Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Please fix Blacksmithing Writ that requires 5 rubedite items

Dagoth_Rac
Dagoth_Rac
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭
There is a Blacksmith Writ that comes up every few days that requires you to make 5 items with rubedite ingots. All other writs, Blacksmithing/Clothier/Woodworking, only require 3 pieces of gear to be crafted with these expensive max tier materials. These writs have low ROI as is and crafting 5 pieces is too great a cost. I think this is an oversight dating back to when the writs did not require rubedite ingots and you meant to reduce requirements to 3 pieces of gear to craft, not 5. Please look into modifying this. Thank you.
  • undefeatdgaul
    undefeatdgaul
    ✭✭✭
    agreed
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, please get rid of the two daggers, two pauldrons and sword I think is the last item. But, yes this one needs to be adjusted to 3 pieces to match the other writs.
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• MasterGohan
    MasterGohan
    ✭✭
    I agree with you but in all honesty top tier mats are super easy to find now.
  • Synfaer
    Synfaer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Agreed

For some reason the RNG hates me and gives me this writ 80% of the time.
  • helediron
    helediron
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Synfaer wrote: »
    Agreed

Writs are not RNG based. They have fixed three day rotation, except alchemy four days. If you are doing writs with multiple characters but not every day, it could be you hit the bad days. You can skip the expensive day, but you need to remember when they occur. Next day gets the next quest regardless of doing or not doing the writ. Each character has their own cycle.

...and agree with OP.
    Edited by helediron on August 30, 2016 1:47PM
    On hiatus. PC,EU,AD - crafting completionist - @helediron 900+ cp, @helestor 1000+ cp, @helestar 800+ cp, @helester 700+ cp - Dragonborn Z Suomikilta, Harrods, Master Crafter. - Blog - Crafthouse: all stations, all munduses, all dummies, open to everyone
  • Reverb
    Reverb
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Signed
    Battle not with monsters, lest ye become a monster, and if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you. ~Friedrich Nietzsche
  • Ashtaris
    Ashtaris
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Signed
  • Trashkan
    Trashkan
    ✭✭✭
    Maybe they are trying to even out the value of mats?
  • Unsent.Soul
    Unsent.Soul
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Trashkan wrote: »
    Maybe they are trying to even out the value of mats?

This makes no sense, they've been the same since it was voidstone/rubedite. Just laziness on the developer for not changing it.
    I agree with you but in all honesty top tier mats are super easy to find now.

They aren't difficult. They are everywhere. I've gone from actively doing writs on 3 characters to picking and choosing when it comes to equipment writs.

I'm either buying materials in bulk, farming them myself, or breaking down an item to get ONE ingot back.

They need to "re-invent" writs entirely. Before this update I was self sufficient and had mats for writs. Now I'm spending more time/gold to do the writs and hope for that *** poor chance of a yellow material....

• MissBizz
    MissBizz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    helediron wrote: »
    Agreed

Writs are not RNG based. They have fixed three day rotation, except alchemy four days. If you are doing writs with multiple characters but not every day, it could be you hit the bad days. You can skip the expensive day, but you need to remember when they occur. Next day gets the next quest regardless of doing or not doing the writ. Each character has their own cycle.

...and agree with OP.

Woah.

I also have not been keeping up with my writs and was starting to fume because it seemed I always was getting the expensive blacksmith writ! The more you know.

/signed. (Seriously. There's no reason for 1 expensive writ)
    Lone Wolf HelpFor the solo players who know, sometimes you just need a hand.PC | NA | AD-DC-EP | Discord
  • Ashtaris
    Ashtaris
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Since I don't believe anyone at ZOS cares a rip about crafting anymore, we should tag them so they might take a look at this thread. @ZOS_GinaBruno, @ZOS_JessicaFolsom.
  • Synfaer
    Synfaer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    helediron wrote: »
    Agreed

...and agree with OP.

That makes sense.
    I've also noticed the rotation is linked for ALL skills, for example when you get the 2xShoulder+2xdagger+helm you will always get the Rubido leather clothing writ as well and the woodworking 2xbow + shield writ etc...
  • Synfaer
    Synfaer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ashtaris wrote: »
    Since I don't believe anyone at ZOS cares a rip about crafting anymore, we should tag them so they might take a look at this thread. @ZOS_GinaBruno, @ZOS_JessicaFolsom.

If we come up with some good ideas for the crown store, I'm sure the developers would pay more attention to this forum.
  • Beardimus
    Beardimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Agreed on this. Cool to learn the schedule is set too!!
    Xbox One | EU | EP
    Beardimus : VR16 Dunmer MagSorc [RIP MagDW 2015-2018]
    Emperor of Sotha Sil 02-2018 & Sheogorath 05-2019
    1st Emperor of Ravenwatch
    Alts - - for the Lolz
    Archimus : Bosmer Thief / Archer / Werewolf
    Orcimus : Fat drunk Orc battlefield 1st aider
    Scalimus - Argonian Sorc Healer / Pet master

Fighting small scale with : The SAXON Guild
    Fighting with [PvP] : The Undaunted Wolves
    Trading Guilds : TradersOfNirn | FourSquareTraders

Xbox One | NA | EP
    Bëardimus : L43 Dunmer Magsorc / BG
    Heals-With-Pets : VR16 Argonian Sorc PvP / BG Healer
    Nordimus : VR16 Stamsorc
    Beardimus le 13iem : L30 Dunmer Magsorc Icereach
  • helediron
    helediron
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is a bit old but i think it's still valid. This might help to know the bad days.
    Screenshot%202016-09-01%2010.01.50.png
    Five writs have same three day rotation. If you do one you know the others. Alchemy has four day rotation. I skipped gear writs on one day and the rotation kept going. I even upgraded from 9/10 writs to 10/10 writs and the rotation stayed.
    On hiatus. PC,EU,AD - crafting completionist - @helediron 900+ cp, @helestor 1000+ cp, @helestar 800+ cp, @helester 700+ cp - Dragonborn Z Suomikilta, Harrods, Master Crafter. - Blog - Crafthouse: all stations, all munduses, all dummies, open to everyone