Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Update 12 Odd Things to Check!

MissBizz
MissBizz
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
Making a wee little list of things I'm going to head out and check on the PTS when it goes up. If anyone has any suggestions (or better yet has some PLUS checks them) post away!

-Can we pick up Undaunted Pledges in all 3 enclaves?
-Who are these new pledge givers?
-How does finding provisioning recipes work? (are we back to being forever SOL if we miss some while levelling?)
-How awesome is fishing with your other faction friends?
-How do crafting writs work? (still tied to specific zones? If so can you use the other factions equivalent zones?)
-Any changes to motif drops? (can you find ancient elf etc. in ALL zones now?)
Lone Wolf HelpFor the solo players who know, sometimes you just need a hand.PC | NA | AD-DC-EP | Discord
  • wayfarerx
    wayfarerx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I'm curious to know how dueling will interact with the justice system. If you dawnbreaker a bunch of civilians along with your opponent do the guards charge in and break up the fight? Can you drag a guard into a duel to screw over the duelers?
    @wayfarerx - PC / North America / Aldmeri Dominion
  • TheHsN
    TheHsN
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    wayfarerx wrote: »
    I'm curious to know how dueling will interact with the justice system. If you dawnbreaker a bunch of civilians along with your opponent do the guards charge in and break up the fight? Can you drag a guard into a duel to screw over the duelers?

why dont u duel in a open field...:)
    Plays:
    Magicka SORC - PvE/PvP
    Stamina NB - PvE/PvP
    Magicka NB - PvE/PvP
    Magicka Templar - PvE
    Stamina Templar - PvP
    Magicka DK - PvE
    Stamina DK - PvE
  • CometStrike
    CometStrike
    ✭✭
    Out of the top of my head I can think about many additional things to check:

- does mat scaling work as advertised in patch notes (whatever that will be)?
    - how hard is it to get the new zone-exclusive item sets?
    - will truly new players (not alts with tons of CP) be at a disadvantage in the battle leveling system? I.e. how does a "new" level 10 compare to a level 10 with CPs and how do they compare to a level 40 with/without CPs statwise and how do they do in a fight?
    - how hard are Craglorn mobs compared to other zones?
    - how hard are the new dungeon modes compared to existing ones?
    - are the instanced main story/guild quests also battle leveled?
    - which weapon ultimate is the most overpowered? :D
    - will identical mobs (e.g. wolves) be identical in difficulty (damage/health) and XP in different zones or are differences built in to still keep a "natural" sorting in difficulty and quest progression?
    - how many quests can a character have active at any time?
    - how do NPCs react to your char when you perform quests in a totally illogical way? Will they praise you as the saviour of whatever when you have not done that zone yet?
    PC/EU (AD)
  • Darlon
    Darlon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I will probably spend quite a bit of time going through what right now are the 'low level' zones. Mainly checking out world bosses and other general changes...
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Priority check for me:

- Does the story still make sense? Do they explain how/why we can visit other alliance territories?
    - Did someone say MG and FG dailies? If so, finding those is next on the list.
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
    Join us on Discord - discord.gg/uesp
  • Maotti
    Maotti
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    And also, please ZoS. For the love of Azura! Can you have wayshrines for all zones unlocked?
    PC EU
  • Darlon
    Darlon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Maotti wrote: »
    And also, please ZoS. For the love of Azura! Can you have wayshrines for all zones unlocked?

I would already be very happy with 1 shrine per zone.
  • SpAEkus
    SpAEkus
    ✭✭✭✭
    IF every Zone is battle leveled, what level are the quests and the XP return, regardless of NPC scaling?

I have 6 alt-crafters ramping to L50 just to do Silver-Gold for CP grind. What will be my game-plan after Tamriel One?
  • sentientomega
    sentientomega
    ✭✭✭
    First I'll be seeing PTS char templates are, and then I'll be making a brand new max-level char (if such a template exists), and then a brand new level 1 char, get them out of wailing prison, and testing how strong the mobs in all zones are.

If they succeed reasonably well against bosses with one-gem (e.g. trolls) in their white armour and weapons, at level, say, 6, then I think I may be able to smile and know that this game I love does not hate me yet.
    MissBizz wrote: »
    -How does finding provisioning recipes work? (are we back to being forever SOL if we miss some while levelling?)
    -How do crafting writs work? (still tied to specific zones? If so can you use the other factions equivalent zones?)
    -Any changes to motif drops? (can you find ancient elf etc. in ALL zones now?)

These I would also like to know, especially the fishing. :D
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SpAEkus wrote: »
    IF every Zone is battle leveled, what level are the quests and the XP return, regardless of NPC scaling?

I have 6 alt-crafters ramping to L50 just to do Silver-Gold for CP grind. What will be my game-plan after Tamriel One?
    Assuming it works exactly like DLC zones do now, each quest will be at your level, and will give quest XP appropriate for that level.
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
    Join us on Discord - discord.gg/uesp
  • SpAEkus
    SpAEkus
    ✭✭✭✭
    If everyone is in every zone, what is Zone Chat going to look like? LFG and Zone Trading should be fun eh?
  • SpAEkus
    SpAEkus
    ✭✭✭✭
    Enodoc wrote: »
    SpAEkus wrote: »

Assuming it works exactly like DLC zones do now, each quest will be at your level, and will give quest XP appropriate for that level.

Well if it does that then I should have no problem quest-grinding to cap. I may hold off then until after it goes live to start running these L50's.
  • Paulington
    Paulington
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    wayfarerx wrote: »

At the tavern Rich said that you end up "locked" to your opponent, only able to hit them and such so I guess nothing would happen!

We shall see tomorrow!
  • MissBizz
    MissBizz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Out of the top of my head I can think about many additional things to check:

- does mat scaling work as advertised in patch notes (whatever that will be)?
    - how hard is it to get the new zone-exclusive item sets?
    - will truly new players (not alts with tons of CP) be at a disadvantage in the battle leveling system? I.e. how does a "new" level 10 compare to a level 10 with CPs and how do they compare to a level 40 with/without CPs statwise and how do they do in a fight?
    - how hard are Craglorn mobs compared to other zones?
    - how hard are the new dungeon modes compared to existing ones?
    - are the instanced main story/guild quests also battle leveled?
    - which weapon ultimate is the most overpowered? :D
    - will identical mobs (e.g. wolves) be identical in difficulty (damage/health) and XP in different zones or are differences built in to still keep a "natural" sorting in difficulty and quest progression?
    - how do NPCs react to your char when you perform quests in a totally illogical way? Will they praise you as the saviour of whatever when you have not done that zone yet?

@CometStrike I'd bet ya 100 gold that crafting nodes work exactly like DLC zones. You get either your character level or crafting levels across the board.

I think I hear something about battle levelling being tweaked? So other than checking out zones that are now just scaled, may be go to check out existing scaled zones to see how it's helped/hindered.

I definitely may check out the scaling as well. I went through Orsinium with a fresh character and wow. It was actually a bit tough (I intentionally used picked up loot etc.)
    Lone Wolf HelpFor the solo players who know, sometimes you just need a hand.PC | NA | AD-DC-EP | Discord
  • GrigorijMalahevich
    GrigorijMalahevich
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The questions is - will the resource gathering scale to players in zone... Wrothgar resource run is getting quite crowded if all three fractions will join forces...

Furthermore, will there be a capital city for whole of Tamriel? You think of Imperial City, but it is a PvP area - is there a plan to make some sort of capital city? Can't even imagine the price for vendors there... :)

For Duelling - will there be a ladder or duel rating of some sort? People love duelling and maybe something like a duel arena stone, where after joining you are teleported to arena with a random enemy that has something like same rating as you do.
    Or maybe a stone in main cities and you can put a bid like 10,000 GP and start a duel with anyone who thinks they can take you for that money or something similar. Then after the fight starts, people can press on the same stone and spectate the fight, but are invisible or just isolated.

Just some thoughts.
    PC/EU 800 CP.
    PvP MagSorc.
    Pedro Gonzales - Mag Sorc EP vMA Flawless Conqueror clear http://imgur.com/a/CB6j6
    Valera Progib - Stam Sorc DC vMA Flawless Conqueror clear https://i.imgur.com/eYgpXG2.png
    Valera Pozhar - Mag DK EP vMA Flawless Conqueror clear http://imgur.com/a/jrsuK
    Valera Podlechi - Mag Templar AD vMA Flawless Conqueror clear http://imgur.com/a/N0BYq
  • MissBizz
    MissBizz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    AH! Adding another thing to the list.

How the heck do we choose what dungeon we go into? Either by walking into one OR via the group finder. Right now vet/normal determines the story. I imagine in the finder they could have "Wayrest 1" and "wayrest 2" then pick normal or vet... but just wandering through the door?
  • Cinbri
    Cinbri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    My test list more pragmatic:
    1. Test new monster sets.
    2. Test new sets.
    3. Test PvE dueling.
    4. Test class changes.
    5. Test weapon ults.
    6. Check new crafting styles.
  • Darlon
    Darlon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    AH! Adding another thing to the list.

How the heck do we choose what dungeon we go into? Either by walking into one OR via the group finder. Right now vet/normal determines the story. I imagine in the finder they could have "Wayrest 1" and "wayrest 2" then pick normal or vet... but just wandering through the door?

That's an interesting one... I can indeed imagine group finder having a "wayrest chapter 1" and "wayrest chapter 2"...

Maybe they'll make separate entrances or maybe a selection of which one you want to enter if you click the door ?

• wrathofrraath
    wrathofrraath
    ✭✭✭
    Check out if vCoA sets and undaunted weaps like white bow of alinor finally got scaled to max level
    Vokul Lovaas - V16 Magicka Dragonknight
    Vokul Vol - V16 Magicka Nightblade

Order of Mundus - NA DC

DK heals OP
  • X3ina
    X3ina
    ✭✭✭

SW GoH > ESO
  • CometStrike
    CometStrike
    ✭✭
    X3ina wrote: »

Yes, thats the current number. But as you could (theoretically) visit all zones in One Tamriel in a much more haphazard fashion, people have been asking for that number to be higher and we will have to see whether or not Zenimax agrees
    PC/EU (AD)
  • exiledtyrant
    exiledtyrant
    ✭✭✭
    1. Combat
    2. Combat
    3. Combat
    4. Combat
    5. Combat

That's all I ever care about and I can't wait!
    If all are brethren
    How could my hands not tremble
    As breath fled my prey?

What blinds my vision?
    My hands are tools; it must be
    The haze of blossoms

-Salous the Penitent
  • ManDraKE
    ManDraKE
    ✭✭✭✭✭

is that sarcasm? "how awesone can be stay in the same spot for hours doing nothing" lol
  • MissBizz
    MissBizz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ManDraKE wrote: »

is that sarcasm? "how awesone can be stay in the same spot for hours doing nothing" lol

Absolutely not. Apparently you've never made fishing into a mead drinking game before ;)@ManDraKE It's more about the people than the fishing.
  • Cinbri
    Cinbri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I also hyped about other thing - what people will datamine from new pts build. Those things always bring awesome news.
  • WhiteCoatSyndrome
    WhiteCoatSyndrome
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Cinbri wrote: »
    I also hyped about other thing - what people will datamine from new pts build. Those things always bring awesome news.

^Ooo, this. Also since they tested the Witches Festival last round...and they hinted there was going to be a New Life Festival event too...is that getting tested this round?
    #proud2BAStarObsessedLoony
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!
    A useful explanation for how RNG works
  • Tib
    Tib
    ✭✭✭
    Enodoc wrote: »
    Priority check for me:

- Does the story still make sense? Do they explain how/why we can visit other alliance territories?
    - Did someone say MG and FG dailies? If so, finding those is next on the list.

^ These, and Craglorn. I wonder if they will change anythimg else there, apart from adjusting to soloing :)
    ~Tibbie~
    Senior Achievement Seeker, Scholar of UESP and the laziest trader in Tamriel
    Editor and Recent Changes Patroller at UESP
    Member of Beyond Skyrim: Iliac Bay
  • SirCritical
    SirCritical
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Check out if vCoA sets and undaunted weaps like white bow of alinor finally got scaled to max level

And got included to any random set, because now these are just insta-decon-items...
  • Therwind
    Therwind
    ✭✭✭

Wut? Correct me if I'm wrong, you're wanting all wayshrines to be instantly discovered?
  • Darlon
    Darlon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Therwind wrote: »

Wut? Correct me if I'm wrong, you're wanting all wayshrines to be instantly discovered?

For template characters on the pts, yes please