Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Official Discussion Thread for One Tamriel Craglorn

ZOS_GinaBruno
ZOS_GinaBruno
Community Manager
This is the official feedback thread for Craglorn in One Tamriel. Specific feedback that the team is looking for includes the following:
  • Did you encounter any issues while completing zone story quests by yourself?
  • Were you able to complete the zone story quests without any help?
  • Did you encounter any issues while completing content in a group?
    • If so, what level/class were you, and how many group members were in your group?
  • How did the overall difficulty feel while in a group or solo?
  • Were you able to distinguish solo vs group content?
  • Do you have any other general feedback?
Gina Bruno
Senior Community Manager
Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
Staff Post
  • code65536
    code65536
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I lost all of my Craglorn wayshrines on my character that had 100% completion in Craglorn.

Is this a bug?
    Nightfighters ― PC/NA and PC/EU

Dungeons and Trials:
    Personal best scores:
    Dungeon trifectas:
    Media: YouTubeTwitch
  • Doctordarkspawn
    Doctordarkspawn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    code65536 wrote: »
    I lost all of my Craglorn wayshrines on my character that had 100% completion in Craglorn.

Is this a bug?

You basicly need to redo the quest, at least i did. The opener, the star gazers, the one that gets you -into- craglorn.
  • code65536
    code65536
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    And running around rediscovering every wayshrine and point of interest? Blah.
    Nightfighters ― PC/NA and PC/EU

Dungeons and Trials:
    Personal best scores:
    Dungeon trifectas:
    Media: YouTubeTwitch
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As I was wandering around Craglorn today, I came across areas where it announced that I was entering and leaving group areas. Am I supposed to pay attention to this? Some of them are marked by skull and crossbones, like the Nirncrux mines, but I am not sure if all of them were. I did not find the monster difficulty to be group-worthy. I almost soloed a Nirncrux mine with my Level-42-scaled-to-CP160 sorcerer. I would have succeeded but for the fact that as I was circling around one of the trolls I apparently stepped out of bounds and they all reset.

PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • Doctordarkspawn
    Doctordarkspawn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The dev team seems to want to make it still semi group oriented, and to that I say: Why?

The entire reason I dont duo or quad quest with others is because it's cumbersome and tiresome let alone something I'm going to do, day after day.

Bite the bullet and make Crag a repeatable, single player zone. Because there's just no point, splitting hairs and trying to hold onto the dream, when it's the same dream that failed for the same reasons.
    Edited by Doctordarkspawn on September 3, 2016 1:24AM
  • Blends
    Blends
    All my wayshrines were gone as well, but when I went there and did the first part of the quest, I looked at the map again and all the wayshrines are back to being discovered, but none of the other places my character had discovered on live were discovered yet.
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As I was wandering around Craglorn today, I came across areas where it announced that I was entering and leaving group areas.
    So that's what that patch note meant. That sounds good, if it's persistent.

However,... if it only happens once it could be forgotten, but if it happens all the time it could get irritating...
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
    Join us on Discord - discord.gg/uesp
  • Dominoid
    Dominoid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    code65536 wrote: »

Is this a bug?

This is certainly a "bug" but probably staying. The Craglorn you see now is actually a WHOLE different zone. They built it in parallel to the Adventure Zone Craglorn and simply changed over where it sent you. Because it's a new zone (to the code of the game), you don't have the Wayshrines.

Edit: Actually I visited Craglorn all my original wayshrine discoveries in that zone became available again.
    Edited by Dominoid on September 3, 2016 1:49PM
  • JR_Returns
    JR_Returns
    ✭✭✭
    I had a run around Craglorn today and also noticed the "Entering/Leaving Group Area" messages. They are a good addition to help new players venturing into Craglorn, but they will get very annoying once you get to know the area. Could we please have a toggle to switch them off.

• Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Question, if someone is able to find out before I do;

Do Group Delves still exist? (I hope they do...) Are they still instanced? (I hope they aren't...)
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
  • Khaos_Bane
    Khaos_Bane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I will be happy if I get to do the main quest again, it was amazing. The only bad part of the quest was the group walls and those will be gone. I will be very happy to do it all over again.
  • Dominoid
    Dominoid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Enodoc wrote: »

Do Group Delves still exist? (I hope they do...) Are they still instanced? (I hope they aren't...)

They still exist. All 18 of them. They appear to still be instanced based upon the load screen messaging, but I didn't test.
  • ssewallb14_ESO
    ssewallb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just completed the upper and lower crag main quests. I'm happy that I can finally do these without the group puzzles blocking progression.

Something that concerns me though: I've always loved the challenge of running this zone solo. I find almost all solo content in this game extremely easy, and this was the one of the very few areas where I feel like I need to pay attention and react to whats happening in the fight. When I read that the main quest content was being nerfed to the level of other solo zones, it didn't seem like a big deal, as long as most of the zone was left intact.

The problem is the "main quest" seems to encompass the majority of Craglorn. Here is a list of areas in Craglorn from UESP, excluding the Trials and DSA. I've bolded the areas that have been nerfed, or that if I understand correctly are soon to be nerfed, as they contain quest targets for the main quest:

Elinhir
    Rahni'Za, School of Warriors — A sword academy in south-central Craglorn, west of Belkarth. (map)
    The Seeker's Archive — An ancient library in Craglorn. (map)
    Shada's Tear — A ruined Nedic city located in western Craglorn, northeast of the Bangkorai Gate. (map)
    Skyreach Catacombs — An ancient Nedic crypt located in Upper Craglorn, southeast of Dragonstar. (map)
    Skyreach Hold — A ruined Nedic city located in Upper Craglorn, south of Sanctum Ophidia. (map)
    Skyreach Pinnacle — A ruined Nedic tower located in Upper Craglorn, east of Dragonstar. (map)
    Spellscar — A giant obelisk that crashed to Tamriel, located north of Belkarth. (map)
    Balamath — An Ayleid ruin in eastern Craglorn, north of Elinhir. (map)
    Buried Sands — A cave in northwestern Craglorn. (map)
    Chiselshriek Mine — A mine in northeastern Craglorn. (map)
    Exarch's Stronghold — A Nordic ruin in Upper Craglorn. (map)
    Fearfangs Cavern — A Nedic ruin in Upper Craglorn. (map)
    Haddock's Market — A cave in south-central Craglorn, just east of Belkarth. (map)
    Hircine's Haunt — A cave in central Craglorn, north of Belkarth. (map)
    The Howling Sepulchers — A set of valleys in Upper Craglorn. (map)
    Ilthag's Undertower — A fort in Upper Craglorn. (map)
    Loth'Na Caverns — A glade in Upper Craglorn. (map)
    Molavar — An Ayleid ruin located west of Elinhir in Lower Craglorn. (map)
    Mtharnaz — A Dwemer ruin in southwestern Craglorn, near the Bangkorai Gate. (map)
    Rkhardahrk — A group delve found in northern Craglorn, northeast of the Seeker's Archive. (map)
    Rkundzelft — A Dwemer city founded by the Rourken clan in eastern Craglorn, just south of the Lake of Teeth. (map)
    Ruins of Kardala — An ancient Yokudan tomb in western Lower Craglorn. (map)
    Serpent's Nest — A cave in Upper Craglorn. (map)
    Tombs of the Na-Totambu — A Yokudan burial ground in southern Craglorn. (map)
    Zalgaz's Den — A cave west of Belkarth. (map)

16 of 26 areas are being nerfed. That's the majority of the zone. Honestly as nice as it was to beat the main quest, this ruins most of the zone for me. The areas that have been nerfed so far are extremely easy, I don't feel like I need to try or engage the content in any way, most bosses die in 5 seconds while I'm wearing heavy armor, I can do almost anything and still win.

But I get that you want this zone to be "accessible," and it's likely I'm in the minority here. So I was thinking:

Since the old content was instanced, and the new versions are not, how about an interactable item (tome, statue, whatever) at the beginning of each uninstanced version, that will simply teleport me or a group if I choose to the old instances (with the puzzle changes of course)? This way groups or solo players seeking a challenge can enjoy the content, while leaving the new version of the zone untouched.
  • Mix
    Mix
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I did the Seeker's Archive Repeatable Quest

Overland was great, very obvious change from Live in the number and strength of the mobs. I solo'd it easily but it wasn't face roll (had to heal, not stand in red stuff, interrupt, etc).

The Delve/Underground portion was, um...much harder than Live. I hunt books in the bookshelves in the Seeker's Archive on Live and was pretty familiar with how fast the mobs could bring my health down.

So I got some numbers:

Live
    Scamp Heat Wave: 2292 dmg
    Scamp Flare: 917 dmg

PTS
    Scamp Heat Wave: 5846
    Scamp Flare: 2339

I know that on Live the mobs aren't CP160, BUT the area was originally tuned for groups of 4. I feel the Scamps on PTS are a bit overpowered. They seem to have quite a bit more health, there might even be more of them (I didn't count), but they can drop my health in a couple seconds with those Flares.

I did Solo this Daily Quest (and I thought these were supposed to be tuned for solo but it did say group on the door! I thought the group stuff was the world event thingies and everything else would be solo-able now - well designed to be solo). I by-passed the Gazer boss at the end though, didn't really have the patience to deal with him and his adds:p

I will continue my adventuring:) I didn't expect anything to be harder than it is on Live though since most of the Live mobs still hit pretty hard/have high health compared to other mobs their level. Anyone who has accidently pulled a Nereid while going after a treasure chest can identify:p
  • Tandor
    Tandor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The dev team seems to want to make it still semi group oriented, and to that I say: Why?

The entire reason I dont duo or quad quest with others is because it's cumbersome and tiresome let alone something I'm going to do, day after day.

Bite the bullet and make Crag a repeatable, single player zone. Because there's just no point, splitting hairs and trying to hold onto the dream, when it's the same dream that failed for the same reasons.

I agree. It needs to strike a balance where it's worthwhile to do it all as a group but also possible to do it all solo. Otherwise it's a half-baked revamp that ends up being neither one thing nor the other.
  • Tib
    Tib
    ✭✭✭
    Ssewallb14_ESO, I'm not sure I agree.. I've also run Craglorn solo earlier while documenting some things, and I've enjoyed the challenge, hoping the area won't become too easy.

While they decreased the difficulty in some parts, they have increased the difficulty on various other things. Like I wrote on the UESP site, Shaukadur the Impaler has like 1,5 mil hp now. He had hardly 500k before :P So there should hopefully be room for some challenges?
    ~Tibbie~
    Senior Achievement Seeker, Scholar of UESP and the laziest trader in Tamriel
    Editor and Recent Changes Patroller at UESP
    Member of Beyond Skyrim: Iliac Bay
  • NewBlacksmurf
    NewBlacksmurf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    General feedback at is point.

-We need to be able to continue where we left off even if in the process of finishing a quest.

-Other than world bosses and Dolmen, please either make it all solo or leave it as it was.

For me it was frustrating to not be able to Continue and there is not group or activity finder for group stuff anywhere in the world zones so if you're going to add this stuff, you need to add it into the activity finder zone specific for all zones with these group encounters. This includes dolemans.
    -PC (PTS)/Xbox One: NewBlacksmurf
    ~<{[50]}>~ looks better than *501
  • Elara_Northwind
    Elara_Northwind
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Some friends and I went to do some of the delves in Craglorn this evening that we found the hardest the last time we did them, a very long time ago, before CP's... I was actually saddened slightly by how ridiculously easy they were! We even relogged back onto live, onto our cp531 characters, to redo the delve, to make sure we weren't going crazy.... We were not. On live, it is easy, on pts, everything in Craglorn, including delve bosses, die in a a couple of hits, it is FAR too easy :disappointed: I think it is safe to say that NONE of my characters will ever be going to Craglorn again for anything other than deconstructing stuff in Belkarth... We found Coldharbour more of a challenge, tbh :lol:

Despite the Craglorn disappointment, Some of the world bosses are lots of fun now, and I am really enjoying the duelling, so overall, PTS is lots of fun, but Craglorn definitely put a downer on the evening tonight :tongue:
    Sorcerer, Templar, Wolf Collector, Housing Addict!

GM of Salted Wings Tavern and Salted Wings Housing 🏠🌻

'A House is Built with Boards and Beams, a Home is Built with Love and Dreams'

Youtube - https://www.youtube.com/c/ElaraNorthwind
  • NewBlacksmurf
    NewBlacksmurf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ^I don't understand the solo difficulty world wide tho.
    I did expect everything to be really easy cause crag was harder than even silver and gold after Imperial City update but not saying it needs to be harder but I'm saying....why did you make any changes if you scaled us?

Was not the original difficulty fine or did testing reveal it was too hard.....or was it actually tested?

To me, if you just left things alone but at cp160, it's be hard for 10-100 cp and then progressively get easier around 400+ but on PC I'm barely at cp100 and it's kinda pointless....the world that is, not just Craglorn solo stuff.
    Edited by NewBlacksmurf on September 4, 2016 12:31AM
    -PC (PTS)/Xbox One: NewBlacksmurf
    ~<{[50]}>~ looks better than *501
  • Elara_Northwind
    Elara_Northwind
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    We went into a delve in craglorn this evening, and I noticed that the loot we acquired during this was cp130, not cp160... I would aslo like to say that in all, overworld bosses I found to be allot of fun, some of them with new mechanics that made them much more of a challenge which was very enjoyable, but other aspects of the game, particularly delves in Craglorn, were far too easy. I was SO disappointed by the 1 shot bosses, which were easily doable solo or as a duo anyway, and now, in a group of 4, are a joke...

And Zenimax, what did you do to the poor Wamasu?? They used to be a beautiful and powerful creature, in which we had to actually consider, slightly, how we were going to fight, now they are laughable :disappointed:

#BUFFTHEWAMASU <3

:lol:
    Sorcerer, Templar, Wolf Collector, Housing Addict!

GM of Salted Wings Tavern and Salted Wings Housing 🏠🌻

'A House is Built with Boards and Beams, a Home is Built with Love and Dreams'

Youtube - https://www.youtube.com/c/ElaraNorthwind
  • Shadesofkin
    Shadesofkin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think the zone has the right mix of single and group content.

Despite what certain naysayers may want, the idea of Craglorn being an adventure zone was and remains appealing.
    @shadesofkin -NA Server.
    Tier 2 Player.
    MagDK Main forever (even in the bad times)
  • Shadesofkin
    Shadesofkin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SadieJoan wrote: »
    Some friends and I went to do some of the delves in Craglorn this evening that we found the hardest the last time we did them, a very long time ago, before CP's... I was actually saddened slightly by how ridiculously easy they were! We even relogged back onto live, onto our cp531 characters, to redo the delve, to make sure we weren't going crazy.... We were not. On live, it is easy, on pts, everything in Craglorn, including delve bosses, die in a a couple of hits, it is FAR too easy :disappointed: I think it is safe to say that NONE of my characters will ever be going to Craglorn again for anything other than deconstructing stuff in Belkarth... We found Coldharbour more of a challenge, tbh :lol:

Despite the Craglorn disappointment, Some of the world bosses are lots of fun now, and I am really enjoying the duelling, so overall, PTS is lots of fun, but Craglorn definitely put a downer on the evening tonight :tongue:

Delves aren't group content anymore, just the areas that specifically warn you "entering group area"
    @shadesofkin -NA Server.
    Tier 2 Player.
    MagDK Main forever (even in the bad times)
  • JR_Returns
    JR_Returns
    ✭✭✭

As Sadie.Joan says you haven't just made Craglorn easier you've made it into a joke zone.

Yesterday we completed Skyreach Hold, which by the way still drops cp140 loot. We tried the room with the Manticore that used to one shot you, I called him "One Shot Willie" but not any more, what a joke. What has been done to him actually goes beyond being a joke, it's disrespectful. If you accidentally passed wind while attacking him with a limp celery stalk he'd die of fright.

At the moment Craglorn is the only group zone, to complete it take effort and the ability to function as part of a team, but if you complete it it's very worthwhile. It's also good teamwork training which prepares you for harder group dungeons and trails. One Tamriel should make it easier to form groups so to me removing the only group zone seems counter intuitive.

I will be taking all our guild members that I can through Craglorn before One Tamriel goes live, as like Sadie.Joan I won't be going there after, because it's possible to find much harder challenges in the starter zones.
  • anitajoneb17_ESO
    anitajoneb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Enodoc wrote: »

Well we'll have to disagree on that one... I'd say... Do group delves still exist ? (I hope they're solo-level now) ? Are they still instanced ? (I hope so...)

Craglorn delves are GORGEOUS. They're places I want to visit and revisit without having to fear too powerful mobs, alone or in groups up to 24 ppl (could be nice for RPing there). And I want them instanced (all for myself or my group) and also I want mobs in there to NOT RESPAWN at all.
    That would be my personal preference.

• JR_Returns
    JR_Returns
    ✭✭✭
    I've given the changes to Craglorn further thought and would like to offer the following suggestions

1. Make changes to the overworld areas in line with what is presently on the PTS.
    2. Make all adds, bosses and loot scale to your level.
    3. Make the delves like veteran dungeons. Choose at the entrance to the delve, if you, read a scroll, flip a switch etc you get 4 player hardmode as it is now and if you don't you get solo mode.

• ADarklore
    ADarklore
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    JR_Returns wrote: »

As Sadie.Joan says you haven't just made Craglorn easier you've made it into a joke zone.

Yesterday we completed Skyreach Hold, which by the way still drops cp140 loot. We tried the room with the Manticore that used to one shot you, I called him "One Shot Willie" but not any more, what a joke. What has been done to him actually goes beyond being a joke, it's disrespectful. If you accidentally passed wind while attacking him with a limp celery stalk he'd die of fright.

At the moment Craglorn is the only group zone, to complete it take effort and the ability to function as part of a team, but if you complete it it's very worthwhile. It's also good teamwork training which prepares you for harder group dungeons and trails. One Tamriel should make it easier to form groups so to me removing the only group zone seems counter intuitive.

I will be taking all our guild members that I can through Craglorn before One Tamriel goes live, as like Sadie.Joan I won't be going there after, because it's possible to find much harder challenges in the starter zones.

Even Matt Firor, the game director, made a joke about how few people ever went to Craglorn... even he had never been there on Live. As it is now, it's a wasted zone that only a tiny few people ever go to, and they want to make the game open to ALL players, including solo players- since the majority of players are solo players. Additionally, the entire One Tamriel is designed "especially for new players", which means players with ZERO or very little CP. For those with high CP, you're going to constantly have it easier, with difficulty cap at CP160... so your only option for 'difficult content' is going to be Veteran Dungeons.
    Edited by ADarklore on September 4, 2016 12:05PM
    CP: 1930 ** ESO+ Gold Road ** ~~ Stamina Arcanist ~~ Magicka Warden ~~ Magicka Templar ~~ ***** Strictly a solo PvE quester *****
  • JR_Returns
    JR_Returns
    ✭✭✭
    Well what ADarklore says may be true of the North American server but my experience on the European server is somewhat different.
    As an AD player and ardent crafter I travel to all zones, there are always more players in Craglorn than in any of the non AD zones.
  • Darlon
    Darlon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Group delves in Craglorn are NO longer instanced (I met other players there and I wasn't grouped) and the difficulty level is like any other delve in the game (very easy).

They are still labeled as group delve on the map though...
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Initial observations of the first story quests:
    • Erold (who gives The Corrupted Stone) has inexplicably been moved from the Observatory to the Crossroads Tavern; I was looking for him for ages until I decided to do something else instead, and found him there while starting The Shattered and the Lost. There was no need to move him; or if you keep him in the Tavern, edit Hara's dialogue to reflect that this is where he can be found.
    • It is nice to see new quest givers for Elemental Army and The Warrior's Call at the Observatory.
    • The Corrupted Stone and The Shattered and the Lost are still marked in the journal as Group Quests ("This quest is meant to be completed with the help of other players."). This is contradictory to the patch note stating The main story quests are now balanced for one player.
  • Krysalan8415
    Krysalan8415
    ✭✭
    The anomalies that form part of the quest "The Shattered and the Lost" are group content and definitely not soloable from what I can see.
    Is this quest still part of the main storyline or has it been removed and left as a side quest for groups?