The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

(Suggestion) Adding a period for discontinued mounts before the release of Crown Crates

William_21
William_21
✭✭
As the title says. Look, I'm just one man but the way I see it, if they give everyone the second chance to buy whichever mounts they'd like to, it'd justify/reduce opposing ideas towards Crown Crates. (like, this is it guys, we've given you the last chance to buy what you want and after this you'll only have the Crates to turn to) Personally, I'd pay 5500 crowns for dro-m'athra senche because I like it a lot but I joined this awesome game about a month after the mount had been removed so I never had the chance. Can you make it happen? Give everyone the second chance before they have to rely solely on RNG to get the mount they want? I'm willing to pay a specific amount for something, but if I'm to pay 8000 Crowns when there's no guarantee to get what I want, I just don't think that's healthy guys. I'm new to the forum but I had to get this idea out. :D Thank you for reading!
Edited by William_21 on August 31, 2016 3:19AM
My Chars
Legate William
The Flawless Conqueror - Khajiit StamDK - 53.9k DPS
(Twice-Born Star, Vicious Ophidian, Kra'gh, x2 Sharpened Maelstrom Daggers, Precise Maelstrom Bow)
Vile's Sol
The Flawless Conqueror - Redguard Stamblade
Second Heartbeat
The Flawless Conqueror - Imperial StamDK Tank
(Tavon, Ebon, Bloodspawn)
Dark Annihilator
The Flawless Conqueror - Khajiit Stamblade
Lachandra Rush
The Flawless Conqueror - Redguard Stamplar
Dario Lightningclaw
The Flawless Conqueror - Khajiit Stamsorc
Stormbringer Syra
The Flawless Conqueror - High Elf Magsorc
Auri-El's Light
The Flawless Conqueror - Dark Elf Magplar
Saxhleel Oracle
The Flawless Conqueror - Argonian Magplar Healer
(Spell Power Cure, Infallible Aether, Worm Cult, Precise Maelstrom Restoration Staff)
  • AlienSlof
    AlienSlof
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Agree 100%
    Bionic Crazy Cat Lady
  • LeDave
    LeDave
    ✭✭✭
    No, it's a limited time item. if you failed to buy it at that time, then find something else or wait it out for something new. It wouldn't be fair to the people who bought it at the limited time. Just saying, coming from myself who doesn't even own a Senche mount or anything that fancy, just makes sense to what's rightful.
  • Rage_Killin
    Rage_Killin
    ✭✭✭
    I agree. Limited time crown store items is a dumb thing anyway. I joined this game after too and it looked cool but it was too late for me.
  • Jayne_Doe
    Jayne_Doe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I support your idea, but I don't see it happening. Your desire for the mounts you missed is exactly what they're banking on to fuel the purchase of these gambling crates.

I would rather see them reintroduce these again as limited time items than put them in those hated crates. Limited time doesn't necessarily mean never again. It means they are for sale for a limited time (several days) and then removed. It doesn't mean that they couldn't reintroduce them a year or so later for another limited time sale.

Now, I'm speaking as someone who's been around since the Crown Store launched (well, actually since early access on PC), so I have all the limited time items I want. I have no problem with reintroducing them at regular intervals for new players to have access to them, as well as older players who weren't able to buy them at the time (either due to lack of funds or real life events). I find the whole idea that the only way new players are going to get any of these old items is by gambling, which I find distasteful.
  • Hanokihs
    Hanokihs
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Consider the following:
    In the event you receive a mount, pet, costume or personality that you already own, you'll be awarded special Crown Gems in its place. These Gems can be used to purchase other collectible items from the current Crown Crate season that you'd prefer to have instead.

If you buy the crate and get something you already have, it seems as if the game spits a new currency at you in the form of some kind of gem. You can then save up these gems and spend them on whatever item you're gambling for, because the items available in the gamble boxes will rotate.

Theoretically, buying enough boxes at the right time should guarantee we get the specific items we want, after a point. Their price will likely be severely inflated, but they'll still be available.
    "I haven't really played much yet, but lemme tell you all about how the game should include X and be a lot more like Y!" - Half the posters on this forum.
    "I've been here for years, and lemme tell you all about how they should never change or evolve Z, because then the game would be ruined forever." - The other half of posters on this forum.
  • Jayne_Doe
    Jayne_Doe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Hanokihs wrote: »
    Consider the following:
    In the event you receive a mount, pet, costume or personality that you already own, you'll be awarded special Crown Gems in its place. These Gems can be used to purchase other collectible items from the current Crown Crate season that you'd prefer to have instead.

If you buy the crate and get something you already have, it seems as if the game spits a new currency at you in the form of some kind of gem. You can then save up these gems and spend them on whatever item you're gambling for, because the items available in the gamble boxes will rotate.

Theoretically, buying enough boxes at the right time should guarantee we get the specific items we want, after a point. Their price will likely be severely inflated, but they'll still be available.

Hopefully, this system will be on PTS for testing to see how things work and what the chances are. I'm guessing, though, that the chances of getting anything other than consumables is very low, and the probability it's something you already have even lower, so the chances of getting any gems in the first place will be small. Plus, if you don't yet have the item, you'll have to take it, even if it's something you don't want.

So, yes, a SEVERELY inflated price. Perhaps the chances will be higher than those of us who hate this system think, but I suspect you'll be spending thousands of Crowns/real money to get the one item you are going for, rather than the 4000 Crowns/$40 bucks it originally sold for. So, available, yes, but a really BS way to offer items again that people really want. Here, we're offering this again, but you have to gamble for it - spend hundred of dollars for this item that others got for $40 bucks.
  • Hanokihs
    Hanokihs
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jayne_Doe wrote: »
    Hopefully, this system will be on PTS for testing to see how things work and what the chances are. I'm guessing, though, that the chances of getting anything other than consumables is very low, and the probability it's something you already have even lower, so the chances of getting any gems in the first place will be small. Plus, if you don't yet have the item, you'll have to take it, even if it's something you don't want.

So, yes, a SEVERELY inflated price. Perhaps the chances will be higher than those of us who hate this system think, but I suspect you'll be spending thousands of Crowns/real money to get the one item you are going for, rather than the 4000 Crowns/$40 bucks it originally sold for. So, available, yes, but a really BS way to offer items again that people really want. Here, we're offering this again, but you have to gamble for it - spend hundred of dollars for this item that others got for $40 bucks.

I honestly think this plan is better than a rerelease when it comes to mounts/costumes that are limited or have been removed. Without this system to simulate rarity, they probably wouldn't offer a second chance of any kind; many who play this game seem to be really sensitive about the rarity of their collectibles and obsessively guard any associated bragging rights.

I agree that it should be on the PTS; I'd love to give it a whirl before deciding whether to love or hate it.
    "I haven't really played much yet, but lemme tell you all about how the game should include X and be a lot more like Y!" - Half the posters on this forum.
    "I've been here for years, and lemme tell you all about how they should never change or evolve Z, because then the game would be ruined forever." - The other half of posters on this forum.
  • JKorr
    JKorr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Consider the following:

This works, IF you've purchased a lot of the costumes and mounts already. If you haven't, the item goes into your collectibles and you can't trade it.

I haven't bought any of the guars. I don't have any of the horses. I don't have any of the costumes. I have a panther, and the lioness. Just about any limited special item is going to end up in my collectibles.I didn't like them enough to buy them the first time around. Even if I'm only paying 400 crowns for the box, its 400 too many for things I didn't want in the first place.
  • Jayne_Doe
    Jayne_Doe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    JKorr wrote: »
    Consider the following:

This works, IF you've purchased a lot of the costumes and mounts already. If you haven't, the item goes into your collectibles and you can't trade it.

I haven't bought any of the guars. I don't have any of the horses. I don't have any of the costumes. I have a panther, and the lioness. Just about any limited special item is going to end up in my collectibles.I didn't like them enough to buy them the first time around. Even if I'm only paying 400 crowns for the box, its 400 too many for things I didn't want in the first place.

Especially when you'll more than likely spend 400 Crowns to get nothing but consumables. So, you may have to buy a few crates before even seeing a collectible, and then, since you don't have many in the first place, it'll go into your collection and you'll have to keep trying again and again to try and earn gems to get the discontinued item you do want, unless, of course, you happen to get the item in question from the loot crate.

I'm still just not a fan of this system, and won't be participating in it. But, some people do enjoy a bit of gambling and many are willing and able to set limits for themselves. However, there are those who won't be able to (those with a gambling addiction/whales), and I fear that's exactly what ZOS is banking on.

But, no amount of complaints/arguments/etc. is going to change the fact that these are coming and the only option for new players of getting anything that was a limited edition item or simply removed from the Crown Store is to gamble for it. This still leaves a bad taste in my mouth.
    Edited by Jayne_Doe on August 31, 2016 5:42PM
  • Jayne_Doe
    Jayne_Doe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

I honestly think this plan is better than a rerelease when it comes to mounts/costumes that are limited or have been removed. Without this system to simulate rarity, they probably wouldn't offer a second chance of any kind; many who play this game seem to be really sensitive about the rarity of their collectibles and obsessively guard any associated bragging rights.

I agree that it should be on the PTS; I'd love to give it a whirl before deciding whether to love or hate it.

Agreed - do you think they'll actually put it on the PTS? I'd like to try it out and get a sense of how they actually work, since the information provided is still rather vague.

I do understand that players like to have bragging rights, but basically it just means that they were playing at x time, had the money to spend, wasn't away on vacation, etc. I don't have a problem with re-release, but I can see ZOS wanting to avoid that kind of uproar - though they don't seem to mind the uproar they're causing with the introduction of these crates.

Bottom line: It's going to happen. I'm not going to participate in it, but I'm going to live with it.
  • Hanokihs
    Hanokihs
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Agreed - do you think they'll actually put it on the PTS? I'd like to try it out and get a sense of how they actually work, since the information provided is still rather vague.

I do understand that players like to have bragging rights, but basically it just means that they were playing at x time, had the money to spend, wasn't away on vacation, etc. I don't have a problem with re-release, but I can see ZOS wanting to avoid that kind of uproar - though they don't seem to mind the uproar they're causing with the introduction of these crates.

Bottom line: It's going to happen. I'm not going to participate in it, but I'm going to live with it.

Well, this uproar is different; remember the one over vampire/werewolf bites going on the crown store? The fury died out immediately. There will always be the "RUINED FOREVER" crowd that pops up every time they introduce something new, but if none of them ever vote with their wallets, what's the point in paying them any attention?

I dunno for sure, but it seems reasonable that they'll put these on the PTS like they do everything else. I expect they'll want to know if the RNG is worth tweaking.

Personally, I'll only buy a few here and there, but that's because I try to give everything a whirl at least once. If it turns out that I like it, that's cool - I'll do it once a month or so, depending on their item rotation. If not, oh well; I'm with you - I'll live with it, even if I don't use it.