Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [IN PROGRESS] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Dealing with heal debuff

Erock25
Erock25
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
What are my options as a heavy armor stam sorc for overcoming heal debuffs (mostly incap strike)? I tried efficient purge and it just cost too much to use with any sort of frequency and it seems heal debuffs are everywhere. The usual scenario where I've been noticing it is a gankblade landing Snipe and Ambush at the same time followed by a canceled Incap strike. Right there I go from 30k to 10k health in heavy armor with 2400 crit resist. My next move is usually dodge rolling with a potion and vigor, but vigor is ticking for only 600hp and I'm basically stuck in a losing battle. I don't have access to Major Mending to counteract the heal debuff. What should I do in this situation? Vitality Pot?
You earned the 500 LOLs badge.
You received 500 LOLs. It ain't no fluke, you post great stuff and we're lucky to have you here. +50 points
  • susmitds
    susmitds
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Uum, going from 30k to 10k is not possible with the scenario you mentioned. Typically you will get Major+Minor Fracture from that combo+Surprise Attack, which takes away only 6k.
  • Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    susmitds wrote: »
    Uum, going from 30k to 10k is not possible with the scenario you mentioned. Typically you will get Major+Minor Fracture from that combo+Surprise Attack, which takes away only 6k.

And typically at most youll only be able to have 17k armor removed from all sources (major breach, minor breach, sharpened, CP, mace,)
    Minno - DC - Forum-plar Extraordinaire
    - Guild-lead for MV
    - Filthy Casual
  • Erock25
    Erock25
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Erock25 wrote: »
    Right there I go from 30k to 10k health

You received 500 LOLs. It ain't no fluke, you post great stuff and we're lucky to have you here. +50 points
  • BuggeX
    BuggeX
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    biggest Problem with healdebuff is that there isnt a MAJOR Vitaly buff so open like a MAJOR Defile (reverbating bash)
    only Vitaly Buffs aviable are Classskills, and this are minor
    #makemagickadkgreataigan
    #givemeaexecute
    #ineedheal
    #betterhotfixgrindspots
  • Magus
    Magus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes there are actually major vitality potions now. Slot malubeth and be a cheeser because they are a cheeser gankblade?

And yes with the stealth modifier, NBs can do a snipe, heavy attack, ambush and have them land at the same time and then incap strike and take you from 30k to 10k very easily, effortlessly even. There's a few extra things they could throw in there to kill you without having a chance to react but no need to mention what those are.

Other options, run radiant magelight to cut down 50% of that cheeseblade damage from stealth. If you want to be a weirdo, you can slot barrier and pop that as your ultimate. Streak through them to cc them, dark deal around. Hurricane to pop them out of stealth once you have them on the defensive. Sword and board, block cast heals, yell TEMPLAR HEAL ME on TS. Don't go out alone because the night is dark and full of terrors?
    Duraeon / Maoh
    Former Emperor of Haderus, Trueflame, and Azura's Star
    PC/NA
  • Qbiken
    Qbiken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why is it that you have to be able to counter it? All builds/classes can´t counter everything. All builds has their cons/pros
  • KenaPKK
    KenaPKK
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Qbiken wrote: »
    Why is it that you have to be able to counter it? All builds/classes can´t counter everything. All builds has their cons/pros

Templar is the only class with a purge right now. Efficient purge is beyond bad for magicka, much less stamina..
    Kena
    Legion XIII
    Excellence without elitism
    Premier small scale PvP

Legend
    NA/PC original dueling and general PvP community guild
    Now the hub of competitive dueling and the joined PvP communities of NA and EU/PC

Apex Predator.

Here's a great thread collecting community ideas for PvP updates.

[MEGATHREAD] Feedback Threads for Class Reps

Class Representative Feedback Discords:
    Nightblade Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/t2Xhnu6

Dragonknight Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/UHtZhz8

Sorcerer Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/e3QkCS8

Templar Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/WvVuSw7

Warden Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/sTFY4ys

General Healing Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/6CmzBFb

TONKS!
    https://discord.gg/DRNYd39

Werewolf Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/aDEx2ev

Vampire Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/yfzck8Q
  • Magus
    Magus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    KenaPKK wrote: »

Templar is the only class with a purge right now. Efficient purge is beyond bad for magicka, much less stamina..

Shh, if they touch ritual I'm rage quitting.
    Duraeon / Maoh
    PC/NA
  • KenaPKK
    KenaPKK
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Magus wrote: »

Ritual needs to like...remove 1 debuff each second for 5 seconds after casting or something.

And other classes need access to some kind of reliable purge.

Like for real.
    Edited by KenaPKK on August 31, 2016 9:13PM
    Kena
    Legion XIII
    Premier small scale PvP

Legend
    Now the hub of competitive dueling and the joined PvP communities of NA and EU/PC

Apex Predator.

Nightblade Discussion:

Dragonknight Discussion:

Sorcerer Discussion:

Templar Discussion:

Warden Discussion:

TONKS!

Werewolf Discussion:

Vampire Discussion:
  • Xsorus
    Xsorus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What are my options as a heavy armor stam sorc for overcoming heal debuffs (mostly incap strike)? I tried efficient purge and it just cost too much to use with any sort of frequency and it seems heal debuffs are everywhere. The usual scenario where I've been noticing it is a gankblade landing Snipe and Ambush at the same time followed by a canceled Incap strike. Right there I go from 30k to 10k health in heavy armor with 2400 crit resist. My next move is usually dodge rolling with a potion and vigor, but vigor is ticking for only 600hp and I'm basically stuck in a losing battle. I don't have access to Major Mending to counteract the heal debuff. What should I do in this situation? Vitality Pot?

I have it under good authority that Heal Debuffs will not do much to Vigor *grin*

• Magus
    Magus
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Ritual needs to like...remove 1 debuff each second for 5 seconds after casting or something.

Like for real.

Don't you dare.

Alliance war purge needs a buff, either in effects removed or cost reduced. Overall, the game needs less debuffs.
    Duraeon / Maoh
    PC/NA
  • Magus
    Magus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Side note, don't know why I haven't seen any health regens build running around lately. They are immune to major defile.
    Duraeon / Maoh
    PC/NA
  • Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Like for real.

Don't you dare.

Alliance war purge needs a buff, either in effects removed or cost reduced. Overall, the game needs less debuffs.

I'd agree on this. Though I thought NB had a morph of cloak that removed the dmg from dots?

Either way, if all classes had access to a cheap purge then why have DOTS? Or debuffs?

It's tough, but purge is both a group spell and solo spell. It makes templar unique. Efficient purge sadly should have it's cost still.

They do need to change that bug where purge was hitting the same 6 people and adjust how purifying ritual 's synergy is used.
    - Guild-lead for MV
    - Filthy Casual
  • Magus
    Magus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Minno wrote: »

Like for real.

Don't you dare.

I'd agree on this. Though I thought NB had a morph of cloak that removed the dmg from dots?

Either way, if all classes had access to a cheap purge then why have DOTS? Or debuffs?

It's tough, but purge is both a group spell and solo spell. It makes templar unique. Efficient purge sadly should have it's cost still.

They do need to change that bug where purge was hitting the same 6 people and adjust how purifying ritual 's synergy is used.

They nerfed cloak so it only suppresses DoTs and doesn't remove them anymore.

Because you still need to give up a slot on your limited to bar to use it and still need to manage resources to cast it counter without using up all your magicka on just purges.

I think they fixed the first 6 on purge bug and they are working on doing something with the ritual synergy is the rumor.
    Duraeon / Maoh
    PC/NA
  • Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Like for real.

Don't you dare.

Because you still need to give up a slot on your limited to bar to use it and still need to manage resources to cast it counter without using up all your magicka on just purges.

I think they fixed the first 6 on purge bug and they are working on doing something with the ritual synergy is the rumor.

Correct it only suppresses it.

By that action, it's clear ZOS intends Templars have the ability to instantly remove debuffs/dots.

Should others classes receive a way to suppress dots like the nb?
    - Guild-lead for MV
    - Filthy Casual
  • Magus
    Magus
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Like for real.

Don't you dare.

By that action, it's clear ZOS intends Templars have the ability to instantly remove debuffs/dots.

DoTs are fine as is, in this trash meta it's the poisons and all the other debuffs that are awful. Other magicka classes can use a damage shield to eat up the DoT without an issue. Stamina builds can just cast vigor and get 2-3k ticks without issue - assuming no major defile lol
    Duraeon / Maoh
    PC/NA
  • Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Like for real.

Don't you dare.

DoTs are fine as is, in this trash meta it's the poisons and all the other debuffs that are awful. Other magicka classes can use a damage shield to eat up the DoT without an issue. Stamina builds can just cast vigor and get 2-3k ticks without issue - assuming no major defile lol

Fair answer lol. There are counters to DOTs then.
    - Guild-lead for MV
    - Filthy Casual
  • Soris
    Soris
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Like for real.

Aaand this is now nerf templar thread.

Ritual have been working in the same way for over 2 years. It's identical to templar and this holy knight archetype. Like nbs have their cloak.

If all classes should be able to do the same thing, then why we have classes in first place?

But if that so, my templar would very much like to have teleport image and cloak.
    Welkynd [Templar/AD/EU]
  • Elara_Northwind
    Elara_Northwind
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Like for real.

Ok, in this case, flappy flappy wings must only reflect 1 thing, same as the 1h and shield ability, and sorcerer streak and shield must have a cool down and nb cloak must be nerfed to the ground.... Oh, most of these were nerfed already as well as templar heals. I forgot for a moment that stamina skills were the ones that were OP, oops... :grimace:
    Sorcerer, Templar, Wolf Collector, Housing Addict!

GM of Salted Wings Tavern and Salted Wings Housing 🏠🌻

'A House is Built with Boards and Beams, a Home is Built with Love and Dreams'

Youtube - https://www.youtube.com/c/ElaraNorthwind
  • Erock25
    Erock25
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Xsorus wrote: »

I have it under good authority that Heal Debuffs will not do much to Vigor *grin*

Well they're authoritatively wrong because I keep seeing my Vigor tick for 600.
    Edited by Erock25 on September 1, 2016 12:08AM
  • KenaPKK
    KenaPKK
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Oh boy I love nerf Templar threads. I agree. Remove the purge from ritual, buff beam, and delete magicka DKs from the game.
    Kena
    Legion XIII
    Premier small scale PvP

Legend

Apex Predator.

Nightblade Discussion:

Dragonknight Discussion:

Sorcerer Discussion:

Templar Discussion:

Warden Discussion:

TONKS!

Werewolf Discussion:

Vampire Discussion:
  • Erock25
    Erock25
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Oh boy I love nerf Templar threads. I agree. Remove the purge from ritual, buff beam, and delete magicka DKs from the game.

It should be a buff purge thread or maybe zos should add a purging effect to alchemy.
  • Brutusmax1mus
    Brutusmax1mus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dodge roll, vigor, cast hurricane, rally. Then you're feared, break, stun them and start your dps weaves. By this time hurricane has crit twice or more and you've got at least 6k back from that . If you're dw do your light attack healing slash(forgot the name), light attack blood craze for more healing and crit surge procs.

Dodgerolling or blocking as soon as they ambush will ruin that combo most of the time as many are just mashing incap asap.

Honestly i like immovability pots better than vitality. Stopping that initial fear eats their time to burst your down and didn't give them the damage bonus.

The key is to sustain and put them on the defensive. You'll eat through them if you can sustain. With crit surge, slashes, blood craze you can stay on the offensive for a very long time.

Sets can help too. Eternal hunt will work wonders to buy you time. A dodge roll with eternal hunt can give you time for 2 dark deals well.
  • Xsorus
    Xsorus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Xsorus wrote: »

Well they're authoritatively wrong because I keep seeing my Vigor tick for 600.

I don't know; they were all pretty convinced that Healing Debuffs were useless against Vigor.
  • Forestd16b14_ESO
    Forestd16b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Actually not really cause most PvP players know that crit is becomeing useless in PvP cause of impen so they switch to penetration and armor de-buffs. Factoring all that can turn a 33K resistance mitigation caped tank into a 11K-9K resistance tank greatly increasing the damage they received and of course pair that with the stupidly high damage a player can get yea that 10-20K attack happens alot I know I run into those builds alot in PvP.
  • juhasman
    juhasman
    ✭✭✭✭

I usually not roll dodging after break free. When I am running heavy armor stam sorc after breaking free I hold block then I use reverb bash or dawnbreaker of smithing on gankblade and healing myself with vigor+rally and potion when he is in stun and needs to break it. Then eventually i am dodging to buy additional time and i am ready to respond.
    Edited by juhasman on September 1, 2016 5:06AM
  • IxSTALKERxI
    IxSTALKERxI
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Best way to deal with healing debuff is to play in a group lol. It's difficult to deal with debuffs as a solo player unless you're a templar. Playing solo is not allowed! Everyone must be a zergling or die. :)
    NA | PC | Aldmeri Dominion
    Laser Eyes AR 26 Arcanist | Stalker V AR 41 Warden | I Stalker I AR 42 NB | Stalkersaurus AR 31 Templar | Stalker Ill AR 31 Sorc | Nigel the Great of Blackwater
    Former Emperor x11 campaign cycles
    Venatus Officer | RIP RÁGE | YouTube Channel
  • Lokey0024
    Lokey0024
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Actually not really cause most PvP players know that crit is becomeing useless in PvP cause of impen so they switch to penetration and armor de-buffs. Factoring all that can turn a 33K resistance mitigation caped tank into a 11K-9K resistance tank greatly increasing the damage they received and of course pair that with the stupidly high damage a player can get yea that 10-20K attack happens alot I know I run into those builds alot in PvP.

Wtf u mean switched to? You can get most of that without any changes required
  • Forestd16b14_ESO
    Forestd16b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Lokey0024 wrote: »

Wtf u mean switched to? You can get most of that without any changes required

Point being penetration is the new DPS burst meta cause it goes through mitigation instead of raw damage and crit damage becoming smaller from beating on mitigation. Doesn't help that for some odd reason the mitigation cap is still 50% at 33K resistance.