Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Bringing Fighters, mages and undaunted in line with assault/support.

• Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think you're in luck, OP. While they are unlikely to reduce the total Reputation required to rank up in the guilds, One Tamriel will supposedly be bringing FG and MG dailies. Hopefully they will give Reputation as a reward, meaning there will be additional ways to gain Rep over Lorebooks and Daedra, and thus ranking up will go faster.
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
    Join us on Discord - discord.gg/uesp
  • NBrookus
    NBrookus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    silky_soft wrote: »
    We saw massive reductions in the time it takes to obtain alliance war skills over the past year. This was to better help cater to the wider eso community. It's now well over due to see the same happen with these skill lines for the same reason.

Edit: Not only was it reduced but AP was doubled.

If you aren't a PvE'er and don't have a regular group of dungeon-mates, Undaunted is a stupidly long and painful grind because PUG'ing the DLC dungeons is just an exercise in masochism.

But I think we are getting some relief. Not only are we getting FG and MG dailies, but don't we have 3 daily Undaunted pledges now? And with the new "hard modes" for the non-vet dungeons, there should be a bunch of new achievements available. I doubt the hard modes of these older dungeons will be as tough as the new DLC dungeons. If they aren't, they will be more PUG friendly. And even if they are are difficult, more available achievements means less whittling away at daily pledges.
    Edited by NBrookus on September 1, 2016 7:16PM
  • s7732425ub17_ESO
    s7732425ub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No.

This is yet another suggestion that dumbs down the game by giving players more things easier and faster.

If there is no sense of accomplishment and nothing to work towards, the game would not be fun.

Ever since you were a baby, you wanted to eat your own food. You didn't like being spoonfed. So stop asking to be spoonfed.
  • Shadesofkin
    Shadesofkin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    silky_soft wrote: »
    We saw massive reductions in the time it takes to obtain alliance war skills over the past year. This was to better help cater to the wider eso community. It's now well over due to see the same happen with these skill lines for the same reason.

Edit: Not only was it reduced but AP was doubled.

To be fair there's a lot less to do to earn ap than to earn the exp for those skills. None of them takes longer than 3 days. Less if you're really dedicated.

If you're not a PVE-er sure, it might seem like quite a grind, but if you're not a PVP-er (even with the reduction to AP needed) the climb to Proxy Det is equally long.
    @shadesofkin -NA Server.
    Tier 2 Player.
    MagDK Main forever (even in the bad times)
  • potirondb16_ESO
    potirondb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Fighter's guild and undaunted are painfull IMO, Mage guild ... not so much.

My personnal leveling technique include, running random dungeon, going through the zone and getting all skyshard/world boss/dolment/ book/ and gringing a little bit along the way to stay at the level of the zone if needed.

I don't do a lot of grinding simply a little, and it is true that I usually find myself at level 6 in fighter's guild (sometimes 7) and 3 or 4 in Undaunted...

Doing all the dungeon from undaunted and getting all achievement wouldn't even brin me to rank 7 (Assassin = Death Challenge) or would bring me at rank 7 but not sure if it wasn't 6. But the bad news for me was there was still 2 rank to go...

I know now how to do it easily it includes get master healer and master blocker as well as master dps for all group achievement and from all raid... but for anyone who cannot do it because they don't own the necessite gear... I mean I had all achievement on a toon after 3 days of run (which included multiple run) COA and WGT-ICP included but still needed to grind after useless kill to get rank 9...

I understand that you can achieve it rather quickly but ... still takes a awfull lot of achievement in order to get to max rank !

EDIT: Good news though there will soon be more achievement to collect so overall it should be easier to get !
    Edited by potirondb16_ESO on September 1, 2016 8:16PM
  • kojou
    kojou
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    LOL... This isn't what I thought it was going to be.

I thought there was going to be a discussion about buffing Mages, Undaunted, and Figher's guild skills and passives to the level that Assault and Support are.

On topic...

Its not that hard. Do you want everything handed to you on a silver platter when you start your new character?
    Playing since beta...
  • Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    KenaPKK wrote: »
    You people don't like working to earn anything do you?

^This.^
  • Drdeath20
    Drdeath20
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    code65536 wrote: »
    Undaunted 9 really isn't that bad; I have it on all 7 of my max-level characters. The last time I got a character to Undaunted 9, it took just one vet pledge cycle (10 days) (and making sure to get as many achievements as possible as I did each pledge). I actually got Undaunted 9 before MG 10 or FG 10.

But you can solo get the other skill lines. Undaunted requires the abomination that is group finder for most.
  • Drdeath20
    Drdeath20
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hamrb wrote: »
    I think the fighters guild and mages are attainable enough. you could grind both out within the same play session
    if there was a repeatable sort of pledge, undaunted would be fair as well.
    Still, getting to max in alliance war is a lot of work for a non pvper. and it seems the same for undaunted with non pvers. if you have friends that are decently knowledgable, you can knock out all the group dungeon and vet dungeon achieves to reach max undaunted within a day or 2. same goes with pvp. and not everyone has a group or strat to gain ap like main pvpers do.
    theres gotta be some sort of grind right?

Ap is givien by just being in cyrodil when the scoring tic goes off every hour.
  • Shadesofkin
    Shadesofkin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Drdeath20 wrote: »
    I think the fighters guild and mages are attainable enough. you could grind both out within the same play session
    Still, getting to max in alliance war is a lot of work for a non pvper. and it seems the same for undaunted with non pvers. if you have friends that are decently knowledgable, you can knock out all the group dungeon and vet dungeon achieves to reach max undaunted within a day or 2. same goes with pvp. and not everyone has a group or strat to gain ap like main pvpers do.

Just being in cyrodil ruins my enjoyment of the game. I loooooooooathe it.
    @shadesofkin -NA Server.
    Tier 2 Player.
  • Hamrb
    Hamrb
    ✭✭✭✭

he's missed the entire point of my post anyways shades. pvpers hate pve and vice-versa. its gonna be a grind if you don't have regular group on either side of the game, that are experienced. Let there be progression in an MMO, otherwise, we just get max level everything, and nothing is earned. the feeling of accomplishment is a great part of any mmo, after some hour of "grind".

I want you to think about how long id have to just "sit" in cyrodil to make enough ap for alliance war level 10....
    Edited by Hamrb on September 1, 2016 9:47PM
    Founder of Sheogorath's Mortals NA PC

Exiled Lannister EP Sorc dps
    Hamrb EP Temp healer or dps
    l mufasa l EP Stamblade
    Fat Tyrion EP DK dps
    Mia Stone AD DK tank or dps
    Finn the Altmer AD Nightmage
    Launch Pad McQuack DC DK DPS
    Sterk Stonecrusher EP Stamplar
    -Wabba Jack DC Stam Sorc
    Sheo's Sweeper DC Magicka Temp
  • Shadesofkin
    Shadesofkin
    ✭✭✭✭✭

he's missed the entire point of my post anyways shades. pvpers hate pve and vice-versa. its gonna be a grind if you don't have regular group on either side of the game, that are experienced. Let there be progression in an MMO, otherwise, we just get max level everything, and nothing is earned. the feeling of accomplishment is a great part of any mmo, after some hour of "grind".

I want you to think about how long id have to just "sit" in cyrodil to make enough ap for alliance war level 10....

And that is precisely why I haven't gone back in to get Caltrops. I hit vigor on my latest stam dps and said "screw this noise". I just can't do it, even with a group...it's so absolutely awful.

I'm perfectly ok with being a crappy pvper who can't stay in cyrodil long enough to earn a respectable amount of AP.
    @shadesofkin -NA Server.
    Tier 2 Player.
  • Hamrb
    Hamrb
    ✭✭✭✭

And that is precisely why I haven't gone back in to get Caltrops. I hit vigor on my latest stam dps and said "screw this noise". I just can't do it, even with a group...it's so absolutely awful.

I'm perfectly ok with being a crappy pvper who can't stay in cyrodil long enough to earn a respectable amount of AP.

hate incoming. brace for impact.
    Founder of Sheogorath's Mortals NA PC

Exiled Lannister EP Sorc dps
    Hamrb EP Temp healer or dps
    l mufasa l EP Stamblade
    Fat Tyrion EP DK dps
    Mia Stone AD DK tank or dps
    Finn the Altmer AD Nightmage
    Launch Pad McQuack DC DK DPS
    Sterk Stonecrusher EP Stamplar
    -Wabba Jack DC Stam Sorc
    Sheo's Sweeper DC Magicka Temp
  • Erondil
    Erondil
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    wayfarerx wrote: »
    It's not easy when you need to do it with all your 8 toons.

I have MG & FG on all eight of my characters, really it's not hard at all. Undaunted takes a bit more work because you need a group but it's not like you have to clear all the DLC vet hardmodes to get undaunted 9 or anything. Come tomorrow I'll have my 4th at undaunted 9 charcter, and number 5 is not far behind.

Its not hard to level them, not at all... it just takes alot of time and isnt very fun after the first time. Especially Mages guild, any idiot can do it with lorebook addon but its boring af. Account bound is the way to go imo. Same for undaunted, not hard to do pledges and raids in normal mode (actually would be better if pledges were harder atm you can go in there brainless mode) but spending 30mins to do pledges everyday for 1 month is frustrating. Talking as somebody whos got 6 chars undaunted 9 and 5 mages guild 10.
    ~retired~
    EU server, former Zerg Squad and Banana Squad officer
    Dennegor NB AD, AvA 50 Grand Overlord 24/05/2016
    rekt you NB AD, AvA 32
    Erondil Sorc AD, AvA 23
    Denne the Banana Slayer NB EP, AvA 14
    Darth Dennegor lv50 Stamina NB DC, AvA 19
    Youtube Channel
  • Shadesofkin
    Shadesofkin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Erondil wrote: »
    wayfarerx wrote: »
    It's not easy when you need to do it with all your 8 toons.

I have MG & FG on all eight of my characters, really it's not hard at all. Undaunted takes a bit more work because you need a group but it's not like you have to clear all the DLC vet hardmodes to get undaunted 9 or anything. Come tomorrow I'll have my 4th at undaunted 9 charcter, and number 5 is not far behind.

Its not hard to level them, not at all... it just takes alot of time and isnt very fun after the first time. Especially Mages guild, any idiot can do it with lorebook addon but its boring af. Account bound is the way to go imo. Same for undaunted, not hard to do pledges and raids in normal mode (actually would be better if pledges were harder atm you can go in there brainless mode) but spending 30mins to do pledges everyday for 1 month is frustrating. Talking as somebody whos got 6 chars undaunted 9 and 5 mages guild 10.

account bound makes zero sense though. I mean, I can understand that it's certainly convenient, but ultimately ridiculous.

You can hammer out undaunted in a day btw, it's not 1 a day a month. I have multiple characters as well, but that isn't a reason to start breaking the game by adding in account bound skill lines.
    @shadesofkin -NA Server.
    Tier 2 Player.
  • code65536
    code65536
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Undaunted 9 really isn't that bad; I have it on all 7 of my max-level characters. The last time I got a character to Undaunted 9, it took just one vet pledge cycle (10 days) (and making sure to get as many achievements as possible as I did each pledge). I actually got Undaunted 9 before MG 10 or FG 10.

But you can solo get the other skill lines. Undaunted requires the abomination that is group finder for most.

Or friends, guildmates, etc. MMOs are social games. Surely most people have social connections.
    Edited by code65536 on September 2, 2016 12:05AM
    Nightfighters ― PC/NA and PC/EU

Dungeons and Trials:
    Personal best scores:
    Dungeon trifectas:
    Media: YouTubeTwitch
  • Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Or friends, guildmates, etc. MMOs are social games. Surely most people have social connections.

@code65536, please stop making posts that make sense.

If forum-goers follow your lead ... and start having rational and well-thought discussion ... the forums entertainment value will be in the doldrums.

Edited by Taleof2Cities on September 2, 2016 3:03AM
  • Hiero_Glyph
    Hiero_Glyph
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No.

This is yet another suggestion that dumbs down the game by giving players more things easier and faster.

If there is no sense of accomplishment and nothing to work towards, the game would not be fun.

Ever since you were a baby, you wanted to eat your own food. You didn't like being spoonfed. So stop asking to be spoonfed.

Please feel free to explain how reducing a grind is dumbing something down. Are you trying to claim that following a guide or installing a mod to locate lore books require high intelligence? Likewise, does it make you smarter for repeating the same Fighter's Guild questline on multiple characters?

All the rest if just your personal bias.
  • NeillMcAttack
    NeillMcAttack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Remember, for those on PC, you only think mages guild is fine because you have an add-on that tells you where they all are. On console we have to use a laptop as reference which easily doubles the time it takes.
    PC EU - NoCP PvP, is real PvP
    Tiidehunter Nord StamDK EP PvP Main
    Legion Commander Tresdin Stamplar DC PvE Main
    Sephirith Altmer MagPlar EP Gondar the Bounty Hunter Khajiit StamBlade DC
    The Dirge Redguard StamNecro EP Disruptor Stormcrafter Nord StamSorc AD
    Lone Druid Bosmer Stam Warden EP Necro-Phos Argonian MagBlade AD
    @ McAttack in game
    Played since beta, and then on console at release, until the game became unplayable on console.