Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Congratulations AD TF PC Campaign Win

• Vitaely
    Vitaely
    ✭✭✭
    God_flakes wrote: »
    Ghostbane wrote: »
    Valencer wrote: »
    Im guessing PC NA is the same story as PC EU then.

DC pushing Chalman all day every day, forcing EP to defend chalman. EP gleefully pushes back to Bleaker's as a response. AD stacks its' whole alliance into Ash and BRK while both EP and DC are distracted. DC continues pushing Chalman for the rest of the day until some not-braindead DC groups finally start pushing Nikel and Roe in the evening (sometimes).

Cyrodiil AvA is so bland nowadays.

Sounds right. But Ad Na almost never push Brk. They always hard focus DC.

You've never seen BRK front door, have you?

I think over a third of my DK's AP over the course of his lifetime has come from fighting in and around BRK.

Considering there are 17 other keeps on the map and six total scroll temples, plus numerous places like the Alessia Bridge... yeah.

We like keeping BRK red for the same reason that AD tends to retake Alessia first after a double team. It's where we go to farm AP. We can usually convince everyone to come help retake it due to that.

I never denied Ep loves BRK. My assertion is Ad doesn't try nearly as hard to get it back as they do hard focusing on Ash constantly.

I fear you have very selective memory as you're rarely on the stretch between Sej-BRK. The fact that AD takes Ash back much faster than BRK has many reasons:
    - Whenever there's a sizable group moving from Sej, we're countered by a large red group around the ruins (usually a combination of Haxus, Invictus, PM and pugs).
    - Once we reach the walls of BRK, we are countered by as many siege as the number of our vanguard forces.
    - AD (especially those not part of a large guild) is very reluctant when it comes to sieging. We're always outnumbered in siege against reds, which puts incredible pressure on us while trying to siege BRK walls.
    - Before we can even see the walls of BRK, there's a long fight moving back and forth between BRK and Sej where both groups wipe to each other multiple times. This is mainly because pugs/partial forces from both sides overextend and get ambushed by prepared enemy forces.

Now how's this different from attacking Ash?

We only get countered outside Nikel, if there's already a group of blues trying to take Nikel around the same time. If not, we see some counter on the Ash gate. Rarely are we see any forces before those gates. I'd say we only have good fights when blues (as reluctant as AD) actually set up some siege on top of the gates, which isn't that often and only happens when you face a structured force. When we first hit the Ash walls, we're countered by a handful of people sitting outside their walls in the open stretch (unlike EP sitting on top with siege), this gives us immense advantage as we can start taking resources and set down multiple siege lines without much effort.

So it all boils down to which faction wants to defend those keeps the most. DC prefer to let us take Ash and PvDoor it when we're busy elsewhere (defending Alessia from reds or defending scroll keeps from both). EP like to grind AP inbetween Sej and BRK.

There's your answer. We actually focus BRK harder, it's just that it takes a long fight to even get that keep lit.

PS: Revan's map is pretty much every day TF. +rep
    Edited by Vitaely on September 1, 2016 7:08PM
    Factotum | PC NA
    AD E'lurin sNB | Curufinwë Fëanor mDK | Anaïs Le Fey mSC | Fréyja mT | Nïenna mW
    EP E'lured sNB | Vanÿa sT | Caïssä mDK
    DC E'lwing mNB
    PVE Brýnhildur mDK | E'lectra sSC | Antígone sDK | Valkýrja mNB | Yølanda sW
  • Satiar
    Satiar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Ash is easier to take because AD and BRK have the bridge and there's no DC groups dedicated to gate farming anymore.
    Vehemence -- Commander and Raid Lead -- Tri-faction PvP
    Knights Paravant -- Co-GM and Raid Lead -- AD Greyhost

• God_flakes
    God_flakes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vitaely wrote: »

DC pushing Chalman all day every day, forcing EP to defend chalman. EP gleefully pushes back to Bleaker's as a response. AD stacks its' whole alliance into Ash and BRK while both EP and DC are distracted. DC continues pushing Chalman for the rest of the day until some not-braindead DC groups finally start pushing Nikel and Roe in the evening (sometimes).

I think over a third of my DK's AP over the course of his lifetime has come from fighting in and around BRK.

Considering there are 17 other keeps on the map and six total scroll temples, plus numerous places like the Alessia Bridge... yeah.

We like keeping BRK red for the same reason that AD tends to retake Alessia first after a double team. It's where we go to farm AP. We can usually convince everyone to come help retake it due to that.

I never denied Ep loves BRK. My assertion is Ad doesn't try nearly as hard to get it back as they do hard focusing on Ash constantly.

I fear you have very selective memory as you're rarely on the stretch between Sej-BRK. The fact that AD takes Ash back much faster than BRK has many reasons:
    - Whenever there's a sizable group moving from Sej, we're countered by a large red group around the ruins (usually a combination of Haxus, Invictus, PM and pugs).
    - Once we reach the walls of BRK, we are countered by as many siege as the number of our vanguard forces.
    - AD (especially those not part of a large guild) is very reluctant when it comes to sieging. We're always outnumbered in siege against reds, which puts incredible pressure on us while trying to siege BRK walls.
    - Before we can even see the walls of BRK, there's a long fight moving back and forth between BRK and Sej where both groups wipe to each other multiple times. This is mainly because pugs/partial forces from both sides overextend and get ambushed by prepared enemy forces.

We only get countered outside Nikel, if there's already a group of blues trying to take Nikel around the same time. If not, we see some counter on the Ash gate. Rarely are we see any forces before those gates. I'd say we only have good fights when blues (as reluctant as AD) actually set up some siege on top of the gates, which isn't that often and only happens when you face a structured force. When we first hit the Ash walls, we're countered by a handful of people sitting outside their walls in the open stretch (unlike EP sitting on top with siege), this gives us immense advantage as we can start taking resources and set down multiple siege lines without much effort.

So it all boils down to which faction wants to defend those keeps the most. DC prefer to let us take Ash and PvDoor it when we're busy elsewhere (defending Alessia from reds or defending scroll keeps from both). EP like to grind AP inbetween Sej and BRK.

There's your answer. We actually focus BRK harder, it's just that it takes a long fight to even get that keep lit.

Right, mmmmmmk. That explains why ad will send their entire faction to defend Ash if they hold it, for hours on end while totally ignoring the right side of the map. Even while Ep pushes to Fraggle.
  • Vitaely
    Vitaely
    ✭✭✭
    Satiar wrote: »
    Ash is easier to take because AD and BRK have the bridge and there's no DC groups dedicated to gate farming anymore.
    Agreed, but we had a couple groups defend the gate last campaign. It's just not that often as before.

Sej-BRK is so crazy we get organized DC groups come play as well (not unlike what AD does around Bleakers).
    Factotum | PC NA
    AD E'lurin sNB | Curufinwë Fëanor mDK | Anaïs Le Fey mSC | Fréyja mT | Nïenna mW
    DC E'lwing mNB
  • Magus
    Magus
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I would say that is the number one frustration of playing AD, having your entire faction fighting on the bridge and potatoing into sejanus.
    Duraeon / Maoh
    Former Emperor of Haderus, Trueflame, and Azura's Star
    PC/NA
  • Skyy
    Skyy
    ✭✭✭

Right, mmmmmmk. That explains why ad will send their entire faction to defend Ash if they hold it, for hours on end while totally ignoring the right side of the map. Even while Ep pushes to Fraggle.

If you think that's even close to all of AD you should get an EP character and see what all of AD really looks like.
  • Vitaely
    Vitaely
    ✭✭✭

I suggest you roll AD and fight in TF around prime time for a week rather than acting like AD only fights against your faction. I gave you a detailed representation of how those fights go on both sides. Defenses on those keeps are pretty much the same, if you can't counter it I'd say get a page out of the red book and counter stack.* This is the state of TF for a while now, every day I see 30+ zergs of every color.
    Magus wrote: »

I would say that is the number one frustration of playing AD, having your entire faction fighting on the bridge and potatoing into sejanus.

True smh.

*Author is not part of an organized PVP guild and does not control who stacks with whom.
    Factotum | PC NA
    DC E'lwing mNB
  • God_flakes
    God_flakes
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I suggest you roll AD and fight in TF around prime time for a week rather than acting like AD only fights against your faction. I gave you a detailed representation of how those fights go on both sides. Defenses on those keeps are pretty much the same, if you can't counter it I'd say get a page out of the red book and counter stack.* This is the state of TF for a while now, every day I see 30+ zergs of every color.

True smh.

*Author is not part of an organized PVP guild and does not control who stacks with whom.

I do have an Ad. A templar. I did play for a while. Tbh I found your side boring. :smirk:
  • Vitaely
    Vitaely
    ✭✭✭

True smh.

I do have an Ad. A templar. I did play for a while. Tbh I found your side boring. :smirk:

After all this baseless banter against AD, I don't think you'd have many friends in there :smirk:
    Edited by Vitaely on September 1, 2016 7:47PM
    Factotum | PC NA
    DC E'lwing mNB
  • God_flakes
    God_flakes
    ✭✭✭✭✭

True smh.

After all this baseless banter against AD, I don't think you'd have many friends in there :smirk:

And you would be wrong. :smile:

And how is it baseless banter? My subjective opinion, from my vantage point, is what it is. Take it or leave it. Why does it upset you?
    Edited by God_flakes on September 1, 2016 7:51PM
  • Vitaely
    Vitaely
    ✭✭✭

True smh.

And how is it baseless banter? My subjective opinion, from my vantage point, is what it is. Take it or leave it. Why does it upset you?

Then you should know better than to demonize AD as a whole faction. These things are just in the nature of PvP.

edit: That's my whole point, your vantage point is not an accurate representation of AD.
    I fear you have very selective memory as you're rarely on the stretch between Sej-BRK.
    This was my initial point.
    Edited by Vitaely on September 1, 2016 7:54PM
    Factotum | PC NA
    DC E'lwing mNB
  • dashima
    dashima
    ✭✭✭
    Damn zergling aussies, ruining humble American zergling lives.
    Edited by dashima on September 2, 2016 2:42AM
    Venatus | Hagnado

AD | Revân Stamina Nightblade AR35 scrub
    AD | Rëvan Stamina Sorcerer fotm
    DC | Ain Ghazal Magicka DK
    tfw too lazy to grind
    AD | Ain Ghazal Magicka DK
    AD | Run I Triggered Them Magicka Templar
    DC | Inner Postern Wall Stamina Templar
    DC | Kaivalanth Magicka Nightblade
    DC | Rëvân Stamina Nightblade
  • God_flakes
    God_flakes
    ✭✭✭✭✭

True smh.

Then you should know better than to demonize AD as a whole faction. These things are just in the nature of PvP.

edit: That's my whole point, your vantage point is not an accurate representation of AD.
    I fear you have very selective memory as you're rarely on the stretch between Sej-BRK.

How am I "demonizing"?!
  • Agrippa_Invisus
    Agrippa_Invisus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Describing the back and forth over the Sej cooridor is pretty spot on.

To add to that, we EP know precisely how much of a pain in the rear it is to get BRK back (that and it is, AFAIK, the closest ring keep to anyone's keystone keep of the three factions - Ash > Glade being the furthest - making it vital for interior defense to maintain). Because of that AD usually gets a 'whole faction' response when trying to take it and I've been in some impressive successful (and even unsuccessful) defenses of BRK where it takes monumental effort by AD to even have a snowball's chance in hell of taking the keep.

BRK - It's a bucket full of Nord urine, but it's OUR bucket full of Nord urine.
    Agrippa Invisus / Indominus / Inprimis / Inviolatus
    DragonKnight / Templar / Warden / Sorcerer - Vagabond
    Once a General, now a Citizen
    Former Emperor of Bloodthorn and Vivec
    For Sweetrolls! FOR FIMIAN!
  • Astanphaeus
    Astanphaeus
    ✭✭✭✭✭

BRK is just what happens when you allow Argonians to build a keep. The keep full of Nord urine is KC.
  • Agrippa_Invisus
    Agrippa_Invisus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

BRK is just what happens when you allow Argonians to build a keep. The keep full of Nord urine is KC.

No no no.

DRAKE is the Argonian mistake, which is why so few people go to defend it.

KC is a dumpster.

BRK is a bucket.
    Agrippa Invisus / Indominus / Inprimis / Inviolatus
    DragonKnight / Templar / Warden / Sorcerer - Vagabond
    Once a General, now a Citizen
    Former Emperor of Bloodthorn and Vivec
    For Sweetrolls! FOR FIMIAN!
  • Vitaely
    Vitaely
    ✭✭✭

True smh.

How am I "demonizing"?!

That might be a bit too strong of a word, but I'm not gonna discuss phrasing. Hit me up on your Templar if you wanna experience more of AD life.

edit: That said, IC is way too juicy to leave right now.
    Edited by Vitaely on September 1, 2016 8:19PM
    Factotum | PC NA
    DC E'lwing mNB
  • God_flakes
    God_flakes
    ✭✭✭✭✭

True smh.

How am I "demonizing"?!

That might be a bit too strong of a word, but I'm not gonna discuss phrasing. Hit me up on your Templar if you wanna experience more of AD life.

edit: That said, IC is way too juicy to leave right now.

If it would make you feel better I will say DC has a habit of doing this exact same thing with Chal. They will ignore all else for that keep. Myopic and single minded and totally lacking in any strategic logic.

I won't step foot in IC no matter how juicy. I refuse to do anything right now that doesn't help my faction and I don't care about those dumb stones.
  • Skyy
    Skyy
    ✭✭✭

At least the Argonians knew not to build a keep that could be sieged with no recourse for counter siege. Who knows what those Nords were thinking when they built that.
  • NACtron
    NACtron
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Skyy wrote: »

At least the Argonians knew not to build a keep that could be sieged with no recourse for counter siege. Who knows what those Nords were thinking when they built that.

You see us Nords were actually very wise in our decision. Building a massive wall at the LM overlooking the keep actually forces the EP potatoes to not sit inside aimlessly wandering about doing range attacks from the wall rather, they must push if they want to make their AP...

Though in hindsight I'm sure the DC appreciate the stream of EP potatoes that come up to the LM too...
    Edited by NACtron on September 1, 2016 10:55PM
    Pact Militia GM
    Nikolai the Nord - Stamplar

• zyk
    zyk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So... @NACtron likes this wall because it encourages he and his guild to get out more.
  • Skyy
    Skyy
    ✭✭✭
    NACtron wrote: »
    Skyy wrote: »

You see us Nords were actually very wise in our decision. Building a massive wall at the LM overlooking the keep actually forces the EP potatoes to not sit inside aimlessly wandering about doing range attacks from the wall rather, they must push if they want to make their AP...

Though in hindsight I'm sure the DC appreciate the stream of EP potatoes that come up to the LM too...

Yeah, cause that works so well at Alessia. Surely we don't have hordes of EP sitting in there waiting for a tick and being afraid of pushing the farm, the only way to get the tick, because they might miss it.
  • Magnex
    Magnex
    ✭✭
    Rylana wrote: »
    Note that only 8 people in my group were actually present, one was offline 2 were afk at the spawn. Also not shown are the 15 or so offscreen to the left that had just obliterated me and the other two members of the group that had survived up to that point. almost 50 DC at one resource vs eight guys.

I feel.... welcome I guess? Point of the post is this is the DC zerg that always pushes bleaks to chalman to arrius. If you so much as take your mind off them for ten minutes, they just steamroll. Meanwhile the entire AD faction is pushing sej/BRK/Arrius at the same time.

j1sxWoT.jpg

all i see is a dead noob, l2p
  • Humphie
    Humphie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Magnex wrote: »
    Rylana wrote: »
    Note that only 8 people in my group were actually present, one was offline 2 were afk at the spawn. Also not shown are the 15 or so offscreen to the left that had just obliterated me and the other two members of the group that had survived up to that point. almost 50 DC at one resource vs eight guys.

I feel.... welcome I guess? Point of the post is this is the DC zerg that always pushes bleaks to chalman to arrius. If you so much as take your mind off them for ten minutes, they just steamroll. Meanwhile the entire AD faction is pushing sej/BRK/Arrius at the same time.

j1sxWoT.jpg

all i see is a dead noob, l2p

Edit: wrong person I wanted to troll. Whoopsie ;)
    Edited by Humphie on September 2, 2016 10:51AM