exactly have a high population. It's going to be like the early delve days with tons of people camping delve bosses and bosses dying before most can get a hit in if everyone's working on the same daily.

In general, I wouldn't expect these dailies to have the same level of awesome rewards as TG and DB, but right now it's not close enough to incentivize me to keep up with them, neither for drops nor progression.

I would LOVE there to be optional additional challenges, like with TG and DB dailies that up rewards and rare drop chances. For example:

UD: Optional: Recover x amount of x artifact. (Dropped from containers or normal mobs in selected delve). It could be just extras of the collectible you're getting anyway. Alternatively, it could have you clear an extra delve or complete the quest within a time limit.
    MG: Optional: Seal magical anomalies located at each dungeon boss's spawn point.
    FG: Optional: Defeat one of Molag Bal's generals. Players could have the option of continuing to fight dolmens until a general spawns.

Just spit-balling, but something like that would be nice.
  • smacx250
    smacx250
    ✭✭✭✭✭
      Tried all 3.
      Did the majority with a friend and 2 solo. Yes they were fun.
      No. On my max level character the container awarded gave level 50 and cp50 items. Completely useless. Not a bad way to get the Draugr style materials / motif chapters but otherwise not useful.
      Yes although it could be made more clear. Some of my friends reported not being able to see the pale yellow outline easily. We were hoping for a more vibrant color like a purple to contrast with the blue for normal quests.
      • While doing the Mages Guild repeatable my friend and I picked up our different quests and then proceeded to help each other complete their quests. We went to the public dungeon for my quest first and my friend was able to complete their quest by picking up the item from the chest even though they were in the wrong dungeon according to their quest objectives.
      • The chest from this quest should only be visible if you have the quest active and on the right step. If the chest is there all the time it could be confusing to people that are thinking it's just a broken chest to open.
      • (Slightly related) The timers for the group events in public dungeons, which is where the Mages Guild objectives seem to be, in the same room as the group event, are way too long or messed up somehow. My friend and I went to 4 public dungeons now for the MG quest and each time the group event boss took about 15 minutes to spawn. There was no one else in the dungeon with us and they each took about the same amount of time to spawn no matter what.
      • When the objective is complete and progresses to "Return to *so-and-so*" can we please just get a quest marker above their head to follow? Slightly pointless having another stage where you have to find them and then once you're "in range" it progresses to "talk to *so-and-so*". Just treat it like the pledges. They say "Return" yet the marker is above their head for easier finding.
    This is an interesting point. It may be that the group event bosses have different timers if you already have the achievement or not (from old patch notes: "The group event will now correctly take 20 minutes to respawn for anyone with the achievement, and two minutes to respawn for anyone without the achievement.). Does the daily require the boss to spawn, or did you wait even though you were able to complete it without the boss?
  • Elephant42
    Elephant42
    ✭✭✭✭
    I've done one of each and won't provide a detailed report as my experience mirrors that of most other posters in this thread.

The quests are fun but...

The mages and undaunted should be swapped, aaaand - the rewards are bugged - they are aren't they?
  • craigr02
    craigr02
    ✭✭✭
    Did a few of the new daily quests. I got regular 50 with no CP rewards. I thought the rewards were not very good. I could not tell how much Xp you receive from them, since I used one of the templates with maxed out mage guild.
  • Contraptions
    Contraptions
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The Wrothgar delve bosses are programmed to respawn quicker if someone has an objective to kill them, whether it's the delve quest or if they need the delve boss for completion. The new delve quests don't have this functionality, which means that it's possible you need to wait the full respawn time for the boss which is usually 10 minutes or so. Please change this.
  • ZunaRoath
    ZunaRoath
    ✭✭✭✭
    Just wanted to say, I've done the dailies, the three of them, for three days, so in total nine dailies, and not a single motif has dropped. Has anyone gotten the motif?
    Edited by ZunaRoath on September 7, 2016 9:56AM
    [EU-EP-PC] @Kynes_Peace

Hjalmar Bear-Heart - Main, Stamina Warden
    Svari Wild-Hawk - Magicka Nightblade
    Hulda the Wild - Stamina Warden
    Greg the Witchman - Magicka Necromancer
    Cassius Gallus - Stamina Sorcerer
    Nari War-Shield - Magicka Templar Healer
    Hronvir Winter-Winds - Tank Warden
    Zuna Ice-Bear - Stamina DK
  • JR_Returns
    JR_Returns
    ✭✭✭
    Quest Alliance: AD

Quests done in a group: 2 high level players.

Quests done: Fighters, Mages and Undaunted

Quest collection: Not hard to find the quest giver See Note. Fairly clear they are repeatable as it says you can only do one quest every 24 hours.

Quest content: Interesting

Quest Rewards: Not worthwhile, cp50 items only good for deconstruction and cp50 food which is of even less use.

Note. For AD players the Fighters and Mages guild quest givers aren't in exactly the easiest place to get to, quite a bit of walking. Also Elden Root is a very overpopulated area already, couldn't they have been placed in a less populated city like Marbruk, Greenshade

• Iselin
    Iselin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    The idea of the dailies and the fact they give you Guild XP as part of the reward are good ideas.

The rewards are really, really bad though and not even itemized properly - I did some with a CP390 character and other than one green CP160 Glyph, everything else was vendor trash that wasn't even CP160, just level 50.

Also, the requirements seem uneven: Mage's guild sent me to a public dungeon to fetch an item - fair enough - while the Fighter's one sent me to close 3 dark anchors in Stormhaven... considering you often have to wait as long as 10 minutes for the dark anchors to pop, 3 of them seemed like too much compared to the Mage's requirement - one would have been more like it.
  • UrQuan
    UrQuan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Iselin wrote: »
    Also, the requirements seem uneven: Mage's guild sent me to a public dungeon to fetch an item - fair enough - while the Fighter's one sent me to close 3 dark anchors in Stormhaven... considering you often have to wait as long as 10 minutes for the dark anchors to pop, 3 of them seemed like too much compared to the Mage's requirement - one would have been more like it.
    Yeah, I'd agree that they're a little uneven in terms of the time/effort required to complete them. I love the Fighters Guild one as-is, though, because it will be fantastic for guild events. A Fighters Guild dolmen quest run will be great, because the quests can be shared in the same way as Wrothgar world boss quests, so you could get a group of guildies together and do all of the dolmens from whatever zones everyone gets quests for. It'll be a great way for people to level their FG skill line and get dolmen achievements.
    Caius Drusus Imperial DK (DC)
    Bragg Ironhand Orc Temp (DC)
    Neesha Stalks-Shadows Argonian NB (EP)
    Falidir Altmer Sorcr (AD)
    J'zharka Khajiit NB (AD)
    Isabeau Runeseer Breton Sorc (DC)
    Fevassa Dunmer DK (EP)
    Manut Redguard Temp (AD)
    Tylera the Summoner Altmer Sorc (EP)
    Svari Snake-Blood Nord DK (AD)
    Ashlyn D'Elyse Breton NB (EP)
    Filindria Bosmer Temp (DC)
    Vigbjorn the Wanderer Nord Warden (EP)
    Hrokki Winterborn Breton Warden (DC)
    Basks-in-the-Sunshine Argonian Temp
    Someone stole my sweetroll
  • Wolfchild07
    Wolfchild07
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    General feedback:

I didn't DO the quests, but I did COLLECT them.

The issue I have is:

I took my level 20 EP character to Stormhaven and picked up Mage's, Fighter's, and Undaunted quests. They all sent me back to EP.

I took my level 20 DC character to Grahtwood and picked up the same quests. They all sent me back to DC.

If we're supposed to have more open exploration and questing, then please, don't {getcharacterlevel/homealliance}, it ruins it.
  • Dubhliam
    Dubhliam
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I cannot believe you will push these dailies in their current state.
    Quests & Zones
    Daily Quests
    • Alvur Baren is no longer erroneously associated with the Order of Scryers.
    • The Undaunted Merits no longer reference the Mages Guild.
    • Daily quests from the Mages Guild, Fighters Guild, and Bolgrul of the Undaunted now correctly advance their achievements.
    • Fixed an issue that caused the food and drink found in the Undaunted Merits container to occasionally be much lower level than intended. This food and drink now scales with you all the way up to CP 150.
    • Potions found in the Fighters Guild, Mages Guild, and Undaunted Merit containers will now be White quality instead of Grey quality, and will follow the same level progression as other potion sources.

Don't you get it?
    Even if the rewards scale to CP160, they are still worthless!

Please, PLEASE, for the love of Meridia, make the dailies reward item sets!
    Lower the drop rates from dolmens, delve and world bosses.

We don't want dolmen and boss camping, we want shareable dailies, just like in Wrothgar.
    @ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_JessicaFolsom @ZOS_RichLambert
  • Rex-Umbra
    Rex-Umbra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I don't agree with nerfing bosses and dolmens but agree dailies should reward set items.
    Xbox GT: Rex Umbrah
    GM of IMPERIUM since 2015.
  • Jekerl
    Jekerl
    mod
    Thanks for all of the feedback on the new dailies. We really appreciate it. We're combing through the feedback regularly and will continue to evaluate it to make informed decisions about changes.

Here are a few issues we've updated for this week's PTS build.
    • You should no longer get the same Undaunted Delve daily quest two days in a row.
    • Fixed an issue with the Mages Guild dailies allowing you to collect quest items from chests in the wrong Public dungeons.
    • Fixed an issue that caused the food and drink found in the Undaunted Merits container to occasionally be much lower level than intended.
    • Potions found in the Fighters Guild, Mages Guild, and Undaunted Merit containers will now be White quality instead of Grey quality, and will follow the same level progression as other potion sources.
    Edited by Jekerl on September 13, 2016 7:18PM
    Jeremy Sera
    Lead Content Designer
    Staff Post
  • argouru
    argouru
    ✭✭✭
    I was curious if the Mages Guild, fighters Guild and Undaunted daily quests give xp to the skill lines of the respective guild for completing the quests. For example, will completing a Mages Guild daily quest add xp to the Mages Guild skill line?
  • Dubhliam
    Dubhliam
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rex-Umbra wrote: »
    I don't agree with nerfing bosses and dolmens but agree dailies should reward set items.

These dailies are a great way to provide players with meaningful things to do when they log in.

But even if they add set items in them (and they definitely should), having the bosses and dolmens drop those same sets with 100% drop rates will only devalue these great dailies.

I mean, why would someone bother doing those quests when they can just camp a boss or dolmen?
    And man, if there is something I really hate in MMO games, it's grinding and camping. It completely ruins any fun in a game. Rewards players for NOT playing the game, and further segregates "core" from "casual" gamers.

ZOS should reward players for logging in every day and doing their dailies, not the ones that nolife two days then make like a tree and leave for another game when they get bored.
  • Rex-Umbra
    Rex-Umbra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Rex-Umbra wrote: »

These dailies are a great way to provide players with meaningful things to do when they log in.

But even if they add set items in them (and they definitely should), having the bosses and dolmens drop those same sets with 100% drop rates will only devalue these great dailies.

I mean, why would someone bother doing those quests when they can just camp a boss or dolmen?
    And man, if there is something I really hate in MMO games, it's grinding and camping. It completely ruins any fun in a game. Rewards players for NOT playing the game, and further segregates "core" from "casual" gamers.

ZOS should reward players for logging in every day and doing their dailies, not the ones that nolife two days then make like a tree and leave for another game when they get bored.

I believe the main stated goal of the dailies is another option to level the guilds.

As a player who wants to get a particular set which only drop from a specific zone the current drop rate means Ill actually get the set I want in a reasonable amount of time. Doing dailies I get to do one a day unless I get some one to share with me and as a solo player I probably won't go to the trouble and then I would only get a random piece from a much larger pool of set items making it impossible to get the set I want complete.
    Xbox GT: Rex Umbrah
    GM of IMPERIUM since 2015.
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    argouru wrote: »
    I was curious if the Mages Guild, fighters Guild and Undaunted daily quests give xp to the skill lines of the respective guild for completing the quests. For example, will completing a Mages Guild daily quest add xp to the Mages Guild skill line?
    @argouru Yes, each quest gives Rep for the related Guild. It's 10 Rep for the Mages Guild dailies, but I haven't noticed values for the other two yet.
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
    Join us on Discord - discord.gg/uesp
  • argouru
    argouru
    ✭✭✭
    argouru wrote: »
    @argouru Yes, each quest gives Rep for the related Guild. It's 10 Rep for the Mages Guild dailies, but I haven't noticed values for the other two yet.

Good, it takes way too long to collect lore books to level it up and I've never gotten Undaunted past lv. 3