Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Crazy Ping Issues - Server Problems?

LZH
LZH
✭✭✭✭
The game has been basically unplayable in regards to end-game content since about August 14th because of crazy uncontrollable ping spikes.

The game normally runs at about 120 ping but once every minute or so it will jump to around 250 and usually once every 5 minutes it will have periods where it is over 1000.

Is this going to be fixed soon?
  • hasselhoffman
    hasselhoffman
    ✭✭✭
    Been having the same issue man and got the generic response back when I put a ticket in
  • LZH
    LZH
    ✭✭✭✭
    I submitted a ticket and they said that I would have to get my ticket sent up to the advanced team. That was around a week ago so I'm assuming since I haven't gotten a response back it's because it's on ZOS's end.

They really need to do something about this. Maintenance has been going way longer than usual and the servers have only been getting worse. Hoping they can get something done in this coming week.
  • Invalid_Entry
    Invalid_Entry
    Soul Shriven
    Same... First noticed the ping spikes and rubber banding after the last maintenance. Tried all sorts of fixes suggested by others. Power cycle PC and network, port triggering, flushed DNS. No improvement. I'm really curious what is different about the players who aren't having the same issues. But I guess they'll be playing the game rather than on here talking about it.
  • LZH
    LZH
    ✭✭✭✭
    Same... First noticed the ping spikes and rubber banding after the last maintenance. Tried all sorts of fixes suggested by others. Power cycle PC and network, port triggering, flushed DNS. No improvement. I'm really curious what is different about the players who aren't having the same issues. But I guess they'll be playing the game rather than on here talking about it.

That's what I'm wondering as well. It changed out of the blue for me without me changing any other settings but 95% of people seem to be playing as if nothing happened so it's definitely a weird issue.
  • collinstiglbauerb14_ESO
    Same here. Can barely play the game because I'm getting logged out every 5 minutes, if I'm lucky, and when I am on I get nothing done because I have to try for 2 or 3 minutes to activate any object or attack.
  • itz_Lobster
    itz_Lobster
    ✭✭
    I have been having the same issues the last few days.
  • Kova
    Kova
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So glad I found this thread, as it needs to be kept alive.The animation weaving is bad enough at a good ping, but the spikes have killed me at the worst moments: Last round of VMA on a no death run, finally getting revenge on a four man group in the sewers, not paying attention to the rubberband effect while streaking and flying right off a cliff.

I have videos of it all if it helps any.
    EP Sorc: Aydinn
    AD Stamplar: Verdant`Knight
    DC Stamblade: Apple`Punch
    EP Stam Sorc: Kós
    AD DragonKnight: Transmigrant
    EP NIghtblade: Aydinn
  • bottleofsyrup
    bottleofsyrup
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Been having ping spikes ever since the NA servers crapped themselves, which is around the same time it seems you started having them.
  • Ganj
    Ganj
    ✭✭✭
    Same here. Can barely play the game because I'm getting logged out every 5 minutes, if I'm lucky, and when I am on I get nothing done because I have to try for 2 or 3 minutes to activate any object or attack.

Exactly same. It has been happening for a week i guess. First i thought its about Cyrodiil but no it does happen in PvE zones aswell.

Error 108 - 200 i get both of them.
    Edited by Ganj on September 10, 2016 2:17PM
  • Ganj
    Ganj
    ✭✭✭
    Still having same issues.
  • AchiIIe
    AchiIIe
    Soul Shriven
    Same issues. Every 5 minutes DC and DC and DC and again DC.
  • Rhaegar75
    Rhaegar75
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    same problem here: random crazy high lag spikes