The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [EXTENDED] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)

How strongly do you align yourself to to a given Alliance?

carljokl
carljokl
✭✭✭
I have come across a range of players. I notice that some people are very hard core loyal to a particular alliance. Others have a preference and I would guess yet others are fairly indifferent.

It did occur to me that from the perspective of your character, your presence is a matter of getting randomly dumped in the world after escaping Coldharbour. The base game dumps you in an area based on the alliance that matches your race. There is likely to be some attachment to fighting with your countrymen/country women. It gets a bit more complicated with any race / any alliance and playing as an Imperial. You may be playing outside your characters race. As a player you chose to put a given character in an alliance. This implies the character should be loyal to an Alliance but from a role playing perspective there is scope for a character having to survive in a faction from whom they are indifferent or actively hostile.

Even NPCs can vary in attitude. A Darien / Razum-dar / Captain Rana type is deeply invested in the success of their alliance. Someone line Jakarn seems focused on selfish motives and cares about the alliance in so far as it affects him but seems unlikely to risk his life or make big sacrifices for it. Lakhazga gro-Rimat feels so badly about how she is treated by the Covenant that she is happy to defect to the Altmeri Dominion.

How about you and your characters? There isn't any option made available to directly perform actions to betray the alliance you are in. This may make it difficult to have scope for role playing being hostility / indifference to an alliance beyond refusing to do any alliance oriented quests.
Edited by carljokl on August 22, 2016 9:44AM
My Characters

Xargothius: Breton - JOAT / Magsorc | Orchid the Fair: Orismer - Crafter / Heavy Tank | Voneri Vox: Dunmer - Magplar Healer | Rexorgiana: Imperial - Temptress / Magblade
Phirkius: Altmer - MagSorc | Rexorigus: Imperial - Med Tank / StamKnight | Sven Svedishchef: Nord - Provisioner / Stamplar | Finds-All-Fungi: Argonian - Alchemist/ Stamblade
Emerald-Wild-Guard: Bosmer - Wyrd / StamSorc | Nates Datum Festi: Imperial - Light Tank / StamKnight | Magnolia Desert-Blossom: Redguard - 2 Handed Stamplar | Shadow-Softpaw: Khajiit - StamBlade
Sorcerer | Dragon Knight | Templar | Night Blade

How strongly do you align yourself to to a given Alliance? 416 votes

Passionately Loyal to one Alliance to the point you refuse to play in any other.
39%
ArtisDeadlyRecluseMojmircrypt1dxxSurragardArobainEthromelb14_ESOMoeCoastieSayirmoutonAelorinIruil_ESOTurelusleetacakesb16_ESOAllPlayAndNoWorkElara_NorthwindBam_BamkwisatzYakidafiDaonna 164 votes
Strong loyalty to one Alliance but play other alliances too.
32%
TotalitarianSolarikenToxicCosmosXexpoWhitePawPrintsWhiteCoatSyndromeWuffyCeruleiJkahrrRadnarlolo_01b16_ESOleon.roeslerb16_ESOSkayaqKhenarthiJitterbugSunnyBunnyBrother_NumsieDUTCH_REAPERgoatlyonesub17_ESOadriant1978theroyalestpythonnub18_ESOAegisWolf 135 votes
Mercenary / Indifferent, play all alliances without a strong preference but help wherever you currently play.
22%
Wulfyk9mouseRastafarielTherylDarcyMardinBlackSparrowArrerBoyskyprowerb14_ESOKendaricHrogunSoellaTRoclodytealtmer_mageub17_ESODaraughheledironLumimertustanickreb17_ESOElsirStillian 92 votes
Pacifist / Anarchist - Other cases, don't want to help anyone or actively try to sabotage a host alliance.
6%
pjwb16_ESOAra_ValleriaAjaxandrielGanjDystopia2020NihilikibukjDamianosHaytham_Of_IshuraRebornV3xELDARTHVADERmenedhynmariskaasdarkllordGoldParadoxLieblingsjungeDrdeath20TruthSeekerShieldStackerMarabornwingrion 25 votes
  • TheDarkRuler
    TheDarkRuler
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Passionately Loyal to one Alliance to the point you refuse to play in any other.
    I am and I will always be loyal to the Daggerfall Covenant.
  • Asmael
    Asmael
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Mercenary / Indifferent, play all alliances without a strong preference but help wherever you currently play.
    Slight EP preference, DC second, don't even play AD.

I do relog to defend scrollz if someone is getting destroyed, or if a faction is high pop and the other one is low. Worse case scenario, nothing happens, but I can still do some /zone PvP.
    PC EU - Zahraji of the Void, aka "Kitty", the fluffiest salmon genocider in town.
    Poke @AsmaeI (last letter is uppercase "i") on PC EU or Asmael#9325 on Discord and receive a meow today.
  • Chiba_Emi
    Chiba_Emi
    ✭✭
    I started to play with Ebonhart Pack, because it's around the land of Morrowind, which I love the most. But Daggerfall is one of the places that are really close to my heart, and Aldmeri, well, the views are pretty :sweat_smile:
    May the Three Bless you

Reyvyn Dulni - EP
    Chiba Emi - AD
    Lilith Gilvion - EP
  • carljokl
    carljokl
    ✭✭✭
    I should say as the poll poster that I am somewhat neutral. In much of the quests I am helping people defend their homes from foreign aggression. I like being able to see everyones perspectives. I have only completed the Daggerfall Covenant so far so am much more familiar with them. Seeing the Covenant antics abroad gives me misgivings about them. I like Queen Ayrenn most as a leader though not everything about the Dominion. So starting to lean towards to Dominion after a lot of investment in the Covenant. I feel most pity for Ebonhart Coventant having such a sad story line. They feel like most suffering victims of the war. At the same time I don't feel much inclination to see them rule Tamriel or see why they would be much good at it. Ebonhart feels a bit like a thrown together alliance of everyone left over forming a defensive union rather than a proactive alliance.

The Orismer are underdogs in the Covenant and Argonians in the Pact. The fact that the Orismer don't want the Covenant in Orsinium is quite telling about how fragile their presence is in their alliance.
    My Characters

Xargothius: Breton - JOAT / Magsorc | Orchid the Fair: Orismer - Crafter / Heavy Tank | Voneri Vox: Dunmer - Magplar Healer | Rexorgiana: Imperial - Temptress / Magblade
    Phirkius: Altmer - MagSorc | Rexorigus: Imperial - Med Tank / StamKnight | Sven Svedishchef: Nord - Provisioner / Stamplar | Finds-All-Fungi: Argonian - Alchemist/ Stamblade
    Emerald-Wild-Guard: Bosmer - Wyrd / StamSorc | Nates Datum Festi: Imperial - Light Tank / StamKnight | Magnolia Desert-Blossom: Redguard - 2 Handed Stamplar | Shadow-Softpaw: Khajiit - StamBlade
  • Xinz'r
    Xinz'r
    ✭✭✭
    I play all alliances, but only because I don't have the DLC to have any race-any alliance option, otherwise I would play Pact only.
    I'm not emotivelly loyal to it or anything like that, I just very rarely play alts, so I spend 95% of time playing my main, which is in EP, but if we look at it rationally, there is a reason why I chose EP:
    1) I am passionatelly loyal to Argonia
    2) Ebonheart Pact is only alliance which is directed to the real problem - Molag Bal. While the Covenant and the Dominion fight over whether should Elves or Humans rule, only Ebonheart Pact is formed to face the real problem and real threat - Molag Bal's invasion.
    ▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬
    JOIN BLACKROSE CARTEL!
    ▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬
  • Elara_Northwind
    Elara_Northwind
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I am 100% loyal to the Dominion, even though some of my characters are Breton, they still choose to fight for the queen :tongue:
    Sorcerer, Templar, Wolf Collector, Housing Addict!

GM of Salted Wings Tavern and Salted Wings Housing 🏠🌻

'A House is Built with Boards and Beams, a Home is Built with Love and Dreams'

Youtube - https://www.youtube.com/c/ElaraNorthwind
  • menedhyn
    menedhyn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pacifist / Anarchist - Other cases, don't want to help anyone or actively try to sabotage a host alliance.
    My characters are, by and large, uninterested in the alliance war for a variety of reasons.

My Khajiit is too old to fight, though she longs to return to Elsweyr after spending much of her life on the trade roads across south western Tamriel. I started her off in AD to experience Khenarthi's Roost and Valenwood. She has no issue with any race, and believes there are good and bad among us all.

My Breton dislikes... Bretons! More specifically, the pretence and snobbishness of the cities, courts and nobility. He much prefers the company of wildlife and nature, though tolerates decent, honest like-minded folk from anywhere. He has been placed in EP because of my barely-formed future RP plans surrounding the fetid swamps and mires of Black Marsh. He's also old, sickly and intends to spend his time wandering across Tamriel (if his old bones will carry him that far...)

My Orsimer is a metalsmith. She is typically proud of her own race, and fiercely protective of them, though again has no dislike of any other race or any part of Tamriel. She's in DC because I wanted her to start off in Betnikh, a decade or so after she left her stronghold. Coincidentally, Wrothgar will feature heavily.

Needless to say, if I could have chosen 'no faction' at the start, I would have done so. I don't have any intentions just yet to build a character for PvP because i'm having too much fun playing unorthodox, weaker, 'awkward' builds that fit the characters I want to play. Hence, no desire to align myself to one alliance.
    'Pure rains make sweet rivers'
  • OutLaw_Nynx
    OutLaw_Nynx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Edit
    Edited by OutLaw_Nynx on August 26, 2016 12:51AM
  • Orchish
    Orchish
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    DC only.
  • imredneckson
    imredneckson
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The best part about playing every alliance is if some pisses you off in the alliance you're on then you can jump onto another and hunt them down >:) ... Well that and being able to kill a guild mate and have a good laugh with them :D
    Legions of Mordor Guild Officer
    Member of the GvG Community

Dunmer NB - Merser Frey (DC)
    Dunmer DK - Akaviri Battlereeve (DC)- http://orig05.deviantart.net/7ecd/f/2016/013/b/f/you_***_kill_by_eso_picture-d9nrz0q.png
    Imperial Templar - Knight of the Blood Oath (DC)-
    http://orig00.deviantart.net/5ba3/f/2016/115/a/0/jesus_beam_ftw____by_eso_picture-da09ecj.png
    High Elf Templar - Aurí-El (AD)
    High Elf Templar - Teutonic Honor Guard (EP)
  • Ghanima_Atreides
    Ghanima_Atreides
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am a DC loyalist, but I do have characters in the other alliances as well. I do enjoy seeing the story from all perspectives, and exploring different character concepts with different loyalties. But for me, DC is my home. :)
    [The Beauty of Tamriel] My collection of ESO screenshots

Show me a completely smooth operation and I'll show you someone who's covering mistakes. Real boats rock.
  • carljokl
    carljokl
    ✭✭✭
    I will note that although this isn't tied to loyalty necessarily, the Daggerfall Covenant lands feel the most relatable. A lot of the architecture and environment seems reminiscent of Norman era western Europe. The castle structures probably would not be out of place in Britain, France or Germany. The writing bloodthorn vines bursting out of the ground in Beth'nik and Glenumbra detract from that a bit. The Aldmeri Dominion lands are beautiful if more fantasy and harder for me to relate. I don't know if Scandinavians find elements of Skyrim / Nord territory relatable. Many Ebonhart lands can be both beautiful and others bleakly austere. In both cases they are striking but not relatable.
    Edited by carljokl on August 24, 2016 8:37AM
    My Characters

• dan958
    dan958
    ✭✭✭✭
    For the Queen!

(I'll play other Alliances though)
    @dan958 - PC/EU - Dannuin - Nightblade - Bosmer - CP982 - For the Queen!
  • Lolimsopro
    For the Queen!
    PSN: Lol-Im-So-Pro
    PS4 EU | Aldmeri Dominion
    Fire mage | Dark Elf | Veteran
    Master Crafter
  • MTrent24
    MTrent24
    ✭✭
    Although I morality agree with DC. When I began to play ESO on the EU server I only had friends within the AD. I enlisted at level 10 and been loyal ever since. It took me a long time to find my perfect play style. I finally discovered King Richard and made some tweaks to his stamina sorc build and bam! I've been in Cyrodiil ever since.
    PS4 [ EU ]
    PSN - hotboy_mikey_t
    Redguard Stamina Sorc - AD

Prince Michael Fahara'jad is the oldest son and rightful heir of King Fahara'jad with an unknown Redguard lady.When he was young he was sent away to prevent a scandal and grew up not knowing his three siblings Maraya, Lakana, and Azah. After becoming of age, Michael enlisted with the Aldmeri Dominion in effort to regain control of the Sentinel Palace.
  • Vaoh
    Vaoh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    DAGGERFALL COVENANT FOR LIFE!!!
  • Draxys
    Draxys
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    For the sole reason that going south in cyrodiil just feels wrong.

rip decibel
  • Emothic
    Emothic
    ✭✭✭✭
    Blood for the Pact!
    Lord Emothic Von Hellsing of ze Hellsing Family.
    Dragon Knight of the Ebonheart Pact. Xbox One - NA
  • Celas_Dranacea
    Celas_Dranacea
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I passionately nuzzle the valiant bosom of Queen Aryenne
    A Bosmer Nightblade Werewolf
  • SHADOW2KK
    SHADOW2KK
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Blood for the Blood God ;)
    Once I was a lamb, playing in a green field. Then the wolves came. Now I am an eagle and I fly in a different universe.

Been taking heads since TeS 3 Morrowind..

Been enjoying PvP tears since 2014

LvL 50 - Dragon Knight EP [PC-EU] = Illuvutar = Ex The Wabbajack = (Stam DK)
    LvL 50 - Night Blade DC [PC-EU] = Legendary Blades = Evil Ninja/Dueller = (StamBlade)
    LvL 50 - Sorcerer DC [PC-EU] = Daemon Lord = (Mag Sorc)
    LvL 50 - Dragon Knight DC [PC-EU] = Khal-Bladez = (Mag DK)
    LvL 50 - Dragon Knight DC [PC-EU] = Tenakha Khan = (Stam DK)
    LvL 50 - Templar DC [PC-EU]] = Blades The Disgruntled = (Stamplar)
    LvL 50 - Night Blade DC [PC-EU] = Ghost Blades = (Assassin)
    LvL 50 - Night Blade DC [PC-EU] = Malekith The Shadow = (Mag NB)
    LvL 50 - Warden DC [PC-EU] = Crimson Blades = (Stamden)

Guild Master of The Bringers Of The Storm.
    Harrods

Member Of The Old Guard
    PC Closed Betas 2013

PC Mastah Race

Anook Page anook.com/shadow2kk

Been playing since Beta and Early Access

• Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Apathetic.

Started out caring... Learned by mid 2014 that it did not matter to ZOS. Stopped mattering to me. Many times, I don't care what Alliance a character is in.... Red, Blue, or Yellow. With One Tamriel, I expect to care even less.
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • DUTCH_REAPER
    DUTCH_REAPER
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm DC yet hate it with a passion. Not as much as I hate AD. Should've been EP. Now I have so many friends and guildies that I am having a really hard time going over to EP. If I can only convince the GM to roll the guild to EP hmmmm lol
  • leetacakesb16_ESO
    leetacakesb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    I have tried playing other alliances in the past. But, in the end I always stick with yellow. o:)
    Pc EU- Lady_Hania
  • opera_ghost
    opera_ghost
    Soul Shriven
    In my case, it's not so much loyalty to a specific alliance. It's my distaste for one specific one.

The Aldmeri Dominion. I spent too much time playing Skyrim to remotely EVER side with them.

So I got the adventurers pack & play as my expatriated Wood Elf in Daggerfall Covenant. (Cause Stros M'kai, N'Ghasta Cyrus & Dram.)

But, while all my current characters are in DC. I have no discernable loyalty to them above the Ebonheart Pact. I just find that the 3 standard races of the Ebonheart Pact make the least sense to be 'allies.' I get the decisions were made based off Geography more than potential lore from previous games/books/books-in-games.

They're a decent representation of an attitude matching Ben Franklin's statement following that 'infamous' letter from King George.
    "Yes indeed we must all hang together, or most assuredly we will all hang separately."

But that's me.

And if it was to establish Elven Dominion of Tamriel.. why are the Khajiit of Elseweyr. (Elsewhere) members and not the Dunmer of Morrowind? (Again Geography.)
  • Wrecking_Blow_Spam
    Wrecking_Blow_Spam
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm taking PVP mainly.

I once was a Pact Loyalist - still mostly am but the more I played the less it mattered to me.

Have 7 characters in Pact fully levelled.

Have 2 in AD - one was my original starter character turned mule for ages and I resurrected them again making then a wood elf stamplar.

Have 1 DC - only lvl 3 tho. Will lvl up one day. I've had Mr Sneaky Khajit for months but he's a mule atm.

Just these past few days I've been on my AD fighting swarms of reds, that I recognise getting many whispers, T bags etc. I've never given out so many Tea bags it's unreal.

When a 10 Man Zerg kills me 4-5 come to bag me lol. Now I realise how childish many of the pact players are.
    Edited by Wrecking_Blow_Spam on September 11, 2016 9:15AM
    Xbox one EU
    8 Flawless conquerors on all class specs (4 stam, 4 magicka)
    Doesn't stand in red
  • Pepper8Jack
    Pepper8Jack
    ✭✭✭
    Started off as passionately loyal to EP. Played for a few months before starting some alts on DC and AD, realized that there is literally no difference between the players in each alliance. I now have multiple alts in all factions, I PVP, PVE, etc. in all factions, and I literally don't have any differences in experience due to the alliance of that particular character I'm playing that day.

Regardless of faction, all of us belong to the same ESO player base
  • WuffyCerulei
    WuffyCerulei
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    PVP-wise I'll always play EP, but PVE-wise I'll play AD too. Personally don't DC and the stuff behind it <.<
    For the love of Kyne, buff sorc. PC NACP 2100+Star-Sïnger - Khajiit Magicka Sorc - EP Grand Overlord - Flawless Conqueror vMA/vBRP/vDSA no death/vHel Ra HM/vAA HM/vSO HM/vMoL HM/vHoF HM/vAS +2/vCR+3/vSS HMs/vKA HMs/vVH/vRG Oax HM/vDSR
  • Kendaric
    Kendaric
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I play mercenary or indiffrent types mostly, a few characters also seek to hamper/betray their alliance. Very few of my characters hold any loyalty to their alliance.

Edit: I should probably mention that I don't PvP. At all.
    Edited by Kendaric on September 11, 2016 11:51AM
      PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!. Outfit slots not being accountwide is ridiculous given their price. PC EU/PC NA roleplayer and solo PvE quester
    • FLL200C
      FLL200C
      ✭✭
      I play as 4 expat khajiit (a stamblade, a magic sorc, a magic Templar, and a stamDK). I plan on having a house in Reaper's March and spend most of my time there, but I cannot bring myself to fight for the Altmer overlords. All my characters fight for EP, but this is simply because one of my friends that I regularly ply with didn't buy the any race pack and she's a dunmer. I'm not loyal to any alliance, but I fight for the pact in the war, and take great pleasure in capturing dominion keeps. I just feel sorry for my khajiiti brothers and sisters who have not yet discovered the bondage of the Altmer.
    • Ilsabet
      Ilsabet
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭
      My characters are all loyal to their own alliances to greater or lesser extents. They're all in alliances that align with their races, so racial pride would be a factor even if they don't care much for the war. I haven't played on most of them enough to flesh out how they would feel about the conflict, so if any of them are detractors from their own alliance I don't know it yet. :D

As a player I'm open to playing all of the alliances, and I intend to do that with most or all of my characters eventually, treating them all as individuals seeing the events of the story through their own eyes with their own loyalties.

I do have a much bigger connection to the Covenant (to the point that I own a Covenant t-shirt) simply because my main character is a Breton and she's the only one I've really played through the storylines with. So I see the game through her journey, which includes having to come to terms with Covenant activity in other alliances as she plays the part of a Dominion or Pact agent. (It's been especially tough for her going through Stonefalls.) She's a loyal member of the Covenant, but she keeps an open mind and it's become important for her to understand how people live in other lands.

She's also the only character I'd consider pvp-enabled, so I tend to side with the DC in Cyrodiil. But that wouldn't stop me from pvping on characters of other alliances to develop their skill lines.
      Ilsabet Menard - DC Breton Nightblade archer - Savior of Pretty Much Everything, Grand Overlord & Empress Nubcakes
      Katarin Auclair - DC Breton Warden healer & ice mage
      My characters and their overly elaborate backstories
      Ilsabet's Headcanon
      The Adventures of Torbyrn Windchaser - Breaking the Ice & Ashes to Ashes
      PC NA