Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

My first char dps Breton Templar would like some advice

PaddoPaulus
Hi,

So i naively started a Breton Templar using heavy armor and two handed/destruction staff weapons.
Attributes 59 magicka 5 health 0 stamina, using mostly magicka skills with destruction staff from a far and two handed up close.

I am cp rank 56 at the moment and i am having fun, but i am wondering if i will look like a fool to other higher level players if continue with this build.

Any thoughts or advice is welcome.

Ser ial Killah
  • Van_0S
    Van_0S
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why heavy armour?
    Use all light for magician and use destrunction staff/ DW(swords) all spell penetrative trait.

Heavy armour for magplar are sometimes good in PvP but, if you want to do good DPS then use all light.

• PaddoPaulus
    Thanks for the advice.
  • Qbiken
    Qbiken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you´re after dps here are a few tips:
    * Go all magicka
    * Skip the 2h, since you´re magicka none of those skills will do you any good (since all 2h are staminabased)
    * Go with destrostaff (as you apperantly do at the moment). You can also go with dualwield, but not using the skill. You make use of the last passive skill in dualwield tree for extra spelldamage
    * When it comes to armor you can do either 2 ways: Go 7 lightarmor, will make you kinda squishy. Or go 5light, 1 medium and 1 heavy and make usage of the Undaunted mettle passive which increas stam/health/mag by 6% i think, if you were the setup i just wrote.

Also check out Tamrielfoundry. There are some nice builds out there. If new to the game do as I did: Copy someone (just don´t Deltias build, no offence to him but those builds tho...) build and modify after that build. Just to get the hang of it
  • PaddoPaulus
    I have heard of that Undaunted passive but not the Dual wield one.
    Why not 5 medium 1 light 1 heavy armor?

Thanks btw
  • Qbiken
    Qbiken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Thanks btw

Since breton is magickarace and benefits from magicka more than stam and therefore 5 pieces of lightarmor is more beneficial to you than 5 medium :)
  • PaddoPaulus
    Thanks again.
  • beekalad
    beekalad
    ✭✭✭

Thanks btw

Light armour passives give increased magicka for 5 or more light armour pieces, check your light armour skill tree