The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [IN PROGRESS] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Flag Guards in Imperial City Districts

UrQuan
UrQuan
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
I haven't spent much time in Imperial City since the change to have flags that can be captured for your alliance to "control" a district (mostly because I've been busy doing Dark Brotherhood stuff). Now, I like the concept of it, and I think it's a great addition to the districts.

Am I the only one who thinks that the range at which they can detect you is a wee bit too big though? It seems like the same detection range that flag guards in Cyrodiil have, which is fine for Cyrodiil, but seems a little too big for the more confined Imperial City. This morning I was crouching right up against the wall separating the district I was in from the next district over, and they could detect me from there... So that makes their detection radius cover almost half the area of the district.

Too much? Is it basically impossible to do the district quests in IC these days unless your alliance controls the district? I haven't actually tried to capture a flag myself yet, so maybe it is almost impossible to do a district quest if you don't control the district, but maybe that's OK?

What do you guys think?
Caius Drusus Imperial DK (DC)
Bragg Ironhand Orc Temp (DC)
Neesha Stalks-Shadows Argonian NB (EP)
Falidir Altmer Sorcr (AD)
J'zharka Khajiit NB (AD)
Isabeau Runeseer Breton Sorc (DC)
Fevassa Dunmer DK (EP)
Manut Redguard Temp (AD)
Tylera the Summoner Altmer Sorc (EP)
Svari Snake-Blood Nord DK (AD)
Ashlyn D'Elyse Breton NB (EP)
Filindria Bosmer Temp (DC)
Vigbjorn the Wanderer Nord Warden (EP)
Hrokki Winterborn Breton Warden (DC)
Basks-in-the-Sunshine Argonian Temp
Someone stole my sweetroll
  • Osteos
    Osteos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Something was amiss. I have been able to get much closer before being detected by the guards. They usually detect me right before I get within combat range. Did they agro on you as soon as you entered or did you get agro earlier and you were trying to stealth near the wall to drop it?

The flags are very easy to solo, but they do take an eternity to flip which increases the danger of being attacked.
    DAGGERFALL COVENANT
    NA PC
    Former Vehemence Member
    Onistka Valerius <> Artemis Renault <> Gonk gra-Ugrash <> Karietta <> Zercon at-Rusa <> Genevieve Renault <> Ktaka <> Brenlyn Renault
  • arkansas_ESO
    arkansas_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Agreed.

Grand Overlord 25/8/17
  • UrQuan
    UrQuan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Osteos wrote: »
    Something was amiss. I have been able to get much closer before being detected by the guards. They usually detect me right before I get within combat range. Did they agro on you as soon as you entered or did you get agro earlier and you were trying to stealth near the wall to drop it?

The flags are very easy to solo, but they do take an eternity to flip which increases the danger of being attacked.
    I was fighting some mobs right beside the district wall when the guards detected me, and then they kept detecting me as I was trying to stealth. Because I ended up having to fight mobs at the same time the guards were attacking me, I got killed by an enemy player... Who, to be fair, very likely could have killed me anyway because I'm not good at PVP lol
    J'zharka Khajiit NB (AD)
    Fevassa Dunmer DK (EP)
    Manut Redguard Temp (AD)
  • UrQuan
    UrQuan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hmm, I should be more clear about exactly what happened with them detecting me.

I was fighting mobs right beside the district wall, the guards spotted me and started moving to attack.

I killed the mobs and tried to stealth right against the wall and couldn't.

I used Shadowy Disguise a couple of times (still right against the wall) in a row to get them to de-agro (successfully).

As soon as I let Shadowy Disguise expire they detected me again.
    J'zharka Khajiit NB (AD)
    Fevassa Dunmer DK (EP)
    Manut Redguard Temp (AD)
  • DRXHarbinger
    DRXHarbinger
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    That's happening everywhere now. Once aggrod it takes a good 20s to de agg any npc using cloak. They just stand there saying "stunned" instead of just heading back to spawn.
    PC Master Race

1001CP
    8 Flawless Toons, all Classes.
    Master Angler
    Dro-M'artha Destroyer (at last)
    Tamriel Hero
    Grand Overlord
    Every Skyshard
    Down With BOP!
  • Neoauspex
    Neoauspex
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You can get pretty close to the flag guards if you sneak up behind them. Anywhere in front of the trenches and they'll blast you.
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Agreed that the detection range for the guards is too large. In such a confined space, these guards don't need the "extended detection radius" buff that the Cyrodiil guards have.
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
    Join us on Discord - discord.gg/uesp
  • Lokey0024
    Lokey0024
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Think the detection limit is the same as the furthest they can be hit with any ability.
  • Qbiken
    Qbiken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Agree, detection range is way to far
  • makreth
    makreth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Qbiken wrote: »
    It seems like the same detection range that flag guards in Cyrodiil have, which is fine for Cyrodiil, but seems a little too big for the more confined Imperial City.

keyword, Bingo!
    Edited by makreth on September 1, 2016 1:33PM
  • Beardimus
    Beardimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Detection is quite big, But I've never experienced it as far as you had it. I actually think Cyro resources are worse (in particular as blocked LOS does nothing)

I'm actually ok with the guards, one good ultimate kills all three pretty much if ur solo.
    Xbox One | EU | EP
    Beardimus : VR16 Dunmer MagSorc [RIP MagDW 2015-2018]
    Emperor of Sotha Sil 02-2018 & Sheogorath 05-2019
    1st Emperor of Ravenwatch
    Alts - - for the Lolz
    Archimus : Bosmer Thief / Archer / Werewolf
    Orcimus : Fat drunk Orc battlefield 1st aider
    Scalimus - Argonian Sorc Healer / Pet master

Fighting small scale with : The SAXON Guild
    Fighting with [PvP] : The Undaunted Wolves
    Trading Guilds : TradersOfNirn | FourSquareTraders

Xbox One | NA | EP
    Bëardimus : L43 Dunmer Magsorc / BG
    Heals-With-Pets : VR16 Argonian Sorc PvP / BG Healer
    Nordimus : VR16 Stamsorc
    Beardimus le 13iem : L30 Dunmer Magsorc Icereach
  • Danksta
    Danksta
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I agree about the detection range, but at least they're incredibly easy to kill.
    BawKinTackWarDs PS4/NA